Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes and that is why most people think Souttar has done the dirty on 

Hearts. 

One things for sure if we ever find out the true fee if we actually get one, it will not be revealed by Hearts. 

The Rangers don't want him cup tied so he has an ankle injury on Saturday, The Rangers want him in the Hearts team to face Celtic, so his ankle is better. 

Thursday morning Souttar will move to The Rangers for an undisclosed fee. 

They might stick an extra 50k on for us doing as we're told. 😏

Miss the days when it was romanov picking our team :lol: never thought I’d see rangers doing it. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts. 

One things for sure if we ever find out the true fee if we actually get one, it will not be revealed by Hearts. 

The Rangers don't want him cup tied so he has an ankle injury on Saturday, The Rangers want him in the Hearts team to face Celtic, so his ankle is better. 

I doubt Rangers are particularly interested in him playing on Wednesday and, even if they were, I doubt we would play him because of that. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We may be able to ascertain it from the annual accounts when published end of 2022.  

We’d be able to do that anyway… Jeezo what’s the point in being an owner if I cannae find out how much wonga clubs pay for my players…. Right away! :yadayada:

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If Souttar was the finish article, he'd be moving to a better side than Rangers. Nonetheless, this is Rangers we're dealing with, they've always been tight fisted and I'm surprised anyone is shocked. 

I'm sure they will stump up though because it looks like Goldson is on his way out.

For all everyone's pissed off with Souttar, he is still a very good footballer.

The White Cockade

I can't believe people actually believe Hearts would play or not play Souttar on Rangers instructions

Cloud cuckoo land

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We’d be able to do that anyway… Jeezo what’s the point in being an owner if I cannae find out how much wonga clubs pay for my players…. Right away! :yadayada:

🤣

21 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'm still laughing at this five minutes after reading it. I owe you a beer. 🙂 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People seem to forget the moment Souttar signed a pre-contract agreement our negotiating position was severely diminished. I’m actually a little shocked the club knocked back £300k to be honest (unless it was in instalments or something) as I’m not sure why people expect we can ask for much more given he’s already committed to them and will be with them in 4 months. 4 months… it’s hardly any time at all.

But it's the business end if the season. 

3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I'm still laughing at this five minutes after reading it. I owe you a beer. 🙂 

Sweet! :toasting:

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Sweet! :toasting:

Someone is good enough to help in a matter of fact way and along comes a very clever reply from you that hits the unintentional (I think) set up out the park in such a funny way. Well played🙂

HeartsandonlyHearts
44 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I can't believe people actually believe Hearts would play or not play Souttar on Rangers instructions

Cloud cuckoo land

Not instructions per say… recommendations 

“let’s just say it would be in your best interest if John was to not be cup tied😉

As a side note I definitely believe it.

But let’s wait and see what happens after he plays against Celtic.

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

What you talking about, Paterson has more caps than Souttar. The laddies scored and set up a winner at International level already, an outstanding prospect. 

Would he have any caps at his age and with his lack of experience if he hadn’t been on Newco’s books? Think we all know the answer. 

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Cloud cuckoo land

Mental. Did Rangers also tell us to turn down their measly 300 grand?

18 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Someone is good enough to help in a matter of fact way and along comes a very clever reply from you that hits the unintentional (I think) set up out the park in such a funny way. Well played🙂

👍 I’m here all week! 😜

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Hearts. 

If there's a game Rangers don't want Souttar to be involved in, wouldn't it be Celtic? All he has to do is over-stretch for a ball trying to prove his commitment to Hearts fans in a big game and at the same time endear himself to Rangers fans by getting one over their (and his new) rivals... 

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Cloud cuckoo land

I can’t either! If we’d cup tied him he’d be worth even less to Rangers this season, by not playing him we kept his value up. If Rangers don’t stump up the readies he’ll continue to play for Hearts. It really is that simple, it was actually a smart move by the club. 

Just now, stuart500 said:

Personally I can't wait until Sevco become The Sevco.

Charlie Green will buy assets and call it The The Rangers. 😤

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Charlie Green will buy assets and call it The The Rangers. 😤

Will they get to keep their 1 title!

10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

To be fair he's telling us the Directors and Owner are financing us, just like Rangers

I didn't know that - thought it was our fans.

Pity our fans aren't willing to stump up

The financial analysis posted recently showed (IIRC) 6 million from benefactors, including 1.7 from FoH

16 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Would he have any caps at his age and with his lack of experience if he hadn’t been on Newco’s books? Think we all know the answer. 

About 6? 

36 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Two things on that. First of all Scotland are not blessed with a queue of aspiring and capable right wing backs. Secondly he’s a very good player who couldn’t get into the Rangers first team because Tavernier was in with the bricks.

Steve Clark is not In the habit of selecting Rangers players just because they are Rangers players.

37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If there's a game Rangers don't want Souttar to be involved in, wouldn't it be Celtic? All he has to do is over-stretch for a ball trying to prove his commitment to Hearts fans in a big game and at the same time endear himself to Rangers fans by getting one over their (and his new) rivals... 

That would be a shame. 

Just want him gone. 

This has dragged on 😴

38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I can’t either! If we’d cup tied him he’d be worth even less to Rangers this season, by not playing him we kept his value up. If Rangers don’t stump up the readies he’ll continue to play for Hearts. It really is that simple, it was actually a smart move by the club. 

Good post - that sums up the current situation perfectly.   JS has value to Hearts whatever happens (or doesn't happen)  by Jan 31st. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Two things on that. First of all Scotland are not blessed with a queue of aspiring and capable right wing backs. Secondly he’s a very good player who couldn’t get into the Rangers first team because Tavernier was in with the bricks.

Steve Clark is not In the habit of selecting Rangers players just because they are Rangers players.

Correct. Some previous managers but not Clark. The Hun fans seem to really hate Steve Clark. 

I agree Nathan Paterson is a class player as well. Clearly not what Everton need right now but at the right club, he has world class potential.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The financial analysis posted recently showed (IIRC) 6 million from benefactors, including 1.7 from FoH

was a joke, matey - it's like they don't realise the fans saved us, whereas they didn't for Rangers

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

was a joke, matey - it's like they don't realise the fans saved us, whereas they didn't for Rangers

Dagnabbit

Guest ToqueJambo

None of us have any idea how good Patterson will be because we've only seen him a couple of times. He could be the real deal like Kieron Tierney or he could be overhyped and over valued at a young age like Olly Burke was, and he'll be at Millwall in a few years. Souttar however is proven talent and a total steal whatever Rangers end up giving us.

Probably get the deal done with about 20 minutes left in this window so Robbie cant use the cash. Way to stifle a competitor. Steal their best players then pay peanuts at the very last minute. 

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Probably get the deal done with about 20 minutes left in this window so Robbie cant use the cash. Way to stifle a competitor. Steal their best players then pay peanuts at the very last minute. 

I really hope that does not happen. From what I have heard, after the latest offer Sevco we’re told not to come back to us unless they were prepared to match our valuation and sell on percentage.  I sincerely hope that we stick to our guns with that.

13 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Cloud cuckoo land

I think we left him out of the cup tie for our own benefit to keep the residual value up. I’m assuming this injury is a cover story for leaving him out of the cup tie and he’ll play tomorrow unless a deal is done by then. We’ll play him on Saturday too and we’ll play him for the rest of the season if he is still here.

Rangers have now asked twice for him to be excluded/included in certain games ? Nah I’m not having that.

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Those Glaswegian mouthbreathers wont be engaging their brain enough to be thinking that deep into it.

All they'll be thinking is "humf, hurr, beat green, go bust"

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt Rangers are particularly interested in him playing on Wednesday and, even if they were, I doubt we would play him because of that. 

Yip.

We need our best players on the park tomorrow. He's one of our best players.

It's a tough game. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Jamiemac said:

Robbie Neilson press conference 

https://t.co/hkJ0VHPdx0

Ankle injury still the given reason for his absence on Saturday, Neilson hopes he’ll be back for tomorrow… along with Beni and Woodburn. 

Sorry to read that Moore has a small thigh problem.  His thighs always looked big enough to me.

south morroccan
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Beaten Generation

Reared on a diet of prejudice and misinformation

But surely it's The Beat(on) Generation.

19 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

i already indicated it in a previous post, but i ****ed up the initial post. I also have issues with everything related to the pre contract, i knew they would be pulling stunts. The thing i am still trying to figure out is . What are we going to do about it, surely this has to be reported somewhere. We cannot do it now down to legalities, don't want to open the vent to much right now. We should report it, encourage others around the table for a Pow Wow. Get this pre contract between the Top League sides, out of Scottish Football.

Attempted to upset our last two games , at the least. Now they will be rootin an tootin for us v the scum. Leading the pack in the Media to make sure everyone hears their ****ing Noise machine on full pelt.

Agreed re all of it....Old Rangers ploy for decades...If about to play a tough team away from home (eg if Well/FFFHibs/us etc are playing really decent) the press would "leak" that Rangers were about to put a bid in for their best player, just to unsettle the person/team. Once Rangers had beaten them then interest would disappear mysteriously. Rarely has the Ibrox "interest" actually been true, though in this case it is. That is a devious club indeed!!! and the press jumps to their "leaks of interest" as some journalists are in their back pockets.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, south morroccan said:

Reared on a diet of prejudice and misinformation

But surely it's The Beat(on) Generation.

Still rings true today, unfortunately. Although thought Matt Johnson was a Scot 🤦🏽

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still rings true today, unfortunately. Although thought Matt Johnson was a Scot 🤦🏽

This is the day when things fall in to place

highlandjambo3

Soapy plays in the champions league next season…..rangers string a decent game or two…..soapy goes to England 10m +……..nap