MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

howcome it wont let me say ****, **** is a perfectly cromulent word. everyone says ****, its not that bad a word. obviously its bad anought that i would use the word **** to insult somebody, but its not that insulting, if i were to really try to insult him, i'd use a word like ******* or ****, but **** isnt that bad

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I would but I usually get the question formed in my mind halfway through a reply and I canna go back and look at page 1 without the reply disappearing.

And since my replies are well-crafted pieces of literary genius I feel that I'd be doing the game a disservice if I erased them before they saw the light of day.

And then I go for a look at The Terrace and hope that someone will have answered my question by the time I get back :D Or, more accurately, forget that I've asked a question!!

can you point me to an example of this

and Unvote Cigaro

Vote Stella

Playing games are you AR? Trying to quietly plant a suspicion in people's minds on day 1 for no good reason is an old mafia trick used to muddy the waters. It usually works aswell and it's usually me who is on the end of it, I think it was Elvis and you or CH who done that last time, can't remeber. Day 1 is always a lottery so trying to subtly create doubts with no basis is slightly dodgy imo. If you were doing it for a laugh or to liven things up I wouldn't be bothered but it didn't come across that way.

I have no role and I am just observing just now because it's the same every game first day, a stab in the dark and I have gone for Jamie becuase of his track record of not voting or adding much to the game.

i'm offended! i know i've not been posting, i've had a rough couple of days, but spare me the sympathy, i hate star wars too, i dont really, just i have an absolute **** on my course at college who is well into star wars and i cannot stand it because of him. it might seem odd to outsiders, but if you knoew this guy... woof!

VOTE: Flux unvote flux

i noticed he voted for me...****...

up ye flux!

was gonna unvote you but not now!

Admit it...

We know who you are... you might as well admit it now and make it easier for yourself. We know who you are and when we catch you, you'll regret it. You might as well hand yourselves in now! Make it easier.

(the cops try that all the time) ;)

Off out for the evening so I won't be back on until late this evening/tomorrow morning.

As much as I wouldn't have thought he would be silly enough to draw so much attention to himself if he has a role, I can't help but be suspicious of Boof. He now appears to be back-peddling after his insistence that he would come out as civilian if investigated.

Plus he voted for me becuase I asked about the colours of light sabers.

Anyway, Vote Boof

ArmiyaRomanova
Playing games are you AR? Trying to quietly plant a suspicion in people's minds on day 1 for no good reason is an old mafia trick used to muddy the waters. It usually works aswell and it's usually me who is on the end of it, I think it was Elvis and you or CH who done that last time, can't remeber. Day 1 is always a lottery so trying to subtly create doubts with no basis is slightly dodgy imo. If you were doing it for a laugh or to liven things up I wouldn't be bothered but it didn't come across that way.

I have no role and I am just observing just now because it's the same every game first day, a stab in the dark and I have gone for Jamie becuase of his track record of not voting or adding much to the game.

Yup, some gentle cage-rattling going on.... you'll note I also took a wee swipe at Boof to see what his response would be.

Two good players of old that seem to me to be behaving unusually on the first day, so why not.

ArmiyaRomanova

Stock-taking in the run-up to the deadline....

MundoJambo - 4

Boof - 3

Flux - 3

HMFCjamie - 3

Beverley - 2

Stella - 2

Medico - 1

Yvonne - 1

Only Bigsmak hasn't an active vote on.....

Posts so far.

Boof 20

MalkyMcFrench 14

Cigaro 12

Deek 11

milky_26 10

MedicoHearts 10

yvonnejambo 9

Beverley 9

ArmiyaRomanova 9

flux unvote flux 8

paddyhmfc 7

stella_jambo 7

Bigsmak 5

Pugsy 93 5

Commander Harris 4

HMFCjamieHMFC 3

mundojambo 3

Maximus 3

Rob1874 2

Hogan3012 1

Gavsy Van Gaverson 1

I dont think the goons will be low posters for what its worth.

Commander Harris

apologies for my lower than usual post count. I've not been my usual prolific self on kb lately. hopefully I'll pick up my posting soon. (although I'm sure there are others who are thinking the opposite!)

ArmiyaRomanova

Boof and MundoJambo the prime contenders for the chop then...

FWIW, Boof's contributing more to the game, even if he's looking a tad dodgy (to me anyway).

So my vote for MundoJambo's going to stay.

EDIT: Hmmm, now it's Boof and Jamie on 4 following flux' change of vote.

Well it's been a no bad start to the game so far although it seems

that MundoJambo is going to pay the price for a lack of game time despite

all evidence pointing to Boof. Also worth noting Cigaro's defense of Boof

when myself and AR started questioning him. Could they be in cahoots?

Thats a question for R2 and the other good guys to check out, I'm

just waiting on my inevitable chibbing during the night.

Oh well, may the Force be with you all.

Do you like what I've done, brings back the opening credits doesn't it :)

ArmiyaRomanova
deathstar-1.jpg

Erm, Doctor, I've got a different vote count to yours, with Boof and Mundo on 4 apiece.....

Did I miss Bigsmak voting? I've got him down as not having done so yet - so only 19 active votes on.

Erm, Doctor, I've got a different vote count to yours, with Boof and Mundo on 4 apiece.....

I'm inclined to agree, thats what I'm on too :rolleyes:

HMFCjamieHMFC

Did I miss Bigsmak voting? I've got him down as not having done so yet - so only 19 active votes on.

he voted flux on the first page

NAMES VOTE UNVOTE VOTE UNVOTE VOTE UNVOTE VOTE

1. Jamie mundo

2. Maxi jamie

3. deek jamie jamie boof boof mundo

4. MedicoHearts mundo mundo boof

5. milky_26 cigaro cigaro stella

6. Beverley yvonne

7. flux unvote flux mundo mundo jamie jamie mundo

8. Bigsmak flux

9. ArmiyaRomanova flux flux mundo

10. Paddy yvonne yvonne cigaro cigaro boof boof mundo

11.MundoJambo flux

12. Pugsy 93 jamie jamie boof boof mundo mundo boof

13. Boof jamie jamie maxi maxi medico

14. Cigaro bev

15. Yvonnejambo bev

16. MalkyMcFrench boof boof boof boof mundo mundo boof

17. Rob1874 stella

18. Stella jamie

19. Commander Harris. flux

20. Hogan3012 flux

mundo 5

jamie 2

boof 3

stella 2

yvonne 1

flux 4

medico 1

bev 2

My spreadsheet says otherwise...

Bigsmaks vote on Flux from post #32 never changed

ArmiyaRomanova

Ok, looks like my bad....

Certainly I've missed Bigsmak's vote, and probably something else too....

Am off to trawl the thread and rework my spreadsheet.

Apologies....

Listen, I can't get involved. I've got work to do. It's not that I like the Empire; I hate it. But there's nothing I can do about it right now... It's all such a long way from here.

The Galactic Civilians were sick and tired of living under the oppressive Empirical regime. Under the constant fear of arbitrary strangulation from The Emperor's despotic and insane henchman they sought to overthrow, but these were dangerous times and many collaborated. Attitudes like MundoJambo's couldn't tolerated and so he was despatched, sealed in a garbage compactor on the detention level, he was drowned by a weird water snake thing that had no name.

But MundoJambo was no collaborator, he was a simple civilian like the rest, they'd condemned the wrong man.

The forces of good better up their game, the Empire's cloned Stormtroopers mean the days are numbered for the civilians.

Get your PMs in, someone's for the chop unless Threepio can work his magic.

I'd get the scores up if you'd stop changing your minds

Been there, done that!!

Pain in the bahookie time!

Oh, I'm presuming it's okay to post non-accusatory chit-chat during the night time pre-story and result announcement.

Ok, looks like my bad....

Certainly I've missed Bigsmak's vote, and probably something else too....

Am off to trawl the thread and rework my spreadsheet.

Apologies....

No need to apologise, I'd like your help really......

Been there, done that!!

Pain in the bahookie time!

Oh, I'm presuming it's okay to post non-accusatory chit-chat during the night time pre-story and result announcement.

It's all about the banter Boofster!

I'll have a large MacAllan and pint of 80% while I wait for the PMs please.

Commander Harris
It's all about the banter Boofster!

I'll have a large MacAllan and pint of 80% while I wait for the PMs please.

excellent choice, I'll have the same. :)

Erm...

Okaaay.

After a PM and a quick review it seems I've dropped the ball.

Mundo is safe, for now.

We actually have a three way tie between MundoJambo, Boof and Flux.

I'm doing a tie (fighter) break now.

Sorry, this is way hard for my tiny brain.

Does it get easier when the numbers drop?

Okay in an absolutely fair and above board method of determination, involving two of my boys and a random assignation of numbers, names and a replica light saber the person who has come to sticky end remains MundoJambo.

I'm sorry, for everything.

MundoJambo, Galactic Civilian is dead.

ArmiyaRomanova
Okay in an absolutely fair and above board method of determination, involving two of my boys and a random assignation of numbers, names and a replica light saber the person who has come to sticky end remains MundoJambo.

I'm sorry, for everything.

MundoJambo, Galactic Civilian is dead.

Don't sweat it Doc, you're doing a grand job.

That's the busiest first day I can recollect, with plenty of voting and unvoting, capped with some 11th-hour rapid shifting around.

Onwards!!

Shame about MundoJambo, though I think most of us probably realised he was unlikely to be a goon.

Don't sweat it Doc, you're doing a grand job.

That's the busiest first day I can recollect, with plenty of voting and unvoting, capped with some 11th-hour rapid shifting around.

Onwards!!

Shame about MundoJambo, though I think most of us probably realised he was unlikely to be a goon.

Thing is if he'd stayed a bit more active during the latter stages he could easily have saved his own neck.

PS Don't worry about it Doc, I had to run through the thread 3 times before I got the right count, when does the next day start by the way?

ArmiyaRomanova
Thing is if he'd stayed a bit more active during the latter stages he could easily have saved his own neck.

That's almost certainly true...

Ach weel, at least he wasn't a good-roled player.

That's almost certainly true...

Ach weel, at least he wasn't a good-roled player.

True, we still out number the darkside by a fair distance

I was having a ball. I was trying to even up the score, but when The Doctor gave the result I thought I had boobed.

This is great not being The game moderator. :P

Archived