MAFIA: Star Wars

The Doctor

just gettting ready for work and i'm not sure if i'm going for abeer after work or not, so in case i'm not home in time i'm gonna go with my old favourite and vote yvonne.

we're never on the same team and since i'm a plain old jedi with only the force to guide me, i'd urge you all to do the same!

yes, its retaliation voting!

Bored-Baby-1284.jpg

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A long long time ago. in a galaxy that happens to be the one we are in, and when I say long, I mean ages... Think Floods and Ice Ages, Volcanoes and Dinosaurs.... Hibs won the Scottish cup....

Never to happen again

Vote "Cigaro"

because thats a geeky thing to say

Did you know its not actually light?

Light couldnt stop at a point like that, neither could a laser. Its a narrow ring of concentrated energy.

Vote away! :biggrin:

So sabers or sabres??

Let me get this right....the baddies have the red ones, do the goodies get the green ones then? (Bit of a back to front world if you ask me!)

And who gets the purple ones? The goodies or the baddies?

It's sabers.

A Jedi builds his own as part of his (or her) training as a Padawan learner. The colour is dependant on what kind of crystal is used.

Typically the good guys do end up with blue, green or yellow light sabers and Vader's and Count Dooko's were red, but I don't think it has to be the case.

The only Jedi to have a purple light saber was Mace Windu and that was just because he was the coolest Jedi in the galaxy.

Lightsabres are fun :)

Wittering isn't, though...looks like she's got something to hide.

More than likely it'll be something good, but these first days are not much more than a pain in the erse anyway.

We usually end up getting rid of a good 'un :(

As to the Boof stratagem, in case anyone should happen to be wondering what it is...it's a means of the cop letting the masons know his/her identity in a completely above-board, non-cheatery manner. And, played correctly, can be a huge boon to the toon.

All that has to happen is that the cop agrees to investigate the person below them on the team list. That way the cop and masons get the result of the investigation and as a bonus the masons should be able to work out who the cop is.

The only down-side could be that the cop investigates a baddie and, depending on how The Doctor reveals the result of the investigation, the baddies would have a hit-list of three who could be the cop.

Maybe as a tactic, it's run its course...it's use in this game won't affect me, other than to show me up as a Civilian, however as I said, if played cleverly (and maybe luckily!!), it can be a game-winner.

Cue baddies gnashing teeth...:D

More than likely it'll be something good, but these first days are not much more than a pain in the erse anyway.

As to the Boof stratagem, in case anyone should happen to be wondering what it is...it's a means of the cop letting the masons know his/her identity in a completely above-board, non-cheatery manner. And, played correctly, can be a huge boon to the toon.

All that has to happen is that the cop agrees to investigate the person below them on the team list. That way the cop and masons get the result of the investigation and as a bonus the masons should be able to work out who the cop is.

The only down-side could be that the cop investigates a baddie and, depending on how The Doctor reveals the result of the investigation, the baddies would have a hit-list of three who could be the cop.

Maybe as a tactic, it's run its course...it's use in this game won't affect me, other than to show me up as a Civilian, however as I said, if played cleverly (and maybe luckily!!), it can be a game-winner.

Unvote: Boof

Cos every time I do vote him he starts blabbering about his bloody strategem :P

Cos every time I do vote him he starts blabbering about his bloody strategem :P

I didn't give it that name...:P

Anyhoo, anybody worked out yet what the cop/masons/doc etc are called in this incarnation of the game?

Perhaps The Doctor could assist...(hint hint)

I didn't give it that name...:P

Anyhoo, anybody worked out yet what the cop/masons/doc etc are called in this incarnation of the game?

Perhaps The Doctor could assist...(hint hint)

We have three members of the Rebel Alliance, Luke Han and Obi Wan, the force means that should Obi Wan be killed, well, we'll see about that...

We have R2D2, a spy droid, who can investigate the nature of players and who's findings will be passed to the Rebels. If he investigates The Emperor it'll come back as if he's just a civilian though...

Is that clear enough for you Boofster?

Looking at the game so far.

Unvote:Jamie

Unsure who to change to. Mundojambo or Boof.

We shall see.

Vote: Mundo Jambo

Hasn't been active on the thread and hasn't been on the site since yesterday morning and as all first round votes are in effect a stab in the dark then might as well vote for someone who isn't playing along.

MJ as soon as you come on the thread I'll take my vote off as long as you don't say something suspicious

Looking at the game so far.

Unvote:Jamie

Unsure who to change to. Mundojambo or Boof.

We shall see.

Vote for Boof he might tell us some more tales about the Strategem! :P

Nope nothing to hide.

Was just trying to feel more at home in Star Wars world :)

You, however, do seem quite desperate for people to believe you're a civilian right now.

Will leave my vote where it is for now, but only because MundoJambo hasn't been on yet, and its boring having people that don't take part.

You, however, do seem quite desperate for people to believe you're a civilian right now.

Nah, wouldn't've said so.

However, you seem to be wanting to give that impression...

Nope nothing to hide.

Was just trying to feel more at home in Star Wars world :)

Will leave my vote where it is for now, but only because MundoJambo hasn't been on yet, and its boring having people that don't take part.

I think the gentleman doth protest too much

just had a thought, he could be the emperor, if he is investigated it will show he is a civilian due to the 'Force' as per the rules

UNVOTE: MUNDOJAMBO

VOTE: BOOF

You've brought it on yourself, if you are a good guy you're leaving yourself open to attack and taking attention away from potential baddies

But he wouldn't be that obvious as he's experienced at the game, unless he's inviting people to go for him allowing him to deflect it

I'm confused.com

Vote for Boof he might tell us some more tales about the Strategem! :P

You, however, do seem quite desperate for people to believe you're a civilian right now..

I got that impression aswell.

Vote : Boof

"Boof's strategem" is sound, just so the n00bs know.

I have no idea if he is good or bad though. First days a lottery.

What gets me is that he has mentioned a couple of times that if investigated he'll be a civilian as would the emperor.

I know I'm new at this but it is as if he's inviting the investigation rather than the votes to try and pass under the radar. Problem is now I'm inviting unwanted attention. If I am kebab'd during the night at least we'll know I was onto something

What gets me is that he has mentioned a couple of times that if investigated he'll be a civilian as would the emperor.

I know I'm new at this but it is as if he's inviting the investigation rather than the votes to try and pass under the radar. Problem is now I'm inviting unwanted attention. If I am kebab'd during the night at least we'll know I was onto something

Although a civilian wouldnt be bothered about being investigated and vindicated.

Although if he is bad, I'm pretty much screwed now:laugh:

Read back, Boofs strategy gives us a decent shout who is good, if it is used.

ArmiyaRomanova

A couple of things proving interesting to me on this first day.

The first is Boof's overt protestations of innocence - as someone said, if he's The Emperor he'll show up as innocent anyway if the Cop investigates him.

And as far as voting goes, he's been like a fart in a gale.

Not sure what to make of this yet.

The other is Maxi - who's normally an active persona and frequently gets voted off early as a result.

This time, a distinctly low profile, punctuated by

First day is booooooooooring!

Yup, it often is, but typically Maxi tries to make it less so.

Why the change of tack this game?

Because he has a role (could be good or bad, of course)?

Not sure what to make of that yet either.

Ah well, as a civilian, I hadn't even noticed that the emperor comes back as non-baddie when investigated.

And, like most of the experienced players, if I was a bad 'un, I wouldn't be drawing this much attention to myself.

We have three members of the Rebel Alliance, Luke Han and Obi Wan, the force means that should Obi Wan be killed, well, we'll see about that...

We have R2D2, a spy droid, who can investigate the nature of players and who's findings will be passed to the Rebels. If he investigates The Emperor it'll come back as if he's just a civilian though...

Is that clear enough for you Boofster?

Almost, mon ami.

Does that mean

Obi Wan = Godfather

Han = goon

Luke = goon

R2D2 = cop

C3PO = doc

Somebody else is an assassin and we've got 2 masons?

Is that about it Doc?

Almost, mon ami.

Does that mean

Obi Wan = Godfather

Han = goon

Luke = goon

R2D2 = cop

C3PO = doc

Somebody else is an assassin and we've got 2 masons?

Is that about it Doc?

NO!

FFS when were Luke and Han bad guys?

3 goodies, Kenobi, Luke and Han

3 baddies, The Emperor, Vader and Tarkin

1 'Doc', Threepio

1 'Cop', Artoo

1 'Assassin', Fett

I think that's it, but I'm not at home where my list is!

Scores are (I think)

Jamie 3

Mundo 3

Flux 3

Bev 2

Boof 2

Medico 1

Stella 1

Cigaro 1

I make that four players still to vote, but like I said, my work computer doesn't have my spreadsheet, so I'm open to correction, but I'll be checking before the deadline in five hours time!

Scores are (I think)

Jamie 3

Mundo 3

Flux 3

Bev 2

Boof 2

Medico 1

Stella 1

Cigaro 1

I make that four players still to vote, but like I said, my work computer doesn't have my spreadsheet, so I'm open to correction, but I'll be checking before the deadline in five hours time!

Being sad and off work today (didn't use a spreadsheet just the old fashioned way) I have the following

Flux 4

MundoJambo 3 (correction to my earlier post hasn't been on since Wed morning so doesn't even know if he's a character or that the game's started)

Boof 2

Beverley 2

Jamie 2

Medico 1

Cigaro 1

Yvonne 1

Stella 1

Paddy, MundoJambo and Stella still to vote

Being sad and off work today (didn't use a spreadsheet just the old fashioned way) I have the following

Flux 4

MundoJambo 3 (correction to my earlier post hasn't been on since Wed morning so doesn't even know if he's a character or that the game's started)

Boof 3

Beverley 2

Jamie 2

Medico 1

Cigaro 1

Yvonne 1

Stella 1

MundoJambo and Stella still to vote

Updated

NO!

FFS when were Luke and Han bad guys?

3 goodies, Kenobi, Luke and Han

Well...I did wonder at that...

So what roles do the goodies have?

Whilst nowhere hear as confusing as Heroes mafia...do they have any specific role in common with conventional Mafia games...e.g. masonic-ness?

Sexton Hardcastle

Sorry. Its all flooding back to me know.

..If only it was the one pint i had.

Unvote Boof

Vote Mundo - Only as he hasnt posted yet.

ArmiyaRomanova
Yes, you did.

And a packet of pork scratchings...

Bribery will get you nowhere.

I'm really struggling to believe that you hadn't figured out the difference between good guys and bad guys in the game.

Very unlike you not to be on top of things.

Desperately back-pedalling, trying to play the innocent? It won't wash.

Mindful of our epic and hugely enjoyable tussle at the end of the last game, though, I'll give you the benefit of my doubt for now.

ArmiyaRomanova

I'm going to take the easy option by voting for someone whose non-participation is probably going to lead to him/her being modkilled anyway.

UNVOTE : flux unvote flux

VOTE : MundoJambo

Well...I did wonder at that...

So what roles do the goodies have?

Whilst nowhere hear as confusing as Heroes mafia...do they have any specific role in common with conventional Mafia games...e.g. masonic-ness?

They are in communication with each other and there may be a twist, Obi Wan Kenobi is a powerful Jedi.

I can't believe you've not watched the film...

They are in communication with each other and there may be a twist, Obi Wan Kenobi is a powerful Jedi.

I can't believe you've not watched the film...

Okay...nearly there...so do they get the result of R2's investigation?

Yeah, I know it looks like I've put my foot in it emperor-accusingly-wise, but if I can ask the questions so that the roled goodies don't need to at least I'll have played some small role.

I'm slightly hesitant to push the stratagem too hard as, one of these times, it's gonna be too much of a help for the goons. But as I'm not one of them, or a roled goodie, whatever happens as a result of it isn't going to affect me that much.

Surely, it's believable that, if I was the emperor, I wouldn't be making such a Horlicks of the game so far!!

And finally...of course I've seen the film...many times. And the rest of the series as well.

Indeed, was it not myself who modded the Star Wars-ly entitled Mafia4 - A New Hope?

Okay...nearly there...so do they get the result of R2's investigation?

Yeah, I know it looks like I've put my foot in it emperor-accusingly-wise, but if I can ask the questions so that the roled goodies don't need to at least I'll have played some small role.

I'm slightly hesitant to push the stratagem too hard as, one of these times, it's gonna be too much of a help for the goons. But as I'm not one of them, or a roled goodie, whatever happens as a result of it isn't going to affect me that much.

Surely, it's believable that, if I was the emperor, I wouldn't be making such a Horlicks of the game so far!!

And finally...of course I've seen the film...many times. And the rest of the series as well.

Indeed, was it not myself who modded the Star Wars-ly entitled Mafia4 - A New Hope?

Aye they do, check the first post Senator Palpatine :)

Emperor_thumb.jpg

Just in from work and see we have the normal first day shenanigans. Vote unvote vote unvote, I love it but it is a moderators nightmare. ;)

I will wait and see what the commander is up to as he changes his votes constantly, but normally gets his man or woman at the end of the day.:rolleyes:

i'm offended! i know i've not been posting, i've had a rough couple of days, but spare me the sympathy, i hate star wars too, i dont really, just i have an absolute **** on my course at college who is well into star wars and i cannot stand it because of him. it might seem odd to outsiders, but if you knoew this guy... woof!

VOTE: Flux unvote flux

i noticed he voted for me...****...

up ye flux!

Aye they do, check the first post Senator Palpatine :)

Well I would but I usually get the question formed in my mind halfway through a reply and I canna go back and look at page 1 without the reply disappearing.

And since my replies are well-crafted pieces of literary genius I feel that I'd be doing the game a disservice if I erased them before they saw the light of day.

And then I go for a look at The Terrace and hope that someone will have answered my question by the time I get back :D Or, more accurately, forget that I've asked a question!!

i'm offended! i know i've not been posting, i've had a rough couple of days, but spare me the sympathy, i hate star wars too, i dont really, just i have an absolute **** on my course at college who is well into star wars and i cannot stand it because of him. it might seem odd to outsiders, but if you knoew this guy... woof!

VOTE: Flux unvote flux

i noticed he voted for me...****...

up ye flux!

you need to bold your vote to make it count

Archived