*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

2019 we were in the Scottish cup final. Then 2020 then last season. Just because you’ve got the memory of a goldfish doesn’t make you right. You’d have remembered if you went to games rather than pretending to. 

:lol:

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Would caution comparisons and x is an upgrade on y type chat just yet,.

We thought Olly Lee was a world beater in his first 5 or 6 games.  We also gave Uche an upgraded contract after a few months.

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

2019 we were in the Scottish cup final. Then 2020 then last season. Just because you’ve got the memory of a goldfish doesn’t make you right. You’d have remembered if you went to games rather than pretending to. 

Ummmm why do you think he doesn’t go to games?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Just a wild hunch. 

Is it the fact he regurgitates other peoples points in different speak making it sound like he does in fact attend the games? 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Is it the fact he regurgitates other peoples points in different speak making it sound like he does in fact attend the games? 

😂 he’s the most obvious troll I’ve ever seen on a football forum. Forgetting cup finals makes obvious troll more obvious. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry, but I just don’t know how anyone can jump to this conclusion having seen the new players in the side a maximum of once. Players often don’t peak until late 20’s, Davenport, for example is only 23. 

Its not difficult to judge to be honest. We are not talking about 20 year olds. 

Don't be so defensive, I made a perfectly balanced viewpoint. 

We have enhanced the squad and cover, I just don't see the starting 11 any better, with 2 king size holes departed since Hampden 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I do laugh at the posters questioning our recruitment, talking like they are experts 😅

If Savage, Neilson and the recruitment team think the guys we have brought in or are trying to sign take us forward, that’s more than good enough for me.

Be ****ing boring if we all just agree though eh  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We have enhanced the squad and cover, I just don't see the starting 11 any better, with 2 king size holes departed since Hampden 

I’m not being defensive. You’re making a judgment on one game max. That’s pretty close to being fact. You can’t possibly judge new players on how they’ve played for other sides. 

section s heart
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Was really impressed with Smith in the middle against Stoke. Didn't work against County. Not sure why. Plenty of life in the old dog yet though. Maybe more a compliment to the way they set up.

Davenport would be a good acquisition imo.

On the subject of improving on last season, consolidating third, staying in the title race until at least January and getting to another cup final, should be our aim, at least.

Building on season ticket holders and FoH contributions is going to be tricky in the current climate but we're in a great place.

2 more signings would be great. 

Thought Smith did well when he moved to WB yesterday. He's still a smart player and agree re life in the old dog yet. 

1 hour ago, Pap said:

Didnt someone say we are making a "marquee" signing

A marquee will at least ensure we’ve good squad cover

Simms has got better and better on here every passing week!

Like most Hearts fans I liked him but reading the comments on here it’s hard to believe he missed from 4 yards in a cup final for us and was an unused sub for Sunderland today, you’d swear he should be leading the line for Man City.

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

A marquee will at least ensure we’ve good squad cover

Proves we're showing intent.

6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

What sort of player is Davenport? His goal scoring record doesn’t exactly suggest a box-to-box or a 10. I know Robbie loves a defensive midfielder, but surely we have enough of those?

No idea maybe a deep lying playmaker 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not being defensive. You’re making a judgment on one game max. That’s pretty close to being fact. You can’t possibly judge new players on how they’ve played for other sides. 

No I'm making a judgement based on players history. 

I don't think we are being truthful saying 2, I think it will be more

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

No I'm making a judgement based on players history. 

I don't think we are being truthful saying 2, I think it will be more

Exactly my point. Were you able to make a judgement based on Hartley’s history or on the flip side Whelan’s. 

We are one game in. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

You’re kidding right? 

2018/2019 season - reached SC Final - lost 2-1 to Celtic after going 1 up with 25 mins to play.

2019/2020 season - reached the delayed SC ‘COVID’ final. Lost to Celtic on penalties.

2021/2022 season - reached the SC final. Lost to Rangers in extra time. 

Not difficult to find out or remember for that matter 🤣😂 🙈

Umm they said we finished 3rd 3 times in last 4 seasons

6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Finish 3rd more than 2 seasons in a row and get to more cup finals?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We’ve been to three in the last four seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm they said we finished 3rd 3 times in last 4 seasons

look at the post you quoted. been to 3 in last 4 seasons. that is quite clearly in reference to cup finals or they would have said finsihed 3rd in 3 of last 4 seasons

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

look at the post you quoted. been to 3 in last 4 seasons. that is quite clearly in reference to cup finals or they would have said finsihed 3rd in 3 of last 4 seasons

Ok my original point was the “next level” would be to finish 3 more than 2 times in a row and get to “more finals” - so my point still stands 

34 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I agree with you and I'll be surprised and disappointed if it's just Davenport +1.

People will reasonably point out that it'll be difficult or impossible to replace those Souttar and Simms with equal quality. That said, I can't conceive that we intend to continue with 3-4-3 but aren't going to fill the fairly obvious absence of a competent ball-playing RCB, or that we're not going to attempt to replace the physical presence or ability to stretch the game we've lost with Simms. 

I'm still expecting at least 3 in and possibly 4 or 5.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ok my original point was the “next level” would be to finish 3 more than 2 times in a row and get to “more finals” - so my point still stands 

how many cup finals would that be then as "more finals" is a washy term

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We’ve been to three in the last four seasons. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly my point. Were you able to make a judgement based on Hartley’s history or on the flip side Whelan’s. 

We are one game in. 

I don't think they are "star players " while Baningime and Simms reek class, it's really not that hard to tell 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I agree with you and I'll be surprised and disappointed if it's just Davenport +1.

People will reasonably point out that it'll be difficult or impossible to replace those Souttar and Simms with equal quality. That said, I can't conceive that we intend to continue with 3-4-3 but aren't going to fill the fairly obvious absence of a competent ball-playing RCB, or that we're not going to attempt to replace the physical presence or ability to stretch the game we've lost with Simms. 

Yip, the squad is better,  that's the upside. I wish people were able to comment on that too, as you say may not replace those two but not seeing players who I believe are that bit above our League.......yet......there is time 

LarrysRightFoot
27 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I’m going to go out on a massive limb here and says Rowles will prove to be better than Souttar. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I don't think they are "star players " while Baningime and Simms reek class, it's really not that hard to tell 

They’ve played one game. Simms didn’t reek class after one game. Neither did Souttar. 

Jambo 4 Ever
42 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

League cup finals too and maybe win a few as well

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

League cup finals too and maybe win a few as well

you didnt say win finals just get to them

We need two top class signings,but probably 3 in all honesty.

1 × CF/No10 

1 x CAM

1 x RCB 

Reserve Goalkeeper would be nice as well but doubt that's happening now.

August Landmesser
48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Six cup finals a season, or Robbie Oot imo booooooo111!!!

davemclaren
53 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Pure Hibs to celebrate making finals imo. 

To win a final you have to get into it. :whistling:

7 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We need two top class signings,but probably 3 in all honesty.

1 × CF/No10 

1 x CAM

1 x RCB 

Reserve Goalkeeper would be nice as well but doubt that's happening now.

Get ready to be disappointed,we are getting Jacob Davenport

26 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m going to go out on a massive limb here and says Rowles will prove to be better than Souttar. 

Rowles is a really difficult one.

If he was right footed he’d be absolutely perfect. But I’m not willing to lose what Halkett brings us in the middle and the dynamic Kingsley and Cochrane have on the left to shoehorn him in. 

I still think we need a starting right footed centre half in the Souttar mould, which would leave Rowles as back up. A decent enough one at that once he settles in. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To win a final you have to get into it. : whistling:

Lose it isnt worth acknowledging as an achievement.  Just ask Ze Germans. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They’ve played one game. Simms didn’t reek class after one game. Neither did Souttar. 

They did in my opinion. You seem to be finding it hard to accept a balanced viewpoint, I trust our management. 

They will know full well what is required 

Weakened Offender
40 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Pure Hibs to celebrate making finals imo. 

Every teams' fans celebrate making it to cup finals. But you crack on. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

While I know he is not a marquee signing, what do you know about him. 

As I am genuinely looking for something that bring more detail about him rather than someone looking at his wikipedia stats.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

They did in my opinion. You seem to be finding it hard to accept a balanced viewpoint, I trust our management. 

They will know full well what is required 

You can’t have a balanced viewpoint after seeing new players in one competitive game. 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s disappointing about that? 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Every teams' fans celebrate making it to cup finals. But you crack on. 

Yes at the Semi.  A Cup final loss isnt an achievement.   Crap mentality to have. 

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

While I know he is not a marquee signing, what do you know about him. 

As I am genuinely looking for something that bring more detail about him rather than someone looking at his wikipedia stats.

Looks like he is another DM 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/351685/Show/Jacob-Davenport 

Looks like a deep lying playmaker more than anything as it says his tacking is weak and aerial is weak.Set pieces very good and long ball passing very good.

Edited by vegas-voss

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can’t have a balanced viewpoint after seeing new players in one competitive game. 

It's not the first game these players have ever played is it?

Signing for Hearts doesn't change what you have achieved in football over a period of time. 

Forrest career is a slow burner and will continue on a gradual incline with us, Rowles has potential to grow in his career, its not an assessment on one game with Hearts, its as if you believe we disregard whatever else they have done to assess a situation. 

We sign players we can afford for positions as they become available,  I happen to believe we will sign better players as the window goes, just as we did last season 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes at the Semi.  A Cup final loss isnt an achievement.   Crap mentality to have. 

Getting to a cup final is an achievement. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Not if you lose.  Whats the prize for the achievement?

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It's not the first game these players have ever played is it?

Signing for Hearts doesn't change what you have achieved in football over a period of time. 

Forrest career is a slow burner and will continue on a gradual incline with us, Rowles has potential to grow in his career, its not an assessment on one game with Hearts, its as if you believe we disregard whatever else they have done to assess a situation. 

We sign players we can afford for positions as they become available,  I happen to believe we will sign better players as the window goes, just as we did last season 

You never know how good a player is going to be, you can guess, based on his career to date but that’s all you can do. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Before you lose actually getting there is an achievement, that’s why it’s a big deal. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Winning the final is a uniquely special, greater achievement. Losing the final is a painful experience. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***