*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Not a massively exciting one on paper but Blackburn fans were at least split on keeping him based on this so maybe he has something about him.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yes, I know Simms plays for Sunderland now, I just don’t know why you’re asking me how that’s worked out for me?

Mr Elwood P
14 hours ago, feej said:

According to someone on here earlier Joe said on Hearts TV, looking to get 2 more so to me that doesn't really sound like enough to really take us to the next level.

Which is?

14 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can someone clarify what the next level is for a club like hearts? The term has been thrown about a lot, our last home result against county was a 0-0 draw, we won 2-1 today so is that not an improvement?

I’ve always thought of it as consistency. A club our size shouldn’t ever be finishing outside huge top 6 let alone being relegated twice in the last 10 years (albeit under to some extent external circumstances). 

So consistently finishing 3rd, pushing towards the end phase of both cups (semi finals) and adding to the coefficient in Europe 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Which is?

Adding better players, those  players that have better game management,  awareness and intelligence. 

9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Not a massively exciting one on paper but Blackburn fans were at least split on keeping him based on this so maybe he has something about him.

Someone obviously sees something in this guy. Maybe a hidden gem just waiting to be uncovered.  I reckon Noe Savage will have seen him play and have some faith that this might well be another revelation.

15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Thank goodness we are not after Harry Chapman.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Someone obviously sees something in this guy. Maybe a hidden gem just waiting to be uncovered.  I reckon Noe Savage will have seen him play and have some faith that this might well be another revelation.

What sort of player is Davenport? His goal scoring record doesn’t exactly suggest a box-to-box or a 10. I know Robbie loves a defensive midfielder, but surely we have enough of those?

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which is?

Finish 3rd more than 2 seasons in a row and get to more cup finals?

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’ve always thought of it as consistency. A club our size shouldn’t ever be finishing outside huge top 6 let alone being relegated twice in the last 10 years (albeit under to some extent external circumstances). 

So consistently finishing 3rd, pushing towards the end phase of both cups (semi finals) and adding to the coefficient in Europe 

I maintain that we were only relegated once. Yes, we were shocking 2 years ago, but bottom with a quarter of the season unplayed isn’t the same as bottom at season’s end. In one of the English leagues (either the EPL or Championship, I can’t recall now) none of the 3 teams occupying the relegation spots when our league was stopped actually went down.

Post-admin, we had a 20-point penalty and had to play a U21 side. We were doomed from the start (though, to be fair, it was our own fault, and there was no complaining, unlike the fiasco 2 years ago)

11 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

What sort of player is Davenport? His goal scoring record doesn’t exactly suggest a box-to-box or a 10. I know Robbie loves a defensive midfielder, but surely we have enough of those?

Of course we do with Haring, Halliday, Devlin, Smith and even Beni all classed as defensive mids. We need another in the same mould as Grant.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We only have Devlin, Haring and Beni who are good enough to play defensive midfield, as yesterday clearly demonstrated. We need another player in there.

22 minutes ago, feej said:

Adding better players, those  players that have better game management,  awareness and intelligence. 

Forrest, Grant and Shankland are better players ..

The White Cockade
14 hours ago, feej said:

we're being told by Robbie and Joe it's better quality they want to improve all over the pitch, to me and this is my personal opinion I've not seen anyone coming in that's better than what we've lost or better than is already here.

Forrest and Grant look a lot better than GMS and Gino to me Rowles better than Moore 

Simms a big loss but Shankland will score goals if we start playing more positively and get some decent balls in to him 

Could do with a couple of decent signings still but the Ikf Firm still out of sight at the moment budget wise so another good third will do me as there will be more of a challenge from the others this year I think 

Mr Elwood P
30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Get to more cup finals than 3 Scottish Cup finals over 4 years?

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We only have Devlin, Haring and Beni who are good enough to play defensive midfield, as yesterday clearly demonstrated. We need another player in there.

Forrest, Grant and Shankland are better players ..

I'm not convinced with Haring, too slow, too many of his passes were easily read and cut out by their midfielders y'day, Beni's the man for that position but until he comes back we need better.

Need an organiser at the back, too many times we're caught out with the ball over the top, teams with better strikers will punish us for that.

Let's see what turns up in the next week or two.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

3 out of the last 4 not good enough?

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Based how things have been with the EEN and signings, I think a high chance he will be a Hearts player in a couple of days. I have suspected the clubs give them info when it's all wrapped up.

He's, Jake the peg with a magic left leg.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That my opinion 

What it is your opinion? 75% not good enough in the Scottish Cup? Is that your opinion?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Australis said:

He's, Jake the peg with a magic left leg.

Continuing our Australian connection,  Davenport a city in Tasmania?

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, feej said:

I'm not convinced with Haring, too slow, too many of his passes were easily read and cut out by their midfielders y'day, Beni's the man for that position but until he comes back we need better.

Need an organiser at the back, too many times we're caught out with the ball over the top, teams with better strikers will punish us for that.

Let's see what turns up in the next week or two.

Yesterday was an eye opener for me. Particularly in the first half. He isn’t the most mobile. 

County were athletic and fast and he looked yards off the pace. 

I've said it before, but Haring didn't look like he was getting a new deal until Beni's injury, and when he did it was only one year with the option of another.

Someone suggested the CM signing would be a loan to cover for Baningime's injury, but I see this as effectively Haring's role. I think the intention was always to bring in another first choice level CM with Haring dropping down the pecking order and possibly moving on. Beni's injury has just delayed that.

He had a poor game yesterday but I like him as a player. A good squad option but not first choice when everyone is fit for me.

The intensity from Beni and Devlin was a key part of our team identity last season and some of that can be lost with Haring there. You certainly can't pair him with Smith in our system and expect it to work.

42 minutes ago, H.M.F.C1874 said:

Personally, I would say going up to the ‘next level’ would entail closing the gap on the top two. 

The next level is establishing being 3rd best, then look to close the gap over the next 4/5 seasons

11 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Yes defo 😁 joe oot bob oot all oot, the so called upgrade in quality we were promised in May and head start on rivals we had once we clinched 3rd hasn't materialised we lack pace and drive at times. Midfield of Smith and Haring jeez it wasn't Stoke Res this week, thats bad state of affairs plus to many mixed messages between him and Bob. Joe we are looking to bring in an attacking midfielder centre back and pacy striker I want to challenge for league, Bob we are looking at another holding player and (centre back better than wright) then not bothered about centre back and attacking player we will rotate and hope to get top 4 again. Be nice to get midfielder with drive from midfield or with energy who then has a dig when we bring in someone who we are told are supposed to do this such as lee and mceneff 🤣🤣🤣 and various others we move them wide or play them too deep. We don't score enough goals from midfield and we need a physical striker in this league most teams have one in their team preferably with a bit pace too. I think fact Bob is here for next 3 years there is no way Budge or board will sack oor Bob even if we were struggling, Joe will end up back with Alex Neil at some stage unless he gets sacked at Mackems before then. As he states I recommend players its then up to Robert and board next. Utd looked decent today and Ross has brought in some good signings levitt is a steal, Sheep brag they are now worldbeaters and we have deluded bunch saying they ll be 3rd we defo need more bodies in asap or Joe oot 😂😂🙈🍻. 50 years of following famous same story when have decent season we lose players promise world and quality upgrades and have mediocre follow up due to europe as squads too small but we dont push on it never happens often other teams get wise we won't push boat out they splash dosh and we end up mid table below the rival teams. How many seasons is it now we seem to need new strikers every year and im sure if we had got Simms with Shankland, Boyce would have been punted no smoke without fire. Has anyone saw this invisible striker Bob mentioned other day Henderson recently or headless chicken Gino. Anyway FTH we won but need to improve asap. The prob Bob has is that unless he starts to win at Easter Road which he hasn't done yet or win a major trophy which I can't see ever happening hes too negative to go for it, fanbase is split. 3rd place cup final and folk still not fully behind him. A few bad results and phoodle out will start again. Hes a steady manager but wd any other manager have got even more out of the squad in last year again who knows. Lets blame Joe. 😄

That was not Stokes reserves 

22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I've said it before, but Haring didn't look like he was getting a new deal until Beni's injury, and when he did it was only one year with the option of another.

Someone suggested the CM signing would be a loan to cover for Baningime's injury, but I see this as effectively Haring's role. I think the intention was always to bring in another first choice level CM with Haring dropping down the pecking order and possibly moving on. Beni's injury has just delayed that.

He had a poor game yesterday but I like him as a player. A good squad option but not first choice when everyone is fit for me.

The intensity from Beni and Devlin was a key part of our team identity last season and some of that can be lost with Haring there. You certainly can't pair him with Smith in our system and expect it to work.

Correct.

13 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The next level is establishing being 3rd best, then look to close the gap over the next 4/5 seasons

What happened to us wanting to get a couple of players in with European experience??

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Simms didn't make it off the bench for Sunderland today.

Good. Hope he stays there all season. He can rot. Chosing shite like Sunderland over European football he can lie in his own pish. 

I’m not bitter. At all. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

54 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yesterday was an eye opener for me. Particularly in the first half. He isn’t the most mobile. 

County were athletic and fast and he looked yards off the pace. 

I was disappointed to see him, Smith and Sibbick starting y'day. 

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What happened to us wanting to get a couple of players in with European experience??

Maybe Shankland could be classed as one but yes was hoping to see a couple come in. Still time I suppose.

41 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Got to agree with this, not slating any player but was pretty galling to start season with Smith and Haring in Central midfield shows where the squad is with all the games that will be coming our way.

CloustonHMFC

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Good. Hope he stays there all season. He can rot. Chosing shite like Sunderland over European football he can lie in his own pish. 

I’m not bitter. At all. 

I doubt he choose Sunderland over us. More likely Everton gave him the choice of clubs who they felt gave them the best financially suitable loan offer and he choose from there. We would not have made that cut.

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’m not bitter. At all. 

I suspect both he and Everton will regret choosing Sunderland as his destination.

20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’m not sure we have signed anyone since, still a month to go 

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I suspect both he and Everton will regret choosing Sunderland as his destination.

The guy signed for them 2 days ago, he’s likely only briefly trained with the team, if at all. It was probably 50/50 whether he would be on the bench, I certainly wouldn’t read how his season is going to go based on today’s game.

26 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Neilson never said with European experience he said experienced. No mention of Europe 

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Got to agree with this, not slating any player but was pretty galling to start season with Smith and Haring in Central midfield shows where the squad is with all the games that will be coming our way.

Prior to yesterday I thought we were at least 3 players away from a workable squad now I think it may be 4 or 5.

The financial bonanza from Group stage European football should really offer us a chance to take a game changing step forward in the quality of the squad.

However on the evidence of yesterday it's arguable whether we have even maintained last season's level.

It's also worrying how threadbare the squad is, with us not able to fill the bench for game 1 when the incredibly arduous marathon of 9 Thursday - Sundays hasn't even started.

Was at the plot ceremony today. 3 things I took away from it.

1. Robbie wants 2 more signings.

2. Robbie contacted AB once he won the title with Dundee Utd to tell her he wanted to come back to Hearts.

3. The club are running at least one European charter flight.

Plot ceremony expertly hosted by Garry Halliday and Ann Budge

Edited by ShedBoy

52 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’m not bitter. At all. 

Tbf, from our perspective, that could be perfect. Laddie is tried and tested in Scotland, so we know he'd do a good job here. If the Sunderland deal turns out to be a bad for him then stick a cheeky bid in for him next summer and see where the chips land. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

02919620-2406-420D-ADA1-672811A12BDD.thumb.webp.5512ac273509ae01cff6aad9882144cc.webp

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Was at the plot ceremony today. 3 things I took away from it.

1. Robbie wants 2 more signings.

2. Robbie contacted AB once he won the title with Dundee Utd to tell her he wanted to come back to Hearts.

3. The club are running at least one European charter flight.

Plot ceremony expertly hosted by Garry Halliday and Ann Budge

Was Robbie at plot ceremony today ?

59 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I doubt he choose Sunderland over us. More likely Everton gave him the choice of clubs who they felt gave them the best financially suitable loan offer and he choose from there. We would not have made that cut.

They chose money over progressing his career 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***