Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

It would be utterly ridiculous for Souttar to leave for the garbage they are offering 

Edited by Riccarton3

I think we have 3rd place sewn up with or without Souttar, so don’t think his transfer will make any difference to our prize money this season.

IF we can get another defender in tomorrow then I’d allow him to go now for 500k

On 28/01/2022 at 04:18, Riccarton3 said:

You notice they rarely go up against each other when recruiting within Scotland.

True, although Scott Allan was quite funny

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

They badly need a new keeper. 

Think Jon McLaughlin has just signed an extention

15 minutes ago, logopolis said:

If he does stay and picks up an injury before the end of the season I assume  Rangers still need to take him regardless ?

No, either side can pull out of a pre-contract.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is McCrorie a loan at Aberdeen still? Again, wages.

I think he means his brother, the goalkeeper.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Could you give us some examples of this happening? 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you give us some examples of this happening? 

Richie Britton a few years back had signed for St Johnstone on a pre, bit pulled out to stay at Ross County

12 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I am surprised at that unless unless specific rules apply within football.  Generally a contract is a contract.

I can however understand if the pre-contract was signed conditionally, eg subject to a medical at the effective start date.   I know he's already had a medical but there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge before the end of the season and TRFC would be insane not to have recognised that in the agreement.

Not necessarily saying you are wrong BTW.

39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Going by McGregor's performance yesterday, maybe we could try and sell them Ross Stewart.

Why did he choose us at Tynecastle to produce a man of the match performance? Why?  Miserable old git.

And why did the crossbar have a shocker in the same game?

Bit off topic but I'm still seething.

21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think he means his brother, the goalkeeper.

Third choice at Rangers. Summer move for  goalkeeper cover. 

Jambo_jim2001

Maybe rangers are skint,or not getting any more credit till they get shot off someone...that statement will have the boys at follow follow foaming at the mouth🤔😂😂

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’ve said it before but worth repeating.

If I was John Souttar I’d be royally pissed off with Rangers ducking about and penny pinching.

How to make somebody feel really wanted 🙄

Signed to allegedly weaken us.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, logopolis said:

If he does stay and picks up an injury before the end of the season I assume  Rangers still need to take him regardless ?

Yes unless there’s a clause in the pre-contract stating an injury would render it null and void. Which doesn’t seem likely as it’s never happened before, they have insurance to cover injured players anyway.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Richie Britton a few years back had signed for St Johnstone on a pre, bit pulled out to stay at Ross County

Nope, they had to buy him back for £40k. 
Any others? 

5A745EA1-3501-45F8-8A4D-DE1503C249F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, hunts said:

I think we have 3rd place sewn up with or without Souttar, so don’t think his transfer will make any difference to our prize money this season.

IF we can get another defender in tomorrow then I’d allow him to go now for 500k

Nothing is sewn up - we are in great position but we have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes unless there’s a clause in the pre-contract stating an injury would render it null and void. Which doesn’t seem likely as it’s never happened before, they have insurance to cover injured players anyway.

Insurance only covers for career ending injuries

16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We're still waiting for the rest of the Lee Wallace money. 

We needed money pronto and agreed to a reduced payment iirc.

19 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He still has an agreement to play for another club though

Can that be ripped up ?

That's when he becomes their player......

People are forgetting that Rangers signing players for bags of money isn’t a slight on offering little or nothing for Souttar. That back up full back was only going to them if they stump up the cash, whether it be this window, the next or the window after. Souttar is their player come the summer. There’s only 3 1/2 months of the season left and they’ll have Goldson for that duration who they will not have come the summer. They really don’t need to pay over the odds to get him, as they don’t need to. If we refuse to sell then we keep him and hope he continues to perform the way he had done the last few games. They will continue on without him easy enough.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

That's when he becomes their player......

So these pre contract agreements are a waste of time ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nothing is sewn up - we are in great position but we have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

5 away In Our next 7 league games. Doesn’t matter who we’re playing that is a very tough programme.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

5 away In Our next 7 league games. Doesn’t matter who we’re playing that is a very tough programme.

Indeed it is Jimmy

1 hour ago, hunts said:

You have an odd interpretation of ‘sewn-up’.

We’re in a great position, that’s for sure, but not sewn-up by any stretch of the imagination.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Think he'll stay ,primarily because Sevco think we will eventually accept shitpence and I'm almost certain we won't.

We had better not !!

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The loan guy must be costing a couple of mill for wages plus fee to Man U for 4 months  Happy to pay that the zombies.

Man U might want recall him following the the Greenwood situation.  That would be a hoot!

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People are forgetting that Rangers signing players for bags of money isn’t a slight on offering little or nothing for Souttar. That back up full back was only going to them if they stump up the cash, whether it be this window, the next or the window after. Souttar is their player come the summer. There’s only 3 1/2 months of the season left and they’ll have Goldson for that duration who they will not have come the summer. They really don’t need to pay over the odds to get him, as they don’t need to. If we refuse to sell then we keep him and hope he continues to perform the way he had done the last few games. They will continue on without him easy enough.

You think? They are losing 3 goals at Ross County? Wait till Celtic get at them. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, dav1e said:

Hope he's here for the rest of the season. 3rd place will make up for the loss transfer fee.

I was thinking that too but we’ll get 3rd place without him. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You think? They are losing 3 goals at Ross County? Wait till Celtic get at them. 

Window will be closed by then. I believe they believe they have a squad now that can win the league. They’d like Souttar now but I believe they believe they can do it without them. Two of the three goals they conceded were goalkeeping howlers, one can be blamed on the defence. I just can’t see them stumping up the cash for a player they’ll get for free in less than 4 months unless they think they need him now. And I don’t think they really do.

Fozzyonthefence
42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We're still waiting for the rest of the Lee Wallace money. 

I’m not sure about that. Iirc part of the condition of allowing Sevco to join the league was that all football debts had to be paid, leaving the face painting wifey, etc to get shafted.  

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Window will be closed by then. I believe they believe they have a squad now that can win the league. They’d like Souttar now but I believe they believe they can do it without them. Two of the three goals they conceded were goalkeeping howlers, one can be blamed on the defence. I just can’t see them stumping up the cash for a player they’ll get for free in less than 4 months unless they think they need him now. And I don’t think they really do.

You constantly talk like everyone is just running down the season. They aren't . Getting caught up sharpish. Having to experiment with Bassey! 20 or so games Souttar could play for Hearts trying to win a trophy and secure third by a record margin. 

Edited by Riccarton3

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hope they don’t get him tomorrow and lose 4 goals to Celtic. Don’t see it happening but it would be funny.