MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vadervsluke.jpg

Luke had learned something of the ways of the force, it made him feel powerful, confident, indestructible. It made him careless.

"I don't need Obi Wan Kenobi, Han's just after cash and tail and I have strange feelings for Leia myself", he thought. Luke decided to tackle Vader alone.

Big mistake.

Vader plunged his light sabre deep into Luke's chest, breathing heavily he taunted him, "I was going to put you up for adoption, I was never sure of your paternity, I was going to get a DNA test on Jeremy Kyle, your mother was a tramp".

Luke fought to take his last breath, "Where is Threepio, he could save me", but C3PO was nowhere to be found, even his trusted friend and companion R2D2 had abandoned him.

Commander Harris, Luke Skywalker, the rebel alliance's poster boy was dead.

What a senseless waste of human life, the Rebel's need a break, I'll be throwing them a bone...

Vote:Boof

Still think there is something off, all this talk of using his Strategem is a way to uncover the good guys for them to destroy whilst avoiding detection themselves.

See you in a few hours time to get into FM2009

Nanoo Nanoo

Well that's certainly not the best start!!

So let me get this right...

C3PO didn't protect anybody and R2D2 didn't investigate anyone?

Its going to be a difficult second day with little else to go on then.

May have to go and have a proper look at all the frenzied voting that went on near the deadline last night and see if it casts anything to light.

When have we got until doc?

vote Malky

Based on, a hunch. Not really got a lot to go on to be honest there is just something about his posts that doesn't quite sit right.

Think Boof and AR also may well be dodgy and playing games with our minds. The way Malky voted and unvoted yesterday (if The Doctor's spreadsheet was accurate) seemed a bit odd IMO so that is why I am going for him first.

well, we suck!

nobody investigating, nobody protecting, and we lose one of the good guys on night 1

either the good guys are noobs, or we're donald ducked!

i'm off to read through the thread (especially page 6) and see if i can pick up on anything, but i don't have the best record.

i kinda think maxi might be onto something, as it looks like the only people who contacted the doc was a goon.. so at least one of them would have been on last night. the posting game on page 6 is weird.

hmmm

i'm off to think

I'm with Maxi on this one.

Malky's stuck out like a sore thumb for me - even sorer than Medico now that day 2's kicked off.

He's clearly not Luke, R2 or 3PO.

I've explained how the stratagem works and how its use can be best hidden from the bad guys - if that makes me look guilty, so be it. Who does it suit to have accusations of guilt passed elsewhere...?

The post count 'game' was a complete red herring - I PMed AR yesterday (I do know him in real life!!) when I noticed we were both just about at 3500. It just kinda escalated from there.

I don't know if he's good or bad - he's usually pretty good at hiding whatever he happens to be.

Oops...nearly forgot to say this...Vote "Malky McFrench" - reasons already given.

the only thing AR has in his defence at the moment is i know he has a jedi top in real life cos he wore it to a certain well known posters book launch not too long ago..

still, its not a real one, so who knows!

Commander Harris has a good record in these games when he is roled.

Makes me think that an experienced player bumped him off...

i think you could well be right, although he didn't really give anything away to suggest he had a role.

looking at those who WERE posting last night though, it was a night of experience posting.

i think that page 6 is more significant than we may think

i think you could well be right, although he didn't really give anything away to suggest he had a role.

looking at those who WERE posting last night though, it was a night of experience posting.

i think that page 6 is more significant than we may think

Worth noting that paddy is suspended too...

I think that as Paddy is suspended it's only fair to redistribute his role.

I'll have to modkill him though as if I make him a civilian his role is known.

I'm a bit reticent to do it, the Empire already have a huge advantage, but it's the only way.

Paddy, one time assassin, never fired a shot, dead due to being unable to partcipate, but he becomes the template for a new clone, as Boba Fett dies so his son, Jango's Grandson takes over.

We still have an assassin, they still have three kills.

Grrrrrrr

vote Malky

Based on, a hunch. Not really got a lot to go on to be honest there is just something about his posts that doesn't quite sit right.

Think Boof and AR also may well be dodgy and playing games with our minds. The way Malky voted and unvoted yesterday (if The Doctor's spreadsheet was accurate) seemed a bit odd IMO so that is why I am going for him first.

Maxi, in my defence I'll go through my voting pattern to explain it cos it does look a wee bit dodgy

Vote Boof - Just for the sake of it cos he was quite active in the Weegie game

Unvote Boof - Just cos

Vote Boof - Because he said something negative against Light Sabers :)

Unvote Boof - see below

Vote MundoJambo - He hadn't been active

Unvote MundoJambo - see below

Vote Boof - I have a hunch he is the Emperor

From the looks of it, it is dodgy but the first 2 sets of votes/unvotes were more jokey than having any foundation.

I'm not roled, I'm just a mere Galactic Civilian (Ewok if I have a choice) not threatening just make a lot of noise.

I'm thinking we should only hand out roles to players we know will actively participate.

Unconvinced of the participation of several players, I'll give them time, and so today will not end until 10pm tomorrow night. (I have to wait until I get home from work. I want this game to be quicker, but I need the participation guys!)

ArmiyaRomanova

Awwww, NUTS...

Would have to be the Doc and Cop droids who were inactive, wouldn't it. Not the goonish Empire. Oh no.

And the Assassin's still active too.

Not good news, not good at all.

And no vote from me just yet....

ArmiyaRomanova
I'm thinking we should only hand out roles to players we know will actively participate.

Know what you mean, but that kinda limits the choices.

What might work in future is something in the sign-up thread that ranges between "this will suck away all your available spare time for a fortnight" and "if you can't participate for at least a few minutes every day, don't bother."

Not an ideal start but its always a lottery on the first day.

Still got the suspicion that Boof is the emperor.

Vote : Boof

Know what you mean, but that kinda limits the choices.

What might work in future is something in the sign-up thread that ranges between "this will suck away all your available spare time for a fortnight" and "if you can't participate for at least a few minutes every day, don't bother."

In all fairness in the sign up thread Yvonne was good enough to link previous games so if you'd read that then you'd know what was involved.

I'm on JKB at least once a day usually, more often since this bloody thing started though :)

Just some info for those that are Star Wars newbies - Epidode IV - A New Hope (the first one just to confuse you) is on STV tomorrow afternoon around 4 ish, that should give you a heads up on the characters etc

well thats not good, its looking a little harder now for us to get the goons.

im not the best at spotting dodgy voting patterns but i think that malky seems to be trying a little hard to defend himself when he was pushed.

ill vote MalkyMcFrench just now but its not cast in stone.

Just back online after a day shopping.

Good result for the Hearts, terrible result for us with Luke being voted off.

Will have along think now before deciding my next vote.

Unvote : Boof

Vote : Deek

any reason why?

*ive taken it out of bold so it dosent confuse people counting votes :)

Unvote : Boof

Vote : Deek

random-0025.jpg

I love a newbie who votes without a reason. It looks like somebody may have prompted him. :)

Good result for the Hearts, terrible result for us with Luke being voted off.

I dont think the goons will be low posters for what its worth.

I just has a look at the roles again. The bad guys only have three in their group. If we get one the other two should be easy to find. 17 good guys against 3. We cant fail, can we?:cool:

Looking at these i feel there may be something in this.

It is however more than likely that I will be proven wrong.

unvote MalkyMcFrench

vote flux unvote flux

trying to take the heat of your goon mate are you?

Right am heading to the pub for a pint, ill check back later and see whats happening.

unvote MalkyMcFrench

vote flux unvote flux

trying to take the heat of your goon mate are you?

Right am heading to the pub for a pint, ill check back later and see whats happening.

Are you?

Vote Stella

OK, this is getting just a bit random here -

I can understand Stella initially voting me (he's wrong but I put myself up there to be shot at so there you go) Pugsy voting for Deek makes no sense which in turn made Stella question it Flux put in a joke Vote then unvote for Deek which Stella questioned making him unvote me and vote Flux so Flux voted Stella. Then Bigsmak votes Deek.

Confused? I am! I think we all need to re-read from the start and look for genuine evidence of being a 'Goon' or member of the Dark Side.

I understand I don't look great but if you ignore my silly votes to start with what have I said or done to make me appear to be on the evil side. The only person I have seen to be dodgy in any way is Boof plus Cigaro possibly for defending him nobody else has came out of the woodwork enough to target.

The trouble is that when you know for certain that you're a good guy, anyone voting for you looks as dodgy as all hell!!

Looking at these i feel there may be something in this.

It is however more than likely that I will be proven wrong.

Sorry what have I said which is suspicious?

I have played the game dozens of times. The goons have always been active. They will not be in amongst the low posters. That is fact. If you look back at previous games you will see.

Luke being vote off is terrible. Are you trying to say it is not terrible?

The goons are only three. Which means 17 good guys. I have been the moderator in 4 of the last 6 games. If I had 20 players at least 4 would have been goons, to make sure the game is evenly balanced. 17 to 3 is excellent odds in our favour.

Now come back and explain why my previous posts look in your words "wrong"

I could give you a dozen reasons why others look suspicious, but this is only the second game I have participated in the last year and without prejudice wish to see reasoned argument amongst others. From what you have said there is no reason.

As for you lets look at some of your previous posts.

"I am a newbie to this game and having read through the game about Edinburgh and Glasgow (my game) I am looking forward to it."

" Not an ideal start but its always a lottery on the first day.

So from being a newbie you are an expert in one day.

I was enjoying this game being an innocent maverick until I read your posts but felt you are to much a sharpshooter for me.

The trouble is that when you know for certain that you're a good guy, anyone voting for you looks as dodgy as all hell!!

Ditto.

boof, you say that when you're a good guy everyone looks dodgy, and i agree, but too easy to say.

that said, i'm not sure you're a bad guy or a good ...

but i'm tending to lean towards the page 6 participants for that at the moment, cos i reckon the good guys weren't active last night, simply cos there were no protectors/investigators in touch with the doc.

the only thing i can be sure of right now is myself but there are a few names on my list right now though

Sorry what have I said which is suspicious?

I have played the game dozens of times. The goons have always been active. They will not be in amongst the low posters. That is fact. If you look back at previous games you will see.

Luke being vote off is terrible. Are you trying to say it is not terrible?

The goons are only three. Which means 17 good guys. I have been the moderator in 4 of the last 6 games. If I had 20 players at least 4 would have been goons, to make sure the game is evenly balanced. 17 to 3 is excellent odds in our favour.

Now come back and explain why my previous posts look in your words "wrong"

I could give you a dozen reasons why others look suspicious, but this is only the second game I have participated in the last year and without prejudice wish to see reasoned argument amongst others. From what you have said there is no reason.

As for you lets look at some of your previous posts.

"I am a newbie to this game and having read through the game about Edinburgh and Glasgow (my game) I am looking forward to it."

" Not an ideal start but its always a lottery on the first day.

So from being a newbie you are an expert in one day.

I was enjoying this game being an innocent maverick until I read your posts but felt you are to much a sharpshooter for me.

Relax

Just feel there is something in it that is all.

Having read through a few of the past games I have a slight understanding of what's going on but not entirely sure.

Il stick with my vote just now but may change in due cource.

Relax

Just feel there is something in it that is all.

Having read through a few of the past games I have a slight understanding of what's going on but not entirely sure.

Il stick with my vote just now but may change in due cource.

sounds a bit suss for a bear that can't speak

boof, you say that when you're a good guy everyone looks dodgy, and i agree, but too easy to say.

Not quite, Bevster...I said anyone voting for you(not you as in Bev, but you as in oneself) looks as dodgy as all hell.

that said, i'm not sure you're a bad guy or a good ...

I'm good, but feeble (i.e. no good role).

Durned sure you've not got either of the droidly roles as you'd've definitely done something last night...whether or not you've got any role is yet to be revealed.

I suspect AR's page 6 shenanigans are of the red herring variety, but will keep them in mind if he starts showing up on my Empire-radar.

You're all hopeless, booo. Oh wait, I'm still alive :eek:

Can we vote someone off already. Malky, AR and Boof look the most dodgy to me. Deek has been a little quiet but then again so have I, I seem to have lost my old swashbuckling enthusiasm after so many early deaths :(.

Anyway I digress, I defo think Malky has an ally for 2 reasons, he deployed the age old first day mafia tactic of voting for the front runner then switching once they look doomed (added to his 4 votes for Boof who I think is his buddy). How many times have we seen the mafia stick a vote on an innocent then change their mind near deadline, there also tends to be a few cases of 'invoting' as a distraction early doors (I've instigated this tactic a few times when I was mafia and it was highly effective, one game in particular springs to mind where it all went tits up in the end :laugh:). The second reason is that hunch, brought about by the fact he seems a bit, overconfident, IMO for one so new to the mafia experience.

You're all hopeless, booo. Oh wait, I'm still alive :eek:

Can we vote someone off already. Malky, AR and Boof look the most dodgy to me. Deek has been a little quiet but then again so have I, I seem to have lost my old swashbuckling enthusiasm after so many early deaths :(.

Anyway I digress, I defo think Malky has an ally for 2 reasons, he deployed the age old first day mafia tactic of voting for the front runner then switching once they look doomed (added to his 4 votes for Boof who I think is his buddy). How many times have we seen the mafia stick a vote on an innocent then change their mind near deadline, there also tends to be a few cases of 'invoting' as a distraction early doors (I've instigated this tactic a few times when I was mafia and it was highly effective, one game in particular springs to mind where it all went tits up in the end :laugh:). The second reason is that hunch, brought about by the fact he seems a bit, overconfident, IMO for one so new to the mafia experience.

I have been wondering that too from Malky's posts.

Very "experienced" seeming. Led...

Deek has been a little quiet

Ahem apart from Armiya and Boof playing silly buggers I may well be the highest poster. :P

boof, i wish!

i always get bored when i've got no role, and this is no exception.

i've been wondering about our newby too, but everyone looks bloody dodgy to me :mad:

Archived