Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

What happens if he gets a bad injury tomorrow ? and i really hope that doesn't happen, can rangers pull the plug or are they obliged to sign him permanently, anyone know ? 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Soapy plays in the champions league next season…..rangers string a decent game or two…..soapy goes to England 10m +……..nap

In a back four in the CL hahahahaha not a ****ing chance in hell. He won’t even be in the starting line up 😂

A_A wehatethehibs
57 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Soapy plays in the champions league next season…..rangers string a decent game or two…..soapy goes to England 10m +……..nap

Nap???? 😂

Plays away at fir park the weekend after the champions league when the main starting 11 are rested, gets injured, then finds himself on loan back at Dundee United within 18

months trying to get back fit 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nap???? 😂

Plays away at fir park the weekend after the champions league when the main starting 11 are rested, gets injured, then finds himself on loan back at Dundee United within 18

months trying to get back fit 

A much more likely scenario. 

Souttar must be feeling a little unloved this morning after what Gio Van Bronckhorst said about being content to wait until the summer.  This is the upshot of being a pre-contract freebie. There simply isn't the same pressure to play you, and you start to realise that you are simply a disruptor signing... Of course, that is the whole rationale for the SFA/SPFL allowing pre-contracts (to help the OF damage other team's squads and the harmony therein)

I am convinced we  have agreed a fee for him to move after tonight, hence why he didn't play iny Saturday but seems to be fit for tonight. I hope I am wrong as would hate to think we have pandered to them 

11 minutes ago, lou said:

I am convinced we  have agreed a fee for him to move after tonight, hence why he didn't play iny Saturday but seems to be fit for tonight. I hope I am wrong as would hate to think we have pandered to them 

If that is the way to get an extra £200k then I'm ok with it...At 19k pw for half a year, 500k is a fair claim as the cost of getting Souttar for an extra 6mths - it is how much Rangers themselves value him.

Edited by Spellczech

52 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Souttar must be feeling a little unloved this morning after what Gio Van Bronckhorst said about being content to wait until the summer.  This is the upshot of being a pre-contract freebie. There simply isn't the same pressure to play you, and you start to realise that you are simply a disruptor signing... Of course, that is the whole rationale for the SFA/SPFL allowing pre-contracts (to help the OF damage other team's squads and the harmony therein)

'Content to wait for the summer' yet club bid 300k in this window. Content would seem to mean we are tightfisted ***** with no class.

The Bannon Flick

Rangers are only spinning the ‘content to wait’ line because they can’t meet our asking price so well played Hearts.

I don’t believe the theory we have made any deal with Rangers yet tbh

I’m as gutted as everyone that he’s chosen Rangers but if he plays tonight, we should 100% get behind him.

He will be as determined as ever to show how good a player he is.

I wouldn’t bet against him scoring either - how tremendous that would be. 

Edited by The Bannon Flick

Souttar might still be with us V them soon, that would be a laugh. Knock back every offer they make . Souttar stays till end of season, will he be played V Them....

That is the question. 

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Souttar might still be with us V them soon, that would be a laugh. Knock back every offer they make . Souttar stays till end of season, will he be played V Them....

That is the question. 

Bit I don't  understand as even a question. Not having a go. Rangers are acquiring  a player they must see as someone who will give everything for the current team he plays for else they wouldn't be in for him. 

20 hours ago, Kxf51 said:

What happens if he gets a bad injury tomorrow ? and i really hope that doesn't happen, can rangers pull the plug or are they obliged to sign him permanently, anyone know ? 🤷‍♂️

Does it matter now ? He gets injured now he is NOT our responsibility beyond 31 May and Rangers would also wash their hands of him

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Bit I don't  understand as even a question. Not having a go. Rangers are acquiring  a player they must see as someone who will give everything for the current team he plays for else they wouldn't be in for him. 

It will be interesting if Souttar remains here though, as yet it is as likely as Us accepting a low ball fee. Or any other scenario. What if he is still a Hearts player when that time comes calling, one half of the wedgers would be howling the other cheering him on. Mental cases. A career threatening injury seems to be the only solution to this, if we can't have him, then neither can they. Let's see how ****ing loyal they are to him, when they have to pay the rehab.

Edited by Factuer Moi

The Bannon Flick
44 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

It will be interesting if Souttar remains here though, as yet it is as likely as Us accepting a low ball fee. Or any other scenario. What if he is still a Hearts player when that time comes calling, one half of the wedgers would be howling the other cheering him on. Mental cases. A career threatening injury seems to be the only solution to this, if we can't have him, then neither can they. Let's see how ****ing loyal they are to him, when they have to pay the rehab.

Not sure if I have picked you up correctly, are you actually hoping the player gets a serious long term injury? 

Surely not but absolutely mental take if so.

48 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Its not just a fee Rangers need to consider. It's paying his wages at the big baws salary they've promised. A lot depends on the Goldson situation as to his departure this window.

Bazzas right boot
On 25/01/2022 at 11:23, Horatio Caine said:

Sorry to read that Moore has a small thigh problem.  His thighs always looked big enough to me.

Maybe he was mis quoted. 

Maybe he has a small Thai problem?

Bazzas right boot

Sorry to read that Moore has a small thigh problem.  His thighs always looked big enough to me.

Maybe he was mis quoted. 

Bazzas right boot

Maybe he was mis quoted. 

It certainly looks like Everton plan to put Branthwaite out on loan this month.  I suppose a lot will depend on Souttar leaving.  I can't see Everton agreeing to loan him out to us if Souttar is still here (as his 1st team appearances would be limited).  However if Souttar leaves in the next few days I think Everton agreeing to loan Branthwaite to us is a possibility - Although him being Left footed might be an issue and upset the balance of our back three.

https://princerupertstower.com/2021/11/29/everton-jarrad-branthwaite-loan-january/

You can't help thinking that Souttar was left out last week to avoid being cup tied.  Bear in mind that rangers covet this trophy which they have never won.

Still think they will do a deal in this window.

31 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

It certainly looks like Everton plan to put Branthwaite out on loan this month.  I suppose a lot will depend on Souttar leaving.  I can't see Everton agreeing to loan him out to us if Souttar is still here (as his 1st team appearances would be limited).  However if Souttar leaves in the next few days I think Everton agreeing to loan Branthwaite to us is a possibility - Although him being Left footed might be an issue and upset the balance of our back three.

https://princerupertstower.com/2021/11/29/everton-jarrad-branthwaite-loan-january/

Not sure a 19 year-old Everton reserve would solve any problems we might have replacing Souttar regardless of which foot he kicks with.  Experience is what’s needed at this stage of the season. 

1 hour ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Not sure if I have picked you up correctly, are you actually hoping the player gets a serious long term injury? 

Surely not but absolutely mental take if so.

Not really seeking the player to be injured, although i would laugh like **** .

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Its not just a fee Rangers need to consider. It's paying his wages at the big baws salary they've promised. A lot depends on the Goldson situation as to his departure this window.

Yep, everything is speculative right now. 

52 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

If we manage to get Braithwaite in on loan it will most likely be at the expense of Alex Cochrane as Braithwaite would play left centre of a back 3 with Kingsley moving to the wing back slot. I would imagine Everton would have a stipulation in the loan deal stating that he plays most games if fit, similar to the Woodburn deal. Its also possible if Souttar leaves that Braithwaite could play in the Centre of a back 3 with Halkett on the right and Kingsley on the left.

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Does it matter now ? He gets injured now he is NOT our responsibility beyond 31 May and Rangers would also wash their hands of him

I find that surprising on the basis he could be left in limbo if he were to be injured. You may be right but I would have thought his agent might have incorporated some safeguards in the pre-contract  arrangement particularly with his previous history. 

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

In a back four in the CL hahahahaha not a ****ing chance in hell. He won’t even be in the starting line up 😂

Goldson will be away. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Goldson will be away. 

So what, that doesn’t mean that big stiffy will replace him 😆

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

I find that surprising on the basis he could be left in limbo if he were to be injured. You may be right but I would have thought his agent might have incorporated some safeguards in the pre-contract  arrangement particularly with his previous history. 

More likely Rangers have entered some clause, if not the the insurance covers his wages. Usually about half the length of his contract. 

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Fair enough, makes sense. So rangers could do that, so signing a per contract doesn't mean a lot then.👍

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You can't help thinking that Souttar was left out last week to avoid being cup tied.  Bear in mind that the rangers covet this trophy which they have never won.

f.t.f.y.  :icon14:

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You can't help thinking that Souttar was left out last week to avoid being cup tied.  Bear in mind that rangers covet this trophy which they have never won.

Still being in the cup I think we still should have named him to cup tie him. If he wants to kid on he's got a sore ankle then so be it. Watched Dikamona throw everything and the kitchen sink to play in the derby at Easter Road and put in a MOM performance. So its entirely doable and a total nonsense excuse. 

Imagine we both get to the final after selling him? Idiocy IMO.

3 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

If we manage to get Braithwaite in on loan it will most likely be at the expense of Alex Cochrane as Braithwaite would play left centre of a back 3 with Kingsley moving to the wing back slot. I would imagine Everton would have a stipulation in the loan deal stating that he plays most games if fit, similar to the Woodburn deal. Its also possible if Souttar leaves that Braithwaite could play in the Centre of a back 3 with Halkett on the right and Kingsley on the left.

We're not even talking about Moore anymore? 

I think a deal with Bristol must be very doable. He's came in and been pretty solid but nothing spectacular, personally think the laddie has a lot more to give and if a deal can be done now, then it should. (assuming the club are keen ofc)

58 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Fair enough, makes sense. So rangers could do that, so signing a per contract doesn't mean a lot then.👍

It means both agree to a deal at the end of the season. 

If Souttar can't fulfil his side of it by being unable to play football I'd assume Rangers can back out.

If he can play they have to take him.

6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It means both agree to a deal at the end of the season. 

If Souttar can't fulfil his side of it by being unable to play football I'd assume Rangers can back out.

If he can play they have to take him.

I would imagine Souttar wouldn’t have signed a pre contract on those terms.

A_A wehatethehibs

I reckon Rangers might offer £500k and we’ll reject it. Just say, “**** it we’ll keep him”, the message being, Hearts have no financial need to sell good players mid season.

It will then go to deadline day imo 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I reckon Rangers might offer £500k and we’ll reject it. Just say, “**** it we’ll keep him”, the message being, Hearts have no financial need to sell good players mid season.

500 is an absolute steal. And nobody ever stated a price. It was the usual media coming to a figure THEY think is good for a diddy team. No point being robust financially and then not showing it.

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We certainly seem to be in a game of Chicken over it. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

500 is an absolute steal. And nobody ever stated a price. It was the usual media coming to a figure THEY think is good for a diddy team. No point being robust financially and then not showing it.

Yep. As I say I think that type of bid comes in and we might just say, **** off, quadruple it or he’s here till May and good luck with your goldson situation. 500k is 5 months FoH. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep. As I say I think that type of bid comes in and we might just say, **** off, quadruple it or he’s here till May and good luck with your goldson situation. 500k is 5 months FoH. 

There he is playing tonight. To get 3 points  closer to these ***** with months of the season left. 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would imagine Souttar wouldn’t have signed a pre contract on those terms.

Yeah, that would be a massive gamble by soutter, he could end up with nowt.

Surely he'll be looking to sign before end of window, makes sense and hopefully means we get a decent fee.🤞

Special Agent Dale Cooper
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If Halkett is injured the price has gone up.  

I think if the hamstring is bad, Souttar is not for sale. I'd be looking at recalling Chris Hamilton from Arbroath too.

38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Soapy was magnificent tonight. 

Agreed - he strolled through that game. It's difficult to argue with the decision to keep playing him given his performances in the last couple of games.