• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Nucky Thompson

• joondalupjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

There are a number of ways used to measure a nation’s wealth. This Junta has spent the last 12 years using GDP as its measure and continually told us we’re 5th in the world.  Not more Tory spin surely?

Whatever measure one wishes to use, my original point remains perfectly valid. Given the relative wealth of the U.K. it is an utter disgrace many of our citizens face freezing to death this winter. I wonder what the ‘Excess Death’’ figures will look like over winter?

Broken Britain.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Ireland are third? And people think Scotland would be dugshite.

Nope, that's what you want to portray but not the case.

If Scotland became independent, my life wouldn't change that much from what it is just now. I'd be worse off but as I'm relatively soon, I'd be an ideal candidate for the handout society SNP promotes.

Downsides 

I believe I'd be worse off financially and country would struggle to get through next decade or so without major economic implosion as the stark reality of borrowing would become apparent.

Begging to return to EU. The EU wouldn't give us deal we had and we be negotiating from a position of weakness.

Benefits

Well, we would be free of English oppression (main reason according to nationalists on here).

Summation of my opinion - 

comparing us to a country that has been independent for over 100 years, has suffered greatly in recent years and leans heavily on EU to survive is daft as we won't be a member for years, even if we voted to go back in. 

I don't believe the promised nirvana of the SNP can or will be achieved and we will hobble along, blaming previous governments for Scotland's issues, even 50 years from now. Sadly, the SNP followers will clap madly along and continue to vote these people in, despite their obvious failings.

Show me a concrete plan that sets out Scotland's position for next 20 years, economically proven and verified by a neutral party, and I'll consider changing opinion. Presently, I do not trust the SNP leadership as far as I can throw them. Neither do I trust present Westminster government, but using that as a reason to vote for independence is jumping from frying pan into fire.

Others may disagree, and will, but it's what I believe. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If Scotland became independent, my life wouldn't change that much from what it is just now. I'd be worse off but as I'm relatively soon, I'd be an ideal candidate for the handout society SNP promotes.

Downsides 

I believe I'd be worse off financially and country would struggle to get through next decade or so without major economic implosion as the stark reality of borrowing would become apparent.

Begging to return to EU. The EU wouldn't give us deal we had and we be negotiating from a position of weakness.

Benefits

Well, we would be free of English oppression (main reason according to nationalists on here).

comparing us to a country that has been independent for over 100 years, has suffered greatly in recent years and leans heavily on EU to survive is daft as we won't be a member for years, even if we voted to go back in. 

I don't believe the promised nirvana of the SNP can or will be achieved and we will hobble along, blaming previous governments for Scotland's issues, even 50 years from now. Sadly, the SNP followers will clap madly along and continue to vote these people in, despite their obvious failings.

Show me a concrete plan that sets out Scotland's position for next 20 years, economically proven and verified by a neutral party, and I'll consider changing opinion. Presently, I do not trust the SNP leadership as far as I can throw them. Neither do I trust present Westminster government, but using that as a reason to vote for independence is jumping from frying pan into fire.

Show me a concrete plan that sets out the UK's position for next 20 years, economically proven and verified by a neutral party, and I'll consider changing my opinion. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

I DEMAND A COMPLETE AND ACCURATE PREDICITION OF THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM OVER THE NEXT 20 YEARS OR I'M VOTING NO

:gok:

Great contribution and typical of response. They have had almost 10 years to produce a plan and have failed to do so.

You can laugh all you want but it's one of main reasons it will fail.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great contribution and typical of response. They have had almost 10 years to produce a plan and have failed to do so.

You can laugh all you want but it's one of main reasons it will fail.

The UK Government has had almost 10 years to show us how staying in the Union is financially beneficial for us, but have failed to do so.

Malinga the Swinga
52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Show me a concrete plan that sets out the UK's position for next 20 years, economically proven and verified by a neutral party, and I'll consider changing my opinion. 

I'll give it a reply whereas normally I have you on ignore.

You are the one wanting to change status quo. It's up to you to show what changes will look like.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'll give it a reply whereas normally I have you on ignore.

You are the one wanting to change status quo. It's up to you to show what changes will look like.

You're talking about changing people's opinions and what it would take to change yours.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous that stance is, in case anyone else is reading along and nodding.

The UK is on a major slide, has been for a while, and refusing to take that into account is stupid.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

The drive to be green at all costs should surprise no-one. The green fanatics don't give a **** if it ruins families, as long as they can feel good about themselves.

Meanwhile in China, pollution continues unabated.

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The UK Government has had almost 10 years to show us how staying in the Union is financially beneficial for us, but have failed to do so.

To be fair they've had 300 years to sell the benefits. 

Rees-Mogg said Brexit benefits will be 50 years in the making so not long to wait in that context. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The drive to be green at all costs should surprise no-one. The green fanatics don't give a **** if it ruins families, as long as they can feel good about themselves.

Your should read the article, the problem is the incompatible meters installed which meant they couldn't move to other suppliers on cheaper tariffs without paying for an electrician.

henrysmithsgloves
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Only thing I can summarise is the council must get a kick back by being eco green.

henrysmithsgloves
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Your should read the article, the problem is the incompatible meters installed which meant they couldn't move to other suppliers on cheaper tariffs without paying for an electrician.

There's a lot more to it,you can have heating or a bath/ shower but not both at the same time. The heating does not heat the home. My daughter kept her dual fuel after a long and complicated battle with the council. She is the only one in her street that doesn't have problems with dampness/ frozen windows,plus her bills just now are about £45 a week all in. Now the council in their wisdom after chucking a fortune trying to repair dampness etc. are now throwing millions at Scottish gas to get a mains supply to various villages,let alone fitting gas central heating in affected homes.

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

There's a lot more to it,you can have heating or a bath/ shower but not both at the same time. The heating does not heat the home. My daughter kept her dual fuel after a long and complicated battle with the council. She is the only one in her street that doesn't have problems with dampness/ frozen windows,plus her bills just now are about £45 a week all in. Now the council in their wisdom after chucking a fortune trying to repair dampness etc. are now throwing millions at Scottish gas to get a mains supply to various villages,let alone fitting gas central heating in affected homes.

I'm in the falkirk council area these days myself, all the houses in my block of 4 struggle with black mould and draughty windows, which were meant to be replaced a year ago but lack of funds made them postpone. 

Tbh what you say doesn't surprise me at all, councils are struggling and it's not likely to be getting better soon.

But although I can't blame them for trying it, there were all sorts of funds and incentives available and there's no way they thought it would be turn out to bliw up in their face, I agree you can't let them off the hook for not getting it sorted.

2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I dread to think what it's like just now, and how am I not surprised at all to see, extortionate bills and Scottish Power pretty much in the same sentence.

If SP were the only energy suppier in the World I'd be using candles as I will never ever touch those lying bunch of crooks.

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Downsides 

Benefits

Here it goes. 😁😁😁

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm in the falkirk council area these days myself, all the houses in my block of 4 struggle with black mould and draughty windows, which were meant to be replaced a year ago but lack of funds made them postpone. 

Tbh what you say doesn't surprise me at all, councils are struggling and it's not likely to be getting better soon.

But although I can't blame them for trying it, there were all sorts of funds and incentives available and there's no way they thought it would be turn out to bliw up in their face, I agree you can't let them off the hook for not getting it sorted.

My gran lived on bridgeness road in a four in a block,she had no problems with damp until the council put gas central heating in replacing her old coal fire 😳

• 3 weeks later...
The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Better than the nothing I'll get. I only work part time, earn minimum wage and didn't qualify for the cost of living payments. 

That's pretty shite. 

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Better than the nothing I'll get. I only work part time, earn minimum wage and didn't qualify for the cost of living payments. 

That’s not good . 

Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s not good . 

Nope. It's definitely been a struggle since covid came on the scene. Worked full time since i left college before that. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope. It's definitely been a struggle since covid came on the scene. Worked full time since i left college before that. 

I know someone who worked part time and they got col money ? However they may have got working tax credit ? 

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know someone who worked part time and they got col money ? However they may have got working tax credit ? 

Yeah, i don't qualify for any extra money, apparently. Tough shite! 😂 😂 😂 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i don't qualify for any extra money, apparently. Tough shite! 😂 😂 😂 

Damn 

Shooter McGavin
5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Prices still going up though :vrface:

Rocket and feather economics.

There is absolutely no need for the price rises at this point, but we’re stuck in a country where the regulators are bullied by the large corporations and their shareholders, and the government are in bed with them.

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

The independence-supporting folk on kickback would, having had the chips on their shoulders removed, just fly off into the sky. It'd be like the fecking rapture, only instead of god-squadders, a bunch of angry men with bus passes and free prescriptions would be doing the ascending.

Chips on shoulders? What a load of pish. But it's you, good old Jocksey, so I don't expect anything else. The fraud of JKB. 

6 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't know why anyone wouldn't vote for independence now, we're in some state, what's the worst that can happen?

Seriously, you don't know. Flutemooths, and they'd need to start working for living. They like their handouts too much. 

We'll be shot of them(traitors) soon enough. Whether voluntary or by force. They don't get to stay and cause grief. Ended? 

We'll bring in EU citizens and refugees who want all want to work and build Scotland. Our resources will be ours for ours. 

The HJs will be welcome by their Overlords, after a trip to Rwanda.

Edited by ri Alban

If Scotland were independent, we wouldn't be paying these extortionate prices. Fact. The heaters would be on full blast 24/7 all winter.

Imagine giving your neighbour all your stuff and buying it back for 4 times the price. Don't imagine, the HJs helped for it to happen.

Edited by ri Alban

Time the young team took this place by horns. CoL, The environment, Gender ID.

It's there future, they need to do something good about it . And with a promise on pensions set in stone. When you retire you lose your vote.

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

The independence-supporting folk on kickback would, having had the chips on their shoulders removed, just fly off into the sky. It'd be like the fecking rapture, only instead of god-squadders, a bunch of angry men with bus passes and free prescriptions would be doing the ascending.

😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously, you don't know. Flutemooths, and they'd need to start working for living. They like their handouts too much. 

We'll be shot of them(traitors) soon enough. Whether voluntary or by force. They don't get to stay and cause grief. Ended? 

We'll bring in EU citizens and refugees who want all want to work and build Scotland. Our resources will be ours for ours. 

The HJs will be welcome by their Overlords, after a trip to Rwanda.

07EAA079-CB46-461B-9AB7-C94431450FD9.gif

On 14/12/2022 at 12:44, ri Alban said:

Ireland are third? And people think Scotland would be dugshite.

GDP per head of population in Ireland is well over twice that of the UK...They don't even have oil either!

20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

GDP per head of population in Ireland is well over twice that of the UK...They don't even have oil either!

Scotland would be too much competition for rUK and Ireland if we were independent outside full EU membership. Tho an all Ireland would bridge the gap and put Ireland bigger than Scotland.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't know why anyone wouldn't vote for independence now, we're in some state, what's the worst that can happen?

Even i might vote for it, hate being ripped off, as you say some state, how some folk can feed their 

bairns is beyond me.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Plenty tatties though😳

I just got my energy bill through for 1 month.

470 quid.😫😫

Bit of civil disobedience from my bit I can tell you .

Absolutely astonished at my unit rate.

Also just realised they're charging for two meters as have the white meter leccy storage .

I'm ignoring it today.

But I'm on the fekin phone tomorrow.

And withholding payment of the double tap on daily charges that goes back .

Looked online and the only company that deals with the night time storage is Scottish Power and I wouldn't give them the steam of my piss.

Needs a poll tax type non payment strike from Joe public but until then I'm starting my 1 man crusade.

😫😫😫😫

See the other nippy thing about it is I went with a company that supposedly uses its power from renewable and has a environmental ethos.

Yet there's little cost benefit to using power off peak.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry for the rant 

joondalupjambo

And so it begins. BBC reporting that the good news, due to reduced power usage and high gas storage is that utility bills will drop to 2800 in the summer.  I am sure less than a year ago I was paying just shy of 1000.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

That's a hefty bill. What size of house are you heating?

I've got two storage heaters with Scottish Power and, although I don't like them, the price seems fair-ish. Run the washing machine and dishwasher overnight, too, plus tablets and phones get charged at bedtime. Works out quite well.

2 bed flat mate.

Apparently only Scottish Power can deal with the 2 meters.

So we have been paying for what amounts to 2 different supplies.

It about cancels out any saving on off peak use.

As I said what is really nippy is I went with a so called green company.

Good Energy.

I'm going to get in touch tomorrow. 

Give them a chance to sort it.

If not I'm going to ombudsman calculating the payments for the daily charge and withholding payment.

They can't take action if there's a case pending with ombudsman.

That along with emails to my local representatives in council,parliaments etc.

It cannot be right that you pay twice just for one supply.

I spoke to an energy advisor who thinks I've a case.

Hoping that the threat of ombudsman might see me get some discount.

Because if I were to get some action on the double tap they might be looking at repaying a lot more than just me.

But tonight I'm going to try and not get to nipped.

😄

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

And so it begins. BBC reporting that the good news, due to reduced power usage and high gas storage is that utility bills will drop to 2800 in the summer.  I am sure less than a year ago I was paying just shy of 1000.

I was raging at paying 1200.

Currently it's over double.

Where's ma pitchfork

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

I was raging at paying 1200.

Currently it's over double.

Where's ma pitchfork

So was that 1200 for the same place you are now, the flat you mention above with two supplies? If so when complaining make sure you go back in time.  You should have complained sooner I think if you feel you had a case.  Maybe you did?

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

So was that 1200 for the same place you are now, the flat you mention above with two supplies? If so when complaining make sure you go back in time.  You should have complained sooner I think if you feel you had a case.  Maybe you did?

Yes it was mate might have been slightly more.I moved in with her earlier in year.We have been together for 10 years, so she has been dealing with the bills.

And she was a week late with the readings so it's about a qtr that will come off next bill.

It's the daily charge x2 that I'm finding very annoying.

How can they justify charging twice for one supply.

Going by the usage money everyone's in a similar boat from asking around.