Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I still get depressed when I recall Ralph Callachan getting sold to Newcastle then six months or so later moving to Hibs. And let’s not talk about Eamonn Bannon… 🧐

Yes, agreed  - but they (and Cammy Fraser) were pretty much the only good young sellable players we had, at a time when the club was heading south financially (not for the first or last time).   

Eamonn  was a bit unlucky at Chelsea - apart from him not being ready for top-flight English football,  Danny Blanchflower got sacked a few months after signing him.

Sad to say, Eddie Turnbull & Jim McLean were very astute managers when it came to identifying players to improve their teams.       I reckon if Wallace Mercer hadn't made the swift approach to Newcastle to buy Robbo back in 1988, Hibs or the OF would have done it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

His presence brings negative vibes. We don't need the distraction. Rangers want him now and we're happy to get rid if the price is right. Hopefully it will be done by midweek so we can get with more important business.

If not, I'm sure he will give 100% until the end of the season and will help us to European football and cup glory. 

Both have their positives.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Like it or not if he plays he will deservingly get stick from fans.

We will abuse a Hearts player in a game against Celtic? Wow.

20 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I was merely quoting you 

That is a lie. You added a comment. I am not surprised you want that bit forgotten.  The reason you want your comment to my post forgotten is because it meant nothing, added nothing and was inane.    

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If he plays, you do realise that he'll get roundly boooed by the Celtic fans on Wednesday ?  And you think we should join in ?      A sort of Hearts-Celtic love-in  ?   Seriously ? 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

If he plays, you do realise that he'll get roundly boooed by the Celtic fans on Wednesday ?  And you think we should join in ?      A sort of Hearts-Celtic love-in  ?   Seriously ? 

Yep. It's one big mess. 

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Feel free to join in with the mhanks jeering him good stuff 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Could get really confusing for him. Maybe we could do a different noise from them. They could booo and we could mooo or cooo. 

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He could score a hat trick and still not be a hero I’m afraid, he’s sold his soul and will hopefully be gone sooner rather than later. 

Hero might be too strong a description for any of our outfield players, tbf   But if he scores the winner against Celtic (like he did last time), I dare you to boooooo    :jambobanana:  

Francis Albert
Just now, McCrae said:

Do you really think this won’t happen?

I would hope it wouldn't but going by this bizarre thread I would not rule it out. It would be a new low point for Hearts fans but that is just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

He made the rod for his own back and could easily have avoided this. Total lack of respect for the club for allowing his news to be made public before the end of the season.

We are in a dammed if you do dammed if you don’t scenario.

I feel playing him against Celtic gives us a better chance of a win, but for as long as Rangers are comfortable he will keep getting game time then they won’t stump up the fee. If he is likely to sit out or on the bench till the summer then they are more likely to pay.

For me he has to sit out and we move on, move Smith in or play Moore. If Rangers still don’t pay the fee come Feburary then we can reassess as to when we use him.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Feel free to join in with the mhanks jeering him good stuff 

I wouldn't get at Hearts fans for this. We don't like it and venting should be understood. let's not get at each other for that. There is way to much getting at Hearts supporters on here when we get a bit exited about one thing or another. There are far to many so called Hearts supporters on here that will jump at the chance to go after us when we do that on here. It needs to be seen for what it is and stopped. 

54 minutes ago, Jangling Jack said:

Fed up hearing about/talking about/reading about/thinking about this prick. I'm at the stage now that I just want him out of our club, fee or not. He wasn't missed in the slightest yesterday.

He's a Hun killing time. Get him tae. 

That's what they want us to do. Patience. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I feel playing him against Celtic gives us a better chance of a win, but for as long as Rangers are comfortable he will keep getting game time then they won’t stump up the fee. If he is likely to sit out or on the bench till the summer then they are more likely to pay.

For me he has to sit out and we move on, move Smith in or play Moore. If Rangers still don’t pay the fee come Feburary then we can re-asses as to when we use him.

Common sense 👍🏽

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

For me he has to sit out and we move on, move Smith in or play Moore. If Rangers still don’t pay the fee come Feburary then we can re-asses as to when we use him.

I agree. He is a distraction and should not play next week. A United support could make all the difference.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He made the rod for his own back and could easily have avoided this. Total lack of respect for the club for allowing his news to be made public before the end of the season.

It is about Hearts v Celtic. And whatever rod in his own back he is a Hearts player.

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Fans need to ask themselves - What is in the best interests of the club if we don't sell him and he continues to play? 

It's clearly not booing him. We want him to play well and help us achieve European football and a cup final. That's all that should matter to us as supporters. Nobody has to cheer him either as that just creates more negative vibes.

Don't let Rangers and John Souttar undermine the positive direction the club has been heading in. 

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree. He is a distraction and should not play next week. A United support could make all the difference.

For some a distraction.

For others forgotten.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

I wouldn't get at Hearts fans for this. We don't like it and venting should be understood. let's not get at each other for that. There is way to much getting at Hearts supporters on here when we get a bit exited about one thing or another. There are far to many so called Hearts supporters on here that will jump at the chance to go after us when we do that on here. It needs to be seen for what it is and stopped. 

The way that soapy has done things is wrong but I certainly won’t be joining in with those manky barstewards from the east end of the weege we need to get behind the team throughout the game and beat these crisp eaters 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We will abuse a Hearts player in a game against Celtic? Wow.

Done it many times if a player has been shit, joining in with them doing it is a different thing and I think it will stop our fans doing it if they do. 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

The way that soapy has done things is wrong but I certainly won’t be joining in with those manky barstewards from the east end of the weege we need to get behind the team throughout the game and beat these crisp eaters 

With bells on

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is about Hearts v Celtic. And whatever rod in his own back he is a Hearts player.

We all know that the support is divided on this and in these circumstances it’s best he doesn’t play.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

The way that soapy has done things is wrong but I certainly won’t be joining in with those manky barstewards from the east end of the weege we need to get behind the team throughout the game and beat these crisp eaters.  

😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Done it many times if a player has been shit, joining in with them doing it is a different thing and I think it will stop our fans doing it if they do. 

He won't be. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sake I’ve just scraned a packet of Spring Onion ☹️

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

There is crisps, and then there's Crisps. I am away for a shower. 

Edit, And brush my teeth. 

Edited by niblick1874

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We all know that the support is divided on this and in these circumstances it’s best he doesn’t play.

We want the points. Anything else is secondary. And that should determine the team selected. What sort of coach allows a section of fans to influence his selections against Celtic at Tynecastle?

3 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I am dyslexic. I am not stupid. Far from it. I take time out to try and get the spelling right. Sometimes I miss a letter or two. Did you think I didn't know the difference between the two words? Your replies could be taken as condescending. Were they?   

Edit. I am going to take it as you being helpful. I am going to be in a good mood for the rest of the day🙂

I'm not psychic.

You asked and I just replied.  Wasn't trying yo a smart arse.

I suppose that's what you get for simply taking things at face value.

11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

The type that eat crisps then wipe their hands on their trousers. Absolute filth. 😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

There is crisps, and then there's Crisps. I am away for a shower. 

Edit, And brush my teeth. 

Ok 👍🏽😂

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Rationa-al?

Say the word "rational."

Say the word "rationale."

If you still haven't got it,  audio costs extra.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

We want the points. Anything else is secondary. And that should determine the team selected. What sort of coach allows a section of fans to influence his selections against Celtic at Tynecastle?

Someone who recognises that it could put off the team. 

Just now, McCrae said:

Someone who recognises that it could put off the team. 

I think he has faith in the team. Atmosphere will be fantastic. Could be some night.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

I think he has faith in the team. Atmosphere will be fantastic. Could be some night.

I think we will win, with or without him.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The type that eat crisps then wipe their hands on their trousers. Absolute filth. 😂

Jersey for me

Just now, McCrae said:

I think we will win, with or without him.

Yep. We can put out a decent defence with or without him. Decent cover there. Our organisation and quality means we have every chance with a few breaks on the night and playing at our best.

13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm not psychic.

You asked and I just replied.  Wasn't trying yo a smart arse.

I suppose that's what you get for simply taking things at face value.

It is, and when not face to face, as in on here, some things don't get picked up the way they were intended. I like face to face and now we don't even have that, as in masks. I use my God given ability to think for myself. Stay free lad. 🙂  

Edited by niblick1874

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Say the word "rational."

Say the word "rationale."

If you still haven't got it,  audio costs extra.

I would say ration-al for rationale. It's the second 'a' in rationa-al that I'm finding hard to pronounce in my head, as though it's 4 syllables ra-tion-a-al.

Brick Tamland
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would hope it wouldn't but going by this bizarre thread I would not rule it out. It would be a new low point for Hearts fans but that is just my opinion.

Would your opinion change if it was Hibs and not Sevco he was signing for? Obviously assuming they offered the exact same deal as Sevco. Don't try and get out on a Hibs won't get into Europe or another technicality.

Simple Yes or No answer please, if John Souttar was signing under the exact same circumstances for Hibs and not Sevco would you be prepared to boo him?

Edited by Brick Tamland

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

So we have given them a lot more support than was planned. What was the point of reducing their allocation if a bunch of Hearts fans are going to join the unwashed in booing a player in a maroon jersey?  Some folk need to have a long hard think before Wednesday. 

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could get really confusing for him. Maybe we could do a different noise from them. They could booo and we could mooo or cooo. 

That post adds a lot to the discussion 

46 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do you really think this won’t happen?

It shouldn’t. Everyone in a maroon shirt on Wednesday should get 100% support from the home fans. 

13 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Would your opinion change if it was Hibs and not Sevco he was signing for? Obviously assuming they offered the exact same deal as Sevco. Don't try and get out on a Hibs won't get into Europe or another technicality.

Simple Yes or No answer please, if John Souttar was signing under the exact same circumstances for Hibs and not Sevco would you be prepared to boo him or still wish him all the best at his new club?

Interesting question.       But not entirely the same situation.  Hibs are our direct rival at our level, and don't pay the sort of wages which one of our players would jump at.    Like it or not, Rangers are a level above us in wages  and trophy-winning ability.

To answer your question though, I wouldn't play a player if he'd signed a PC for Hibs - largely to set an example to other players thinking of doing the same - and start giving game time to his replacement right away.  

The same "get-out" is available to Robbie now - but if Rangers don't come up with a decent offer in the next 9 days, he has to decide what to do with JS for the next 5 months.

Just a reminder - there's a big gulf between booing him and wishing him all the best at his new club.  I'm doing neither, thanks

Edited by Lone Striker