• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d rather get to a final as you then have a chance of winning a trophy. 

When you are there, understandably, when you lose its not a success. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

On 31 August 2017, Lee joined an Italian club Hellas Verona on a four-year deal, for a fee of €1.5 million. Barcelona retained the option to repurchase him until 2019 for an undisclosed fee.[12]

On 24 September, he made his Serie A debut for Verona in the second half of the game against Lazio.[13] On 6 May 2018, he scored his first Serie A goal in an away match against Milan, but his team lost 4–1.[11]

Verona was relegated to the Serie B by finishing the league in 19th place. He scored one goal and provided two assists during 27 appearances in the 2018–19 Serie B. Verona was promoted to the Serie A by winning the promotion play-offs,[14] but he was excluded from Verona's plan for the next season.

Sint-TruidenEdit

On 30 August 2019, Lee joined Belgian First Division A side Sint-Truiden.[15] He was excluded from the list of the squad for twelve consecutive matches, and this situation caused much controversy in South Korea.[16][17] His name was on the list for the first time against Genk on 29 November,[18] and he made his Belgian league debut against Waasland-Beverenon 26 December.[19] He finished his first season due to early termination of the Belgian league caused by the COVID-19 pandemic after making only four appearances.[20]

On 13 September 2020, he scored his first and second goal for Sint-Truiden against Royal Antwerp, but his team lost 3–2 despite his two goals.[21]However, he failed to score in six games where he played as a starter excluding a game against Antwerp, and his team also did not get a victory at the same time.[22] When he was being excluded from the squad again, some South Korean journalists recommended playing in South Korea to him.[22]

Loan to PortimonenseEdit

On 1 February 2021, Lee joined Primeira Liga side Portimonense on a six-month loan deal with an option to buy.[23] He had difficulty in leaving special impression on the new club. He left Portimonense after the end of his contract.

Guy is 24, played for Barcelona B, in Serie A, the Jupiler League and Primeira Liga in Portugal. Maybe not as much as he’d like, but still young. Also can 11 caps for South Korea, who are a pretty quality side these days. And when back in the K-League his goal scoring record is 1 in 2. Definite talent and potential. Only worries may be physical side of the game for his size and settling in Scotland I would suspect.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very, very briefly. 

Tidy on the ball. Similar build, maybe a bit taller to Devlin. Combative but forward thinking. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

This is the best I can do, based on his time with Burton in the Championship a few years ago.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16332383.complete-lowdown-rovers-new-boy-jacob-davenport/

“He had a real impact on performances at Burton. The club was on a low ebb when he joined as they had had a terrible January but he made his debut at Villa Park and was one of the best players on the pitch.

“He was very composed and he more than held his own.

“He was virtually an ever present after that.

“He tended to play deep at Burton as one of three central midfielders and he has an excellent range of passing and is capable of linking play between defence and attack.

“He was consistent in his performances and the supporters were huge fans of his, I am sure if Burton had stayed up then they would have made attempts to bring him back on loan.

“He was excited to play senior football and I think he proved he was more than capable of playing at Championship level."

Thanks for that. Interesting reading. He seems similar to Beni, talented but hampered by injury.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why we excited about this and not Davenport.

Just checking before I comment….

Because he has.played at a higher level and for me, we need more attacking players, not another DM 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

See my last post above, I suspect as he’s an Ex-Barcelona youth who has played in some of Europe’s best leagues and has a great record in the K-League and is a South Korean international. Whereas Davenport is a player that was an ex-Man City youth, yes, but just got released by Blackburn for his injury record. I think it’s fairly reasonable to be more excited by one and not the other.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I'm excited about both. I just can't make a Ric Flair pun with Davenport's name.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Korean Barrie McKay 

Huge front line inc Forrest 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Dia Liom said:

Or the next Choulay

Good balance or pissing on the chips?????

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems the journalist is legitimate. Wonder how long this would take to put in place 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Aye but is he as good as Callum Paterson? 

His goal celebrations aren't a patch on Dr Funk's

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Worth saying that the article says his team aren't likely to let him go as it's the middle of the season over there.

Obviously can’t read Korean myself, so do have to wonder how we can offer a 3 year deal to someone if they’re under contract and the team is unwilling to let him go. You’d imagine we’d have to have had a bid accepted to even be in a position to offer a deal?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ok. He didn’t seem to do that well previously though.

And Davenport came from the Man City youth teams and has been hampered by injury as well.

So, why the excitement? 

Davenport hasn’t had that different a career trajectory to Beni either.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Worth saying that the article says his team aren't likely to let him go as it's the middle of the season over there.

That old chestnut 

You’d have thought we’d have learned our lesson after last time in Japan… 🙄

IMPORTANT: Reports indicate that Hearts 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 would have provided an offer for attacker Lee Seung-woo (24) 🇰🇷 of Suwon FC.

Lee has 10G with 2A in the current K League 1 🇰🇷 campaign and also has a well-known track record on the European continent.

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Interesting week ahead.

Let's hope we ain't waiting too long.

Wai-Too Lon  ?    If that another Korean we're linked with, you've just shot to number one  in the  ITK poster list.  😃

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Obviously can’t read Korean myself, so do have to wonder how we can offer a 3 year deal to someone if they’re under contract and the team is unwilling to let him go. You’d imagine we’d have to have had a bid accepted to even be in a position to offer a deal?

There’s a translate option on the website that does a half decent job.

DB78A126-311F-428A-B30C-CCC724411EEF.jpeg

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

And Davenport came from the Man City youth teams and has been hampered by injury as well.

So, why the excitement? 

To add onto what I’ve already said (including the part about being capped 11 times by his country and his goals ratio at his current club being 1 in 2), he’s an attacking player - which for whatever reason people always get more excited about than any other position. And people are not getting that excited about Davenport as he’s just come off an injury (again) and has had so few appearances you can’t even find an obligatory YouTube video. Davenport might be closer, but there’s much less to know about him than Seung-woo. It’s a perfectly normal response, to be honest.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So, why the excitement? 

International footballer, for a decent national team?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Excited by this . (If true)

Google the journalist, seems to be a reporter in that zone. Imagine there will be truth, but at what point the transfer is at, won't hold my breath. 

Imagine he will have decent points total for a permit, they all seem to get one anyway I suppose 

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

😂 said this the other day when he had published something when appeared online

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

To add onto what I’ve already said (including the part about being capped 11 times by his country and his goals ratio at his current club being 1 in 2), he’s an attacking player - which for whatever reason people always get more excited about than any other position. And people are not getting that excited about Davenport as he’s just come off an injury (again) and has had so few appearances you can’t even find an obligatory YouTube video. Davenport might be closer, but there’s much less to know about him than Seung-woo. It’s a perfectly normal response, to be honest.

Hmm. Your posts don't really reflect that he couldn't get near a game latterly in Belgium and he got a combined 30 minutes when he was on loan in Portugal. He's done well in the K League but I'm not sure how the standard compares. There's got to be a question mark over whether he's suited to Europe either way given that he's been frozen out and released by every club he's played for here.

Not commenting on whether he'd be a good signing or not, or whether we should be more or less excited about him than about Davenport. Just adding some balance.

23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That old chestnut 

You’d have thought we’d have learned our lesson after last time in Japan… 🙄

What's the lesson to be learned?

jamboinglasgow

Interesting one, he was one of the reasons that Barca got a transfer ban for breaking signing players from other countries under the age of 18.

The fact its talking about us offering him a 3 year contract sounds like we are not required to pay a fee. Also saw someone who reports on the Korean league reply to HMFC France that he would be a bit stupid to move as he has only just got a great run of form after 3 months.

He also was part of the Asian Games team that won in 2018 which got them exemption from national service.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting, article seems to suggest talks took place on 31 March. Perhaps agreement to leave him in Korea until European football was played. 

Just guesswork, however Baz I doubt would go to print without some substance..

....or would you Baz, we know that you are reading  :wink:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting one, he was one of the reasons that Barca got a transfer ban for breaking signing players from other countries under the age of 18.

The fact its talking about us offering him a 3 year contract sounds like we are not required to pay a fee. Also saw someone who reports on the Korean league reply to HMFC France that he would be a bit stupid to move as he has only just got a great run of form after 3 months.

He also was part of the Asian Games team that won in 2018 which got them exemption from national service.

Suspect the lad would welcome playing in front of a crowd judging by his personality there

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Probably because he was sent off last week.

Making sure he got an earlier flight 

19 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Google the journalist, seems to be a reporter in that zone. Imagine there will be truth, but at what point the transfer is at, won't hold my breath. 

Imagine he will have decent points total for a permit, they all seem to get one anyway I suppose 

👍 

Ccjambo1874

Could we see the changing of the thread title to Hearts sign Messi (Korean)? Something none of us would ever have thought be the case.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***