MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

I have been wondering that too from Malky's posts.

Very "experienced" seeming. Led...

I did think that once upon a time in a Galaxy not very far away...but the game's not really all that difficult to pick up on and appear experienced.

To be honest, I think i was some form of Mafia player snobbery that made me think thus.

I also think Malky's post timings have been such that he wouldn't have had time to consult a mentor (I could be completely wrong, of course - that's just the feeling I get. I haven't actually gone as far as to check his post times and the times of the posts he's been replying to).

I actually think he's picked up on the game quick enough but is still (to me) displaying goonish traits. My vote stays where it is.

And Maxi...if you think I'm dodgy, you'd better get your equipment seen to :D

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I've hardly even noticed you tbh.

Ditto. You are my favourite player when I was Moderating. 9 times out of 10 you were right but nobody believed you. But you have been quiet this game.

Ditto. You are my favourite player when I was Moderating. 9 times out of 10 you were right but nobody believed you. But you have been quiet this game.
Because I usually get rounded on early for being outspoken and using logic, you bunch of bullies :mad:. Most folk just don't appreciate good showmanship I guess.

ArmiyaRomanova
Because I usually get rounded on early for being outspoken and using logic, you bunch of bullies :mad:. Most folk just don't appreciate good showmanship I guess.

I hate to say this, but in games where I've been a goon, watching your righteous indignation as the populace turn on you has been greatly amusing - showmanship in itself.

NAMES VOTE UNVOTE VOTE UNVOTE VOTE UNVOTE VOTE

1. Jamie mundo

2. Maxi jamie

3. deek jamie jamie boof boof mundo

4. MedicoHearts mundo mundo boof

5. milky_26 cigaro cigaro stella

6. Beverley yvonne

7. flux unvote flux mundo mundo jamie jamie mundo

8. Bigsmak flux

9. ArmiyaRomanova flux flux mundo

10. Paddy yvonne yvonne cigaro cigaro boof boof mundo

11.MundoJambo flux

12. Pugsy 93 jamie jamie boof boof mundo mundo boof

13. Boof jamie jamie maxi maxi medico

14. Cigaro bev

15. Yvonnejambo bev

16. MalkyMcFrench boof boof boof boof mundo mundo boof

17. Rob1874 stella

18. Stella jamie

19. Commander Harris. flux

20. Hogan3012 flux

Here is the last round up of voting from day1.

The players in black are those who had an active vote on Mundo at deadline, the blues voted for Mundo at some stage but unvoted before deadline. From experience the first lynch usually has at least 1 mafia involved directly. The others either pick a 'safe' target (someone who won't get lynched) or unvote the lynch victim near to the chop so they don't end up with any blood on their hands. Since we're dealing with a small mafia group in a big pond I'm not sure how much we can use past experience but it is pretty much all we have got. I would say it is a pretty safe bet that at least one of the players in black bold are mafia and a good chance one is a blue aswell.

Here is the last round up of voting from day1.

The players in black are those who had an active vote on Mundo at deadline, the blues voted for Mundo at some stage but unvoted before deadline. From experience the first lynch usually has at least 1 mafia involved directly. The others either pick a 'safe' target (someone who won't get lynched) or unvote the lynch victim near to the chop so they don't end up with any blood on their hands. Since we're dealing with a small mafia group in a big pond I'm not sure how much we can use past experience but it is pretty much all we have got. I would say it is a pretty safe bet that at least one of the players in black bold are mafia and a good chance one is a blue aswell.

We already found out from the Doc modkilling paddy that he was the assassin, so he is off the bad guy list.

ArmiyaRomanova

Interesting, so I had a little play about with this to see if anything emerged...

I started from the basis that, covering their arses, only one of the goons actually voted for Mundo - although there could have been two, or even all three. And, of course, one or both could have voted and then dropped their vote.

Bear with me with the following assumption for a moment.... if only one voted for him, then two didn't.

And if this were the case, it'd be two from the following list...

2. Maxi jamie

6. Beverley yvonne

8. Bigsmak flux

14. Cigaro bev

15. Yvonnejambo bev

17. Rob1874 stella

18. Stella jamie

20. Hogan3012 flux

Two out of ten - or a 1 in 5 chance from that list. You in there, goons?

Dunno about you, but ultimately I don't think I've really learned anything much from that little exercise. Worth looking at though.

ArmiyaRomanova
We already found out from the Doc modkilling paddy that he was the assassin, so he is off the bad guy list.

Erm.... Paddy may have gone, but the dubious Assassin hasn't vanished - Doc reassigned the role.

And it's not necessarily a bad role either (if I were the Assassin, I'd be trying to hunt the goons as much as we are, since they could take him/her out overnight.)

Erm.... Paddy may have gone, but the dubious Assassin hasn't vanished - Doc reassigned the role.

And it's not necessarily a bad role either (if I were the Assassin, I'd be trying to hunt the goons as much as we are, since they could take him/her out overnight.)

Oh yeah.:o Is the assasin classed as a good guy or a bad guy though?

Paddy can still be taken off the baddie list though:p

I'm thinking we should only hand out roles to players we know will actively participate.

Unconvinced of the participation of several players, I'll give them time, and so today will not end until 10pm tomorrow night. (I have to wait until I get home from work. I want this game to be quicker, but I need the participation guys!)

I disagree. While it is more fun, you give the game away. It then becomes obvious that active players are roled hence making the game easier which is against the principle. For instance Jamie, I drew his name out the hat as a roled player on several occasions and even though I knew he would ****** it up I never changed his role in the interests of fairness and transparency.

To make the game go quicker you should be ruthless on non voters and lurkers.

ArmiyaRomanova

The Assassin is ultimately out for him/her self, and can win the game outright if they survive.

On balance, as I argued above, they should at least initially be on the good side trying to take out the goons and increase the chances of their own survival.

The assassin according to the Doctor is a loner.

AR is getting closer to receiving my vote with each post...

I'm just trying to make some sense out of the first day and focus on what little evidence there is to draw from. That is the voting. It may not narrow it down much but it narrows it down a bit more than just a random guess. This is the Maxi way. The right way.

Since Paddy is now gone,

I'm saying we could narrow it down to a potential 1 in 4 shot;

AR

Deek

Flux

Jamie

However my hunch is that there is more potential of there being mafia within the the blue 3;

Medico

Malky

Pugsy

Malky has shown the strongest hints of the dark side of those IMO and AR out of the 4 in the other list. IMO the dark forces will try to distance themselves from each other so if I'm following my own logic the 3rd member will be a 'floater', a low profile safe voter.

This is how I arrived at the 3 names top of my suspect list Malky, Boof, AR.

Bottom line is I'm willing to put money on there being at least 1 baddie in both the lists from the last round of voting.

Interesting, so I had a little play about with this to see if anything emerged...

I started from the basis that, covering their arses, only one of the goons actually voted for Mundo - although there could have been two, or even all three. And, of course, one or both could have voted and then dropped their vote.

Bear with me with the following assumption for a moment.... if only one voted for him, then two didn't.

And if this were the case, it'd be two from the following list...

2. Maxi jamie

6. Beverley yvonne

8. Bigsmak flux

14. Cigaro bev

15. Yvonnejambo bev

17. Rob1874 stella

18. Stella jamie

20. Hogan3012 flux

Two out of ten - or a 1 in 5 chance from that list. You in there, goons?

Dunno about you, but ultimately I don't think I've really learned anything much from that little exercise. Worth looking at though.

i only suspect maybe two or three from that list, some of them have not gave me enough of a reason to believe they are a goon

blue players had active vote for boof

Yeah...that's not escaped my attention either.

Get me bumped off on day one (or any other :D) then, when it's revealed I'm a hapless civilian, claim that it was a case of 'Oh well, he looked dodgy, m'lud'. And point out others who'd also voted for me.

Really don't think they're all bad guys but two of them have come under my scrutiny.

You're all hopeless, booo. Oh wait, I'm still alive :eek:

Can we vote someone off already. Malky, AR and Boof look the most dodgy to me. Deek has been a little quiet but then again so have I, I seem to have lost my old swashbuckling enthusiasm after so many early deaths :(.

Anyway I digress, I defo think Malky has an ally for 2 reasons, he deployed the age old first day mafia tactic of voting for the front runner then switching once they look doomed (added to his 4 votes for Boof who I think is his buddy). How many times have we seen the mafia stick a vote on an innocent then change their mind near deadline, there also tends to be a few cases of 'invoting' as a distraction early doors (I've instigated this tactic a few times when I was mafia and it was highly effective, one game in particular springs to mind where it all went tits up in the end :laugh:). The second reason is that hunch, brought about by the fact he seems a bit, overconfident, IMO for one so new to the mafia experience.

Maxi, check my previous reply in regards to my voting patern, the first 4 for Boof can be ignored as it was just joking about in regards to light sabers and his strategem etc. Post 120 I vote MundoJambo for I quote "Hasn't been active on the thread and hasn't been on the site since yesterday morning and as all first round votes are in effect a stab in the dark then might as well vote for someone who isn't playing along." by post 124 a whole 28 minutes later I'd unvoted MundoJambo and voted Boof again because the way he was talking made him appear to be the emperor. In the time I voted and unvoted MUndoJambo wasn't I believe the front runner.

Your secon reason is quite w@nk if I'm being honest, I was off work on Friday so I had more time to get into the game plus reading up on the Weegie game gave me an idea of what was happening. You are voting me for the same reason you give for you getting innocently voted off on previous games, for trying to get involved rather than skulking in the background.

Seeing it is all quiet on the Western front it appears that I have gathered a lot of attention last night and I couldn't defend myself (watching DVD's with the good lady, Wanted and Outpost if you're interested, good but not worth dying over :P).

First of all the comments of my 'experience' or me being 'led', I've read the Weegie game plus descriptions of the Mafia game background on Wiki so I knew coming into it what to expect plus having a day off on Friday helped me get more involved. I'm back at work tomorrow so I'll probably be lesser involved although that decision may be taken out of my hands!

As far as I can see there is nothing strange of Goonish about my voting pattern, from 2.15 pm on Friday I voted Boof and have not changed from that position since. I have not had anybody defend me or try to deflect attention from me whereas after I voted Boof, Cigaro was quick to chirp up that Boof is an experienced player and some of us 'newbies' may misunderstand the point he was making. From the moment I accused Boof he has done nothing to disprove his guilt except mention the Strategem and claim to be a galactic civilian.

His repeated reference of hi strategem also raised alarm bells because if used it will allow the baddies to determine who C3P0 is and can then target them taking away a valuable weapon from the good side. As the Emperor cannot be investigated then they have a 10-15% chance of getting investigated and identified so to me seems like good odds. The reason it raised alarm bells is that in the Weegie game it was mentioned once or twice compared to repeated mentions and detailed description in the first couple of pages alone (a couple of times due to me I admit but he hardly needed any invitation).

Anyway, if you're going to vote me, vote me I'll be proved right in the end so at least I'll be able to sleep tonight. :)

Seeing it is all quiet on the Western front it appears that I have gathered a lot of attention last night and I couldn't defend myself (watching DVD's with the good lady, Wanted and Outpost if you're interested, good but not worth dying over :P).

First of all the comments of my 'experience' or me being 'led', I've read the Weegie game plus descriptions of the Mafia game background on Wiki so I knew coming into it what to expect plus having a day off on Friday helped me get more involved. I'm back at work tomorrow so I'll probably be lesser involved although that decision may be taken out of my hands!

As far as I can see there is nothing strange of Goonish about my voting pattern, from 2.15 pm on Friday I voted Boof and have not changed from that position since. I have not had anybody defend me or try to deflect attention from me whereas after I voted Boof, Cigaro was quick to chirp up that Boof is an experienced player and some of us 'newbies' may misunderstand the point he was making. From the moment I accused Boof he has done nothing to disprove his guilt except mention the Strategem and claim to be a galactic civilian.

His repeated reference of hi strategem also raised alarm bells because if used it will allow the baddies to determine who C3P0 is and can then target them taking away a valuable weapon from the good side. As the Emperor cannot be investigated then they have a 10-15% chance of getting investigated and identified so to me seems like good odds. The reason it raised alarm bells is that in the Weegie game it was mentioned once or twice compared to repeated mentions and detailed description in the first couple of pages alone (a couple of times due to me I admit but he hardly needed any invitation).

Anyway, if you're going to vote me, vote me I'll be proved right in the end so at least I'll be able to sleep tonight. :)

All I did was mention that his strategem was sound. I have no idea of Boofs role, if any.

I am, on the other hand, strangely willing to give you some slack just now. But my eye is on you;)

Vote ArmiyaRomanova

Something isnt sitting right with me.

All I did was mention that his strategem was sound. I have no idea of Boofs role, if any.

I am, on the other hand, strangely willing to give you some slack just now. But my eye is on you;)

Vote ArmiyaRomanova

Something isnt sitting right with me.

I agree. Armiya is not playing his normal game which is making me suspicious. But he may have "good" reason not to be playing in his normal style, so I will hold off voting to see what others think.

I voted Boof again because the way he was talking made him appear to be the emperor.

...which would be a completely nonsensical thing for me to do. There should be enough folk in this game who know what I'm like when I'm a bad guy to realise that it just isn't happening in this game.

I'm a decent-ish player but just couldn't pull off the tactic you're suggesting, even if I'd thought of it!! I don't have the grapefruit-sized cojones of steel that would be necessary :D

If I was one of the bad fellows I'd be aiming for a middling post-count (with maybe one of the gang being more vocal than the others) and basically saying nothing too controversial.

Having said all that, I'm almost wishing I was the Emperor as it would've been some tactic to get away with. :D

Anyhoo...if I could just mention the stratagem once more...it's just occurred to me that, since The Doctor said that using it (on the first night) wouldn't reveal much more than R2's status to the rebels it must be the case that the three empirists now know that whoever precedes them in the game list IS NOT R2D2. A minor blow to the rebel alliance. Which could turn into a major blow as the game progresses :( as that leaves three fewer folk to aim for. Unless we've been lucky(ish) and Boaby Fett has been reassigned to the position after R2. Except...hold on...that's bad news...depending on how The Doctor reveals the investigation information. That would mean R2 and Boaby know each other...meaning Boaby could kill R2 at any time. Hmmm, a position of some strength. He'd have to judge whether it would be more useful to have further investigations or just to get rid of him...a delicate balancing act...glad it's not me :D

However...there IS a plus of using the stratagem and it's not quite such a nightmare scenario even if it does reveal a goon. Basically, if it reveals a goon, they will know that the cop is one of three people. Hmmm sounds not so good, doesn't it? But wait...if the goons go for a night hit on the cop all the townies need to do is look who's been whacked and en masse go for the player immediately after the cop on the game list. An even better scenario is if it's a vanilla townie who gets whacked instead of the cop - remember the goons would only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the cop. So basically it gives the cop a better chance of survival. I'd argue the cop is more important than the doc as the doc's job is a nightmare one trying to guess who'd be targetted.

What is really needed now, if it's to work, is for folk to sign up for it and state whether or not they'd use it if they were R2D2. That won't give anything away.

I've already said that I would.

So there ye go. No doubt there'll be some flaw in this but I can't spot it. Over to those more wary of using this tactic to pick holes in it...

...oh...and ps...have I made things just a teensy bit trickier for the goons?

Good...GIRUY, ye empire biscuit eating bassas :D

The reason it raised alarm bells is that in the Weegie game it was mentioned once or twice compared to repeated mentions and detailed description in the first couple of pages alone (a couple of times due to me I admit but he hardly needed any invitation).

Have you got a link to the Weegie game?...I've a sneaking suspicion I might've been either the cop or a mason, therefore wouldn't have been shouting too loudly about it.

Just loudly enough to get the point across :D

This game, with a few noobs aboard, I thought it would bear explanation.

Apologies if I've bored you senseless with it :D

As far as I can see there is nothing strange of Goonish about my voting pattern

As I said earlier...knowing I'm clean makes anyone voting for me look highly dodgy.

But, apart from the goons, no-one else knows I'm good...and as you've correctly pointed out, with the emperor coming back as 'civilian' when investigated, R2 shouldn't automatically believe I'm good if I'm investigated. Not that I think he would :D

Have you got a link to the Weegie game?...I've a sneaking suspicion I might've been either the cop or a mason, therefore wouldn't have been shouting too loudly about it.

Just loudly enough to get the point across :D

This game, with a few noobs aboard, I thought it would bear explanation.

Apologies if I've bored you senseless with it :D

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27119&highlight=mafia&page=15

Post #571, just an innocent Edinburger Senator.

As I said earlier...knowing I'm clean makes anyone voting for me look highly dodgy.

But, apart from the goons, no-one else knows I'm good...and as you've correctly pointed out, with the emperor coming back as 'civilian' when investigated, R2 shouldn't automatically believe I'm good if I'm investigated. Not that I think he would :D

But, from your posts can you deny the logic in voting for you?

EDIT - Boof just seen your Gettysburg address after replying, you're slowly but surely coming off the radar which effs me up cos I don't know who to vote, I'll stay where I am at the moment and see how the afternoon progresses.

Have just had a look through the thread again, and to be quite honest I don't have a clue who's dodgy. There's a good few people that look a bit suspicious to me, but then that might just be because some of them are new.

Hogan's vote for Flux was a bit strange on the first day.

With him saying there's something dodgy about him - maybe I just can't see what was dodgy at that point. He's also been very quiet since then. Possibly just with it being the weekend, or could he have people telling him to keep quiet so as to avoid suspicion.

Another one I'm unsure of is Rob. For someone who <3 's mafia games he's been very quiet.

Right now I'm most suspicious of Deek though. Some rather odd voting going on close to the deadline at the end of day 1 that nobody really seems to have picked up on. Care to explain?

For now...

Vote Deek

Although I will change it if there's a good explanation for it.

unvote malky

vote AR

I'm going to stick to looking at those 7 who voted for mundo during the first day for now and AR has overtaken Malky in my suspicions.

Sorry been away all weekend so didnt have a chance to post my theorys or change my vote sorry flux. For what its worth i think Boof has a touch of the force about him so vote: Boof

Right now I'm most suspicious of Deek though. Some rather odd voting going on close to the deadline at the end of day 1 that nobody really seems to have picked up on. Care to explain?

For now...

Vote Deek

Although I will change it if there's a good explanation for it.

I did explain in an earlier post. I havent a clue who is good or bad. In the games I hosted it used to annoy the hell out of me when it was a tie as I had to devise a way of tossing a coin which was transparent and fair. It used to take me ages to find 2 neutrals on kickback to sort it out.

So not having a clue and being an acquaintance of The Doctor in real life I decided to annoy him and even things up, which worked. That is the reason for my chopping and changing at the end, which if you look back at you will be able to confirm.

I was having a Turkish. :)

Ok Guys with 337 posts so far here are the posts per player.

Boof 43

ArmiyaRomanova 41

MalkyMcFrench 31

Deek 30

Cigaro 20

flux unvote flux 20

Beverley 15

MedicoHearts 12

milky_26 11

Pugsy 93 11

Maximus 11

stella_jambo 10

yvonnejambo 9

Bigsmak 7

HMFCjamieHMFC 5

mundojambo 3

Rob1874 2

Hogan3012 2

What is happening is what normally happens. The high posters draw attention to themselves and get voted off. Meantime the bad guys hide in the mire. It isent helped in this game due to the cop and doc not taking part during the night.

So I am staying away from the high posters and as I aint got a clue, will go tit for tat and vote Medico. I cant see me changing my mind medico so feel free to keep your vote on me.

Ok Guys with 337 posts so far here are the posts per player.

Boof 43

ArmiyaRomanova 41

MalkyMcFrench 31

Deek 30

Cigaro 20

flux unvote flux 20

Beverley 15

MedicoHearts 12

milky_26 11

Pugsy 93 11

Maximus 11

stella_jambo 10

yvonnejambo 9

Bigsmak 7

HMFCjamieHMFC 5

mundojambo 3

Rob1874 2

Hogan3012 2

What is happening is what normally happens. The high posters draw attention to themselves and get voted off. Meantime the bad guys hide in the mire. It isent helped in this game due to the cop and doc not taking part during the night.

So I am staying away from the high posters and as I aint got a clue, will go tit for tat and vote Medico. I cant see me changing my mind medico so feel free to keep your vote on me.

Only that doesn't really follow your logic of the bad guys hiding in the mire. I would hardly say I was hiding when I've been a lot more active than many others.

I am curious right now as to why Pugsy and Hogan have suddenly decided to vote for Boof with very little explanation.

Depending on if/how they decide to explain themselves I may change my mind yet.

i'm confuzzled now!

not that its hard in these games. i have absolutely no idea who's good or bad, but since the deadline is tonight i'm gonna take a wild guess. there are a couple of people who are definitely acting dodgy and up to something. my guts are always wrong in this game so i'm going back to my old usual of sticking a pin in the list of names

and the name drawn is one of the people i'm suspicious of anyways

vote armiya romanova

I am curious right now as to why Pugsy and Hogan have suddenly decided to vote for Boof with very little explanation.

ooh i missed that.

a little odd to say the least. given there was no investigation last night, its fair to say they won't know him to be bad or good, so wouldn't be able to try and lead us by example if they were good, which leaves only one other reason....

hmm, i'll be looking for an explanation too

deek, you're too bloody clever for me in this game. you always look dodgy to me cos you over explain things that confuse me :cry_smile:

Only that doesn't really follow your logic of the bad guys hiding in the mire. I would hardly say I was hiding when I've been a lot more active than many others.

I decide to vote for boof because, as Deek says, he's drawing as lot of attention towards himself and is looking more suspicious every time he posts imo.

deek i understand why you would say that about the post counts related to the roles of people,

i'm still unsure of who i can trust so will vote later

Deeks just trying to draw attention away from himself.

My post count is low because I've been at my Mum and Dads since Friday evening where I have been drinking to celebrate the old mans 60th. So I'm back now and watching the old star wars on ITV and thinking about how Deek always would breathe in and out like he had smoked for 73 years....

and that black mask he wears!

I'm inclined to go along with you there Medico, my reasons for voting Boof are clear but these votes have come from nowhere and if (big if mind) Boof is innocent it puts me in the firing line as I'd been the most vocal against him

I decide to vote for boof because, as Deek says, he's drawing as lot of attention towards himself and is looking more suspicious every time he posts imo.

What a crock of crap Pugsy!!

Try reading what I've written.

And the rest of you - would you, if you were R2D2, use the oft-mentioned stratagem?

starting to get a little bit more of an idea now. ill leave my vote where it is just now but if there is a lean towards a couple of players i could change my vote and join in. im not saying who incase im accused of leading the charge.

for the record boof i would use you plan, not 100% convinced but, since im just a townie, it dosent really matter.

starting to get a little bit more of an idea now. ill leave my vote where it is just now but if there is a lean towards a couple of players i could change my vote and join in. im not saying who incase im accused of leading the charge.

for the record boof i would use you plan, not 100% convinced but, since im just a townie, it dosent really matter.

A townie?

Sounds like you don't even know that you should be a galactic citizen. Did you not get the pm telling you what you are?

A townie?

Sounds like you don't even know that you should be a galactic citizen. Did you not get the pm telling you what you are?

well im used to the old mafia games, and my star wars jargon is not there.

and no of course i never cos the doctor never sent out pm's to the galactic citizens.

well im used to the old mafia games, and my star wars jargon is not there.

and no of course i never cos the doctor never sent out pm's to the galactic citizens.

Thanks for that.. Was just trying to catch you out.. If you said you had a PM telling you that I was Voting your ass off...

For the record, I am Galactic Citizen and never received a PM.

Archived