Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

We can afford to keep him and I doubt they can actually afford to have him on their wage bill just now.  They need £7-8 million just to finance the remainder of THIS season, and it doesn't look like they will be offloading any players soon.

Think he will be with us for the rest of this season.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just out of curiosity have they any players you (the JKB massive) would accept as a payment in a swop deal. Be realistic not folks. I can't think of anyone but in truth I don't know much about their squad. 

Scott Arfield for two seasons would work

15 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Watched the second half of the huns game in the pub yesterday their defending and goalkeeping was pleasingly bad. They will need to up their game or up their bid for Souttar to beat Celtic to the league title.

Squeaky bum time. 🤣

Edited by poultry

On the idea of rangers offering a player in exchange for John Souttar, they don't have any players better than John Souttar that they would give us.

Plus, I wouldn't want any rangers cast-offs neither loan nor permanent contaminating our group of players.

Quality or not, we have an excellent scouting system now so we don't have to rely on inter-league transfers, especially if the motivation for doing so is to facilitate rangers getting John Souttar for their immediate benefit. Screw them.

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just out of curiosity have they any players you (the JKB massive) would accept as a payment in a swop deal. Be realistic not folks. I can't think of anyone but in truth I don't know much about their squad. 

Kemar Roofe and Glen Kamara 

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Legally, and technically, he’s a Hearts player until his contract ends through time or mutual agreement. 

I don't see him as a Hearts player now

Feels like we have him on loan

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

That might well be how you feel but he’s still technically a Hearts player. 

Mr. Pedant 😎

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Quality loan player.

Banter Alert

Is going places 

10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Basically we have Souttrat on loan until the end of the season.

Technically he's a Rangers player so I think they will cough up some cash to take him tomorrow after that debacle in Dingwall.

Not true mate.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Not true mate.

He still has an agreement to play for another club though

Can that be ripped up ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I would accept two promising young players who would be transferred not loaned. Not sure who, but if the recruitment team think they are good enough I would take that.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would accept two promising young players who would be transferred not loaned. Not sure who, but if the recruitment team think they are good enough I would take that.

I'd think that would be okay as well depending on who they offered. 

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He still has an agreement to play for another club though

Can that be ripped up ?

Gentleman's agreement type scenario with the pre signature. John would have to meet any loss if it was his side that messed up. 

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would make it way too complicated in terms of getting agreement of all parties…imo. Cash is king. 

We should be looking at the financial impact the Orcs will sustain for finishing second instead of 1st.

If they want Soutter to increase their chances of finishing 1st then we should ask for a large percentage of the gain.

He's our player and we must be compensated for our loss and also their gain.

£5m is a fair price.

Edited by Bull's-eye

pettigrewsstylist
45 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Gentleman's agreement type scenario with the pre signature. John would have to meet any loss if it was his side that messed up. 

Does he still have a contract if he turns up at Ibrox crocked do you know?

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They'd be taking a huge drop in wages (first team squad) For that reason alone its unrealistic. Maybe take a promising couple of youth player off them.

I really hope we've set Rangers a deadline for this to happen, last thing we need is a last hour bid coming in with no time to replace. That will definitely be the game plan for them, strengthens them and weakens us.

If I was Hearts, I would be telling them the price is 750k with a 15/20% sell on clause and they have until midday on Monday to get it done. Anything lower or later than that then it's no deal.

I reckon the only players rangers would give us are Simpson, Itten or Wright. I'm not convinced any of them would be worth the wage that they would ask for

41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Would make it way too complicated in terms of getting agreement of all parties…imo. Cash is king. 

Especially if you are Dave King.

A_A wehatethehibs

Why don’t we see if Celtic will pay us a fee not to let soapy go? Call it a non transfer fee 

Although let’s be honest, Celtic will probably not go for that, they will be rubbing their hands if a bang average, slow reaction, injury prone, casual in possession SPL defender is the standard of Jan signing coming into Rangers to try and win them the league.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why don’t we see if Celtic will pay us a fee not to let soapy go? Call it a non transfer fee 

Although let’s be honest, Celtic will probably not go for that, they will be rubbing their hands if a bang average, slow reaction, injury prone, casual in possession SPL defender is the standard of Jan signing coming into Rangers to try and win them the league.

They're signing Halket as well?!

22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Yes, they cover that as soon as they allow him to train. Accepting all conditions.

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He doesn't have a contract with Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

Yes, they cover that as soon as they allow him to train. Accepting all conditions.

So if he's injured Rangers can walk away. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

No, they would have to do it before the official start date 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Which they have massive form for

8 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

No, they would have to do it before the official start date 

Well of course its before he signs an actual contract.

A pre contract can be abandoned. By both parties. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I was answering your question, putting my wee bit in there too. You are correct, one would have to pay losses legal costs. 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'd take £500k + Kai Kennedy or Leon King. Looking at their squad, the ones that are happy chilling in the reserves/bench I don't really want. 

We have a really good squad, and outside of their first 11 its hard to see how their squad fillers would improve us. Beyond that all would be wanting a lot of money that I don't think they deserve. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't think thats going to happen. It would be too publicly embarrassing for the huns tbh. 

FWIW I don't think its a good move for him. I reckon he'll be be benched and used sparingly by them for the next 2 years and spend the remaining out on loan. Its just what they do. 

Allowayjambo1874

Suspect this will fizzle out, they know what we want and they know we won’t budge so either pay up or that’s it.

They have also created a rod for their own back because if their defence displays continue as per yesterday and they lose the title their fans will be pointing the finger blaming the board asking why they didn’t bring him in when they could have. 

Ironically the huns that I know don’t rate him as highly as our fans do so they almost don’t care. 

it’s how he plays if he remains that is a bit of a concern. I don’t think his teammates  will put up with him being half hearted but will he truly be putting everything on the line for us? 

8 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Suspect this will fizzle out, they know what we want and they know we won’t budge so either pay up or that’s it.

They have also created a rod for their own back because if their defence displays continue as per yesterday and they lose the title their fans will be pointing the finger blaming the board asking why they didn’t bring him in when they could have. 

Ironically the huns that I know don’t rate him as highly as our fans do so they almost don’t care. 

it’s how he plays if he remains that is a bit of a concern. I don’t think his teammates  will put up with him being half hearted but will he truly be putting everything on the line for us? 

I am not sure it is how i rate John, more the timing of the move. How and when it was announced , leaked. Read here that he will be a mere squad player, benched, Same thing was said about Aaron Hickey. John will eventually go to them, take his place in their starting 11. No chance is he signing for them in the knowledge it is to sit on the bench. From a Hearts point of view there is a lot of this still to reveal, all the chat is coming from blue minds not Maroon. John play since he pre contracted to them, hasn't been any different apart from the obvious booing in one game. He put my mind to rest on the last line of your post. I do rate John as his current form shows, outside of club football he has grabbed a slot with Scotland. Have to wait and see what tomorrow brings or takes away. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd take £500k + Kai Kennedy or Leon King. Looking at their squad, the ones that are happy chilling in the reserves/bench I don't really want. 

We have a really good squad, and outside of their first 11 its hard to see how their squad fillers would improve us. Beyond that all would be wanting a lot of money that I don't think they deserve. 

Kennedy just been loaned to Hamilton has he not ?

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Kennedy just been loaned to Hamilton has he not ?

The OP was asking who others would want from the huns squad within reason. I think a few of their younger lads are worth looking at but I don't think a player exchange is really on the cards. 

Both those youngsters I've heard good things about. 

Was answering a hypothetical etc. 

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I have absolutely no concerns about how he'd apply himself if he stays til summer. His performances since the pre contract broke back that up.Our worst performers tend to be ones we give 4 year deals to. 

This 500k has never actually been stated as an asking price. And in truth it should be way off, as much ad 25 to 50%. 

Edited by Riccarton3

34 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I have absolutely no concerns about how he'd apply himself if he stays til summer. His performances since the pre contract broke back that up.Our worst performers tend to be ones we give 4 year deals to. 

This 500k has never actually been stated as an asking price. And in truth it should be way off, as much ad 25 to 50%. 

They badly need a new keeper. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’ve said it before but worth repeating.

If I was John Souttar I’d be royally pissed off with Rangers ducking about and penny pinching.

How to make somebody feel really wanted 🙄

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If I was John Souttar I’d be royally pissed off with Rangers ducking about and penny pinching.

They've done it before with Walker and it was an ordeal getting the Lafferty deal done. 

I don't know what he was expecting... 

Sensible thing to do would have been to have taken the move down South been paid handsomely and went with everyones best wishes. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He will know exactly what’s going to happen and when, as will Hearts. My thoughts are deal agreed and he goes tomorrow. I hope we’ve held out for what we wanted

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He will know exactly what’s going to happen and when, as will Hearts. My thoughts are deal agreed and he goes tomorrow. I hope we’ve held out for what we wanted

I reckon he's staying. 

If it's a swap, I'd go for the £19m loan guy.  It makes sense.  They can't defend and we can't take enough of our chances.

If that very sensible solution  doesn't eventuate, £1m or go away.  The £1m to be paid in full before Johnny gets on the bus.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

I reckon he's staying. 

If it’s between accepting peanuts (less than 500k) and him staying, I hope we’d keep him. We’ll probably never be told how much we got 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If it’s between accepting peanuts (less than 500k) and him staying, I hope we’d keep him. We’ll probably never be told how much we got 

Wouldn't be up front anyway.