Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:
14 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Just in case it hasn't been posted

Rangers tipped to spend 'a lot of money' to sign Souttar - McLeish (footballinsider247.com)

Big Eck finger on pulse. Wonder what he considers  a lot of money? 

Such an insightful chap. What exactly is he telling us that we don't know already. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

48 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

On a side note and it might have been mentioned, but to put these same league January precontracts, there’s a player at St Johnstone on loan from St Mirren, StJ have signed him on a PCA so STM have recalled him and if StJ want him now they need to pay for him. What an absolute farce.

Yes you can see why St Mirren have done that . Just emphasises how flawed the system is . 

Not hard to fix , like the loan system, but there doesn't seem any willingness to do so

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Such an insightful chap. What exactly is he telling us that we don't know already. 

If it's Rangers it'll be a lot of someone else's money. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Different story when one of their players moves on they always demand way over what they are ever prepared to pay any Scottish Club for a player they want.

They got way over the odds for that Paterson guy they just sold. If he gets a start for Everton I will be astonished.

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

To be fair he's telling us the Directors and Owner are financing us, just like Rangers

I didn't know that - thought it was our fans.

Pity our fans aren't willing to stump up

Edited by scott herbertson

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

To be fair he's telling us the Directors and Owner are financing us, just like Rangers

To think he used to play in a team that's purpose was to topple the OF. As a former centre half, what value would be put on a current internationalist when you desperately need CL money at the end of THIS season?

45 minutes ago, Boab said:

If he stays, then fine, play him. 

If he play's against sevco a week on Sunday, I'll be surprised.

Just don't take us for mugs.

I can see his ankle flaring up again for that one! 

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t think McLeish is a well man.

Come the end of his time at Scotland it was clear from press conferences he needed help, heard stories since that verified it. In his defence with regards to the article, if hes asked his opinion on the situation he is going to give it. Clearly doesn’t have any sort of insider info.

45 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Are we, the fans, not the owners?

48 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

To think he used to play in a team that's purpose was to topple the OF. As a former centre half, what value would be put on a current internationalist when you desperately need CL money at the end of THIS season?

As much as I despise Celtic I really hope this new Rangers mob dont win the league and get the money they have gambled their existence on. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They got way over the odds for that Paterson guy they just sold. If he gets a start for Everton I will be astonished.

He’ll have a chance if Ferguson gets the job. New manager though? His @$$ will be out the window if they’re in a relegation battle.

Re Rangers possibly saying that they would give us X if X happens as a transfer fee, when playing Soapy over a specific week in january - For the folk on here who reckon that jiggery pokery re pre contract/signing shenanigans  doesnt really happen  - what do you think occurs  when we take a player on loan - especially if from an alleged "big" club - eg Liverpool....part of the deal is that we are supposed to field the player  x games so that its is worth while for him being here - Playing time to improve !! (play em or lose em) Loads goes on behind scenes before a player kicks a ball for any club. (another xample being Ngoooooooo...when he lost form we still played him as it had been agreed)  

scott herbertson
56 minutes ago, RENE said:

Are we, the fans, not the owners?

Yes - that was my point  - McLeish refers to us being well funded by our 'Owner' and  Directors - I'm taking it he means Budge and Anderson, whereas the fans, the real owners now have paid more.

Unlike of course, his beloved Rangers...

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

As much as I despise Celtic I really hope this new Rangers mob dont win the league and get the money they have gambled their existence on. 

yup, it'd be glorious to see them crash again.

20 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Re Rangers possibly saying that they would give us X if X happens as a transfer fee, when playing Soapy over a specific week in january - For the folk on here who reckon that jiggery pokery re pre contract/signing shenanigans  doesnt really happen  - what do you think occurs  when we take a player on loan - especially if from an alleged "big" club - eg Liverpool....part of the deal is that we are supposed to field the player  x games so that its is worth while for him being here - Playing time to improve !! (play em or lose em) Loads goes on behind scenes before a player kicks a ball for any club. (another xample being Ngoooooooo...when he lost form we still played him as it had been agreed)  

or a certain goalkeeper thatwas used as a stick to beat someone

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

yup, it'd be glorious to see them crash again.

I would pay the windae cleaner a bonus if that happens

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! 😁

Was told by a Rangers fan yesterday that Rangers want him this window and did indeed ask that he not play in the SC. He said Rangers are offering players and that the sticking point was Hearts not fancying Barker due to wage demands and being quite shite (although fast but we’ve already got one of those in Ginnelly) and a kid called Kelly (whom I don’t know) seemingly wanting to go to England rather than stay up here. 
He’ll seemingly still be here on Wednesday to face Celtic whether a deal has been agreed or not. We’ll see…

Ffs don’t want any of their shite 😂😂

15 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay so you’re speculating that Rangers asked or told us NOT to play Souttar yesterday and asked or told us to play him against Celtic. Yes I suppose that could be true. It could also be untrue. in the absence of evidence I’m opining that it’s nonsense. I’m also opining that even if we had been asked or told by Rangers to play or not play Souttar we’d have answered with two words, the second word being “OFF” Game over.

WTF are you on about. Where am I speculating about what has happened?. I said that it is posable that this that and the next thing could happen, and not that this that or the next thing has happened. There is a difference between could happen and has happened. You yourself say above "I suppose that it could be true. Again. WTF are you on about. 

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He looks a decent player but to get that sort of money for him is ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He looks a decent player but to get that sort of money for him is ridiculous.

Wish we could that sort of money 💰 

Guest ToqueJambo

Rangers celebrating getting 11m for a guy with a dozen games still learning his trade and at the same time refusing to pay anywhere close to what they know to be the value of an established SPFL and international player still a couple of years away from what should be his best years is peak Rangers. Souttar will instantly be a 4-5m (minimum) rated defender the second he joins them (annoyingly).

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Rangers celebrating getting 11m for a guy with a dozen games still learning his trade and at the same time refusing to pay anywhere close to what they know to be the value of an established SPFL and international player still a couple of years away from what should be his best years is peak Rangers. Souttar will instantly be a 4-5m (minimum) rated defender the second he joins them (annoyingly).

With injury doubts. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What you talking about, Paterson has more caps than Souttar. The laddies scored and set up a winner at International level already, an outstanding prospect. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Totally different scenario. Loans are done usually to get a fringe player at a bigger team game time at a smaller team. 
Souttar doesn’t need game time and Newco are taking the p!$$. Looks like we’re rolling over to have our bellies rubbed. JMO.

I’ll willingly retract my beliefs only if he doesn’t leave this window and plays against Livvy in the cup. Otherwise I stick by my original thoughts that we cowed down to the bullying like every other team. Celtic withstanding.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

What you talking about, Paterson has more caps than Souttar. The laddies scored and set up a winner at International level already, an outstanding prospect. 

So is Souttar and he's the finished article despite still being only 25. Paterson wasn't even first choice at Rangers. All I'm saying is Rangers know Souttar is worth a lot more than that fee Hearts are asking for, and they know they got way more than Paterson is worth right now. Has he even started for Everton yet? It's a brass neck not to cough up for what will prove to be an absolute bargain, even if the fee is near 1m, which I doubt.

Edited by ToqueJambo

56 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Totally different scenario. Loans are done usually to get a fringe player at a bigger team game time at a smaller team. 
Souttar doesn’t need game time and Newco are taking the p!$$. Looks like we’re rolling over to have our bellies rubbed. JMO.

I’ll willingly retract my beliefs only if he doesn’t leave this window and plays against Livvy in the cup. Otherwise I stick by my original thoughts that we cowed down to the bullying like every other team. Celtic withstanding.

Best if he goes this window and we get some recompense imo. If not then we can play him as long as he performs. 

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So is Souttar and he's the finished article despite still being only 25. Paterson wasn't even first choice at Rangers. All I'm saying is Rangers know Souttar is worth a lot more than that fee Hearts are asking for, and they know they got way more than Paterson is worth right now. Has he even started for Everton yet? It's a brass neck not to cough up for what will prove to be an absolute bargain, even if the fee is near 1m, which I doubt.

If Souttar was the finish article, he'd be moving to a better side than Rangers. Nonetheless, this is Rangers we're dealing with, they've always been tight fisted and I'm surprised anyone is shocked. 

I'm sure they will stump up though because it looks like Goldson is on his way out.

4 hours ago, busbyfth said:

i already indicated it in a previous post, but i ****ed up the initial post. I also have issues with everything related to the pre contract, i knew they would be pulling stunts. The thing i am still trying to figure out is . What are we going to do about it, surely this has to be reported somewhere. We cannot do it now down to legalities, don't want to open the vent to much right now. We should report it, encourage others around the table for a Pow Wow. Get this pre contract between the Top League sides, out of Scottish Football.

Attempted to upset our last two games , at the least. Now they will be rootin an tootin for us v the scum. Leading the pack in the Media to make sure everyone hears their ****ing Noise machine on full pelt.

Edited by Factuer Moi

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If Souttar was the finish article, he'd be moving to a better side than Rangers. Nonetheless, this is Rangers we're dealing with, they've always been tight fisted and I'm surprised anyone is shocked. 

I'm sure they will stump up though because it looks like Goldson is on his way out.

Ah but according to Craig Levein he could only move to Rangers…. and we know Craig Levein has never told a wee porky for his own self good.

Aside from that there was always a number of factors in this move 1. The cup tie issue which we got round with a mysterious ankle injury and 2. Goldson moving on.

I’d wager Souttar plays his last game for Hearts this week. Goldson will move and we will get an undisclosed fee which we all know will be around £500k. I suspect from that we’ll see a loanee come in from down south.

People seem to forget the moment Souttar signed a pre-contract agreement our negotiating position was severely diminished. I’m actually a little shocked the club knocked back £300k to be honest (unless it was in instalments or something) as I’m not sure why people expect we can ask for much more given he’s already committed to them and will be with them in 4 months. 4 months… it’s hardly any time at all.

I do reckon they'll stump up a much better and likely acceptable offer after Wednesday. Let's him play against their nearest rivals which might cause them to drop points. It might not.

Then prevents him playing against them at ibrox afterwards if signed beforehand. Weakening us.

1 minute ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Is the Slithering🐍 wee 🐀 still here

Fully recovered and raring to go. Price probably shot up because he recovers from injuries really quickly all of a sudden. 

40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’d wager Souttar plays his last game for Hearts this week. Goldson will move and we will get an undisclosed fee which we all know will be around £500k. I suspect from that we’ll see a loanee come in from down south.

…a few posters have mentioned an ‘undisclosed fee’, as Co-owners, surely this is something they can’t keep from us now?… for any player. 
With regards to Goldson, one rag is reporting he’s now ‘open’ to a new contract with sevco. May put a spanner in the works. 

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! 😁

Was told by a Rangers fan yesterday that Rangers want him this window and did indeed ask that he not play in the SC. He said Rangers are offering players and that the sticking point was Hearts not fancying Barker due to wage demands and being quite shite (although fast but we’ve already got one of those in Ginnelly) and a kid called Kelly (whom I don’t know) seemingly wanting to go to England rather than stay up here. 
He’ll seemingly still be here on Wednesday to face Celtic whether a deal has been agreed or not. We’ll see…

Yes, because a FAN would be privy to such information.

PS I'm using blanks.

Fire_At_The_Disco
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fully recovered and raring to go. Price probably shot up because he recovers from injuries really quickly all of a sudden. 

:lol:

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Best if he goes this window and we get some recompense imo. If not then we can play him as long as he performs. 

Hopefully if he’s still here after the window closes he doesn’t take the huff with us because of Newco trying to low ball and Hearts not caving. I understand they’re trying to get him on the cheap but that’s not Hearts problem. If they really, really want him they’ll pay up before Monday midnight. Or they could be sending the wrong message to Souttar.

“We want you but not that bad”

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

…a few posters have mentioned an ‘undisclosed fee’, as Co-owners, surely this is something they can’t keep from us now?… for any player. 
With regards to Goldson, one rag is reporting he’s now ‘open’ to a new contract with sevco. May put a spanner in the works. 

That would be funny if he found out what Souttar is being offered and decided

“I’ll have some of that”

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

He just needs to go Dave, I don’t think we would ever get 100% off a player who has signed for a rival. He’s a snake and needs to gtf. 

40 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We may be able to ascertain it from the annual accounts when published end of 2022.  

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People seem to forget the moment Souttar signed a pre-contract agreement our negotiating position was severely diminished. I’m actually a little shocked the club knocked back £300k to be honest (unless it was in instalments or something) as I’m not sure why people expect we can ask for much more given he’s already committed to them and will be with them in 4 months. 4 months… it’s hardly any time at all.

Yes and that is why most people think Souttar has done the dirty on 

Hearts. 

One things for sure if we ever find out the true fee if we actually get one, it will not be revealed by Hearts. 

The Rangers don't want him cup tied so he has an ankle injury on Saturday, The Rangers want him in the Hearts team to face Celtic, so his ankle is better. 

Thursday morning Souttar will move to The Rangers for an undisclosed fee. 

They might stick an extra 50k on for us doing as we're told. 😏

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes and that is why most people think Souttar has done the dirty on 

Hearts. 

One things for sure if we ever find out the true fee if we actually get one, it will not be revealed by Hearts. 

The Rangers don't want him cup tied so he has an ankle injury on Saturday, The Rangers want him in the Hearts team to face Celtic, so his ankle is better. 

Thursday morning Souttar will move to The Rangers for an undisclosed fee. 

They might stick an extra 50k on for us doing as we're told. 😏

Hard to argue against any of that. We’ve been totally screwed with this deal. But unfortunately because of the actions of others, any negotiating ability we may have had this month has been taken from us.