Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Nucky Thompson

• joondalupjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

joondalupjambo
On 30/01/2023 at 17:08, Tynecastle_Park said:

🥱🥱🥱🥱

Honestly, I'm so fed up of people bullying and targetting the poor and vulnerable for something that is not their fault. 

There could be a number of reasons: beer was a present

The person is an alcoholic who physically needs alcohol to live

One person in the residence works

The person shares a flat 

Literally a million reasons. Ignorant fools like you who bully and pick on people worse off the you need to get a grip. Always the same. 

Empty cardboard box being used for numerous reasons.

On 09/02/2023 at 04:22, Angel eyes said:

Every little helps……..C151-B60-C-4-DED-4139-9910-42869-FD92101

I saw that today and briefly thought about buying it.

I then thought about the possible consequences of my actions.

5 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Empty cardboard box being used for numerous reasons.

Empty booze boxes ain't the strongest, thick flimsy card and glue, not ideal for storage. if there's a decent draft at that door, it'll keep the booze cool...:thumbsup:

joondalupjambo
37 minutes ago, OBE said:

Empty booze boxes ain't the strongest, thick flimsy card and glue, not ideal for storage. if there's a decent draft at that door, it'll keep the booze cool...:thumbsup:

Sorry meant to confirm in more detail because this particular box at the person's door is for storing bricks 🙂

not went to the supermarket since late november last year i have been living off takeaways and restaraunts for this period and i went down the other night and prices are a disgrace dont know how people are surviving this on lower incomes

Oh it's easy...you just take Government Minister's advice, ask your boss for a pay rise, get a 2nd job and buy shops' own brand food.

Job done, according to these pricks.

• 1 month later...
Nucky Thompson

Anyway the cost of crude oil has plummeted to $70 a barrel, plus the wholesale price difference between petrol and diesel is now only 1.5p.

Why aren't forecourts passing it on to drivers?

skinnybob72
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Anyway the cost of crude oil has plummeted to $70 a barrel, plus the wholesale price difference between petrol and diesel is now only 1.5p.

Greed. Prices at the pump - for petrol anyway - haven’t changed in about 6 weeks. 

Weakened Offender
46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Tories. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Destroyed :rofl:

It was more the story of the wee old woman. The Tory is just your usual run of the mill Tory c&#t.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tories. 

How would the Tories benefit from forecourts ripping off joe public?

It's more to do with greed. Supermarkets raising their margins from 6p per litre to 19p 

Weakened Offender
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

How would the Tories benefit from forecourts ripping off joe public?

It's more to do with greed. Supermarkets raising their margins from 6p per litre to 19p 

Take a day off, FFS 😀

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Because petrol is not crude oil. Lots of different market dynamics. 

6 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Leccy Bill in Mexico for 2 months

$381 MXP

thats £12.60

😀

20230319_171821~2.jpg

Still :locke:keep em coming...👏

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Leccy Bill in Mexico for 2 months

$381 MXP

thats £12.60

😀

20230319_171821~2.jpg

You can pay that with 5 minutes worth of the crypto profit that you haven't bragged about. 👍

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Peebo said:

Because petrol is not crude oil. Lots of different market dynamics. 

I know that, but taking in all the other costs, the RAC says petrol should be 20p a litre cheaper

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know that, but taking in all the other costs, the RAC says petrol should be 20p a litre cheaper

Party donations and seats on the board, after you've absolutely rinsed every possible penny out of your parliamentary career, don't come cheap.

It's a period of ripping the hole out the customer at the moment (in just about every sector, not just energy) and they are all making hay while the sun shines. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Tories still rent free in empty heids

Glorious

:greggy:

I see you're still drinking on an empty heid.

A responsible Government could ease all of this with the stroke of a pen.

But this lot won't.

Because they're neoliberal, free-market, anti-regulatory, ideologically-driven extremists.

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I see you're still drinking on an empty heid.

Don’t drink much mate I’ve seen the embarrassment of drunks on here 

I will make an exception on May 6th though 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Don’t drink much mate I’ve seen the embarrassment of drunks on here 

I will make an exception on May 6th though 

Dementia the musical in Cumbernauld???

doctor jambo
4 hours ago, Cade said:

A responsible Government could ease all of this with the stroke of a pen.

But this lot won't.

Because they're neoliberal, free-market, anti-regulatory, ideologically-driven extremists.

They need to cut interest rates .

they are trying to take heat out of an economy that is not overheated.

It’s causing undue pain for mortgage payers and the banking sector is now teetering .

They wouldn’t cut them for us plebs, but just might to save the banks

their behaviour is idiotic and was never going to work

15 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Inflation figs for February come out tomorrow. I’ll go for CPI at 9.7%.

10.4%

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

10.4%

Another excuse to hike up the interest rate to help boost the bank’s coffers. Clearly, interest rate rises are not working. 

27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Another excuse to hike up the interest rate to help boost the bank’s coffers. Clearly, interest rate rises are not working. 

I’ve said before they are a one trick pony and they can’t continue to put up interest rates up when people are already badly struggling. 

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’ve said before they are a one trick pony and they can’t continue to put up interest rates up when people are already badly struggling. 

Exactly, its the greedy profiteering companies that are ripping the arse out of the economy. Powers utilities, supermarkets, mobile networks, fuel companies etc. that need reigned in. 

A few of my food producing customers are struggling now as their costs have risen (raw materials, electricity, wages etc.) but the supermarkets are refusing to pay them any more, but it's the same supermarkets who have hiked up their prices to us by 20% plus.

Piss taking bassas.

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly, its the greedy profiteering companies that are ripping the arse out of the economy. Powers utilities, supermarkets, mobile networks, fuel companies etc. that need reigned in. 

A few of my food producing customers are struggling now as their costs have risen (raw materials, electricity, wages etc.) but the supermarkets are refusing to pay them any more, but it's the same supermarkets who have hiked up their prices to us by 20% plus.

Piss taking bassas.

Supermarkets are the worst. They are squeezing suppliers to keep their prices down but ramping up prices in store. 

On 20/03/2023 at 17:36, skinnybob72 said:

Greed. Prices at the pump - for petrol anyway - haven’t changed in about 6 weeks. 

The price of fuel in Edinburgh compared to other areas is pretty crazy and can only be linked to Edinburgh, a bit like London, being a micro economy of its own where its deemed that they can charge more and get away with it.  

1 hour ago, jamb0_1874 said:

The price of fuel in Edinburgh compared to other areas is pretty crazy and can only be linked to Edinburgh, a bit like London, being a micro economy of its own where its deemed that they can charge more and get away with it.  

Agree. Petrol in my part of the Highlands(Easter Ross) is 5p/litre cheaper

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

It's a vicious circle, prices of almost everything are higher in the cities, meaning people want higher wages for working in the cities, this then leads to higher prices in the cities, and round and round we go.

We couldn't believe the cost of fuel in Edinburgh compared to the Borders, even Harrison's of Peebles was cheaper than in Edinburgh and that is really saying something.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Supermarkets are the worst. They are squeezing suppliers to keep their prices down but ramping up prices in store. 

Taking the piss. Nothing is up 10%. More like 40-60%. Pure exploration.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Got unleaded in Peterhead last Tuesday at 141.9

Tesco Bathgate are selling at that price too.

ArcticJambo
3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Tesco Bathgate are selling at that price too.

The Peternhead price was Morrisons. I travel a fair amount out and about up the east coast, into the borders and throughout east central scotland, and Edinburgh is consistently a few points over the rest, generally speaking.

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

The Peternhead price was Morrisons. I travel a fair amount out and about up the east coast, into the borders and throughout east central scotland, and Edinburgh is consistently a few points over the rest, generally speaking.

Can remember maybe 40 years ago now that petrol stations in cities were always much cheaper than in the sticks.

On 21/03/2023 at 13:17, Pans Jambo said:

Dementia the musical in Cumbernauld???

I'm not sure if cheesy town/city marketing slogans are still a thing ... you know; 'Glasgow's miles better' (with its wee smiles better smiley), or the banal 'Count Me Ed(IN)burgh', but by far the best was:-

'What's it Called? Cumbernauld'

They even had telly adverts.