MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away....

starwars.jpg

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

The silly tart's gone and got herself captured already though and it's up to our bold heroes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and crazy old wizard 'Ben' Obi Wan Kenobi to save her.

They're up against The Emperor and his hench men Grand Moff Tarkin and Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader.

In the mix are two friendly droids, these could be the droids you're looking for, C3PO, a talented, if affected, healer with the power to prevent the evil Galactic Empire from their nightly kills.

R2D2 a witty spy who can investigate a player and feed information back to the brave rebels.

Boba Fett, a bounty hunter with three kills to make during the course of the game, he's only out for himself and if he's still standing at the end he'll win. (Nb. He could be a she, I am using he in a generic sense, rather than a specific one, although Fett is male, he could just as well be played by a female)

The game will work like this, during the day you post and vote for the players you suspect to be baddies, thus:

vote The Doctor

you can unvote thus:

unvote The Doctor

should you change your mind.

A majority of votes for a player causes that player to be sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel from which they will never return. At the end of the period of day, if no player has more than required number of votes (half the players left +1) then the player with the highest number of votes gets the chop.

In the event of a tie (fighter) I'll make something up....

At night the baddies will execute someone, possibly with the Death Star, that may be overkill, it may just be that floaty torture device that Leia gets threatened with.

Threepio can nominate a player to receive his special attention, thus saving him.

Artoo can investigate a player, the result of which will be passed the goodies. The Emperor will show up as a civilian.

Fett, should he choose to do so, can throw someone into the pit of Sarlacc, In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years. (This is ironic, Fett is unware of the fate that will await him...) But only three times through the course of the game.

Ben, Luke and Han know each other and can talk off thread.

The Emperor, Tarkin and Vader can do likewise.

No other communication off thread, you speak to me only.

Non posters will receive one warning and then will be frozen in carbonite, where they should be well protected.

Low posters will be warned and could lose their voting rights, if they remain low they'll get fed to the Rancor, just as soon as I can get access to Jabba's palace.

I'll send out roles in the next few minutes.

If you don't get a PM you are but a Galactic Civilian, trying to make your way in the outer rim.

Stand by, post and enjoy.

Oh yeah, MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU.

sorry, force, may the force be with you...

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the same Stella but if you watch Bigsmaks bunny video you will get the jist ;)

Looking good Doctor seems ages since a game

I am the same Stella but if you watch Bigsmaks bunny video you will get the jist ;)

Looking good Doctor seems ages since a game

i did, it helped a little.

but ill just try and hunt down the bad guys, nothing much has changed with that.

for the record, any subtle clues at peoples leanings will go over my head, thats my excuses in early.

ArmiyaRomanova

Just dropped in the Shed having had my fill laughing at the miserable fishwives on the Terrace, and see that we've started.... woo-hoo....

Here's the list of all the players, always good to have it near the top of the thread for reference.....

1. Jamie

2. Mafia Maestro who should never be voted off in the first round ever (who else but Maxi)

3. deek

4. MedicoHearts

5. milky_26

6. Beverley

7. flux unvote flux

8. Bigsmak

9. ArmiyaRomanova

10. Paddy

11.MundoJambo

12. Pugsy 93

13. Boof

14. Cigaro

15. Yvonnejambo

16. MalkyMcFrench

17. Rob1874

18. Stella

19. Commander Harris.

20. Hogan3012

No Wookies or Ewoks, whats going on

At least there is no Jar Jar Binks

I was going to include Chewy, but he's shacked up with Bungle off of Rainbow, they had a civil ceremony, it was lovely...

Knowing absolutely nothing about Star Wars and having read this very quickly, I have to say I'm more than a bit confused at the minute...hopefully it'll all make more sense in the morning!

Should be fun anyway :)

That's all the roles out, so if you didn't get a PM you're a civilian, but don't be despondant, fight with the rebels and root out the Emperialists.

Today will run until Friday at 9pm, to give people a chance to get into it. After that days will be shorter.

Boy, it's lucky you have these compartments.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrghhhhhhhh (Think Wookie!)

Vote: Boof

Dunno why just had an urge and he seems to be one of the most vocal from previous games so might kick something off

hmmm poof you are cigaro

mind must make up and realise truth

actually, thats more grasshopper than yoda!

i can't see me keeping it up

yay! mafia!

cool theme Doctor, I was half expecting you to do a Dr. Who though :P

that woulda been cool, i'd make the best assistant

i always wanted to be leila when i was little, or romano...

so much more cooler than yoda!

hmmm poof you are cigaro

Whit?!

:eek:

Whit?!

:eek:

as good as i actually am, its hard talking like a 2 foot tall, 600 year old, green alien, and i was starting to sound more like an old chinese martial arts expert

i can't keep it up, cos i suck lol

i'm in the Mos Eisley Cantina looking for a drink. where is the barman?

perhaps i can get you something??

cocktail, beer, wine.....

we can wait on boof if you like, but i can always serve up a little tasty beverage

hmmm poof you are cigaro

as good as i actually am, its hard talking like a 2 foot tall, 600 year old, green alien, and i was starting to sound more like an old chinese martial arts expert

i can't keep it up, cos i suck lol

:eek::eek:

Bev, theres no way i can refuse that offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe after a couple we could go back to my spaceship?

only if you promise to be a gentleman

i could never endanger my reputation if you couldn't promise to respect my wishes

only if you promise to be a gentleman

i could never endanger my reputation if you couldn't promise to respect my wishes

i'm always a gent

well anyway going to go as i need sleep

Well I hope to god you two don't end up being Vader and Luke cos that would be quite sick :(

Good morning, I never last long in other peoples games.:mad:

The last game we played was August:eek: so looking forward to this. Shame my nemesis is not playing, old DDLN would have been my random first vote. But in anticipation of non participation

Vote Jamie

Just so I can be the first to see what the reaction is to this in a 'live' game...

VOTE: flux unvote flux

yeah but a wasted vote non the less

yeah but a wasted vote non the less

Because of the really poor argument about not voting for yourself.. I'm going to suspect Flux... If you were innocent then you would be more upset about the vote!

VOTE: Flux unvote flux)

I am sticking with Jamie. Flux will come out with an epic "dont kill me post" and you will all change your mind.

First day kill is always totally random. usually some poor virgin gets the chop.:)

I have no idea what Beverley is babbling about, none of it was in the bunny clip! :) So can all the people who are doing Star Wars speak please put a wee footnote in normal terms for us unstarwarian folks can understand? Thanks in advance.

I will put in a vote tonight see if anyone sticks out by then. I wont be around at the deadline or much of weekend (if at all). :sad:

I am sticking with Jamie. Flux will come out with an epic "dont kill me post" and you will all change your mind.

First day kill is always totally random. usually some poor virgin gets the chop.:)

Ahh thats why its often me then? :o

Gavsy Van Gaverson
that woulda been cool, i'd make the best assistant

i always wanted to be leila when i was little, or romano...

so much more cooler than yoda!

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is cooler than Yoda :P

Sexton Hardcastle

For the record iv never watched an episode/movie of star wars. Im going on the Family Guy special Blue Harvest which was based on said Film.

Unvote Yvonne

For the record iv never watched an episode/movie of star wars. Im going on the Family Guy special Blue Harvest which was based on said Film.

Unvote Yvonne

How could you even get the Family Guy jokes if you aint seen Star Wars..

And why does Yvonne always get voted of first?

PS - This is my 1500 post!

Yippee

How could you even get the Family Guy jokes if you aint seen Star Wars..

And why does Yvonne always get voted of first?

PS - This is my 1500 post!

Yippee

Yeah why? :sad:

Sexton Hardcastle

Acutally i lied. Sorry. When i was in Canada in 2002? there was a film released. On a rugby trip in Toronto in a big "Multiplex". I fell asleep during it and woke up as the credits were rolling.

Family Guy didnt just rely on jokes from the film. In goes of on tangents all over the place. I can grasp the basics of characters etc as its one of the most famous series of films ever made.

Think I've just about grasped whats going on now...maybe.

Not going to have a clue with any of the Star Wars stylee chat though.

Should be about a bit before tomorrow so I'll keep my vote for later, see if anyone starts sticking out before I just inflict it on a random.

Archived