Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

49 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Rumour is they submitted a bid after their game at Dingwall and it was accepted by Hearts, hence his no show in second half. If true, his last game in maroon.

😂😂😂😂 What a load of shite

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco will move for the 600k surely, by look of today they need reinforced at the back to have any hope of a second title

It should take more than that now if anything happens at all. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

It should take more than that now if anything happens at all. 

I agree price has went up. See how much the zombies will pay on deadline day.

I would tell them the price is now £2m and it's going up by £100k every hour.  If they won't stump up the funds then that's fine we'll just keep him for a few months.

SectionDJambo

Whatever we may think of John Souttar signing his pre contract with Rangers, the theory that he wouldn’t put himself into a situation where he might get hurt should now be laid aside. That was a sore knock he took today and Hearts did the right thing protecting him for Tuesday.

As far as Rangers are concerned, they had their chance to pay £600k to get him to enhance their chance of the guaranteed Champions League money. Now our circumstances have changed and we would be stupid to sell for less than £1m and having a replacement available to get in before the windows closes.

Rangers may very well lose a lot more money than Hearts by not being able to resist the temptation to be disrespectful to Hearts valuation of John. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Whatever we may think of John Souttar signing his pre contract with Rangers, the theory that he wouldn’t put himself into a situation where he might get hurt should now be laid aside. That was a sore knock he took today and Hearts did the right thing protecting him for Tuesday.

As far as Rangers are concerned, they had their chance to pay £600k to get him to enhance their chance of the guaranteed Champions League money. Now our circumstances have changed and we would be stupid to sell for less than £1m and having a replacement available to get in before the windows closes.

Rangers may very well lose a lot more money than Hearts by not being able to resist the temptation to be disrespectful to Hearts valuation of John. 

Your last sentence is what I have been thinking. Blinded by bitterness. 

We had better have jacked that price up.

Rangers are in the sticky stuff - Celtic closing fast, their defense not looking clever at all. Souttar getting an injury today should also focus their minds.

I don't care in fairness - I hope they don't move for him and he helps us get 3rd and a cup final. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

The Rangers board will now be under more pressure to back Geo and surely will be putting in a higher offer befor transfer deadline, they will surely want Souttar to play in the game midweek which will allow us to go after another replacement 

The Motherwell guy cleaned him out so hoping that he is OK for Tuesday. We'll done on not booing him today. He is a class act and will be missed. 

9 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The Rangers board will now be under more pressure to back Geo and surely will be putting in a higher offer befor transfer deadline, they will surely want Souttar to play in the game midweek which will allow us to go after another replacement 

The pressure is so ramped up now. Bassey at left centre back when doesn’t play there going into their biggest game of the season. They don’t realise how good souttar is. Lose on Wednesday and it’s armageddon

2 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Hope we can keep him. Don't really fancy Moore at all.

Today should have added another 6 figures onto his price 

Add Cochrane to that.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The pressure is so ramped up now. Bassey at left centre back when doesn’t play there going into their biggest game of the season. They don’t realise how good souttar is. Lose on Wednesday and it’s armageddon

Speaking to a Rangers fan, he felt there is not as much pressure (this was before todays game) to get Souttar in now as Helander is almost back from injury, so there main two central pairing of Helander and Goldson would mean Souttar would just be back up. I do agree I dont think they realise how good Souttar is.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Speaking to a Rangers fan, he felt there is not as much pressure (this was before todays game) to get Souttar in now as Helander is almost back from injury, so there main two central pairing of Helander and Goldson would mean Souttar would just be back up. I do agree I dont think they realise how good Souttar is.

Almost back? And then rusty.

I'm also beginning to think Hearts asking price is way past the press speculation.  As it should be

Edited by Riccarton3

We get to keep him and, will be better for it or, we get a good fee that we can re-invest now or in the summer. 

Win Win imo. Rangers will be weaker if they don't cough up and we don't give a shit.

Says a lot to John though, they are quite happy to offer him a contract on a free but didn't want him enough to splash out a million or less to help them win the league. They clearly don't rate him enough and they've thrown him under a bus. 

John shouldn't have signed with them until the summer or, told them to agree a fee if they wanted him. I'd be tempted to renegade on that deal if I could. 

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We get to keep him and, will be better for it or, we get a good fee that we can re-invest now or in the summer. 

Win Win imo. Rangers will be weaker if they don't cough up and we don't give a shit.

Says a lot to John though, they are quite happy to offer him a contract on a free but didn't want him enough to splash out a million or less to help them win the league. They clearly don't rate him enough and they've thrown him under a bus. 

John shouldn't have signed with them until the summer or, told them to agree a fee if they wanted him. I'd be tempted to renegade on that deal if I could. 

This

“Blinded by bitterness” is a line that applies to me.

Souttar, you may be a ratty wee ****, but after today I agree you’d still put 100% into our club and I no longer doubt that.

48 hours.  If SevCo lose the title they have to think “Did we do everything in our power to retain the title?” If they can’t pay £600k-£1M then that’s small change compared to what they’ll lose in a lost title.

£600K (anything upward would be a bonus ) , and he can trot along to Ibrox. I fully believe that Hearts will already have someone identified to come in and step straight in 

Sevco are going backwards under Gio, which is glorious to see. 

Soapy might have a better chance of finishing runner up in the league if he stays with us...

6 hours ago, benny said:

Less than 48 hours for them to get it done.

I wonder if they’d be snide enough to leave it until the last minute just to piss us off. 

I really thought he’d be away by now. However forgot about the huns arrogance and subsequent stupidity and how that will punch them in the face big time. They are starting to implode - brilliant to see. I hope hearts keep him till end of season - all to our benefit. 

Results have forced this in Hearts favour after them trying their hardest to get him cheap. **** them and hold out, £1m min. They might feel they need him for their title, well he's our player and Robbie feels we need him for 3rd and the cup. **** the rangers 

highlandjambo3
35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if they’d be snide enough to leave it until the last minute just to piss us off. 

I’d be telling them our transfere deadline for selling closes at midnight Sunday…….get it right rooond them, how often have we danced to their tune….oh, and the asking price is now £750k.

6 hours ago, fila said:

£600K (anything upward would be a bonus ) , and he can trot along to Ibrox. I fully believe that Hearts will already have someone identified to come in and step straight in 

Would snap there hand for 600k as long as there is a 20% sell on with that, we will get by without him, just Like we did 2nd half today, he's a great player, its extremely disappointing how things have ended but we would probably all do the same in his position tbf he will be getting the rat/snake treatment at ibrox next weekend if I see him wearing blue on Hearts TV lol

They really do need him it seems. He's a leader and he wants to be there. They seem to be struggling in defence and McGregor looks very ropey all of a sudden.

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Half expect John to be gone before Tuesday, would be delighted to keep him till the end of the season though. A waiting game for all.

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’d be telling them our transfere deadline for selling closes at midnight Sunday…….get it right rooond them, how often have we danced to their tune….oh, and the asking price is now £750k.

Fully agree. That slippy creep Gerrard putting us in a horrible position by getting Lafferty late in the window should be remembered. 

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This is spot on. They have probably shelled out a couple million loan fee for that boy from man United, plus whatever contribution for his wages, yet won’t pony up the £600k hearts want for Souttar.

Not sure what he can do, but wouldn’t it be nice if John remembered this debacle and turned round to rip up his pre contract - they clearly don’t want him as much as they are making out ….

I think we have our back 3 for next season, but with injuries it will be a while before they get a chance to play together and bed in.

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

I’m honest now thinking if they don’t pony up £1m he’s worth more to us keeping to give us continuity at the back. Otherwise we go into the Derby with 3 of Sibbick/Moore/Smith/Kingsley who will have never played together. 

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco will move for the 600k surely, by look of today they need reinforced at the back to have any hope of a second title

I think we will receive improved offer today, just a hunch.

We will reject again and have deadline poker.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Good call. I would let go for less with decent sell on % tho.

highlandjambo3
9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Good call. I would let go for less with decent sell on % tho.

Remember…..we have been viewed as a wee diddy team by this mob for decades now…….let’s blow that myth out the water…….here’s Souter, here’s the price, here’s our phone number, you have 12 hours to decide……tomorrow morning is to late, bye for now.

15 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sure, £600k + additional £400k at the end of this season + a 20% sell on fee pls :) 

Otherwise they can explain to their fans why their penny pinching handed the title to some greek aussie bloke whose name no one can pronounce :P 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Remember…..we have been viewed as a wee diddy team by this mob for decades now…….let’s blow that myth out the water…….here’s Souter, here’s the price, here’s our phone number, you have 12 hours to decide……tomorrow morning is to late, bye for now.

I been here since late 70s. Seen all as you decribe. We need a good deal for us tho. Thats the only criteria that matter. Suspect they will up offer by 100k today and we will reject. Would be in favour of telling them no offer tomm tho....unless we have something agreed elsewhere. Maybe a loan to cover 

Halkett etc.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I been here since late 70s. Seen all as you decribe. We need a good deal for us tho. Thats the only criteria that matter. Suspect they will up offer by 100k today and we will reject. Would be in favour of telling them no offer tomm tho....unless we have something agreed elsewhere. Maybe a loan to cover 

Halkett etc.

The half time sub thing with Souter may have been a nelson masterclass (I know he took a knock), like “look we can sub Souter at half time and still go on to win” so he’s not a massively key player for us…….but, “how much do you want him”……..over to you rangers.

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Rangers don't increase an offer that Hearts accept Souttar should tell Rangers to forget it & rip up the pre-contract for not showing him respect & trust to play for them now especially when they are going for a title 

Maroon Sailor

Basically we have Souttrat on loan until the end of the season.

Technically he's a Rangers player so I think they will cough up some cash to take him tomorrow after that debacle in Dingwall.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

If Rangers don't stump up and Celtic go on and win the title the doubts will always be there as to not bringing in Souttar, especially after yesterday.

That's the gamble Rangers are taking if they don't. We are now in a much stronger position after the last few days

Quite funny  that Sevco just had not got it through their arrogant heads that this particular club really does not have to put up with their shit these day. As far as Souttar is concerned for them it’s now a case of put up or piss off. Simple as that.

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Basically we have Souttrat on loan until the end of the season.

Technically he's a Rangers player so I think they will cough up some cash to take him tomorrow after that debacle in Dingwall.

Legally, and technically, he’s a Hearts player until his contract ends through time or mutual agreement. 

Watched the second half of the huns game in the pub yesterday their defending and goalkeeping was pleasingly bad. They will need to up their game or up their bid for Souttar to beat Celtic to the league title.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Legally, and technically, he’s a Hearts player until his contract ends through time or mutual agreement. 

One of the main reasons i calmed down, along with Johns performances since those Fridays ago. The one thing we have in our favour is, we do not need to sell him, they decided to step in. He is contracted to Us, they have control once they pay up or John see's out his contract with Us playing week in and out. He will line up against them, or it will be one of those injured an out moments to suck up for Us. I want John to stay , so we find out  if he would play V Them...

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Quite funny  that Sevco just had not got it through their arrogant heads that this particular club really does not have to put up with their shit these day. As far as Souttar is concerned for them it’s now a case of put up or piss off. Simple as that.

Correct --- We can afford to keep him but it increasingly looks that they cant afford to buy him

Seymour M Hersh

Just out of curiosity have they any players you (the JKB massive) would accept as a payment in a swop deal. Be realistic not folks. I can't think of anyone but in truth I don't know much about their squad. 

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Correct --- We can afford to keep him but it increasingly looks that they cant afford to buy him

That's how I see it.

Their money problems holding them back.