• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Nucky Thompson

• joondalupjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I put it in the freezer and take it out as I need it.

It defrosts really quickly or 15 seconds in the microwave if you want it instantly.

I've done that for years

I don't have a microwave myself, but I would if I did

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The truth hurts.

:greggy:

No really bud, it just gets boring.

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Also, keep bread in the fridge. You can buy bread on it's last day at a big discount, and it'll still last ages 

Smithee at last a guy that knows.  Being doing this for decades.  You either use it for toast or defrost to use as sandwiches on the day.  I cannot believe that it has taken the CofL problems to work that one out for some folk👍

Edited by joondalupjambo

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I put it in the freezer and take it out as I need it.

It defrosts really quickly or 15 seconds in the microwave if you want it instantly.

I've done that for years

Same here, if it's only for toast I just put it straight in the toaster, only takes a minute or two longer, the rest 15 secs or so in the microwave.

My old man was a baker, so our freezer was often full of bread, rolls, pies, buns, about the only thing you couldn't freeze was fresh cream cakes, near enough everything else was fair game.

joondalupjambo

FFS give it a rest :lol:

It does suits certain political parties because they know that bigger corporate profits mean bigger prizes.  Bigger share dividends, more corporation tax, bigger amounts into pension pots,bigger political party donations and so on.  It is an ideological move.  Other parties would make other political decisions for other business related outcomes.  Or do you think all political parties would do exactly the same under these difficult conditions at the moment?

Greedy Jambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Also, keep bread in the fridge. You can buy bread on it's last day at a big discount, and it'll still last ages 

Hovis medium white lasts ages in the cupboard, I'll buy it on a Saturday and it's still good until Thursday.

I'm not sure why it keeps so much longer than anything else. 

31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Same here, if it's only for toast I just put it straight in the toaster, only takes a minute or two longer, the rest 15 secs or so in the microwave.

My old man was a baker, so our freezer was often full of bread, rolls, pies, buns, about the only thing you couldn't freeze was fresh cream cakes, near enough everything else was fair game.

Can you freeze the othe cream in a bun, the scooshy stuff?

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

It does suits certain political parties because they know that bigger corporate profits mean bigger prizes.  Bigger share dividends, more corporation tax, bigger amounts into pension pots,bigger political party donations and so on.  It is an ideological move.  Other parties would make other political decisions for other business related outcomes.  Or do you think all political parties would do exactly the same under these difficult conditions at the moment?

I'm not that politically minded, so don't know.

Would any political party be able to dictate what Supermarkets charge for things?

If there was anything they could do then surely they would.

Why would they want to alienate potential voters?

joondalupjambo
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not that politically minded, so don't know.

Would any political party be able to dictate what Supermarkets charge for things?

If there was anything they could do then surely they would.

Why would they want to alienate potential voters?

👍👍

We have a Minister who is responsible for regulating the markets.  Ms Coffey.  Think she is away on holiday 😄😄

You are right why alienate the masses?  I just cannot get my head round other than for the reasons I noted above.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No really bud, it just gets boring.

Boring.:lol:

That’s a bit rich coming from you.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Boring.:lol:

That’s a bit rich coming from you.

The truth hurts

About 30k of your 30.4k posts are just emojis agreeing with folk 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:spoton:

The Cost of Living doesn't even effect you, bud, ive seen how many watches you own. 

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The truth hurts

57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The truth hurts

:rofl:
Dearie me .

You’ve been busy.

Had a bad day mate.

You’re usually quite pleasant.

:thumbsup:

:runaway: 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ulysses said:

:thumbsup:

:runaway: 

:laugh2:

The Jazz Emu
4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Please don’t assume my gender, hen. 

So says the ‘person’ that called me Nicole.

The Jazz Emu
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's the first name of the author in your avatar. Your username is also the author's middle initial and last name. Dem's da fax, babe :)

Anyway, back to the cost of living...

Diesel much cheaper in the borders than in Edinburgh. The difference between the wee independent guy in Town Yetholm near Morebattle was about 10p/litre.

Thank you.

I didn’t realise that my girl was so well kent.

I like you Mr/Mrs Jones.  You’re nice.

Doctor FinnBarr
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's the first name of the author in your avatar. Your username is also the author's middle initial and last name. Dem's da fax, babe :)

Anyway, back to the cost of living...

Diesel much cheaper in the borders than in Edinburgh. The difference between the wee independent guy in Town Yetholm near Morebattle was about 10p/litre.

Petrol in Bathgate (Boghall) down to £1.39 now. Tesco will follow soon.

Doctor FinnBarr
19 minutes ago, C Moon said:

Thank you.

I didn’t realise that my girl was so well kent.

I like you Mr/Mrs Jones.  You’re nice.

Its just sooo wrong to assume gender, Mr/Mrs Jones could be an "it", might be a toaster for all I know.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm back to drinking Westons Old Rosie cider now, £6.80 for a flagon which hasn't moved a penny since minimum pricing was brought in however many years ago.

The beers I like, La Chouffe increased from £2 to £2..25 in January and is now £2.50 and Franziskaner increased from £1.75 to £2.25 recently, oddly enough Tesco, Asda and Scotmid all increased by the same amount on the same day. Hmmmm

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The truth hurts

He spent a year thumbing another poster who lapped it up 

:cornette_dog:

Jambo-Jimbo
17 hours ago, tightrope said:

Can you freeze the othe cream in a bun, the scooshy stuff?

Don't see why not, google it.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 hours ago, OBE said:

Opec+ Oil producers cutting production by 1 mill barrels a day...📈

With the sole purpose to push up oil prices, which in turn boosts their profits and pushes up the price of just about everything which every one of us buys.

29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

With the sole purpose to push up oil prices, which in turn boosts their profits and pushes up the price of just about everything which every one of us buys.

Aramco (Saudi Arabia) only made $161 billion profit last year. 

Harry Potter
58 minutes ago, OBE said:

gutted for them, NOT, beyond a joke, while im here my car insurance has gone

up over 100 pounds extra for the year, phone call soon be binned if i dont get 

a result. 

Edited by Harry Potter

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, OBE said:

And it's obviously still not enough for them, hence why they don't want the price of oil to decrease.

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

gutted for them, NOT, beyond a joke, while im here my car insurance has gone

up over 100 pounds extra for the year, phone call soon be binned if i dont get 

a result. 

Yeh, ours also went up just over £90, in the end changed it, got a better policy with Aviva for near enough what I was paying Quote Me Happy last year.  

I show no loyalty to any of them nowadays.

With their billions, Baku and the Gulf states are making the sand dunes pretty for the rest of the world to come and play. Seen a couple of tourist adverts for Saudi...free mocktails for the best sand castle...:wink: 

Which is just another good reason to switch to renewables and nuclear, to break free from the fossil fuel cartels.

Never mind the environmental effects, it's a national security issue these days.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Which is just another good reason to switch to renewables and nuclear, to break free from the fossil fuel cartels.

Never mind the environmental effects, it's a national security issue these days.

The alarm bells were sounded in 1973 when OAPEC introduced an oil embargo on countries which supported Israel during the Yom Kippur war.

The West were warned back then but didn't learn from it.

joondalupjambo

Just been in Edinburgh for a feed days break.  How do local, ordinary low paid folk survive living here all the time?  Some of the prices are shocking. And to make it worse not similar for similar items with huge differences in pricing.  A lot of businesses at it for sure.  

The Jazz Emu
On 02/04/2023 at 23:41, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Its just sooo wrong to assume gender, Mr/Mrs Jones could be an "it", might be a toaster for all I know.

I think he is a nice toaster.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Just been in Edinburgh for a feed days break.  How do local, ordinary low paid folk survive living here all the time?  Some of the prices are shocking. And to make it worse not similar for similar items with huge differences in pricing.  A lot of businesses at it for sure.  

Imagine being on universal credit with just over £4k a year to survive on.

periodictabledancer
28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's a lot worse than the government think it is, either that or they don't give a shit. 

Both. 

If you strip out the bollocks that goes into the RPI and add in the cost of mortgage rises, the real inflation rate for most people is simply unaffordable. 

Feckin glad I'm mortgage free and child free (almost). 

Nucky Thompson
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

Imagine being on universal credit with just over £4k a year to survive on.

You'll need to get a couple of kids with a junkie bint, get full custody and then you'll be minted.

A mate gets that much, he's decided he now doesn't need to work a couple of shifts a week cash in hand.

No bad for some

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You'll need to get a couple of kids with a junkie bint, get full custody and then you'll be minted.

A mate gets that much, he's decided he now doesn't need to work a couple of shifts a week cash in hand.

No bad for some

Got a pal who has sole custody of two kids. He’s in a right state financially to the point I had to throw him some cash just so he didn’t have to starve himself to feed his kids. He is using food banks as well. 

Not sure wtf your mate is getting but from what I have seen it isn’t the norm. 

Fwiw he is in this situation after his wife died from cancer and he had to quit his job to look after the kids due to no child care. 

They were comfortable before. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Got a pal who has sole custody of two kids. He’s in a right state financially to the point I had to throw him some cash just so he didn’t have to starve himself to feed his kids. He is using food banks as well. 

Fwiw he is in this situation after his wife died from cancer and he had to quit his job to look after the kids due to no child care. 

That’s brutal especially in this day and age.

I hope things workout positively for him and his kids.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s brutal especially in this day and age.

I hope things workout positively for him and his kids.

It is brutal. He is understandably suffering depression and pretty much living a day to day existence. No future planning, no ability to change his current situation by working until the the youngest goes to nursery full

time next year. By that point he will be able to hopefully get back to some semblance of  comfort by working. 

This nonsense spewed that people

on benefits are somehow living some sort of grandiose life above those who work is dangerously false. It is a tactic spewed by the middle class and rich to keep the attention on the poor and away from their greedy wealth accumulation and tax dodging. 

Sickens me watching working class folk perpetuate this myth. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

north wales jambo
28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Proper respect, your a top mate doing that. Just how many knockdowns can some people have. 

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is brutal. He is understandably suffering depression and pretty much living a day to day existence. No future planning, no ability to change his current situation by working until the the youngest goes to nursery full

time next year. By that point he will be able to hopefully get back to some semblance of  comfort by working. 

This nonsense spewed that people

on benefits are somehow living some sort of grandiose life above those who work is dangerously false. It is a tactic spewed by the middle class and rich to keep the attention on the poor and away from their greedy wealth accumulation and tax dodging. 

Sickens me watching working class folk perpetuate this myth. 

nae good

there is some places u can help such as welfare fund from ur local council or the eat well £30 vouchers i also understand there are charities that can give £50 towards energy if yours is about to run out.