Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Hope they don’t get him tomorrow and lose 4 goals to Celtic. Don’t see it happening but it would be funny.

Celtic have the bit between the teeth now. What may help Rangers is they are missing  a few players. Not anything  to do with having a defence.  

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You constantly talk like everyone is just running down the season. They aren't . Getting caught up sharpish. Having to experiment with Bassey! 20 or so games Souttar could play for Hearts trying to win a trophy and secure third by a record margin. 

I know Hearts’ point of view, which is why I think Souttar will stay. I don’t think Rangers will bid much more for him. They’ll have Helander back soon enough and Balogun and Simpson are there as options. They’ll be more concentrating on replacing Hagi and Patterson as a priority. (Hagi probably replaced by Diallo who won’t be on a cheap wage) So they won’t be willing to splash the cash. Will be accept their bid if they submit one? Not sure, I think unlikely from our point of view for the reasons you’ve pointed out. And from their point of view I can’t see them offering big enough for a player they’ll have in a few months when they need to spend elsewhere.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Celtic have the bit between the teeth now. What may help Rangers is they are missing  a few players. Not anything  to do with having a defence.  

Pressure is on Newco right now. Their fans had the league won when we beat Celtic game 1. And they’ve only played each other once. So many games left for it to swing back and forth. I want it to go to the last game of the season. Another helicopter finale would be nice. I know they computer won’t allow it but us beating a team on the last day of the season to lose them the league would be awesome.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Insurance only covers for career ending injuries

We were paid by Scotland when he was injured with them, do clubs not have that insurance?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know Hearts’ point of view, which is why I think Souttar will stay. I don’t think Rangers will bid much more for him. They’ll have Helander back soon enough and Balogun and Simpson are there as options. They’ll be more concentrating on replacing Hagi and Patterson as a priority. (Hagi probably replaced by Diallo who won’t be on a cheap wage) So they won’t be willing to splash the cash. Will be accept their bid if they submit one? Not sure, I think unlikely from our point of view for the reasons you’ve pointed out. And from their point of view I can’t see them offering big enough for a player they’ll have in a few months when they need to spend elsewhere.

I think someone shared a link of them paying £500k for a back up RB. So that might be all they can spend at the minute. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They are trying to punt Simpson. Helander is decent but souttar is streets ahead of balogun. Helander hasn’t played for months. Think yesterday result will panic them into making a decent offer

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not sure about that. Iirc part of the condition of allowing Sevco to join the league was that all football debts had to be paid, leaving the face painting wifey, etc to get shafted.  

We concluded a deal with them to accept £100k less than the original deal, he was being facetious. 

Rangers forum saying he is away tomorrow for 600k. Be amazed if we get that much but would bite their hands off for it at this stage, even with Hackett injured. 

22 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers fans seem to think it’s a done deal and announced tomorrow morning 

Too little, too late from fans and club alike. Yesterday's collapse triggers that kind of reaction. 

5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

. I know they computer won’t allow it but us beating a team on the last day of the season to lose them the league would be awesome.

No doubt Doncaster would love another helicopter Sunday - he'd probably get yet another bonus in his pay packet for it.   

If we're at home  on the last day to one of the uglies, they can forget any hope of a helicopter messing up our immaculate pitch.   

Best way to ensure that though is for us to beat them - as you say, what a glorious end to the league season that would be !   :jambobanana:

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

They are trying to punt Simpson. Helander is decent but souttar is streets ahead of balogun. Helander hasn’t played for months. Think yesterday result will panic them into making a decent offer

I think they’ll make another offer. Perhaps more money in more instalments or a sell on fee %. But I don’t think it will be anywhere north of £500k. They won the league with the same defence last season, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t feel confident of doing so again.

I think they’ll make another offer. Perhaps more money in more instalments or a sell on fee %. But I don’t think it will be anywhere north of £500k. They won the league with the same defence last season, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t feel confident of doing so again.

Optics, optics…

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We concluded a deal with them to accept £100k less than the original deal, he was being facetious. 

Oh aye, that rings a bell now!  Better be up front if Souttar goes tomorrow!

If you saw their game on Saturday with that defence. They are playing a lb in central Defence. League winner is guaranteed champions league qualification. Panic stations!

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Oh aye, that rings a bell now!  Better be up front if Souttar goes tomorrow!

Definitely 

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If you saw their game on Saturday with that defence. They are playing a lb in central Defence. League winner is guaranteed champions league qualification. Panic stations!

I saw it, and it was comical. But if McGregor doesn’t make his errors they win the game comfortably. Bassey in at CB seems to be a Van Bronkhorst decision, and he’s still an unbeaten manager in 12 or 13 games I think they said in commentary. More than Gerrard had in his first games. The Glasgow two will have their slip ups, but they’ll still win a huge majority of their games. And they’ve only conceded 5 more goals than Celtic. I just don’t think they’ll see Souttar worth pushing the boat out for.

32 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Rangers forum saying he is away tomorrow for 600k. Be amazed if we get that much but would bite their hands off for it at this stage, even with Hackett injured. 

Sorry I just don’t get that! With Halkett out probably for some time we are ripping the heart out our defence if we let Souttar go! Sibbick will take time to settle in, Moore is just not good enough, and our utility CB (Smith) is struggling for fitness!

3rd place and a decent run in the cup is worth way more than £600k.

Edited by Thomaso

Maroon Sailor
28 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You win.....👍

What have I won ?

Seems to me these agreements are not worth the paper they are written on just by reading some posts on here by people who know more about the ins and outs of them than I do.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

J.T.F.Robertson

Scenario:

We sell JS then lose on Tuesday. This place, or Hearts' fans in general?

Personally, if they were to "come across" I'd be inclined to let him go. It has to be a distraction and 5 or 600k is better than brussel sprout.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What have I won ?

Seems to me these agreements are not worth the paper they are written on just by reading some posts on here by people who know more about the ins and outs of them than I do.

They’re legally binding contracts, nobody has given any proof of any occasions where one has been cancelled by one or both parties for any reason..

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Scenario:

We sell JS then lose on Tuesday. This place, or Hearts' fans in general?

Personally, if they were to "come across" I'd be inclined to let him go. It has to be a distraction and 5 or 600k is better than brussel sprout.

Tuesday is a massive game but he might not be fit for it anyway, I’m with you, sell him and move on. 

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re legally binding contracts, nobody has given any proof of any occasions where one has been cancelled by one or both parties for any reason..

Cheers

I asked if it could be ripped up and got the reply that's when he becomes their player.

So he is legally binded to sign for Rangers. I assume that only means that no other club can come in for him and not the fact that both parties can't rip it up if circumstances change (like a long term injury)

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Cheers

I asked if it could be ripped up and got the reply that's when he becomes their player.

So he is legally binded to sign for Rangers. I assume that only means that no other club can come in for him and not the fact that both parties can't rip it up if circumstances change (like a long term injury)

Yeah nobody else can sign him but depending on what’s in the pre contract concerning injuries it can be ripped up if he gets another bad one perhaps, although I find it strange his agents would let him sign that. 
I’ve looked and I can’t see any evidence of that happening. 
I think we’ve all learned a little bit more about pre contracts, every day is a school day. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry I just don’t get that! With Halkett out probably for some time we are ripping the heart out our defence if we let Souttar go! Sibbick will take time to settle in, Moore is just not good enough, and our utility CB (Smith) is struggling for fitness!

3rd place and a decent run in the cup is worth way more than £600k.

Halkett's and Smith's injuries have changed things.  It is now essential that Souttar sees out his contract.   Sibbick and Moore are untried.  Chris Hamilton is the #1 understudy but he is out on loan.

Sucuring 3rd place and Europe is far more important than any compenation from Der Hun.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I would love to think we’ve played a blinder here. Guess we’ll know by midnight tomorrow. The recent injuries I would imagine have changed things exponentially.

HHGH.

Balls in your court Newco. Don’t embarrass yourselves in front of your cult followers.

Sell him now for 600k and make sure we get good sell on then bring in Branthwaite from Everton till end of season, replace in the summer, good business all round.

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Sell him now for 600k and make sure we get good sell on then bring in Branthwaite from Everton till end of season, replace in the summer, good business all round.

Only works if Newco don’t play silly games by agreeing to our number with minutes left on the clock. We’d need to have something already agreed with Everton beforehand. Might not be a bad idea to try to get him even if Souttar doesn’t leave us tomorrow. We’ll still be down a starter.
Newco are not going to care that we’re short two central defenders if it gets them what they want/need. They’re not in the business of caring about other Scottish football teams. Or Scottish football in general. Just happens to be the league they have to play in.

Still think he would go today but imagine if he stays and playing against rangers on Sunday. Under serious pressure competing against his new employers when they are battling for the league 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Still think he would go today but imagine if he stays and playing against rangers on Sunday. Under serious pressure competing against his new employers when they are battling for the league 

He'll have an ankle injury pencilled in

We need Souttar in team on Tuesday.  I have confidence in the abilities of Sibbock and Moore (who is good enough despite reading the contrary on here) but without Halkett, Smith we lack experience at the back, or experience of a derby.  

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

We need Souttar in team on Tuesday.  I have confidence in the abilities of Sibbock and Moore (who is good enough despite reading the contrary on here) but without Halkett, Smith we lack experience at the back, or experience of a derby.  

Aye, rangers will need to stump up now or we keep him. 

Funny thing is we have rangers, next, he'll be playing v his new employers or be playing against us. 

Very surreal. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Even better, imagine he stays and scores the winner against them in the SC final.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think we should keep Soapy we need him at the back who knows how long Halkett will be out and Sibbick and Moore are untried together and need to build an understanding with each other.

Francis Albert

Last day and after 107 pages we know no more than we did at the start. Except that the idea he won't be committed when playing for us or his presence will be a distraction has been debunked.

Unless Souttar is ruled out through injury we have to keep him and play him tomorrow. 

We don't want to be taking chances with a relatively new backline in a Derby. A win tomorrow and Hibs are out of the race for third and Motherwell will drop at least as many points as us. 

Nailing down third place is more important than selling players imo. 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Last day and after 107 pages we know no more than we did at the start. Except that the idea he won't be committed when playing for us or his presence will be a distraction has been debunked.

That's true and myself and others have been proved wrong so far. 

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I think we should keep Soapy we need him at the back who knows how long Halkett will be out and Sibbick and Moore are untried together and need to build an understanding with each other.

Yes, I don’t think anyone can question his commitment / professionalism in the last few games.  Will be interesting if he plays v Huns at the weekend though.  

Not really sure why it matters what fee we get for Souttar? Club is in a good place financially, so 400k, 500k or even 800k, why does it matter? It's not like we're going to pump that cash into bringing someone in.

Keep the rat here until the season is done. He's playing well.

If he does go, I'll be hoping Celtic win the league, then we don't have to see him with any medals.

33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He certainly didn’t pull out of the tackle when he got injured against Motherwell

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, rangers will need to stump up now or we keep him. 

Funny thing is we have rangers, next, he'll be playing v his new employers or be playing against us. 

Very surreal. 

It’s a farce! As in the EPL mid season pre-contracts in the same league should not be allowed!

Diadora Van Basten

I would rather have Soutar for the rest of the season than £500 or £600k. Rangers got £16m for a reserve player so if they really wanted him now they would pay more.

I suspect they don’t really want or need him but he’s a Scottish international available for free so will take him.

Bazzas right boot

All this must make Souttar feel really valued and wanted by his new employers. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Imagine him turning up in July for pre season with squad number 51 on his back, why bother I'd rip up the pre-contract if I was him tomorrow as it looks like he has been done like a kipper 

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If the deal doesn't go through today

JS will have lost thousands in lost wage increases. 

Probably wishing he'd just bided his time until summer. 

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

It's called professionalism

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If the deal doesn't go through today

JS will have lost thousands in lost wage increases. 

Probably wishing he'd just bided his time until summer. 

JS signed a deal to join at the end of the season, so he will not have lost one penny in wages !!!