Doctor FinnBarr

10 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

You've punched in the numbers wrongly you fat fingered Paisley twat.

A household with 2 earners on 20 grand a pop will be 2-3 grand better off than a household with a singe earner on 43 grand.

That's a lot of chicken suppers and blue face paint you'd be losing out on.

Just a guess. Still hell of a lot more for the single person to live off of. Is it not. Maybe get a face transplant and they might get a bird, instead of going to the tarts in oxgang and some sti cream.

👍

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Nucky Thompson

• joondalupjambo

• JudyJudyJudy

I'm sure your account could put in some extra mileage etc... to save you a few grand. 

I'll quote your favourite mps @Dirk McTarkin and @hmfcbilly if you don't like it, GTF. I'm sure your fellow Real Brits will welcome you with open razors(sorry my bad, that would be me), I mean arms.

Edited by ri Alban

How much a year more does the couple spend on food, drink , fuel, energy, and most probably children cause they can, unlike the , going by the posts selfish 43 grand virgin. 

Single person on 43 grand living in a wee flat with mortgage, cause they'd more likely get one, with credit cards, cause they'd more likely get them, compared to a couple on 20 grand each with children, paying top dollar for private rent, cause there's no council houses to live in. 

No you're right, the poor soul on 43+grand is well hung out of. I'm glad me, masel and i reduced my hours to 4 and 5 days, because the Saturday would push me over. Feck doing price work, then I'd really need to fork out a few bob. Fecking SNP :yadayada: Get the poor to feed/cloth/take care of their own kids. 

Please never fall on hard times, the monsters who greet about a couple a bob extra, no seriously don't. Especially if you have kids. 

Oh, don't forget how the system schooled, protected and nursed the lot of you, in turn allows you to get up the pay ladder, so you can snipe at folk not able because of life's circumstances, fate or even choices to do the same. Drugs, alcohol, bad parents, mental challenges, I'll health and surroundings can make a few people, but it destroys most. So STFU, go to your work, pay your bills and mind your own fecking business. Take your Tory mps(yes, more than one) advice, either work longer hours, get a better job(doesn't mean more money) or GTF. 

Edited by ri Alban

One last thing. When I did my tax return, it said I was due a 3 grand rebate. But they only paid me £2400. :yadayada: Fecking SNP! Fecking free prescriptions, Fecking free dinners, Fecking free education, Fecking free roads and railways, Fecking free NHS, Fecking free Polis, Fecking free fire brigade, Fecking free childcare, fecking Scottish government :th_Rage2: Why can't we keep our money. :raging: 

Tory filth!

henrysmithsgloves
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

One last thing. When I did my tax return, it said I was due a 3 grand rebate. But they only paid me £2400. :yadayada: Fecking SNP! Fecking free prescriptions, Fecking free dinners, Fecking free education, Fecking free roads and railways, Fecking free NHS, Fecking free Polis, Fecking free fire brigade, Fecking free childcare, fecking Scottish government :th_Rage2: Why can't we keep our money. :raging: 

Tory filth!

Do the Tory thing,,cash jobs only then hire a creative accountant 😜

5 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Do the Tory thing,,cash jobs only then hire a creative accountant 😜

If I hired the accountant, I'd have received close to 4000 rebate. 🤷‍♂️ 

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, ri Alban said:

If I hired the accountant, I'd have received close to 4000 rebate. 🤷‍♂️ 

Probably more🤔

12 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

A household with 2 earners on 20 grand a pop will be 2-3 grand better off than a household with a singe earner on 43 grand.

3000 tax between them. 6000 for the single guy.  Tax . But again even if it's 2 grand more in their favour. They ain't better off, as it's between 2.  

2 people with 20000 each is 2 people on 20000 each. 1 on 20000 the other on 20000 and one on 43000. 🤔 Just two folk splitting bills that are way higher than the other person.  

And you're right 43 grand isn't a great wage, thanks to Tory Britain. So thanks 👍

10 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Probably more🤔

👍 But the Mrs is a shitebag 😆 What if they check . What if they check. Well I'll go to prison. 

I wind her up. But I agree with her. 

Edited by ri Alban

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, ri Alban said:

👍 But the Mrs is a shitebag 😆 What if they check . What if they check. Well I'll go to prison.

Probably get a night hood😂 or a sore ass!

Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Probably get a night hood😂 or a sore ass!

😳

And his moan was about Scotland v England. Both single folk on 43000 are about £150 more in Scotland. Not exactly breaking the bank. Between 43 and 50 it's a bit more but, folk were always moaning about the SNP not using their tax powers, and when they do, it's toys out the pram. 

It's the same folk who moan about 16 and 17 years voting, cause they're too young, then tell us the lassie who went isis is old enough to be treated like an adult. 

11 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Aye the SNP have done a great job at preserving and enhancing Scotlands once thriving educational reputation eh 🤣 the problem with folk like you who hold extreme views on nationalism, is that you (wrongly) presume everyone else who questions or disagreed with you or the Scottish government must be a rich, tory b*stard. I'd say that narrow mindedness points to a lack of education and understanding 

Not really. But I can smell a Tory fae through my phone. And you reek. Red , yellow or blue. 

Not long til all traitors are rid. Tick Tock!

And I'll take Scottish nationalism over your British nationalism every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Oh and you could claim your knee pads back on expenses 👍

Edited by ri Alban

13 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

*A household with 2 earners on 20 grand a pop will be 2-3 grand better off than a household with a singe earner on 43 grand.

Are they. Show us then. 

Oxgang? That's junkieville intit? Or is it where Aids originated. Cannae mind, but I did have to burn all my work gear after a visit.  Not sure they pay tax there.

An extra 1500 NI for the single guy. Il give you. Self employed I just do all mine at once, so often forget the muppets actually pay this every week. Ma bad.

Edited by ri Alban

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Here speaks the voice of experience 

2 weeks holiday 3 weeks pay, between 2 or for one. Aye single dude is hard done by. The fact it's between 2 is the who is less off. No matter what you say. 

Everything cost more. Fuel, energy and food, clothes. Then the assets if the all bout the same.  Cars, houses, jewellery etc... All owned by the single guy, but part own by the couple. So let's not pretend. If the couple split up, then what?

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Roofing 👍 Can't where them, tho. Fecks up my arthritis.🤬

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm sure I can get you some cheap.🤪

To vote any anti Scotland party, you really need to be a piece of shite. Labour, Tory Libdems. Skin crawling self hatred.

il Duce McTarkin
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Just a guess. 

Like all SNP economics then.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure your account could put in some extra mileage etc... to save you a few grand. 

My accountant already does a sterling job, tbf.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No you're right, the poor soul on 43+grand is well hung out of. I'm glad me, masel and i reduced my hours to 4 and 5 days, because the Saturday would push me over. Feck doing price work, then I'd really need to fork out a few bob. Fecking SNP :yadayada: Get the poor to feed/cloth/take care of their own kids. 

Fantastic stuff, cutting off your nose to spite your face, all so you can avoid paying a wee bit more tax that'll go to pay for services for those less fortunate than yourself. That's a prime exampe of seperatist civic duty right there. Take the SNP freebies and some other chump that's willing to do the hard graft can pay.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Are your tartan dungarees not available with built-in knee pads?

r-f-tartantwills-5a_orig.thumb.jpg.13db862223ff0d5f5258b7a954a1260d.jpg

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

Jeffros Furios
48 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

:rofl:

The Paisley Jihadi has spend a few hours too long on the buckie and lager ...

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The Paisley Jihadi has spend a few hours too long on the buckie and lager ...

Chopping out lines of ketamine imo.

Tommy Brown

Martin Lewis on BBC Kunnesburg this morning.

Energy cap will drop 15-20%

Effectively giving back the £400 gov subsidy that they stopped. Will drop a little bit more in September, but rise again in January to keep us at the same levels we were paying recently.

Diadora Van Basten

Inflation fell from 10.1% in March to 8.7% in April.

It had been expected by the Bank of England to fall to 8.2% who have been criticised for their poor forecasting models.

Inflation is now expected to be above the 2% target rate for longer.

Unclear if the Bank of England will continue to raise interest rates.

the posh bit
On 20/05/2023 at 22:10, Smithee said:

I think you overplay the scale of trivial prescriptions to be honest. 

And then some. If you have a condition that requires a paracetamol you're not getting passed the early morning triage system. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Inflation fell from 10.1% in March to 8.7% in April.

It had been expected by the Bank of England to fall to 8.2% who have been criticised for their poor forecasting models.

Inflation is now expected to be above the 2% target rate for longer.

Unclear if the Bank of England will continue to raise interest rates.

Yet food prices still rising.

John Gentleman
On 21/05/2023 at 06:40, Smithee said:

I agree that healthcare isn't funded well enough, but that's a much bigger problem than prescriptions.

Healthcare seems to be on of those "bottomless pits", in the sense that no amount of money/resources allocated to it is ever enough to satisfy demand. 
The same issues seem to be affecting public health services worldwide. Aside from "training more people" I'm not sure what the answers are. 

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Healthcare seems to be on of those "bottomless pits", in the sense that no amount of money/resources allocated to it is ever enough to satisfy demand. 
The same issues seem to be affecting public health services worldwide. Aside from "training more people" I'm not sure what the answers are. 

Bottomless pit, or something that should be the very first priority and not a grudging afterthought? What's more important than the health and wellbeing of the population?

It doesn't make sense that people prefer the prospect of paying £100 a month to a company that's legally obliged to put it's shareholders first, to paying £100 a month more in tax.

The real problem is that we live in a country that's been stripped back under the Tories, public services have been strangled and money squirreled away to shareholders, while the population are asked to live on less and less in real terms.

If we bring in an insurance based system, we condemn millions in this country to I'll health on top of poverty. People's incomes need to improve massively before something like this could even be considered, so nothing else except a change of priorities will help in the short term.

• 2 weeks later...

Mortgage rates up. Jeremy ***** will be :jambobanana:the *****. 

They're trying to kill off everyone covid missed.

On 24/05/2023 at 10:23, Smithee said:

If we bring in an insurance based system, we condemn millions in this country to I'll health on top of poverty. People's incomes need to improve massively before something like this could even be considered, so nothing else except a change of priorities will help in the short term.

There is a middle ground, many large employers now offer private healthcare as part of their benefits package however there isn't any link from that to the NHS so many people with private healthcare coverage only use it for something serious and still use the NHS for regular appointments, minor ailments. We should be moving to a joined up system whereby if your employer provides healthcare cover then you are automatically opted out of NHS services. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

There is a middle ground, many large employers now offer private healthcare as part of their benefits package however there isn't any link from that to the NHS so many people with private healthcare coverage only use it for something serious and still use the NHS for regular appointments, minor ailments. We should be moving to a joined up system whereby if your employer provides healthcare cover then you are automatically opted out of NHS services. 

Best of it is,you see a NHS doctor or surgeon in a private hospital 😳

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

If people and/or companies want to make other arrangements, great, go for it. But no one should be opted out of healthcare that's free at point of use IMO.

Just now, Smithee said:

If people and/or companies want to make other arrangements, great, go for it. But no one should be opted out of healthcare that's free at point of use IMO.

My employer provides healthcare and dental cover for me and I make a conscious effort to use that privilege to it's maximum so as not to further burden the NHS, the same however cannot be said of everyone that has a private healthcare provision from their employer, why shouldn't they be made to use that privilege instead of further burdening the NHS? 

As an example my healthcare provision from work gives me access to 10 GP telephone consultations per year, would it not make sense that i'm only able to book a telephone consultation with my NHS GP once i've used up the private provision and free'd up 10 appointments at my local GP?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

My employer provides healthcare and dental cover for me and I make a conscious effort to use that privilege to it's maximum so as not to further burden the NHS, the same however cannot be said of everyone that has a private healthcare provision from their employer, why shouldn't they be made to use that privilege instead of further burdening the NHS? 

As an example my healthcare provision from work gives me access to 10 GP telephone consultations per year, would it not make sense that i'm only able to book a telephone consultation with my NHS GP once i've used up the private provision and free'd up 10 appointments at my local GP?

Cool, but many insurance policies have excesses and what have you, and there are all sorts of reasons why someone who's fully insured either doesn't want to or can't afford to use these services when needed.

A culture change would be great, then the NHS can be used by those who need it most, but I don't agree at all with the principle of locking a single person out.

JudyJudyJudy