MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that.. Was just trying to catch you out.. If you said you had a PM telling you that I was Voting your ass off...

For the record, I am Galactic Citizen and never received a PM.

Yeah and I believe you :)

Thanks for that.. Was just trying to catch you out.. If you said you had a PM telling you that I was Voting your ass off...

For the record, I am Galactic Citizen and never received a PM.

its all good, i figured you were.

Right folks.

Nobody has ome up with a reasonable reason for not using the Boof stratagem i.e. the one where,R2D2 investigates the player immediately following him/her on the player list.

And so far, only two players have stated that they would use it.

What is there to lose...?

Folk who would use it...

1. Jamie

2. Maxi

3. deek

4. MedicoHearts

5. milky_26

6. Beverley

7. flux unvote flux

8. Bigsmak

9. ArmiyaRomanova

10. Paddy

11.MundoJambo

12. Pugsy 93

13. Boof Yes

14. Cigaro

15. Yvonnejambo

16. MalkyMcFrench

17. Rob1874

18. Stella Yes

19. Commander Harris.

20. Hogan3012

Over to you folks...if my clogs do get popped...look to see who's sneaked in and helped me on my way.

For what it's worth, I too am using the old mafia jargon of cop/doc/townie/goon.

Has anybody got a handle on where the voting currently stands?

If my counting is right...

Malky - 3

AR - 3

Boof - 3

Deek - 2

Medico - 1

Flux - 1

Rob - 1

With Milky, Yvonne and Rob still to vote

If my counting is right...

Malky - 3

AR - 3

Boof - 3

Deek - 2

Medico - 1

Flux - 1

Rob - 1

With Milky, Yvonne and Rob still to vote

Squeeky bottom time :)

Unless someone else has voted whilst I've been typing this, that should put the 'leader board' for lynching at....

Armiya - 3

Boof - 3

Deek - 4

Malky - 3

Flux - 1

Medico - 1

Rob1874 - 1

Choose wisely, people.....

Deek now in the lead following Milky's vote

Yvonne has been in touch with me through the medium of SMS and is concerned that she may not get home before the deadline.

As such, she won't be modkilled if she doesn't make it. Call it favouritism, cos that's what it is.

Rob1874 is in danger of getting modkilled, which would be a terrible shame. I don't think he's even posted...

Yvonne has been in touch with me through the medium of SMS and is concerned that she may not get home before the deadline.

As such, she won't be modkilled if she doesn't make it. Call it favouritism, cos that's what it is.

Rob1874 is in danger of getting modkilled, which would be a terrible shame. I don't think he's even posted...

Sounds fair enough to me Doc, she warned on Thursday she'd be away so it's not as if she's leaving anyone hanging on waiting

what time is voting closing?

ArmiyaRomanova

THANK YOU FIREFOX!!!!

By clicking 'back' on my browser I managed to find the post I accidentally deleted/edited over....... the following was written and should have been in place a few posts ago, so the vote counts have changed - and whilst I was writing this, Milky voted for Deek (I didn't know this when I first posted this before 'losing' it).

Sorry, a bit convoluted there, I hope you catch what's happened.

Under two hours to go, and here's the current situation (as I have it)

Armiya - 3

Boof - 3

Malky - 3

Deek - 2

Flux - 1

Medico - 1

Rob1874 - 1

with three players still to vote.

I've attracted a bit of flak - basically for posting a lot and trying to be helpful.

And that flak, as ever, comes in several varieties.

I'm paraphrasing here, but stuff like "he's always dodgy to me", "he's not playing his normal game" and "I get a strange feeling about...." Just don't cut the mustard with me - AND SHOULDN'T WITH ANYONE ELSE.

Step forward DEEK, CIGARO, MAXIMUS and BEVERLEY.

Deek - I'm sure you've played this irritating non-specific accusation stuff against me before in a previous game, and if memory serves, you were a goon then.

I don't currently have anything against Maxi, Cigaro or Beverley, so this will have to do.

It's hard playing the game when you're on your own, and we can't afford to let goons guide us through empty accusations.

UNVOTE : Rob1874 (seems a wasted vote this round)

VOTE : Deek

Unless someone else has voted whilst I've been typing this, that should put the 'leader board' for lynching at....

Armiya - 3

Boof - 3

Deek - 3

Malky - 3

Flux - 1

Medico - 1

Rob1874 - 1

Choose wisely, people.....

what time is voting closing?

10pm

I'm at work just now, doing absolutely nothing mind you, but I want to wait until I get home.

Things could kick off here any second!

ArmiyaRomanova

And with the addition of my vote for Deek, and flux's vote change, it should now look like.....

EDIT : THINK I'VE SCREWED UP WITH MY VOTE COUNT..... AGAIN... back to trawl the thread and check...

clearly not a good evening for me.

your playing a dangerous game AR. if deek is innocent then your making yourself look very dodgy. however if deek is a bud egg you make yourself a target.

that said i hope your right but im not convinced enough to change my vote.

don't tell anyone but i won't keep my vote on him shhhhhhh!

Then why bother changing it?

Sure you're not trying to make sure a certain person doesn't get killed off?

I love this game...

Is Yvonne allowed to put in a phone vote?

I'd have allowed it, but she hasn't been able to read the thread so she felt it wasn't fair.

Boof 4

Deek 4

AR 3

Malky 2

Flux 1

Medico 1

Still no sign of Rob with less than two hours to go.

ArmiyaRomanova
your playing a dangerous game AR. if deek is innocent then your making yourself look very dodgy. however if deek is a bud egg you make yourself a target.

that said i hope your right but im not convinced enough to change my vote.

Yeah, I know....

Felt I had to do something against the unjustified suspicions building against me, and Deek is coming across as the dodgiest at the moment. There's also, of course, an element of self-preservation involved.

If I'm wrong here, I'll take the flak.

If I'm right, I hope the Doc's around tonight and feels I'm worthy of protection.

And if I have to vote for someone I don't really suspect in order to save myself, I'll do so.

flux your as dodgy as the come. strange vote and unvotes and always trying to change the subject with random stuff.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

From the moment I accused Boof he has done nothing to disprove his guilt except mention the Strategem and claim to be a galactic civilian.

What guilt? This imaginary guilt that's in your mind?

You seem to have been pressing that issue quite heavily.

Paradoxically, that decreases your dodginess in my eyes as a real goon would know I'm good therefore wouldn't be too vocal in hounding an innocent for fear of alliance retribution.

But, fair play to you...you've stuck to it so I'm beginning to see you as either a townie or an inexperienced goon.

His repeated reference of hi strategem also raised alarm bells because if used it will allow the baddies to determine who C3P0 is and can then target them taking away a valuable weapon from the good side.

The Doctor has already said that it wouldn't...so what have we got to lose by using it?

Nothing.

In any case, even if R2 could have been identified, had he been whacked it would have left it completely obvious who at least one of the empire dudes was so what chance of them offing R2...?

Not a lot, I'd say.

I'll be likely to be unvoting Malky, but will keep my vote where it is in case I miss 10pm.

Still only two takers for the stratagem...how about you Cigaro...you know it's been used to devastatingly good effect before?

Wish I could find the game it was used thus...

Hmm this is getting interesting now with 3 strong players in AR, Deek and Boof up for the chop early in the game.

Many of the more experienced players will remember previous games where I've been a townie and had a moan about us pursuing a target whose lynching won't reveal any new info (unless they turned out to be roled of course). Well I don't think that is the case here, I think this lynch could blow the game wide open.

Aside from the day 1 lottery, I like to see a lynching that will either get rid of a baddie or bring a juicy piece of information to the table rather than a random lynch or going for a low poster. I certainly think revealing the true roles of any of those 3 could give us a lot of clues. The downiside is we are also going to lose a high poster and an experienced player if it is one of those 3 that go, if they turn out to be good guys that would be a big blow.

At the same I'd also like to follow my hunch about Malky.:(

For now I'll just have a quick look back and decide which departure would be likely to give us the best leads.

unvote AR

for now

I'm tempted to vote for one of the others just to see what AR's game is. From where I'm sitting there are some signs of possible collusion going on in the game and I'm trying to connect the dots. IMO if we get a baddie this round the game could slide away from the dark side's grasp very quickly, it could be a comeplete capitulation. Mind you there are some crafty players involved, so I wouldn't rule out dirty tactics being used by them to con us into following them. Mafia teams have gone as far as sacrificing a team memeber to gain the townie's trust in past games!

And, lo and behold, it's gone all quiet again...I seem to have that effect...:D

If I'm right, I hope the Doc's around tonight and feels I'm worthy of protection.

And if I have to vote for someone I don't really suspect in order to save myself, I'll do so.

I'd be quite the reverse in both instances - better not waste any healing balm on me (plus I find C3PO scary :D)

And, since I've not really got time to look for anyone dodgy and Malky is looking less so, I won't be that much of a miss to the alliance if I do go. Once I'd got that bee in my bonnet about him being dodgy because of voting for me it was a bugger to shift!!

So if I leave my stratagem as a legacy to the town...just frikkin' well use it!!!

But FFS use it subtly and sensibly.

Hour to go, things beginning to get interesting

For what it's worth Boof is looking less and less dodgy as time goes on but as nobody is stepping into the firing line my votes going to stay the same for now - sorry Boof but you're an experienced gamer and I can't tell if you're at it or not.

My mafia mojo is pointing me towards AR being a baddie. Not since uncovering CH in the Easter Bunny game have I felt this sure I'm on to something.

HOWEVER

For now I'm going to call his bluff. If he is so sure then let's see what happens.

vote Deek

No doubt Boof will now end up getting lynched instead :laugh:

Just pondering...who would've been keenest to get rid of Commander Harris...?

Someone with experience, I'd wager...someone who was definitely around during the first night action...Unvote Malky McFrench and Vote Beverley.

Though it could be Deek. Or AR. Or Maxi.....

Just pondering...who would've been keenest to get rid of Commander Harris...?

Someone with experience, I'd wager...someone who was definitely around during the first night action...Unvote Malky McFrench and Vote Beverley.

Though it could be Deek. Or AR. Or Maxi.....

Boof, sorry mate you've just cemented my vote, that vote came too far out of left field because Beverley is in no risk of getting voted out when AR and Deek have been sus and who I would have targeted if I hadn't gone for you. Protecting your Goon mates perhaps?

Im back from the wilds of Aberdeen, time for quick catch up before vote. Deadline 10pm?

Aye

Edit - This games doing wonders for my post count

Archived