*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Exile fae Main Street

See the photo in the Spanish article the player is giving the Gorgie (Jungle) sign...

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

You would like to think that BA has checked his sources.....or maybe we are his sources 🤷‍♂️

It’s 3 phone calls. One to the agent, one to his source at Hearts, one to the media person at his club. You might not get a ‘Yes’ from any of them, but you might get a laugh and a ‘No chance’ from one of them.

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Needs to be expanded:-

Woo put the ball in the Hibee's net?

Sui Wee, Sui Wee,

Tynie's wee Sui Wee.

Tynie's wee Sui Wee,

Tynie's wee Sui Wee,

Tynie's wee Sui Wee

Think you may have Just redeemed yourself after the whistling video 👏 👏 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The rumour didn't start here ...

It hardly matters where it started, surely you check it as best you can before you print it. It’s the keystone of his job. The EEN could train chimps to copy and paste rumours

Under the floodlight
17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Since reading that 👆 early doors, I've been pottering about with various whistling tunes going through my head:

The Great Escape

Don't Worry, Be Happy

(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay

But, just to join in with the 'Song for Lee Seung Woo' chat, here's a cracking whistling tune and it would be a hoot.

Apologies if this spoils anyone's Weetabix.

"Lee-ee Seung woo,

Lee-ee Seung woo,

(All join in whistelling)

Lee-ee Seung woo,

Lee-ee Seung woo,

Lee-ee Seung woo,

Lee-ee Seung woo,

Lee-ee Seung woo, hoo hoo

Lee-ee Seung woo

To the tune of, "I was Kaiser Bill's Batman".

Check it out ... a total classic!!! 😁

Is he still touring, what a talent.😂😂

BackOfTheNet

Right, are we saying we wait until at least noon before we all start thinking it isn’t happening and it’s either agents using a name to get the player a better deal or another team has gazumped us?

:sadrobbo:

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It hardly matters where it started, surely you check it as best you can before you print it. It’s the keystone of his job. The EEN could train chimps to copy and paste rumours

The source of the rumour 'hardly matters' ? Maybe leave the journalism to the professional...

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, are we saying we wait until at least noon before we all start thinking it isn’t happening and it’s either agents using a name to get the player a better deal or another team has gazumped us?

:sadrobbo:

I think if it is definitely not happening then we will hear an update to the story saying he has rejected the offer after 24 hours.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I think if it is definitely not happening then we will hear an update to the story saying he has rejected the offer after 24 hours.

Why would he reject it JiG?  Don't be daft, man.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Woo put the ball in the Hibees net

By your standards, not bad at all :yes:

BackOfTheNet

Not sure we’d sign Woo before the derby. If we did then the fans would expect him to play, and a physical derby away from home might not be the best introduction for him. Porteous would be looking to end his career before it began.

28 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I’ll leave the lyrics to someone else …. 

Easy-peasy ...

Woo sé mama waiting on that corner
Woo sé mama score a goal for me
Woo sé mama waiting on that corner
Woo sé mama score a goal for me

Ps ... went to his gig on the Castle Esplanade not so long ago (actually 11th July, 2019, tempus fugit). Soooperb!

Screenshot_20220801-100510_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-100551_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-101513_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure we’d sign Woo before the derby. If we did then the fans would expect him to play, and a physical derby away from home might not be the best introduction for him. Porteous would be looking to end his career before it began.

I would imagine it will take a while to get a work permit, so wouldn’t be expected to play this weekend anyway 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

"Just in my opinion, I hope Lee finds a new team for more playing time," he says. "Don’t worry about the league’s reputation. Even if it’s not a good country or a good league, I want to advise him to go to a team where he can play.

😂 That will be us then…

6 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Think it was Ongjen Koroman from Terek Grozny, he played for Serbia at the World Cup. We tried to sign him in January '07 but ended up with Kingston from the same club instead.

I vaguely remember us being linked with a Czech player around 06/07 too but not sure who that was. Plasil possibly but he was a regular at Monaco at the time so probably not.

I think you're thinking about Marek Heinz? I remember being really excited about that one when his name was mentioned at the time

Sorry to ruin the songwriting efforts, but my understanding is his family name is Lee and his given name is Seung-woo.

Calling him "Woo" is like calling Son Heung-min "Min" or Park Ji-sung "Sung".

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It was also reported by a Spanish journalist (I would imagine a Catalan one, and so will keep an eye on ex-Barca players) earlier yesterday but no one picked up on it.

Translation: 

The former azulgrana @Seungwoolee has an offer from Scottish Hearts FC. If he accepts it, he would play in Europe again and this season he would play the Europa League because Hearts finished third last season

He'll have to get those fingers sorted into a 5-1 before he ever plays for Hearts. 3-3 just won't cut it.

Difficult to think of any similar exotic signings that have been a success for us. He certainly looks to be a high risk, high reward type signing.

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

His touch and close control are frighteningly good ............... if we sign him I would be getting him to train with McKay Forrest and Grant as much as possible and just tell them to get to know each others movement and tendencies because if he is on the same page as his team mates then there are not a lot of players in this league could touch them

1 minute ago, andrew said:

Difficult to think of any similar exotic signings that have been a success for us. He certainly looks to be a high risk, high reward type signing.

Every player is a risk 

Sui Wee Included 

He's lightweight, likes to run at players  so may not be suited to our game and the henchmen in it  

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You are under the misguided impression that people employed to write on sporting matters at the Evening News are in any way shape or form actually journalists. Corroboration, due diligence,  referencing, it just doesn't seem to happen anymore. The age of the internet has made it too easy to imply actual knowledge about any given subject matter. I think you have nailed the state of journalism with your final sentence.

Before all the journalists amongst us start ripping their hair out, it's a sweeping generalisation, one aimed more at the red tops and their army of trained chimps (sic). The advent of social media and instant access to stories has pushed this need for immediate content delivery, which is not to say long form, investigative pieces covered by those diligent diggers of truths are a thing of the past.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

"Just in my opinion, I hope Lee finds a new team for more playing time," he says. "Don’t worry about the league’s reputation. Even if it’s not a good country or a good league, I want to advise him to go to a team where he can play.

😂 That will be us then…

Exactly what went through my mind :)

Looking at his situation, I would imagine that Covid has probably hindered his career, being isolated a long way from home and not finding a home with expectations high

46 minutes ago, Pap said:

Can we start a seperate thread for player songs, please? 

This.

So annoying having to scroll past pages of it. To make it worse you can barely ever work out which song the lyrics have been put to

Batistuta87

We've had the Japanese Messi - let's give the Korean Messi a go! 

Genuinely quite excited about this one. Looks like he would be some signing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

His touch and close control are frighteningly good ............... if we sign him I would be getting him to train with McKay Forrest and Grant as much as possible and just tell them to get to know each others movement and tendencies because if he is on the same page as his team mates then there are not a lot of players in this league could touch them

That video I found quite exciting, like the best parts of Baz and Al rolled into one.

33 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Anyway what does Zaba have to say about this? 

30 minutes ago, Spookie said:

@Zabaspill the beans 

😂

I’m afraid my information stops with Davenport on this occasion.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
49 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I’ll leave the lyrics to someone else …. 

Thanks for that. Doubt we'd get a football chant out of it but it was still a great listen 👍

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I would imagine it will take a while to get a work permit, so wouldn’t be expected to play this weekend anyway 

Wouldn’t mind a wee “subject to international clearance” signing announcement before they are due to join us like they did with Atkinson and Rowles mind you.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

We've had the Japanese Messi - let's give the Korean Messi a go! 

Genuinely quite excited about this one. Looks like he would be some signing. 

Think he's had a bit of bad luck, maybe just now maturing and needs a place where he can be the superstar and feel comfortable he will be adored, we are just that place. 

Would imagine if its successful wont take long for him to move on, but it will be at a very good price

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

That video I found quite exciting, like the best parts of Baz and Al rolled into one.

We are on the same page here that is what I was thinking too ..................... every thing done at a fast pace and wee touches to the side to get past the player and just keep going forward without breaking stride it is a joy to watch that sort of stuff

1 minute ago, Zaba said:

😂

I’m afraid my information stops with Davenport on this occasion.

Right we'll need you to get to the airport then 😏 

17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

"it will take a while" not it "would take a while".  You saying it's on, j1??

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nah, he'd skin huddy Porteous by running between his legs with the ball stuck to his feet ... a legendary 'nutmeg' par excellence (or, as us cultured folks in PR would say, "per excellentium") ... and then stick it in the net.

❤️❤️G❤️

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

How credible is this guy? 

Being in the EEN is good enough for me tbh. Bazza won't put his name to something unless there's some substance to it. 

Buzzing!

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

How credible is this guy? 

Being in the EEN is good enough for me tbh. Bazza won't put his name to something unless there's some substance to it. 

Buzzing!

put it this way he wasnt happy at banderson not giving credit to him and posting 2 hrs later

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***