Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Say the word "rational."

Say the word "rationale."

If you still haven't got it,  audio costs extra.

See what you've started. 😁😉

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It shouldn’t. Everyone in a maroon shirt on Wednesday should get 100% support from the home fans. 

This.......

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It shouldn’t. Everyone in a maroon shirt on Wednesday should get 100% support from the home fans. 

This. It shouldn't even need to be said.

Thought sicknote had an ankle injury anyway. 

Or was it the kind of ankle injury that keeps you from being cup tied for your new employer and able to play in a game to help take points of your new employers closest rivals. 

I was hoping he'd be away by now. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Or was it the kind of ankle injury that keeps you from being cup tied for your new employer and able to play in a game to help take points of your new employers closest rivals. 

Vlad Flu

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It is about Hearts v Celtic. And whatever rod in his own back he is a Hearts player.

Why would Celtic fans be booing him any more than any other Hearts player?

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Would your opinion change if it was Hibs and not Sevco he was signing for? Obviously assuming they offered the exact same deal as Sevco. Don't try and get out on a Hibs won't get into Europe or another technicality.

Simple Yes or No answer please, if John Souttar was signing under the exact same circumstances for Hibs and not Sevco would you be prepared to boo him?

No

3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

:berra:      

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

You have to be kidding, 

3 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Whether it is true or not, is not the point. The point is it could be true and that is game over

Okay so you’re speculating that Rangers asked or told us NOT to play Souttar yesterday and asked or told us to play him against Celtic. Yes I suppose that could be true. It could also be untrue. in the absence of evidence I’m opining that it’s nonsense. I’m also opining that even if we had been asked or told by Rangers to play or not play Souttar we’d have answered with two words, the second word being “OFF” Game over.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Souttar will be a rangers player soon. 

Celtic have a rivalry with Rangers. 

Look it up, it's quite a big one. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 22/01/2022 at 10:25, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Is it? I am so pissed at what we’ve done. Last year we sued because of what Scottish football illegally did to us in demoting us. Hearts made a statement after the court case.

Today we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts.

That went out the window this morning. That statement was a lie. Other Hearts fans can look at what happened this morning with Souttar anyway they see fit. That’s their prerogative. I’ll stand by my own belief that we cowed down to them until such times as the window ends with him still here. There is not a chance in hell he is injured as I write this.

On 22/01/2022 at 09:59, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Said it last week, said it again this morning and I’ll say it again now that the game is done.

Hearts are Newco’s bitches just like every other Scottish team bar one. We deserve everything we NEVER get from the SFA, Scottish football sports media and any other entity who wants to rub it in our faces. We caved to another team on their asking. 

Bumping this until we get the truth. Could be a while.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Your second sentence is spot on imo.

In fact, wouldn't be half surprised if we aren't expecting the 500k bid imminently considering we just knocked back 300k for him recently.

Entirely possible that scummy shower told Neilson pre Auchinleck tie, not to play him, and on the basis that a higher bid may be made. 

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like he did yesterday?
His ankle/Achilles is made of chocolate, he might not even be fit by then. 

Don't think he was needed on Sat do you? There will be changes to the team that faces celtic.  He will be one of them 👍

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

To boo or not to boo. That is the question.

Vlad Shakespeare 2022.

Hearts fans won't boo Souttar on Wednesday. Different situation to last week in that folk have made their feelings known and we are playing Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hearts fans won't boo Souttar on Wednesday. Different situation to last week in that folk have made their feelings known and we are playing Celtic. 

Surely the fans have made their point now. We've let JS know how we feel. If he plays on Wednesday he should be treated the same as any other Hearts player. 

After that he should GTF to Ibrox as fast as his legs will carry him. 

As long as we get our asking price of course. 

DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! 😁

Was told by a Rangers fan yesterday that Rangers want him this window and did indeed ask that he not play in the SC. He said Rangers are offering players and that the sticking point was Hearts not fancying Barker due to wage demands and being quite shite (although fast but we’ve already got one of those in Ginnelly) and a kid called Kelly (whom I don’t know) seemingly wanting to go to England rather than stay up here. 
He’ll seemingly still be here on Wednesday to face Celtic whether a deal has been agreed or not. We’ll see…

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Was told by a Rangers fan yesterday that Rangers want him this window and did indeed ask that he not play in the SC. He said Rangers are offering players and that the sticking point was Hearts not fancying Barker due to wage demands and being quite shite (although fast but we’ve already got one of those in Ginnelly) and a kid called Kelly (whom I don’t know) seemingly wanting to go to England rather than stay up here. 
He’ll seemingly still be here on Wednesday to face Celtic whether a deal has been agreed or not. We’ll see…

FFS they are behaving like second hand car dealers haggling over a part exchange. Cash will be fine, no heed to help clean up SEVCO mistakes by taking those that didn't make it.

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

FFS they are behaving like second hand car dealers haggling over a part exchange. Cash will be fine, no heed to help clean up SEVCO mistakes by taking those that didn't make it.

Heard from a Rangers fan…

😉

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Heard from a Rangers fan…

😉

Christ, even when you shout at the top of a post, folk want to have a pop. I’m taking it with the same pinch of salt as you. Why would I lie or care about where this saga goes from here? I’d never even heard of the guy Kelly and still have no idea who he is.

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Christ, even when you shout at the top of a post, folk want to have a pop. I’m taking it with the same pinch of salt as you. Why would I lie or care about where this saga goes from here? I’d never even heard of the guy Kelly and still have no idea who he is.

He isn't having a pop, precious, he didn't even reply to you. He's reminding the poster who's taken it as gospel.

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Calm down. 😄

If I was having a pop I would have replied to you. I was just re-inforcing your scepticism. 😉

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Surely the fans have made their point now. We've let JS know how we feel. If he plays on Wednesday he should be treated the same as any other Hearts player. 

After that he should GTF to Ibrox as fast as his legs will carry him. 

As long as we get our asking price of course. 

I'm pretty sure he'll play and I also think it'll be his last game. Fans will be fine on Wednesday, not saying there wont be the odd shout here and there but won't be much.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Calm down. 😄

If I was having a pop I would have replied to you. I was just re-inforcing your scepticism. 😉

Aye, fair enough. 👍

It’s early on a Monday yet. 😁

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He isn't having a pop, precious, he didn't even reply to you. He's reminding the poster who's taken it as gospel.

Take the word precious out and it’s a fair post. 

35 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I read a report online this morning saying that we want over £600k for him or he is going nowhere until June. That is what the stumbling block is as they are tight fisted and don't want to pay that sort of money for a few months.

53 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Hearing Celtic have told us not to play him against them, what do we do now ? 

Cant keep them both happy oh dear !

Rangers offering £300k for him to go now and Celtic offering us £350k to keep him and play him on Wednesday.

Deal or No Deal.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read a report online this morning saying that we want over £600k for him or he is going nowhere until June. That is what the stumbling block is as they are tight fisted and don't want to pay that sort of money for a few months.

They just don't want a rival to them in Scotland getting a fair price and strengthening. If it was a player from outside Scotland then they'd stump up no bother.

You forget the players Rangers have on huge wages nowhere near the first team while 80m losses are reported. Bless. 

No requirement to sell from Hearts end. Carry on.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Don't think he was needed on Sat do you? There will be changes to the team that faces celtic.  He will be one of them 👍

No he wasn’t, but you said the manager would play his strongest team and he didn’t on Saturday. 
He does need to make a few changes as we have 5 games in 14 days I think. 

MarkDevriesScores4

I hope if rangers offered Barker that hearts laughed in their face.

he’s dogmince. We have significantly better and he is not needed.

34 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They just don't want a rival to them in Scotland getting a fair price and strengthening. If it was a player from outside Scotland then they'd stump up no bother.

Different story when one of their players moves on they always demand way over what they are ever prepared to pay any Scottish Club for a player they want.

On a side note and it might have been mentioned, but to put these same league January precontracts, there’s a player at St Johnstone on loan from St Mirren, StJ have signed him on a PCA so STM have recalled him and if StJ want him now they need to pay for him. What an absolute farce.

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...sooooooooo, his sair ankle healed up well? 🤣

Basically saying  he trusts in Souttar in training and on the pitch till the end of the season, if required. 300k, I mean where do you start?

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

But sure as night turns to day they’ll moan the competition isn’t strong enough in Scotland to prepare them for Europe. 

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Hardly surprising though, since  their chairman is a second hand car dealer. 😃