please join in the protest

sneakypete

not about how **** we are right now !

If you were being honest you would agree we have been pretty **** for about 3 or 4 years.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
re-read my first sentence of the post you quoted

Oh well. That's a shame.

If Vlad's biggest critics (on here anyway) can't get behind a protest then it's fair to say Sneaky Pete is wasting his time.

It's been interesting to see opinions on this though. If this thread is anything to go by, it suggests to me people aren't as concerned as some like to think and many have a realistic grasp on the current situation. Folk aren't quite ready for change.

we are currently bottom 6 for 2nd season in 3. Csaba was nowhere near us first time round...

We're in the bottom six because we have a manager that seems unwilling to adapt or digress from the way he'd ideally like to play to suit the tools (what an apt word) he actually has available. Mad Vlad let him down in the summer but IMHO it's his stubborn attitude and constant crying over spilt milk that has us where we are at the moment.

Rotherham Jambo
in my view one shambolic protest may lead to more organised protests

A woman runnning under a horse, a man standing in front of a tank....

No need to be worried - I get how protests work - not all, by any means are structured and gold plated.

But if they arent it allows the sceptics to attack - this happens in nearly all situations where people want change. At some point, usually early doors before there is any momentum

Its not bizarre that I understand that

Good post from left-field.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires.

so basically you are throwing your weight behind the protest because it is in fact a protest and may lead to more protests.

it matters not that people remain in the dark as to the cause & effect... it's not really important. what is important is that it's a protest.

so what happens if people following your lead later find out that the cause & effect are things they didn't support?

jammyt this is complete nonsense. you can't credibly ask people to back an action and tell them it's not their business to know what it's about.

I'm not throwing my weight behind it. I'm defending the right for it to happen.

But at the end of the day if there is a protest by Hearts fans it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know broadly what its about. Nearly everyone in Scotland would get the basic premise.....apart from some obtuse Hearts fans that is.

It only seems to be some Hearts fans that dont get the cause of the problems at the club - which by the way is truely bizarre

Oh well. That's a shame.

If Vlad's biggest critics (on here anyway) can't get behind a protest then it's fair to say Sneaky Pete is wasting his time.

It's been interesting to see opinions on this though. If this thread is anything to go by, it suggests to me people aren't as concerned as some like to think and many have a realistic grasp on the current situation. Folk aren't quite ready for change.

Mmm... I think it's more that we're in an impossible situation, meaning it's going to take an absolute genius idea for us to get behind. Suffice to say, this isn't it.

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

see you @ Celtic game outside main stand! Something has to be done or do we wait until February till he recalls the debt!! Romanov GTF!!

If it's true that the OP doesn't have a ST then his passion is questionable.

if true, who's to say he'll even turn up for his own protest.

this sounds like a poor real radio wind up

J.T.F.Robertson
FFS Gie the guy a break, Okay he might not be the most educated guy in the world but he is willing to shout out that he doesn't like the way the club/team is going. If he fails to make an impact(most probably will) at least he can say he tried.

Well done that man.

To the rest of you,,,, just keep sitting on your hands with your head in the sand

That's not the point. It's surely more to do with how one's intellect is perceived on a message board, coupled with grammatical perfection, of course.

If the above is not adhered to, it negates the gist of any post.

Seems fair to me. :smoking:

people aren't as concerned as some like to think .

Not enough people are concerned as they should be, which prevents the relative unity, which hinders effective protest.

Being obtuse doesnt prove anything

portobellojambo1
If you were being honest you would agree we have been pretty **** for about 3 or 4 years.

So, if this has been going on for 3 or 4 years why protest at this particular moment in time, what has brought it to a head, and why choose the Celtic game.

Surely it would have had more effect if a protest had been held outside the main stand at Parkhead after the CIS Cup tie, a game I believe Mr Romanov attended (although may be wrong, honestly not sure).

If someone stopped you in the street and said "I'm having a protest, are you up for it", would you simply respond "Aye" or would you try to establish the basis of the protest and what it was the protestor(s) hoped to achieve.

Guest Vanbasten1874
I will turn up for the protest as long as there is sufficient refreshments.

Hog%20Roast.jpg

& a

2008-10-04_Beer_Fest_tents.jpg

Will do me :2thumbsup:

What we protesting about btw ??

Can he guarantee the weather as well if so count me in it looks like a veritable beerfest .

I will turn up for the protest as long as there is sufficient refreshments.

Hog%20Roast.jpg

& a

2008-10-04_Beer_Fest_tents.jpg

Will do me :2thumbsup:

What we protesting about btw ??

Never mind protests. If you're looking for the above, get thee to the Manchester United players' Christmas Party later this month. :th_o:

So, if this has been going on for 3 or 4 years why protest at this particular moment in time, what has brought it to a head, and why choose the Celtic game.

Surely it would have had more effect if a protest had been held outside the main stand at Parkhead after the CIS Cup tie, a game I believe Mr Romanov attended (although may be wrong, honestly not sure).

If someone stopped you in the street and said "I'm having a protest, are you up for it", would you simply respond "Aye" or would you try to establish the basis of the protest and what it was the protestor(s) hoped to achieve.

Why not?

Does there need to be perfection in timing of protests as well as general structure...

I'm not saying this proposed protest has any prospect of success.

But I cant think of anything significant that has ever changed as the result of one perfectly arranged perfectly timed protest.

True, the football we have played has being **** !

My point is in terms of Vlad, we have a manager in charge, no hundreds of players on loan from Kanus, no fax machine, no mad rants. What more are you expecting ? We don't have money, likr the rest of the SPL, i think it is the fact that Vlad has said, if i'm not getting a say, i'm not bankrolling the club ! Surly you should be happy at that ? Or would you like him to be more pro-active if it means that Csaba losing some control ?

I'm not throwing my weight behind it. I'm defending the right for it to happen.

But at the end of the day if there is a protest by Hearts fans it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know broadly what its about. Nearly everyone in Scotland would get the basic premise.....apart from some obtuse Hearts fans that is.

It only seems to be some Hearts fans that dont get the cause of the problems at the club - which by the way is truely bizarre

no jammyt, it may not take a rocket scientist to work out that the protest is about people not being happy about SOMETHING. it could make a crucial difference to people to know whether it's a protest about the man continuing to own the club (a call to sack the board) or if it's about a plea for change by the owner.

you were on about agendas driving people to denounce the would-be protest leader as a crank but it's probably closer to the truth to say that it's your own agenda driving your utterly misguided and borderline totalitarian insistence that the masses needn't know what they are being asked to protest about.

i ask again... what are you afraid of?

yes folks it was me on real radio last night , am trying to organise a protest at the celtic game as am sick of the board plus gary mackay who seems to know more than hes letting on as last summer gary went to kaunas for a meeting with the coward and was told of his visions for our club anyway am no ****ing hobo and love hearts like my son so am going to be outside the main stand after the game protesting at the whole of the board remmeber vlads niece is on the board and reports back to him, have also got a piece going in the een the friday before the game to drum up support as the more the merrier , i just want to get the message across that we are not a ****ing toy thats gonna get dumped cos the owners lost intrest , you may think that he,ll no here about it well for me its only the ****ing beginning as i have friends who work at the balmoral hotel that will let me know when hes in town and i,ll be outside the hotel lettong him no what i think of way of dealings is , anyway please help me and some others on the day as this is OUR CLUB thanks peter

What a really stupid thing to say.

He appears to have difficulty answering anything at all, never mind things he doesn't like.

If he thinks JKB is mean he's going to have a ball with the journos.

Indeed.

at least i care about my team you ****ing **** and am prepared to do something about rather than sit on my arse

Well would you care to address the (serious) points made by myself and other users on this thread? If you are planning to engage with the media on this one, you had better be prepared to answer their questions lest you come across like John Smeaton when interrogated by STV's Bernard Ponsonby when he announced he was standing at the recent Glasgow North by-election.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Look forward to the boy doing his media run though - should be something out of the ordinary, especially if they ask him a question he doesn't like!

:rofl:

Jim McLean v John Barnes all over again!! :10900:

see you @ Celtic game outside main stand! Something has to be done or do we wait until February till he recalls the debt!! Romanov GTF!!

I think if Vlad was told to GTF and he done so, he would be more likely to recall the debt, so straight away this protest, if this is what the protest is about (I still don't know) is flawed.

i hope that the board at least listen to the fans for once and give us a statement to what is actually happening instead of bull**** . i am hoping to at least hear something postive from our board who many think the sun shines out of there arse and am willing to do something i.e. protest at the running of my beloved club instead of doing nothing . we should at least be united instead of bickering and only used real radio and een ti drum up support . am not trying to upset any fans ,just want thye board to realise that were no mugs

Pete, I'm genuine about this question. If you could wave a magic wand and get anything you wanted, what would you like to happen at Hearts?

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Can he guarantee the weather as well if so count me in it looks like a veritable beerfest .

Nope, another reason for a protest.

Weather GTF.

If the weather is rather unpleasant then can I suggest a protest in one of the local hostelries where it should be nice and cosy and refreshments can be purchased.

Mmm... I think it's more that we're in an impossible situation, meaning it's going to have to take an absolute genius idea for us to get behind. Suffice to say, this isn't it.

Not really. You see how much certain people hate Romanov on here yet they are nowhere to be seen when someone actually decides to do something.

Surely if you hated him that much, any opportunity to voice your opinion would be greatly received. One thing Sneaky Pete has done is drummed up a bit of media attention and caught the attention of a few thousands Hearts fans yet he is still practically on his tod. Suggests to me people aren't as bothered as they make out.

May be wrong though.

And you are saying I am bizarre?

What am I afraid of?

that's right, i am asking what it is you are afraid of. what is it you would like to remain not said by the would be protest leader?

are you afraid he might supply a detailed explaination of his causes and effects because it might mean that would be protesters decide not to lend their support?

it looks awfully like you would like this protest to happen and for people to blindly fall into line without them being afforded the courtesy of a rough idea as to what it's all about.

looks like the ends justify the means eh?

Not really. You see how much certain people hate Romanov on here yet they are nowhere to be seen when someone actually decides to do something.

Surely if you hated him that much, any opportunity to voice your opinion would be greatly received. One thing Sneaky Pete has done is drummed up a bit of media attention and caught the attention of a few thousands Hearts fans yet he is still practically on his tod. Suggests to me people aren't as bothered as they make out.

May be wrong though.

No - because I imagine you know as well as I do that before any protest/campaign even started, it'd have to be incredibly well thought out, have a united fanbase behind it and so on. Otherwise, the media just portray the ringleaders as lunatics, and Romanov would just laugh. I appreciate that doesn't go for everyone though, and certainly, what some people write on here isn't followed through in practice. It's human nature that people can't be arsed in many cases.

No - because I imagine you know as well as I do that before any protest/campaign even started, it'd have to be incredibly well thought out, have a united fanbase behind it and so on. Otherwise, the media just portray the ringleaders as lunatics, and Romanov would just laugh. I appreciate that doesn't go for everyone though, and certainly, what some people write on here isn't followed through in practice. It's human nature that people can't be arsed in many cases.

Which in the famous hat kicking process, was indeed the case.

Which in the famous hat kicking process, was indeed the case.

And is why any leaders of any campaign would have to be moderates, unimpeachable Hearts fans with season tickets (which rules me out!), media savvy and very prepared: able to put their point across in a reasonable way and not allow the press to 'spin' it according to what suited them. Which is extremely difficult to achieve, of course.

Apparently we don't need to know what the protest is about though so how can anyone unite behind something they have no idea about?

It's all very confusing. Think I'll just head home/pub after the game.

I'd be up for a protest telling Vlad he's a dick.

OK, it's less of a protest, more of an affirmation.

But I don't see any harm in it.

Apparently we don't need to know what the protest is about though so how can anyone unite behind something they have no idea about?

It's all very confusing. Think I'll just head home/pub after the game.

Sounds sensible to me! Nothing particularly unusual in all this, incidentally. On a Norwich board, a poster called Smudger has been trying to drum up protests against Delia for years. He attacks anyone who won't join him, accuses them all of "having their heads in the sand", gets very personal and ends up with no more than 20 mates standing outside Carrow Road abusing the board.

To my surprise, he's actually a nice guy in real life - but a complete **** online.

Im sure the heart is in the right place but without more info this will die on its erse.

This is the winter of discontent.

And is why any leaders of any campaign would have to be moderates, unimpeachable Hearts fans with season tickets (which rules me out!), media savvy and very prepared: able to put their point across in a reasonable way and not allow the press to 'spin' it according to what suited them. Which is extremely difficult to achieve, of course.

The said leader telling people what he or she is protesting about and what their objectives are would be a good start.

The said leader telling people what he or she is protesting about and what their objectives are would be a good start.

Indeed.

Im sure the heart is in the right place but without more info this will die on its erse.

This is the winter of discontent.

that could be a good marching slogan for them.

"mad vlad oot 'cos he's absurd... and his son's a richard III"

christ i've put more thought into this protest than the OP.

mad vic oot.

What an odd thread.

Just spent the last half hour trawling through it and have to say I agree. Talk about pi**ing in the wind ! I would be all for major change at the top of our club tomorrow if a viable alternative presented itself, if truth be told I'd take Robinson back in a second. However to get any sort of point across to Romanov (or indeed Csaba about other issues) we would need a far more united support than we currently have. Weight of numbers would be required but there is no likelihood of us pulling in the same direction until things become far more desperate. Personally I think that day will come in the next year or two and believe the hardcore Hearts support will then be galvanised once again but for now rock bottom is still a while away.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

mad vics oot the closet at last.

Sorted that for yer deary.

mad vic oot.

"...and this is our winter of dis-con-tent."

PresidentRomanov
Mmm... I think it's more that we're in an impossible situation, meaning it's going to take an absolute genius idea for us to get behind. Suffice to say, this isn't it.

Is that you throwing your hat in the ring again Shaun, CHARM 2? :stuart:

Charlie-Brown

So just who was Davy Best?

Am surprised crocodile shoes hasn't been on yet urging us to see the 'bigger picture' ;)

Is that you throwing your hat in the ring again Shaun, CHARM 2? :stuart:

See my comment above about ruling myself out! :stuart: Genius ideas are utterly beyond me, I'm afraid... :curtain:

Whether or not you need more clarity from the OP in what his aims are, at least he`s prepared to get the ball rolling....although it may roll a long time....

And if VR says, okay i'm gone, how are we going to pay wages/bills etc after the Celtic game?

What are your plans for getting VR out and for after that, or do you just like to rant, as that i am afraid is what your post above comes across as.

Agree wholeheartedly. I am not a fan of Vlad and see a dark future but until someone offers a viable alternative he's all we got.

Every one is slagging the guy for going on Real Radio but he`s put it on here so everyone knows now.

I sense a bit mockery going on and that surprises me given the mumping and moaning for a long time on here.

Is it squeaky bum time for some? Suddenly, the realisation that an uprising may occur has put people in a position. I may be wrong, but it seems like it.

IF someone wanted to drop a wee fishing line in, then stand back and watch the results, then a thread like this would be a real result I would imagine.

Can someone please answer on question I have about this protest? Who wants to come in and buy the club?

Even that plumber guy hasn't come out in papers saying he wants to buy out Romanov.

With the current financial cilmate, who wants to buy a Scottish football club with the debt we have. There is no point in protesting until we have a proper alternative to Romanov.

Quite right after all whats wrong with 3 wins out of 13? 12 points behind hibs with just over a quarter of the season gone?

Some of the condescending twits on here are more concerned with being grammatically correct, rather than the state of our team!

With the bunch of Financial genius's and English graduates on this board it is a wonder how they have not come up with a master plan (properly written ken!)

Archived