Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were paid by Scotland when he was injured with them, do clubs not have that insurance?

Insurance company would go out of business paying out every time a player was out injured only a career ended will be insured agaist

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Arfur said:

I would take anything reported by the sun with a massive pinch of salt

Pissed on the club badge and stole the petty cash on last day.

19 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Missed it due to an ankle problem, apparently.

I have a feeling the deal was done weeks ago and waiting till today to announce, with the cash figure based on an agreement he continued to play. 

Playing the celtic game, missing the cup tie, took off half time on saturday and missing from training today. It could well be a legit knock but the cynic in me tells me the management of his game time which has been agreed between clubs will have bumped the fee up a wee bit.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

14 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Richie Britton a few years back had signed for St Johnstone on a pre, bit pulled out to stay at Ross County

Only with agreement from St J, County paid a fee IIRC

11 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I have a feeling the deal was done weeks ago and waiting till today to announce, with the cash figure based on an agreement he continued to play. 

Playing the celtic game, missing the cup tie, took off half time on saturday and missing from training today. It could well be a legit knock but the cynic in me tells me the management of his game time which has been agreed between clubs will have bumped the fee up a wee bit.

Rubbish!

Took a sore one on Saturday, so didn't appear that he was saving himself.

16 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

What was the point of Hearts saying come back when you meet the asking price? Was that part of the agreement?

Edited by Riccarton3

If that mob come in today with £600k (unlikely) I would tell them £750k MINIMUM.

Who do they think they are?  Make Boris look honest!

52 minutes ago, Largo said:

JS signed a deal to join at the end of the season, so he will not have lost one penny in wages !!!

Souttar was clearly expecting Sevco to take him this window. 

Maybe they still will take him now but the price will be a lot more as we are short of cover because of injuries. 

Hope he stays. 

What we have to try and imagine here is Rangers parting with cash in the region of 600k to 750k for someone on a pre contract. Ain't happening 

Edited by Riccarton3

The White Cockade
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Maybe they still will take him now but the price will be a lot more as we are short of cover because of injuries. 

Hope he stays. 

Just guessing?

Captain Scarlett

If, and’s if a big if Sevco put in a bid today, it will be a pittance around £100k with the rest paid in provi cheques.

Edited by Captain Scarlett

8 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

If, and’s if a big if Sevco put in a bid today, it will be a pittance around £100k with the rest paid in provi cheques.

I was going to say Green Shield stamps, but I don't think they have them at Ibrox

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Arfur said:

I would always assume it's lies. It usually is.

Should be entirely off the table now imo barring a stupid bid.

Play ball and negotiate up until last Friday, after that we should have said no more offers welcome imo.

They've had plenty time already.

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hope he stays. 

Yep. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only purpose of a pre-contract is to apply a bit of pressure to the selling club? If Souttar did his achilles again Rangers would squirm out of signing him for sure.  The only benefit for the player is having his future decided but surely he would have to be fit enough to sign the contract proper on the day?

With what has happened since, Hearts bargaining position has actually strengthened for deadline day...

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another angle on Rangers v Hearts at weekend 

We already know Rangers have no class without Barry's far fetched Columbo impressions

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

We already know Rangers have no class without Barry's far fetched Columbo impressions

Yeah the longer they leave it the higher the price gets. Not sure Barry is thinking this through...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Insurance company would go out of business paying out every time a player was out injured only a career ended will be insured agaist

Depends on whether it’s a long term injury insurance maybe and how much you pay, the national teams obviously do it, but yeah we would’ve bankrupted them under Levein and the quacks he employed. 

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jesus Christ Barry we’re not seriously going to let Souttar go if we felt the need for a replacement we have no time to get our hands on. Don’t be daft man he is a Hearts player and we’re not going to give ourselves a problem just because Rangers think they are in the driving seat and phone up at 11pm (unless it’s a ludicrous amount of money of course)

In any case we have already signed a replacement in case you missed it.

Ankle rehab ? what does that even mean? 

Edited by JimmyCant

10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah the longer they leave it the higher the price gets. Not sure Barry is thinking this through...

I mean its vaguely flattering and equally hilarious if  Rangers policy were dictated by a fixture against Hearts at home given our Ibrox record.  They are *****. End of. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I mean its vaguely flattering and equally hilarious if  Rangers policy were dictated by a fixture against Hearts at home given our Ibrox record.  They are *****. End of. 

I keep forgetting the tube (Anderson) is a Rangers fan with all the arrogance that comes along with it

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

should have given the hun a deadline

I’m sure we have.  They have other priorities it seems so have probably missed the Souttar deadline now. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

should have given the hun a deadline

Well, when you are a day away from a derby, aye. But it is what it is. I think it's deid.

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's called professionalism

Would we play Souttar against them if this were the case? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m sure we have.  They have other priorities it seems so have probably missed the Souttar deadline now. 

I feel we may have told them he is staying no matter what the offer is after Halkett got injured. It’s another possibility 

1 minute ago, dustybin said:

Would we play Souttar against them if this were the case? 

Without any question. He can score and not celebrate if he wants 😂

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I feel we may have told them he is staying no matter what the offer is after Halkett got injured. It’s another possibility 

It is, though if they offered silly money and there is a suitable replacement available on loan then I’d think they would take it. Souttar has now picked up knocks in the last  two games he has played - no guarantee how many games we would get out of him between now and season end. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Kind of doubt it, could be wrong though. 

Rangers probably waiting to the last minute to offer serious cash so we don't have time to sign a replacement defender for this season. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I keep forgetting the tube (Anderson) is a Rangers fan with all the arrogance that comes along with it

Ah, well, a good laugh

scott herbertson
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Without any question. He can score and not celebrate if he wants 😂

Kissing the badge would be the appropriate way to celebrate, I understand

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Kissing the badge would be the appropriate way to celebrate, I understand

A Broony in front of the Copland Road 

Their fans are currently buzzin with the news that they have signed on loan A Ramsey from Juventus, this with the Souttar possibility this season. 

5 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Kind of doubt it, could be wrong though. 

Rangers probably waiting to the last minute to offer serious cash so we don't have time to sign a replacement defender for this season. 

Why would Rangers worry about us?  

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why would Rangers worry about us?  

Think about it. Btw, where did I mention worry? 

Edited by dustybin

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All of Robbie’s comments are bartering statements.  “It would have to be a great offer” “at this moment he’s a Hearts player” "He's a top player for us and one of our key players so unless anything changes today, I'd expect him to be ready for tomorrow night.”

All of these are to boost the offer. If we had decided not to sell him, we could simply have come out and said “John is required for our drive for Europe and is not for sale in this window”. 
That would have been clear for everyone and not unsettling for the player. 
We are touting him, no doubt. It’s down to Rangers to decide how much they want him and offer (or not) accordingly and us to decide if enough. 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

All of Robbie’s comments are bartering statements.  “It would have to be a great offer” “at this moment he’s a Hearts player” "He's a top player for us and one of our key players so unless anything changes today, I'd expect him to be ready for tomorrow night.”

All of these are to boost the offer. If we had decided not to sell him, we could simply have come out and said “John is required for our drive for Europe and is not for sale in this window”. 
We are touting him, no doubt. It’s down to Rangers to decide how much they want him and offer (or not) accordingly and us to decide if enough. 

On the other hand Robbie wouldn’t be the correct authority to confirm he isn’t going because that won’t be his decision 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

Obviously not had a great offer. Club comes first, player second.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

On the other hand Robbie wouldn’t be the correct authority to confirm he isn’t going because that won’t be his decision 

Robbie appears to be spokesperson over Savage, even tho it may not be his decision.  

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, Sid said:

I'm afraid that would be no more definite than any of the other phrases you quote. In fact, there are no words that might possibly be said that would have put an end to the matter one way or the other. They are all just words. I'd also find it hard to imagine a way to unsettle a player any more, at any club, once he's signed a contract with another club, regardless of who or where that club is. Regardless of what anyone says to the media, Souttar knows that if TRFC come in with an acceptable bid, his sale will be agreed.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder what it feels like to be signed not for your own worth but for the sole intention of spiking your current employer? He'll regret not going south.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

What a farce, whats his agent doing about all this.

Probably running off to the bank with a big sack of cash (with a pound sign on the side of it for good measure)!

...you do have to wonder what JS makes of all this.

I think hearts should just play complete hardball here. Make a public statement, like they did with the pre contract announcement -if we have not received an offer that meets our valuation of the player by 4pm (could push later if savage/Neilson have a replacement ready and waiting) then we will consider the matter closed and undertake no further negotiations for the sale of the player. Barry Anderson is correct - they’ll want to play silly buggers and will only offer at half 11 tonight 

4 minutes ago, waterboy11 said:

I think hearts should just play complete hardball here. Make a public statement, like they did with the pre contract announcement -if we have not received an offer that meets our valuation of the player by 4pm (could push later if savage/Neilson have a replacement ready and waiting) then we will consider the matter closed and undertake no further negotiations for the sale of the player. Barry Anderson is correct - they’ll want to play silly buggers and will only offer at half 11 tonight 

Easy - just switch the fax machine off and go to bed. We should do nothing that jeopardizes our chances of third place.

Edited by Japan Jambo