*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet

Have a hunch we won’t go for a striker before the window. I imagine the plan is Shankland or Boyce, not both, with Henderson covering. Might get forward players in behind the striker, but just have that feeling.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

As proven today Shankland is not a lone striker

That was more to do with a useless midfield and nobody getting close to him. 

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yup nobody getting close to him = lone striker 

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, Thomaso said:

Yup nobody getting close to him = lone striker 

Nah, you can play one up front but you actually have people making forward runs from midfield to try to support him. We didn’t have that today. 

On positive wee Forrest was good 2nd half until he went off. 

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Agreed. If we are going to leave a striker up top isolated it needs to be Boyce over shankland. Boyce competes with the defenders and wins us fouls or retains the ball far better than shankland does. 

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Agreed. If we are going to leave a striker up top isolated it needs to be Boyce over shankland. Boyce competes with the defenders and wins us fouls or retains the ball far better than shankland does. 

It was Shankland’s first competitive game for us, let’s give him time. Can’t judge him on today with that midfield performance. Also players need to get used to his movement and style.  

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Nah, you can play one up front but you actually have people making forward runs from midfield to try to support him. We didn’t have that today. 

On positive wee Forrest was good 2nd half until he went off. 

Ok 👍

Hope we don't have another first half like that at Easter road next game.

Would love to see our professionals give us a full 90 minutes in games.

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It was Shankland’s first competitive game for us, let’s give him time. Can’t judge him on today with that midfield performance. Also players need to get used to his movement and style.  

Not writing shankland of at all. I’d rather find a way for both to play but if it’s one up top Boyce has the cleverness and physicality to compete, going by today shankland doesn’t. 

Apologies in advance for kickstarting the keeper debate/meltdown again. 

Jamie Mac played for Raith v Cove today, didn’t have a bad game but he’s certainly not the saviour some hailing him as. 

Just now, Barack said:

Banderson's now said he's a major doubt for ER.

Hamstring after all.

Sorry I swallowed Banderson’s “slight niggle” shite! 😏

5 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Not writing shankland of at all. I’d rather find a way for both to play but if it’s one up top Boyce has the cleverness and physicality to compete, going by today shankland doesn’t. 

Now I agree with that - Shankland will prove to be a good signing when played in the right formation

Absolute Scenes

Neilson says “we’ll see how he is”

banderson: “Kingsley career ending horror injury: MAJOR PANIC FOR DERBY”

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

You cannot, CANNOT summarise a player as “not being able to compete” after one fecking competitive game for feck sake. You obviously had your eyes closed most of the game as the Shankland I watched, competed, win headers, tackles etc. he was given utterly awful service and cannot be blamed

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

You cannot, CANNOT summarise a player as “not being able to compete” after one fecking competitive game for feck sake. You obviously had your eyes closed most of the game as the Shankland I watched, competed, win headers, tackles etc. he was given utterly awful service and cannot be blamed

I’ve seen shankland play far more than one competitive game. Boyce competed far better when he came on than shankland. I’m not writing him of at all and think he will be a good signing but he’s never a lone striker. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

I’ve seen shankland play far more than one competitive game. Boyce competed far better when he came on than shankland. I’m not writing him of at all and think he will be a good signing but he’s never a lone striker. 

I’ve not exactly been the biggest proponent of spending the money we did on Shankland, but to say that Boyce done more is stretching it. He hardly had time for one, but Shankland did alright. He’s just a victim of what I’ve said on here before, he’s too easy to man mark out of a game. But so is Boyce, so I’d still start Shankland ahead of Boyce next week.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Today showed we still need a key quality signing in each 3rd of the pitch.

So that’s 3 signings minimum or I would become a little concerned about us having the numbers and quality in maintaining our position.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Does Kingsley have vlad flu

Robbie said post match on radio it was a hamstring tweak.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve not exactly been the biggest proponent of spending the money we did on Shankland, but to say that Boyce done more is stretching it. He hardly had time for one, but Shankland did alright. He’s just a victim of what I’ve said on here before, he’s too easy to man mark out of a game. But so is Boyce, so I’d still start Shankland ahead of Boyce next week.

Boyce Came on and used his experience to help see out the game. Used his body well to win us a couple of fouls and competed against their cb’s better than shankland did.  

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Boyce Came on and used his experience to help see out the game. Used his body well to win us a couple of fouls and competed against their cb’s better than shankland did.  

I would say Shankland won his fair share of headers in the first half and competed well. County isolated him, but that made more space for McKay and Forrest in the end. He’s definitely needing to do more, no doubt, but can’t agree Boyce did better in his fleeting performance.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Classic kickback: player plays well against us, so now we should be signing him. Mental

You didn’t think I was being serious did you?

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I would say Shankland won his fair share of headers in the first half and competed well. County isolated him, but that made more space for McKay and Forrest in the end. He’s definitely needing to do more, no doubt, but can’t agree Boyce did better in his fleeting performance.

Fair enough mate. We all see things differently 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You didn’t think I was being serious did you?

I really hope not. We cannot sign someone because they play well once against us

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I really hope not. We cannot sign someone because they play well once against us

The guy has just signed for County on loan, we can’t just sign a player in that position, I thought that was understood.

16 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

They are two different players Shanklands movement is on another level to Boyce, its the players around him that need to give him service.

He is also a far better finisher.

LogicalEric

Definitely needing someone in the centre of midfield/forward thinking player. Fair few  times we got forward today and the lack of runners/options was terrible. 

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Definitely needing someone in the centre of midfield/forward thinking player. Fair few  times we got forward today and the lack of runners/options was terrible. 

Where are the modern day Hartley or Cameron.

Are the being coached out of the game.

13 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

We need Speed and power in forward areas 

Very noticeable today, need a runner from centre mid.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
52 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Boyce played much deeper.

They are different players at different stages in their careers playing subtly different positions. 

You can’t describe Boyce as a striker these days with the way he plays and his scoring record.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No.

They are too expensive for us though.

The Grim Reaper
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Need a cm because throwing Smith in just won't work

Don’t we have one in Grant? Bizarre decision not to start him.    

Jambo 4 Ever
50 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Today showed we still need a key quality signing in each 3rd of the pitch.

So that’s 3 signings minimum or I would become a little concerned about us having the numbers and quality in maintaining our position.

Atleast 3 i agree

Boyce isn’t good enough 

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce played much deeper.

They are different players at different stages in their careers playing subtly different positions. 

You can’t describe Boyce as a striker these days with the way he plays and his scoring record.

Neither will score many playing up front isolated like they did for most of the game today.

Boyce scored 16 goals last season which is more than shanklsnd has ever scored in the top flight so I’m not quite sure how you can say he isn’t a striker. 

Tommy Brown
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No.

They are too expensive for us though.

Hartley was peanuts and frankly we done well to get Cameron for a low fee.

Are there similar type players at similar careeer tage. I honestly don't know.

I would like to think Grant is in this role and felt McEneff could have have been.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The guy has just signed for County on loan, we can’t just sign a player in that position, I thought that was understood.

You know what I meant. The premise we should be after said player because of one good game against us. Happens most games we don’t play as well,

colinmorewasgash
52 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Well some teams still have them old firm for instance, however Sir Bob likes his two holding midfielders style similar to Southgate 3 at back 2 fullbacks and 2 holders. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
54 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Neither will score many playing up front isolated like they did for most of the game today.

Boyce scored 16 goals last season which is more than shanklsnd has ever scored in the top flight so I’m not quite sure how you can say he isn’t a striker. 

Robbie recognised that - it wasn’t a tactic. He specifically mentioned that the team weren’t close enough to Shankland in the first half. 

Robbie didn’t instruct the players to isolate him.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Robbie recognised that - it wasn’t a tactic. He specifically mentioned that the team weren’t close enough to Shankland in the first half. 

True, but the two sitting midfielders is chronic, particularly against the likes of Ross County. 

1 hour ago, feej said:

Very noticeable today, need a runner from centre mid.

32 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hartley was peanuts and frankly we done well to get Cameron for a low fee.

Are there similar type players at similar careeer tage. I honestly don't know.

I would like to think Grant is in this role and felt McEneff could have have been.

Tin hat on. But I was in the pro-Levitt camp. Not just because he scored today.

I commented before what Impressed me with him last season as how he would drive through the centre carrying the ball. Be willing to take on a man even through the middle, was noticeably different from other cm in the league.

He scored another from outside the box today.

Like Forrest it would've picked up the best of the rest from our league. Personally feel we missed a trick not getting him.

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d assumed it wasn’t a tactic and we just didn’t play very well. Main thing is we won the points 

18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Tin hat on. But I was in the pro-Levitt camp. Not just because he scored today.

I commented before what Impressed me with him last season as how he would drive through the centre carrying the ball. Be willing to take on a man even through the middle, was noticeably different from other cm in the league.

He scored another from outside the box today.

Like Forrest it would've picked up the best of the rest from our league. Personally feel we missed a trick not getting him.

I'm still waiting on the real quality coming in and those with European experience but I don't think it's gonna happen. Today showed we need better at the back, middle and up top. 

Just now, feej said:

I'm still waiting on the real quality coming in and those with European experience but I don't think it's gonna happen. Today showed we need better at the back, middle and up top. 

And we should have been all over Levitt at that price.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***