Doctor FinnBarr

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Yes it was mate might have been slightly more.I moved in with her earlier in year.We have been together for 10 years, so she has been dealing with the bills.

And she was a week late with the readings so it's about a qtr that will come off next bill.

It's the daily charge x2 that I'm finding very annoying.

How can they justify charging twice for one supply.

Going by the usage money everyone's in a similar boat from asking around.

Yeah two supplies is the kicker but bet they have an explanation.  You probably need to get to one supply via one supplier as you indicated.

Advice would be draft the complaint but get your energy advisor mate to proof read it first as they may help you to frame the questions more accurately to get the supplier into a corner.  No need to rush if the problem is ongoing, deep breathes and cool Heidi😃  We all tend to rant when we all complain and things get easily batted away😃👍

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Nucky Thompson

• joondalupjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah two supplies is the kicker but bet they have an explanation.  You probably need to get to one supply via one supplier as you indicated.

Advice would be draft the complaint but get your energy advisor mate to proof read it first as they may help you to frame the questions more accurately to get the supplier into a corner.  No need to rush if the problem is ongoing, deep breathes and cool Heidi😃  We all tend to rant when we all complain and things get easily batted away😃👍

Good advice partner 👍

Unknown user
20 hours ago, jonesy said:

The independence-supporting folk on kickback would, having had the chips on their shoulders removed, just fly off into the sky. It'd be like the fecking rapture, only instead of god-squadders, a bunch of angry men with bus passes and free prescriptions would be doing the ascending.

Ironically, you appear to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about those independence supporting folk!

I don't get you, you voted Yes, but you're now so irritated by strangers on the internet you're not sure any more? In fact, you frequently slag the independence movement and only ever seem to see the sins of one side.

I'm thinking your soft yes is a soft, brown yes!

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't get you, you voted Yes, but you're now so irritated by strangers on the internet you're not sure any more?

You can't help but admire that level of pettiness, though. Keep up the good work, jonesy. 👍

2 hours ago, Ked said:

2 bed flat mate.

Apparently only Scottish Power can deal with the 2 meters.

So we have been paying for what amounts to 2 different supplies.

It about cancels out any saving on off peak use.

As I said what is really nippy is I went with a so called green company.

Good Energy.

I'm going to get in touch tomorrow. 

Give them a chance to sort it.

If not I'm going to ombudsman calculating the payments for the daily charge and withholding payment.

They can't take action if there's a case pending with ombudsman.

That along with emails to my local representatives in council,parliaments etc.

It cannot be right that you pay twice just for one supply.

I spoke to an energy advisor who thinks I've a case.

Hoping that the threat of ombudsman might see me get some discount.

Because if I were to get some action on the double tap they might be looking at repaying a lot more than just me.

But tonight I'm going to try and not get to nipped.

😄

I'm with SSE and have night store heaters and have two meters.

Just now, inspector said:

Haven't noticed but will check. 

Let me know because it seems Scottish Power are the only ones who can deal with it.

Cheers bud

Just now, Ked said:

Let me know because it seems Scottish Power are the only ones who can deal with it.

Cheers bud

Forgive me. I've only got one combined meter which covers both day and night rates, hadn't had a good look before. Sorry for misleading you

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is it 2 daily charges you're talking about?

Aye mate.

Everyone pays that .It's per meter.

But because you have an off peak meter and on peak I'm being charged twice.

Scottish Power seems to be the only one who doesn't.

14 minutes ago, inspector said:

Forgive me. I've only got one combined meter which covers both day and night rates, hadn't had a good look before. Sorry for misleading you

It should still have a button that tells you different reading for night and day .

Your bill will tell you.

That thing you do

My wife and I did a full MOT on our finances:

Income

Expenses

Expected savings/year

Rainy Day/unecpected Bills allocation

Turns out we spend 41% of monthly income in total, which is more than I thought.

Built a model in excel to edit every month.

Boring, but we now know more...

The UK government and it's media attack dogs, telling everyone that the strikers are putting people out of business. No Rishi energy bills will put companies out of business. 

It's actually pointless making energy unaffordable, cost one day no-one will buy it. And the country will be fecked when everyone just sits in all their clothes, doing nothing. 

Get things fair in this country PM. You allos find money for big business and banks, find it for us and the folk on strike. 

Oh, furlough was a necessity, not some gift, otherwise we'd have shoved your lockdown up yer arse.

Oh, oh and it's not your fecking money, it's taxpayers. So feck up.

Edited by ri Alban

Aye, and I remember you telling Scotland furlough would end and no extension would be given. Then London kicked off again and hey presto, furlough was extended. 

And Scotland couldn't use the army, but England could. Now we have the Army crossing pocket lines, driving ambulances. 

joondalupjambo
7 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Income

Expenses

Expected savings/year

Turns out we spend 41% of monthly income in total, which is more than I thought.

If you want to go full on Tonto you can add in all your assets and view your total worth😃😃 It is worth knowing as a benchmark for any possible future remortgaging or finance restructuring.

If you have 59% of your disposable income then think you are in a good place I would have thought.  Nice one 👍

Jambof3tornado
On 04/01/2023 at 23:42, That thing you do said:

Income

Expenses

Expected savings/year

Wow. Love to know how you get by only spending 41% of your income.

I thought we were doing ok at 70%!!!!

JudyJudyJudy

£2.40  for 6 eggs out of Sainsbury.  " happy" eggs too.  Maybe change them to " unhappy" ffs

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wow. Love to know how you get by only spending 41% of your income.

I thought we were doing ok at 70%!!!!

So basically this is some of it. We are trying to be FIRE (Financially Independent, Retire Early) and so try to be somewhat frugal.

1. Car: We dont lease the latest model, we bought a 2018 Hyundai Tuscon and spend 0 in car payments (was bought with golden goodbye from last job)

2. Gas and Electric in Mexico is around 20 Quid a month each, saving a good 90% on the UK

3. Supermarket. In Mexico, everyone gets a proportion of Salary in "Vales", these are credits that sit on a card that you can use for food and essentials. We get 50 Quid a month in vales and so can subsidise our food by 50%

4. Petrol: Here is 1GBP a litre and we use 1 tank every two weeks, so max 120 Quid to fill the car

5. Mandatory Bonuses: I have to get Profit Share %, a holiday bonus (prima vacacional) and two mandated payments at Christmas, which adds up to 10k GBP in mandatory extras (Which is separated into a rainy day fund)

6. Own Business/Side Hustles: I have my own business which brought in about 9k in its first year, not alot but a nice bit extra, and its still in the business, its not drawn out. I also invest and trade in Crypto and while thats down, I sold enough to buy a new bathroom and kitchen after tax before it collapsed (no not FTX!!). I still have coins Ive not sold and Ive bought more ready for the next bull run in about 2024. Im also building a YT channel for my business and another about life in Mexico. My nephew does the editing so all I do is collect footage and send it to him. Hopefully both going live in February. So some expenses setting this up. Im also developing a podcast with some guys in Glasgow around The Metaverse, SMART Scotland. We start recording this month. Due to time difference I get up 3 or 4am and do Scotland related things and then 9-3 I ensure all my meetings at work fit (which they do as I work with a Uk Company), then 3-5 Mexico time I do emails for the business, meet my business partner and possibly videos for YT and then I hit the sack about 8.45pm and rinse and repeat. Sometimes its very quiet other times its manic.

7. We dont really buy expensive clothes or goods so we save there as well.

8. Rental Property: We are going to buy an apartment in Merida, which is a holiday destination and rent it out to cover the mortgage, which will give us passive income in the future. Not counted here though.

9. Monthly Budget: My wife and I at the start of the year decide what we want to try and save that year and then what we need to have each month to get that - expenses and rainy day fund. We then check each month how well on track we are. We are not bean counters, we spend when we fell we need or want to, but if we spend more than target in January, we save a bit in Feb/March to counter it. Its not sexy, but it helps make sure you hit your goals. Its all noted on a spreadsheet.

Expenses

Basically our top two are mortgage and eating out/take aways, plus setting aside around 7k in rainy day money (the bonuses basically) which for example is paying rewiring our garage, adding a water pump and solar panels.

Plus the usual NetFlix, Sky etc (Sky is about 38 GBP here with Sky Black inc Sports)

We also pay for a cleaner once a week (50 GBP)  and and about 150GBP for the equivalent of council tax which includes rubbish, gardener, water and maintenance of the communal pool.

Anyway, it all shakes out to about 41% of Income goes on expenses/is not available to spend.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

£2.40  for 6 eggs out of Sainsbury.  " happy" eggs too.  Maybe change them to " unhappy" ffs

Are these the eggs😳 or maybe Fabergédownload.jpeg.3f11287a8bdeb8a9e3678fbaddfac788.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

henrysmithsgloves
On 05/01/2023 at 04:23, ri Alban said:

Aye, and I remember you telling Scotland furlough would end and no extension would be given. Then London kicked off again and hey presto, furlough was extended. 

And Scotland couldn't use the army, but England could. Now we have the Army crossing pocket lines, driving ambulances. 

Being ex army,I would take my chances on the bus...nothing is squaddie proof🤣

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

So basically this is some of it. We are trying to be FIRE (Financially Independent, Retire Early) and so try to be somewhat frugal.

1. Car: We dont lease the latest model, we bought a 2018 Hyundai Tuscon and spend 0 in car payments (was bought with golden goodbye from last job)

2. Gas and Electric in Mexico is around 20 Quid a month each, saving a good 90% on the UK

3. Supermarket. In Mexico, everyone gets a proportion of Salary in "Vales", these are credits that sit on a card that you can use for food and essentials. We get 50 Quid a month in vales and so can subsidise our food by 50%

4. Petrol: Here is 1GBP a litre and we use 1 tank every two weeks, so max 120 Quid to fill the car

5. Mandatory Bonuses: I have to get Profit Share %, a holiday bonus (prima vacacional) and two mandated payments at Christmas, which adds up to 10k GBP in mandatory extras (Which is separated into a rainy day fund)

6. Own Business/Side Hustles: I have my own business which brought in about 9k in its first year, not alot but a nice bit extra, and its still in the business, its not drawn out. I also invest and trade in Crypto and while thats down, I sold enough to buy a new bathroom and kitchen after tax before it collapsed (no not FTX!!). I still have coins Ive not sold and Ive bought more ready for the next bull run in about 2024. Im also building a YT channel for my business and another about life in Mexico. My nephew does the editing so all I do is collect footage and send it to him. Hopefully both going live in February. So some expenses setting this up. Im also developing a podcast with some guys in Glasgow around The Metaverse, SMART Scotland. We start recording this month. Due to time difference I get up 3 or 4am and do Scotland related things and then 9-3 I ensure all my meetings at work fit (which they do as I work with a Uk Company), then 3-5 Mexico time I do emails for the business, meet my business partner and possibly videos for YT and then I hit the sack about 8.45pm and rinse and repeat. Sometimes its very quiet other times its manic.

8. Rental Property: We are going to buy an apartment in Merida, which is a holiday destination and rent it out to cover the mortgage, which will give us passive income in the future. Not counted here though.

9. Monthly Budget: My wife and I at the start of the year decide what we want to try and save that year and then what we need to have each month to get that - expenses and rainy day fund. We then check each month how well on track we are. We are not bean counters, we spend when we fell we need or want to, but if we spend more than target in January, we save a bit in Feb/March to counter it. Its not sexy, but it helps make sure you hit your goals. Its all noted on a spreadsheet.

Expenses

Basically our top two are mortgage and eating out/take aways, plus setting aside around 7k in rainy day money (the bonuses basically) which for example is paying rewiring our garage, adding a water pump and solar panels.

Plus the usual NetFlix, Sky etc (Sky is about 38 GBP here with Sky Black inc Sports)

We also pay for a cleaner once a week (50 GBP)  and and about 150GBP for the equivalent of council tax which includes rubbish, gardener, water and maintenance of the communal pool.

Anyway, it all shakes out to about 41% of Income goes on expenses/is not available to spend.

Love the old colonial style centre of Merida.

1.40 in Aldi .

Free range large bud.

2 for a dozen 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ked said:

1.40 in Aldi .

Free range large bud.

2 for a dozen 

must remember that thanks 

That thing you do
15 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Love the old colonial style centre of Merida.

Yep its a great wee City in general 20 mins from Beaches, Cenotes etc.

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Are these the eggs😳 or maybe Fabergédownload.jpeg.3f11287a8bdeb8a9e3678fbaddfac788.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

I know.  I needed them so just bought them,. Ill need to budget more effectively in other shops.  They really are taking the piss now. Its shocking really.

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know.  I needed them so just bought them,. Ill need to budget more effectively in other shops.  They really are taking the piss now. Its shocking really.

BBC News - Tory MP Brendan Clarke-Smith defends 'learn how to budget' remarks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64187046

Give this guy a call he will help you out😂

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

A think a Tory guys weekly budget it probably very different from mine 😂

But, but, but the disposable income amount might be 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Being ex army,I would take my chances on the bus...nothing is squaddie proof🤣

:D A family member said the same.

henrysmithsgloves

🤣🤣 I've seen myself walking/driving a fair distance,rather than pay them out of principal. Plus I'm a stubborn sod,as the Mrs reminds me😁

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Expenses

I didnt realise you lived abroad mate!!!

Retiring early is something I'd love to do. Current state pension age is 68!!!! I cannot keep doing my job until I'm 68!!

Unknown user
On 06/01/2023 at 20:23, Jambof3tornado said:

I didnt realise you lived abroad mate!!!

Retiring early is something I'd love to do. Current state pension age is 68!!!! I cannot keep doing my job until I'm 68!!

Aye, easy to see the guys who raised the retirement age to 68 have never worked on a site through January.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye, easy to see the guys who raised the retirement age to 68 have never worked on a site through January.

In Stoke.

Since 2019 MPs have earned £17.1m on second jobs. £15.2m by Tories, £1.2m Labour. And 2/3rds has been earned by only 20 MPs.  Cost of living? 

How did they earn such money during Covid? Nurses and Doctors didn't earn all that. 

Edited by ri Alban

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Articulate and has actual ideas for how to fix things. Good post!

He has his own YouTube channel (GarysEconomics). He's very good. 

Tynecastle_Park
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

EEF486C8-4ABE-40CA-B963-A3DE41DCEAF2.jpeg

🥱🥱🥱🥱

Honestly, I'm so fed up of people bullying and targetting the poor and vulnerable for something that is not their fault. 

There could be a number of reasons: beer was a present

The person is an alcoholic who physically needs alcohol to live

One person in the residence works

The person shares a flat 

Literally a million reasons. Ignorant fools like you who bully and pick on people worse off the you need to get a grip. Always the same. 

1 hour ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

🥱🥱🥱🥱

Honestly, I'm so fed up of people bullying and targetting the poor and vulnerable for something that is not their fault. 

There could be a number of reasons: beer was a present

The person is an alcoholic who physically needs alcohol to live

One person in the residence works

The person shares a flat 

Literally a million reasons. Ignorant fools like you who bully and pick on people worse off the you need to get a grip. Always the same.

Well said

• 2 weeks later...