Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874

Seriously, I take back what I’ve said previously.  If soapy is going to put it on the line like he did tonight he is worth more than £500k to the end of the season.

£1mill or GTFO 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seriously, I take back what I’ve said previously.  If soapy is going to put it on the line like he did tonight he is worth more than £500k to the end of the season.

£1mill or GTFO 

Agree. He was immense today. 

I thought his head was at Ibrox already?

So many experts who’ve never played a game of football before being butthurt because a man took a job at a much higher wage.

He’s our best defender by a country mile.

He’s always given 100%.

He probably wants to start in important games for Scotland. 

He probably wants to start next season for Rangers.

He’ll never down tools. It’s nonsensical and deprive them to him, never mind us. 

51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If Halkett is injured the price has gone up.  

If Halkett is out for more than one game soapy isn’t going anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

With smith and Halkett injured Soapy isn’t going anywhere until summer. We won’t go to ER missing those three. 

And Moore 

22 minutes ago, Rods said:

Rangers will need to up their bid. I am now in the keep and play Souttar camp. 

Yip, if Halkett is out for a while we simply need to keep Souttar unless they come in with 7 figures, which they won't.

32 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Agreed - he strolled through that game. It's difficult to argue with the decision to keep playing him given his performances in the last couple of games.

He’s one of the best CHs in the league, of course we should play hime. And I’m afraid unless we have a new signing tomorrow we’ll have to keep him. 

40 minutes ago, Dayman said:

So many experts who’ve never played a game of football before being butthurt because a man took a job at a much higher wage.

He’s always given 100%.

He’ll never down tools. It’s nonsensical and deprive them to him, never mind us. 

I want to keep him for the rest of the season because he’s a good player but it’s surely also understandable not to be happy with the guy as he’s signed for a rival. Being a football fan isn’t about being sensible and rational! 

He was very good tonight. Very hard player to replace.

It's unlikely that we'll sell him now with Halkett and Smith hurt.

We probably need to keep him and sign another.

Bazzas right boot

He's a good player and I'm sad he's leaving. 

More so, as I think if we hadn't been so shite and had been at this stage 3 year ago he would have stayed. 

He wants the money and Likley a trophy or two so personally I understand. 

He's leaving in a shitty way so **** him, we move on. 

In summary he's a hun ******* and can gtf. 

Get someone in now if possible to replace and take the fee. 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

He’s always given 100%.

Agreed

Any so called hearts fan who boo’d him last time should Be ashamed 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I think if the hamstring is bad, Souttar is not for sale. I'd be looking at recalling Chris Hamilton from Arbroath too.

Hamilton just can’t play at CH in this league, he’s too slight. Popescu is more likely to be recalled. 
Let’s hope we can sign someone in the next few days.

Pasquale for King

Had a good game tonight, bit suspect at their second goal but the guy was offside. 
As for booing him that’s a personal choice and nobody should be slated for doing it. 
We might need to keep him now. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Had a good game tonight, bit suspect at their second goal but the guy was offside. 
As for booing him that’s a personal choice and nobody should be slated for doing it. 

If we are keeping him, and with our injuries that looks more likely, it would seem a bit daft to boo him. As long as he puts the effort in and plays well. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we are keeping him, and with our injuries that looks more likely, it would seem a bit daft to boo him. As long as he puts the effort in and plays well. 

Absolutely Dave, let’s keep the booing until he is in a Rangers  jersey.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I didn’t boo him tonight, didn’t hear anyone else do it either to be honest?
Not even the Celtic fans who we were told would boo him constantly. 
I would still sell him if they up their bid but only after Saturday and if we have replacement and Moore is fit for ER. 

Not so super Ally reckons Rangers will sign Souttar after he had played against Celtic tonight.

Is it possible that Rangers have asked Hearts to say publicly that we are looking for north of £600,000 for Souttar, so that when they offer us the £500,000 we originally wanted, it looks like a win for Rangers?

I understand folk being hesitant about letting Souttar go after seeing Craig Halkett get injured tonight. But if we have a centre back lined up to bring in, and the Souttar money is needed to get that player in, then letting Souttar go this month is something we still have to seriously consider.

Edited by No Idle Talk

I’m changing my mind and think he should play the rest of the season. He’s clearly giving 100% so I’ll eat my earlier words.

We’re probably going to need him anyway so that forces Rangers to up their bid if they think he’ll help them win the league.

Going to be an interesting close to the window perhaps. 

Doubt if we could afford to turn down £1m but that's what I would tell rangers is the price.

It will be intersting to see if they make another move for him in this window.

Neilson will be deperate to keep him

SectionDJambo

We need him to stay with us for the rest of the season. It could be the difference between the money of a cup run and European football.

His price should have gone up to at least £1 million given the injuries we now have.

Rangers had the chance to pay the £600,000 and didn’t. Now let them regret it.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t boo him tonight, didn’t hear anyone else do it either to be honest?
Not even the Celtic fans who we were told would boo him constantly. 
I would still sell him if they up their bid but only after Saturday and if we have replacement and Moore is fit for ER. 

I agree re the selling if we can get a decent replacement. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree re the selling if we can get a decent replacement. 

I think we need someone anyway.
It’s a bit worrying that Halkett seems to be going off with different things also, I think it’s been concussion/ankle/back/hamstring now.

Hopefully something that can be sorted, as he still has a mistake in him but he is our most physical defender, which might actually be the problem.

2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yip, if Halkett is out for a while we simply need to keep Souttar unless they come in with 7 figures, which they won't.

Or we need to pull a centre half or 2 out the bag in the next 5 days

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s actually covered the boy quite well. He can’t score with a conventional shot because Souttar has him blocked. To be fair it’s a pretty deft finish from the fellah

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s actually covered the boy quite well. He can’t score with a conventional shot because Souttar has him blocked. To be fair it’s a pretty deft finish from the fellah

It was a good finish but a tad lucky to go through both of them. Hard to cover guys that are offside too obviously. Didn’t look like a £2.5m striker though. 

11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Not so super Ally reckons Rangers will sign Souttar after he had played against Celtic tonight.

Is it possible that Rangers have asked Hearts to say publicly that we are looking for north of £600,000 for Souttar, so that when they offer us the £500,000 we originally wanted, it looks like a win for Rangers?

I understand folk being hesitant about letting Souttar go after seeing Craig Halkett get injured tonight. But if we have a centre back lined up to bring in, and the Souttar money is needed to get that player in, then letting Souttar go this month is something we still have to seriously consider.

That figure only nets us £416k after VAT. They need to pay us £600000 for us to realise £500000 after VAT. Anything less they should be told to bolt. I am hoping the one positive from this saga is the days of Sevco snapping their fingers and paying a pittance are now gone. The most galling aspect is paradoxically we have Newco flexing their financial muscle paying salaries they can ill afford in relation to the their shambolic accounts. Any responsible business would be re-structuring their business model on a more conservative basis as a pre-requisite in reducing their debt. I have equal disdain for the bigot brothers but cant help but hope Celtic thwart them in their win or bust quest for Champions League money. A case of the lesser of two evils. 

20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

That figure only nets us £416k after VAT. They need to pay us £600000 for us to realise £500000 after VAT. Anything less they should be told to bolt. I am hoping the one positive from this saga is the days of Sevco snapping their fingers and paying a pittance are now gone. The most galling aspect is paradoxically we have Newco flexing their financial muscle paying salaries they can ill afford in relation to the their shambolic accounts. Any responsible business would be re-structuring their business model on a more conservative basis as a pre-requisite in reducing their debt. I have equal disdain for the bigot brothers but cant help but hope Celtic thwart them in their win or bust quest for Champions League money. A case of the lesser of two evils. 

Remember the sell on clause for Dundee united

I would take slightly less with a bigger sell on fee, he is a fantastic player and last nights he showed us how good he is. A 20% sell on fee could be worth a lot in the long term. 

I still think we will come third but Halkets injury is a worry, do we have any promising centre backs in the academy?

Don’t understand why people are so happy to bend over to Rangers and take a pittance for him. 

£500k is nothing and not worth entertaining. They must have plenty of money if they are able to take Diallo on loan from Man United so anything less than 7 figures shouldn’t be entertained. 

Last night showed that he’s not going to get hounded every week and is still capable of playing really well. So keep him till the end of his contract I say. 

Would piss myself laughing if Rangers decided not to cough up and wait to end of season and then lose CHs to injury and lose the league because of it.

Allowing  him to leave this window just makes no sense. In fact, it would be self inflicted sabotage. Targets are there to be met with financial rewards at the end of them. Rangers would need to pay big. Way Beyond any figure quoted so far. In the territory of amazing.

Edited by Riccarton3

Our bargaining position is better after last night's performance. 

Again who knows who decides on signings at Rangers whether they want him or not. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Our bargaining position is better after last night's performance. 

Again who knows who decides on signings at Rangers whether they want him or not. 

When does the window slam shut? Midnight on 31st?

With Halkett potentially injured we should not be selling Soapy and if we do I hope the price has bumped up from 600k to at least 1m (maybe even with a loan of someone like Balogun for the rest of the season)

8 minutes ago, Arfur said:

With Halkett potentially injured we should not be selling Soapy and if we do I hope the price has bumped up from 600k to at least 1m (maybe even with a loan of someone like Balogun for the rest of the season)

Should try and get Sibbick back up the road, Barnsley want shot of him.