*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

While I know he is not a marquee signing, what do you know about him. 

As I am genuinely looking for something that bring more detail about him rather than someone looking at his wikipedia stats.

He’s not a CAM,Forward or a CRB.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not if you lose.  Whats the prize for the achievement?

Significant reward for the club,  and sometimes a European place.  We beat Hibs in the semi to guarantee at least 8 Euro games.    It’s not really black and white but it is an achievement to get to a national cup final imo even though we all badly want to win it.

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Significant reward for the club,  and sometimes a European place.  We beat Hibs in the semi to guarantee at least 8 Euro games.    It’s not really black and white but it is an achievement to get to a national cup final imo even though we all badly want to win it.

You cant get a European place losing a final.  Hibs were never ever winning the cup anyway. 

I dont think it is.  Just my opinion.  

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Getting to a cup final is an achievement.

Winning the final is a uniquely special, greater achievement. Losing the final is a painful experience. 

Not for the 3rd biggest club in the country. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Get ready to be disappointed,we are getting Jacob Davenport

Yeah seems so, he's certainly not one that gets me excited, 36 appearances in 4 years at blackburn and looks more a defensive midfielder which we have literally tonnes of, Haring, Devlin, Halliday, Beni are all defensive mids, even Sibbick and Smith can play there too, how many do we actually need ?

Funds would be better spent on another No10 or Striker imo.

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yeah seems so, he's certainly not one that gets me excited, 36 appearances in 4 years at blackburn and looks more a defensive midfielder which we have literally tonnes of, Haring, Devlin, Halliday, Beni are all defensive mids, even Sibbick and Smith can play there too, how many do we actually need ?

Funds would be better spent on another No10 or Striker imo.

But we have a few number 10 roles, or players who play across the front 3? Got Barrie, Gino, GMS, Forrest, Boyce, Smith, Grant. Our wide players come inside and wingbacks create the width. We only at the minute of decent standard only have Haring and Cammy (and can’t remember last time he was fit) to play centre mid while Beni is out. Another centre mid would be good. Do agree with another striker, someone with pace. And a centre back.

46 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You cant get a European place losing a final.    

Hibs would have had our group stage spot had they beaten us then lost the final.

1 minute ago, andrew said:

Hibs would have had our group stage spot had they beaten us then lost the final.

Errrrr no they wouldn’t 

Weakened Offender
28 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not for the 3rd biggest club in the country. 

Mate, your moniker celebrates a moment in a cup final where we failed to beat a second division side over 120 minutes. Give the entitled nonsense a rest eh? 😘

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Has anyone actually seen Davenport play?  

Very, very briefly. 

Tidy on the ball. Similar build, maybe a bit taller to Devlin. Combative but forward thinking. 

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

But we have a few number 10 roles, or players who play across the front 3? Got Barrie, Gino, GMS, Forrest, Boyce, Smith, Grant. Our wide players come inside and wingbacks create the width. We only at the minute of decent standard only have Haring and Cammy (and can’t remember last time he was fit) to play centre mid while Beni is out. Another centre mid would be good. Do agree with another striker, someone with pace. And a centre back.

I think we'll need a more physical striker for Shankland to play off.

Too many times yesterday we were launching long balls up to Shankland and that just isn't his game and is the wrong way to play him.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

No they wouldnt.  Losers get nothing now. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Mate, your moniker celebrates a moment in a cup final where we failed to beat a second division side over 120 minutes. Give the entitled nonsense a rest eh? 😘

We still won though.  Much better than  after ET to rangers.  Or St Mirren. 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Get ready to be disappointed,we are getting Jacob Davenport

If you have ever seen him play, you’ll realise it will be anything but disappointment if he signs.  He’s quality.

3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

This is the best I can do, based on his time with Burton in the Championship a few years ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16332383.complete-lowdown-rovers-new-boy-jacob-davenport/

“He had a real impact on performances at Burton. The club was on a low ebb when he joined as they had had a terrible January but he made his debut at Villa Park and was one of the best players on the pitch.

“He was very composed and he more than held his own.

“He was virtually an ever present after that.

“He tended to play deep at Burton as one of three central midfielders and he has an excellent range of passing and is capable of linking play between defence and attack.

“He was consistent in his performances and the supporters were huge fans of his, I am sure if Burton had stayed up then they would have made attempts to bring him back on loan.

“He was excited to play senior football and I think he proved he was more than capable of playing at Championship level."

KyleLafferty
Just now, frankblack said:

I think we'll need a more physical striker for Shankland to play off.

Too many times yesterday we were launching long balls up to Shankland and that just isn't his game and is the wrong way to play him.

I think that was due to Smith, haring, Forrest and McKay not getting close to him. We also were punting it due to County’s press. I think the 4231 would get us closer to Shankland. I thought Boyce should have started behind. Could maybe play;

Grant Haring

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

If you have ever seen him play, you’ll realise it will be anything but disappointment if he signs.  He’s quality.

Is he actually coming or is it a rumour that a poster on here has started?

5 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Honestly mate, rotten patter

Honestly mate totally accurate patter 🤦🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Even Blackburn fans would struggle to answer that

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Is he actually coming or is it a rumour that a poster on here has started?

@Zaba name dropped him last week and since EEN have put an article out. 

When EEN report on it, it’s generally close. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hope he's an attacking midfielder, we're too defensive in the middle.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Herbert. said:

Hope he's an attacking midfielder, we're too defensive in the middle.

Think he tends to play deeper (similar to Beni), but we brought Grant in to play further forward so hopefully will free him up. 

6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The charter flight is good to hear.

Must keep in the wife’s good books.

Will the charter flights be open to anyone or will it be on a first come first served basis? 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup, based on timing of past signings being linked by EEN to the player being announced, I would say he will be a Hearts player on Tuesday. The report is signing talks, but you have to imagine that if it is, there has been a generally agreed wage already and it will be thrashing up the other details (though obviously always a chance the agent could try and attempt to push for a bigger wage out of no where and talks break down.)

In regards to another defensive midfielder, I think people forget how well we played last year having a midfield of Beni and Devlin. Two players people saw as defensive. But I think those two and Haring can push forward or be a more ball playing midfielder alongside a defensive midfielder. 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Looks like he is another DM 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/351685/Show/Jacob-Davenport 

Looks like a deep lying playmaker more than anything as it says his tacking is weak and aerial is weak.Set pieces very good and long ball passing very good.

There’s every chance Robbie knows that Haring has regressed since last season and will be used as a squad player and not one of the starting 11 from now.  Perhaps JD is going to be used in this role with Cammy alongside him🤷‍♂️

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes at the Semi.  A Cup final loss isnt an achievement.   Crap mentality to have. 

So what would you prefer - getting papped out in the 1st round, or losing in the Final ?  Or are they both  the same in your view  ?

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

There’s every chance Robbie knows that Haring has regressed since last season and will be used as a squad player and not one of the starting 11 from now.  Perhaps JD is going to be used in this role with Cammy alongside him🤷‍♂️

We only gave Haring a new contract a few months ago. He had a bad game. That is all ...

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

So what would you prefer - getting papped out in the 1st round, or losing in the Final ?  Or are they both  the same in your view  ?

Make more ££ getting to the final but its nothing to brag about if we lose. Would rather finish 3rd than losing a final.  Easily. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Make more ££ getting to the final but its nothing to brag about if we lose. Would rather finish 3rd than losing a final.  Easily. 

Ah but would you rather finish third than getting to a final? 😄

BackOfTheNet

Shankland was making runs and getting away from defenders fairly often only for us to pass it along from side to side awaiting an opening. McKay is generally the one to open up defences with passes, but other teams know that and double up making it difficult. So, if we have someone in the middle of the park like Davenport who will get his head up and look for those passes through the centre as well, maybe we’ll have more opportunities for Shankland, while at the same time giving the opposition another player to worry about stopping their passing.

No idea who the poster is or whether they’re reputable or not. Was searching the words ‘hearts’ and ‘Europe’ to see the list of our possible opponents and this popped up.

666CAE62-AF7E-4E90-B509-19DD42628C8A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We only gave Haring a new contract a few months ago. He had a bad game. That is all ...

Exactly. It sounds like to me that Davenport is being recruited because he's an excellent young player. I don't think Haring factors into it. Going to be a long season with the games in Europe and if we want the same again next year, its important not just that we finish 3rd but we go as far as we can in the Scottish cup to avoid any freak results of a diddy team winning it and denying us the easy path in. Squad depth so important to delivering that IMO. 

He's also injury prone by the looks of things, so perhaps alongside Beni, Devlin and Haring we can manage his game time to truly get the best out of him (rather than relying on him week in week out being left high and dry when he's injured?). 

His age matches Beni, Devlin, Sibbick, Rowles and Atkinson. So we've clearly a vision in mind when recruiting too (IMO developable players with bags of sell on potential). 

I love where we are as a club right now. Savage knows exactly what he's doing and seems to be laying out a roadmap for our recruitment ideals going forward. 

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Who's bragging ?    For the first half of my life, we only reached 4 Cup Finals - thats 60  cup competitions,  we failed to reach the final in 56  of them, lost 3 finals and won 1 final.

Our record has got a bit better in the last 30  years, but its still a very small  percentage of Finals that we get to .  No Hearts fan should ever turn their nose up at getting to Cup Finals - and its likely we'll lose more than we win, thanks to the presence of  the  Bigot Brothers.

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

No idea who the poster is or whether they’re reputable or not. Was searching the words ‘hearts’ and ‘Europe’ to see the list of our possible opponents and this popped up.

Interesting ...

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Lee Seung who?

16 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Original source seems to be this report. Suggests we've offered a 3 year deal.

https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20220801054310407?x_trkm=t

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lee Seung who?

Linked with Hibs surely ? Lee Jeon-son  ?  😜

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Interesting thing here is looking at the guy’s timeline, he claims to be an expert but doesn’t act ITK as such, more just reports what’s already in the press or as it happens. Could be nonsense of course, but timeline suggests there may be something somewhere he’s gotten the news from.

The obligatory, of course…

6 hours ago, Pap said:

Didnt someone say we are making a "marquee" signing

Tent Sainsbury perhaps ?? 

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Interesting thing here is looking at the guy’s timeline, he claims to be an expert but doesn’t act ITK as such, more just reports what’s already in the press or as it happens. Could be nonsense of course, but timeline suggests there may be something somewhere he’s gotten the news from.

The obligatory, of course…

That close control :sweeet:

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah but would you rather finish third than getting to a final? 😄

Yes.  For the European football.   Much rather that than lose a final. 

davemclaren
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes.  For the European football.   Much rather that than lose a final. 

I’d rather get to a final as you then have a chance of winning a trophy. 

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Will the charter flights be open to anyone or will it be on a first come first served basis? 

I went on one of the charters to Bordeux and I'm it was come first served basis. 

Maybe it'll be different now.

Rocky jamboa

Does anyone else try and work out if these Asian names are wind ups before taking them seiously, like bang wan in! 😆

I notice he was in the barcelona b team, then Verona in Italy, and a team in Belgium. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Linked with Hibs surely ? Lee Jeon-son  ?  😜

Wasn't that Jamie Mac's son?

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

That close control :sweeet:

Not the best video to be fair, but it’s not a compilation, just from one game so gives an insight how he can play in one as opposed to carefully picked out moments across several games. Can see why he was a Barcelona youth though, but we know that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be great or anything.

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Does anyone else try and work out if these Asian names are wind ups before taking them seiously, like bang wan in! 😆

I notice he was in the barcelona b team, then Verona in Italy, and a team in Belgium. 

On 31 August 2017, Lee joined an Italian club Hellas Verona on a four-year deal, for a fee of €1.5 million. Barcelona retained the option to repurchase him until 2019 for an undisclosed fee.[12]

On 24 September, he made his Serie A debut for Verona in the second half of the game against Lazio.[13] On 6 May 2018, he scored his first Serie A goal in an away match against Milan, but his team lost 4–1.[11]

Verona was relegated to the Serie B by finishing the league in 19th place. He scored one goal and provided two assists during 27 appearances in the 2018–19 Serie B. Verona was promoted to the Serie A by winning the promotion play-offs,[14] but he was excluded from Verona's plan for the next season.

Sint-TruidenEdit

On 30 August 2019, Lee joined Belgian First Division A side Sint-Truiden.[15] He was excluded from the list of the squad for twelve consecutive matches, and this situation caused much controversy in South Korea.[16][17] His name was on the list for the first time against Genk on 29 November,[18] and he made his Belgian league debut against Waasland-Beverenon 26 December.[19] He finished his first season due to early termination of the Belgian league caused by the COVID-19 pandemic after making only four appearances.[20]

On 13 September 2020, he scored his first and second goal for Sint-Truiden against Royal Antwerp, but his team lost 3–2 despite his two goals.[21]However, he failed to score in six games where he played as a starter excluding a game against Antwerp, and his team also did not get a victory at the same time.[22] When he was being excluded from the squad again, some South Korean journalists recommended playing in South Korea to him.[22]

Loan to PortimonenseEdit

On 1 February 2021, Lee joined Primeira Liga side Portimonense on a six-month loan deal with an option to buy.[23] He had difficulty in leaving special impression on the new club. He left Portimonense after the end of his contract.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***