Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, frasermck11 said:

Don’t understand why people are so happy to bend over to Rangers and take a pittance for him. 

£500k is nothing and not worth entertaining. They must have plenty of money if they are able to take Diallo on loan from Man United so anything less than 7 figures shouldn’t be entertained. 

Last night showed that he’s not going to get hounded every week and is still capable of playing really well. So keep him till the end of his contract I say. 

500k isn't a pittance to us, if we finish third, 500k is quarter the prize money we'll win.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, Arfur said:

With Halkett potentially injured we should not be selling Soapy and if we do I hope the price has bumped up from 600k to at least 1m (maybe even with a loan of someone like Balogun for the rest of the season)

I agree, but I think the most we would be looking at is way short of your top estimate.

Edited by Busby8

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

500k isn't a pittance to us, if we finish third, 500k is quarter the prize money we'll win.

If would have to be more than the prize money to make it worthwhile. Sorry, at least 3 quarters of it.

Edited by Riccarton3

17 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seriously, I take back what I’ve said previously.  If soapy is going to put it on the line like he did tonight he is worth more than £500k to the end of the season.

£1mill or GTFO 

Assuming he goes and plays the 25(?) games for them that they might have left until the end of the season, that will be 40k a game they would be paying for him.... plus his salary.

As much as I'd like a mill from them, it's just not going to happen.

Edited by Busby8

4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Assuming he goes and plays the 25(?) games for them that they might have left until the end of the season, that will be 40k a game they would be paying for him.... plus his salary.

It may have dawned on rangers they are wasting their time

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If would have to be more than the prize money to make it worthwhile. Sorry, at least 3 quarters of it.

You also have to weigh up the fact that this is the only time we can get a % sell on clause on a future transfer. If he stays to the end of the season we've no say on any contract he agrees with Rangers as he's then a Free Agent.

It's a double edged sword right enough. 

13 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

You also have to weigh up the fact that this is the only time we can get a % sell on clause on a future transfer. If he stays to the end of the season we've no say on any contract he agrees with Rangers as he's then a Free Agent.

It's a thought. But I'd wager it wouldn't fit in with Rangers, erm,  principles. You can only trust the club to do the right thing here which is not forget the on pitch value of what you would lose months before you have to

Edited by Riccarton3

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

It’s a good point about the sell on clause, who knows what that could be worth, interesting few days ahead. 

37 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It may have dawned on rangers they are wasting their time

We have to bite the bullet, play him and hope that he's as professional as he has been for the last 2 games, right through to the end of the season.

Robbie seems to think he will be.

Finishing third prize money and European football will more than compensate for any pittance we are likley to receive for him now.

It's a gamble, but one that I'd like to see us take.... and we also set a precedent for der hun for any future shennanigans.

They've shafted us, or had a hand in shafting us with so many before.... McLaren, Wallace. Lafferty etc.... I think they even had a hand in Walker and Paul Ritchie stalling new contracts with us because they thought they were going there.

It's time to draw a line in the sand.

Edited by Busby8

No longer active
On 23/01/2022 at 11:27, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not sure. Not to sound nasty, but when was the last time he had a consistent 15-20 game run injury free for us? Souttar is a strong squad member, but if he leaves maybe Savage and co have a loan in the ilk of Branthwaite at Everton (not saying him, but of his ilk) that can add to the squad before bigger investment come summer. I think saving on his wages and getting him out the door so there’s no more distractions will probably help us more in the long run. If we get a fee on top of that, all the better. And we have to remember, I’m not sure how much we can expect to be paid for someone who only has 4 months left in his contract and a long list of severe injuries so far in his career. Especially from a team that already have a signed contract for his services in that 4 months time.

And now that injury we spoke about is here to haunt us. I think its more likely JS will stay til summer now

With the injuries Souttar is going nowhere. I have no doubt he will be a stand out for us until the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Costanza said:

Would piss myself laughing if Rangers decided not to cough up and wait to end of season and then lose CHs to injury and lose the league because of it.

We play him every game and get a guaranteed 8 games jn Europe, sign a quality replacement...then Souttar breaks down jn preseason and does a Prodan 

21 minutes ago, Bozi said:

We play him every game and get a guaranteed 8 games jn Europe, sign a quality replacement...then Souttar breaks down jn preseason and does a Prodan 

Why would you wish an injury on any pro footballer ?

Have a word with yourself 🙄

Edited by Largo

He'll still have a price but I'd assume our price will have gone up to a point that I doubt Rangers will pay it.

Bright side is we get a very good CH for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, feej said:

Chuffed, think he's gonna be top player, power and pace. Really liking the way we're shaping up .

The attitude along with his previous love affair with Us, a good signing for the whole sqaud, eases off pressure points.

1 hour ago, Largo said:

Tongue was very firmly in cheek, i sincerely hope Souttar goes on to be a Scotland regular and achieves a lot in the game...just a pity it will be with the tax cheats 

Pieces being put in place for the Souttar move west, imo. 

Bacuna to Birmingham and Sibbick to us. Souttar to sign for Rangers tomorrow.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Yeah thats what I reckon as well.

25 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Sunday or Monday I’d think. We need him for Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Sibbick hasn’t played for two months so doubt he is ready for first team football right away. We need Souttar for next 4/5 games 

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

The attitude along with his previous love affair with Us, a good signing for the whole sqaud, eases off pressure points.

Agreed, looking forward to seeing him doing well.

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Rangers just sold Bacuna to Birmingham for £2 million. i think Souttar will be away tomorrow

Meant to be 400k for bacuna 

6 hours ago, Busby8 said:

The prize that Sevco are aiming for is guaranteed ECL group stage and the £millions that go with it. They want to be sure that they win the league this year so strengthening now will make a great deal more sense than waiting until the end of the season. I'm just surprised the other arse cheek weren't interested in him because the 2 guys that play CB for them are a pair of donkeys

Guest ToqueJambo

Still no pressure to sell Souttar - hoping we're still holding out for as big a fee as possible.

But good to have another alternative to Souttar signed up.

5 hours ago, Musemic said:

The prize that Sevco are aiming for is guaranteed ECL group stage and the £millions that go with it. They want to be sure that they win the league this year so strengthening now will make a great deal more sense than waiting until the end of the season. I'm just surprised the other arse cheek weren't interested in him because the 2 guys that play CB for them are a pair of donkeys

You notice they rarely go up against each other when recruiting within Scotland.

5 hours ago, Musemic said:

I said this when we beat them in the opening game. He is bargain of decade.

BangkokHearts
10 hours ago, Largo said:

Because it weakens the opposition? 

34 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

At last a poster ITK

Haha, I'm not, know nothing of what goes on at the club just saw he was being made available and thought we should try and get him back. Looks like from the press articles the club had been on this deal for a couple of days. Glad we've got him, I'm sure he'll prove to be a great signing, pace and power in the backline is always good.

Subbed at half time, did get a knock and need some treatment during the half though.

Unless we sign someone new before Tuesday, I hope we don't have to rely on Moore straight away after today

14 minutes ago, kila said:

Subbed at half time, did get a knock and need some treatment during the half though.

Unless we sign someone new before Tuesday, I hope we don't have to rely on Moore straight away after today

I think its good Moore hasn't came right in against Hibs, but yeah. He's not looked assured. Sibbick on the other hand was cool calm and collected :D What a performance from him. 

Think maybe he's under a bit of pressure to make his mark and retain his place, plus has been in and out of the team a lot which maybe hasn't helped. 

I'd really have liked to see Moore play against Talbot, a game like that might have been a good chance for him to get minutes in and up his confidence a bit. Although, can see why Robbie stuck with his main line up. 

Jambo_jim2001

Funny how he was mince in a wee diddy team..now all the bears are screaming to get him signed up right now after their momentous c0ck up today, personally I'd love to keep him to the summer just to watch them implode,and I hate sellick more than them

Rumour is they submitted a bid after their game at Dingwall and it was accepted by Hearts, hence his no show in second half. If true, his last game in maroon.

4 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Rumour is they submitted a bid after their game at Dingwall and it was accepted by Hearts, hence his no show in second half. If true, his last game in maroon.

Protecting our million quid I like it 

Glamorgan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Did you miss the 50:50 in the box just before half time he went in hard for and kind of extended his left knee in the collision and was down for a couple of minutes??

16 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Surely he wouldn't have started then.

9 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Did you miss the 50:50 in the box just before half time he went in hard for and kind of extended his left knee in the collision and was down for a couple of minutes??

Agreed, it looked a sore one but you know categorically that he was unable to play due to injury in the second half?

9 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He had a Blue earpiece in and just pretended to do to get taken off. :whistling:

Just now, Cambo said:

Agreed, it looked a sore one but you know categorically that he was unable to play due to injury in the second half?

🤣

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Cambo said:

No I don't categorically know anything. But the evidence was there for us all to see. We'll find out soon enough anyway

PS apologies for being a bit snippy with my initial reply

jambo-in-furness

Souttar is very fragile, it’s likely the door will hit him on the way out and that will end his career.

Just look at follow follow, all of them didn’t think they had to get souttar in this season but now they are hitting panic button. No less that a million hearts

He was taken off at HT as the SevCo bus stopped Aviemore and had a whip-round to make an acceptable offer.

£1.5m before the game.

£1.75m at HT.

£2.0m at FT.

That Celtic goal added value to The Rat as SevCo are 100% getting caught.

8 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Just look at follow follow, all of them didn’t think they had to get souttar in this season but now they are hitting panic button. No less that a million hearts

Just saw Bassey's attempted clearance before goal 2. A huddie.