• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Yet on the flip side a lot of Hearts fans expect us to challenge Rangers and Celtic at the top of the premier despite them having 15-20 times our budget.  Baffles me.

I do fear a bit for Robbie now I must admit. Hope he kicks on though.

Tbf your'e probably right, we are the ones who try to upset the OF at tynie and to be honest we have had a half decent record against them both in recent times at tynie. 

Maybe I'm just frustrated/fearful as I feel its vitally important we build up a healthy lead of points over the rest just incase they call the league early, Us not going up because of null and void this season would be an absolute disaster! Hopefully it doesn't come to that, However we sure like doing things the hard (Hearts) way.

11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Spot on mate. But I do have to go back to the 2016 Scottish Cup debacle v the vermin. He has maintained to this day that he never told his side to sit back after going 2-0 up at home, well either that is a lie, or his players didn't bother listening to his instructions for them to get further up the park.

Compounded by the fact that within 2 minutes of the replay at Fester Road, guess what, we're sitting miles off them, Gray has acres of space to run forward with the ball & get a cross in unchallenged but it's cleared - you'd think we'd learn huh? Nah, forget it, 2 minutes later theres Gray again in an identical move like the one just before it with freedom to get forward, cross the ball, this time Cummings gets on the end of it, it's 1-0 to them & the rest is history.

As said, either Robbie Neilson is completely disingenuous about how he likes his sides to play, or his communication, motivation & tactical skills are totally lacking. To let an opposition full back have all the time & space in the world to maraud forward, deliver a cross in the box, not once, but twice in the space of a couple of minutes - unfathomable. Forward to this season & there's virtually nothing that I've seen from his latest tenure that makes me believe he's moved on, or changed, in any way from what I witnessed 1st hand in both those games. It's worrying.

You need to re watch the game in 2016 then you might get over it. Bartley hobbled Djoum straight after half time and Ozturk went off injured. That's what ****ed us.

If getting beat by them still bothers you from 5 years ago, surely beating them in a semi cancelled that out.?

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You need to re watch the game in 2016 then you might get over it. Bartley hobbled Djoum straight after half time and Ozturk went off injured. That's what ****ed us.

If getting beat by them still bothers you from 5 years ago, surely beating them in a semi cancelled that out.?

I suggest you read Nellys post again as you have missed the point by some considerable distance.

Stendel was an absolute donkey with no tactics 😂. I was there at paisley that night and it was a disaster class from him👍🏻

Nelly Terraces
33 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm afraid you've completely failed to grasp the fairly simple point I was making. This isn't about "being over" or "cancelling out" anything, it's about the fact that after several years his sides play in a similar languid & passive fashion, lacking in intensity & attacking intent. The games v Dunfermline, Dundee & Raith Rovers this season illustrate this. We also lost to Alloa after being unable to score in over 165 consecutive minutes of football v them in a few days (2nd half of the home game then 90 plus 30 extra time in league cup). As I said, it's a bit concerning really.

I know we've no divine right to beat anyone (believe me, I've been round the block with Hearts for more years than I care to remember to know that), you've got to earn it, but the manner of these defeats quite understandably give people cause to question, that given the resources at his disposal, if he's the right man to get us earning these wins & take us forward.

Interestingly, on Saturday I spoke a very good friend who's a big Dundee United fan and I asked if they'd fancy taking Robbie back "NO Thanks!" was the answer, neither he or his other Utd friends I know were that sad to see Neilson leave. His stock really isn't that high.

Anyway, lets hope for a better performance tomorrow night & take things from there.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Luckily we have you to do all the not accepting things for us.

Though disagreeing with you, you can only admire your approach. 

Never against the ropes when it comes to our team.   Who can't respect that? 

Bazzas right boot

If he continues this philosophy of all out attack and signing wingers and strikers, left right and centre he may well be close to the sack. 

Someone needs to rein our Robbie in, it's not basketball - play a bit more defensive, balanced football. 

It's not all a out flair and attacking, defence is an art form as well. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he continues this philosophy of all out attack and signing wingers and strikers, left right and centre he may well be close to the sack. 

Someone needs to rein our Robbie in, it's not basketball - play a bit more defensive, balanced football. 

It's not all a out flair and attacking, defence is an art form as well. 

Can’t tell if your joking but ffs we don’t need to play defensive in this league, we need better quality attackers because against raith, Dunfermline and dundee we failed to score several clear cut chances. We should be good enough to go to every team attack them from start to finish 

The fact he's not getting sacked anytime soon should really be the best argument. 

It's not of course, much better for the Hearts online maniacs to comment on Dundee Uniteds online maniacs as a justified reason for the bullet. 

2 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

I know nobody on this thread will agree with me but I think that nobody will deny that the club was in a mess when he arrived! Hasn’t been an amazing start but we’re top of the league. If he can get us promotion then I’ll give him the start of next season to try and prove himself! 

I think most reasonable people see it like this.  We've improved and have shown bottle for the first time in a while.  If folk thought it was an easy job to get the squad sorted while we were in a 27 game championship, then they were a bit stupid. As it has gone, we're top of the league and will be promoted if we match the form in our first 12 games.  We beat hibs and lost the final on penalties.  It's as if some posters have an agenda and are waiting for every defeat to have a go - it's their right to have the view but comes across as contrived given how the season has gone so far, in very difficult circumstances.

To the Neilson out brigade I would say learn from history as it didn't do us any good the last time did it? And who would you bring in? Will we just keep doing a Chelsea and after 30 odd games keep changing the manager unless we win something. My generation have always understood that we will lose a few games but we seem to have a few fans similar to Celtic who see any defeat as wholy unacceptable and demand action be taken whenever we do lose. 

12 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

To the Neilson out brigade I would say learn from history as it didn't do us any good the last time did it? And who would you bring in? Will we just keep doing a Chelsea and after 30 odd games keep changing the manager unless we win something. My generation have always understood that we will lose a few games but we seem to have a few fans similar to Celtic who see any defeat as wholy unacceptable and demand action be taken whenever we do lose. 

The Livi boy seems to know how to get results. Maybe just a lucky streak but if he keeps it going I'd make him manager of the year over Slipper G.

People are saying posters are bonkers for suggesting Robbie should walk, when we have been spanked by alloa, out played by Dundee, shown a lesson by Dunfermline, and have been beaten on our own patch by Raith rovers, the same supporters and people that mock Stendel for getting beat by Kilmarnock, St mirren, St Johnstone even though they play in a league above eh 🤔😂

They even tried to say their isn't a massive difference, between the Scottish championship and the Scottish Premiership 😂

Honestly JKB at it's s finest. 

Robbie has been given a pre season and knows the club inside out, and still he can't get it right 😂

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, jambocall51 said:

Can’t tell if your joking but ffs we don’t need to play defensive in this league, we need better quality attackers because against raith, Dunfermline and dundee we failed to score several clear cut chances. We should be good enough to go to every team attack them from start to finish 

My comment was tongue in cheek, however-

No team in the world is good enough to attack from start to Finish in every game. 

Defending is a part of football as well. 

No idea where this " we should be good enough..." comes from? 

Fifa, football manager? 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

People are saying posters are bonkers for suggesting Robbie should walk, when we have been spanked by alloa, out played by Dundee, shown a lesson by Dunfermline, and have been beaten on our own patch by Raith rovers, the same supporters and people that mock Stendel for getting beat by Kilmarnock, St mirren, St Johnstone even though they play in a league above eh 🤔😂

They even tried to say their isn't a massive difference, between the Scottish championship and the Scottish Premiership 😂

Robbie has been given a pre season and knows the club inside out, and still he can't get it right 😂

He's top of the league, so has got it right. 

Stendel taken us from second bottom to bottom, so got it wrong. 

Your stendel chat is horrendous now Tbh. 

Stendel has gone. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No team in the world is good enough to attack from start to Finish in every game. 

Fifa, football manager? 

You are right regarding defending and attacking over 90 minutes. There is something not right with the side though and it isn't just since Neilson either. They start games like they are just going to stroke the ball about for a bit then (maybe a bit later) move up a few gears and do the damage. This will work out ok if the opposition are happy to just sit in and defend but if teams get on top of us and press us we are ****ed. We can all come up with examples of this from CL and DS performances as well as more recently. Whether it's lazieness, over confidence or just too slow to change game plan I have no idea but it is really ****ing annoying.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You are right regarding defending and attacking over 90 minutes. There is something not right with the side though and it isn't just since Neilson either. They start games like they are just going to stroke the ball about for a bit then (maybe a bit later) move up a few gears and do the damage. This will work out ok if the opposition are happy to just sit in and defend but if teams get on top of us and press us we are ****ed. We can all come up with examples of this from CL and DS performances as well as more recently. Whether it's lazieness, over confidence or just too slow to change game plan I have no idea but it is really ****ing annoying.

It is. 

It's a bit strange. 

Also still seems that anything that ends up in our box ends up a goal. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It is. 

It's a bit strange. 

There have been some interesting opinions on other threads about this. Different posters seeing different reasons for it. I personally think our central defenders just aren't good enough, error prone and out of position. The argument that the midfield two don't offer enough protection holds some water as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

There have been some interesting opinions on other threads about this. Different posters seeing different reasons for it. I personally think our central defenders just aren't good enough, error prone and out of position. The argument that the midfield two don't offer enough protection holds some water as well. 

Bit of both surely, also Kingsley who I like is not great defensively. 

We have generally created enough to score 2/3 plus goals every game outwith the Dundee game as well tho and Boyce / Naismith who have scored a fair amount have missed at least 1 very good chance each game ( sitters almost), sometimes more. 

Need to create 2/3 chances to score 1.

Everything that hits the box-goal. 

Start slow. 

Top, doing the job with room to improve 👍

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is. 

It's a bit strange. 

But you said Berra and Halkett would stroll this league.....

I wouldn;t expect us to be able to attach for 90 minutes, not even high tempo and quality teams like Liverpool do that and we can see how Leeds struggle with it as well.

But i do expect us to be confident when we get the ball. If we win the ball in our defensiver 1/3rd of the pitch then that should be the trigger to get forward quickly. Inevitable it slows up and the ball ends up back at Halkett/Berra to be launched up the pitch.

Win the ball, be confident and get bodies forward and stop giving the opposition time to organise their defence. That is my top frustrstion with us.

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I backed Stendel and now I back Robbie and if and when he goes I will back the new guy. Football is full of ups and downs, teams make mistakes and lose confidence, managers make bad choices as well as good but let's just wait and see where we are at the moment. Gerrard lost to teams like Hamilton last season, Liverpool have stopped winning just now and even Jack Ross who many wanted here has hit a nose dive. Let's just be supporters and back our club HHGH

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But you said Berra and Halkett would stroll this league.....

As should smith and Gordon but somthing isn't right with the defence. 

Not sure I said stroll, not a term I use but I might have. 

We'd need to replace with better, I'm not sure we can do that yet either. 

It's a team game, and we are top so we are th best team so far but the defence isn't right and although comfortably top, it's not been a stroll. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fifa, football manager? 

I should've expanded my point. obviously we need to defend in moments in the game, however i should've been a lot clearer with the attacking bit. we need to do better on the attacking front, too many games this season I've seen us be tame and very pedestrian in the attacks and let the opposition set up defensively. the players should be desperate to win every game that they play. it was only in the final ten minutes of the Raith game where we started to look more ominous in our attacks.but I do agree we can't attack from start to finish. and we also need to sign a more commanding centre back with pace.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I backed Stendel and now I back Robbie and if and when he goes I will back the new guy. Football is full of ups and downs, teams make mistakes and lose confidence, managers make bad choices as well as good but let's just wait and see where we are at the moment. Gerrard lost to teams like Hamilton last season, Liverpool have stopped winning just now and even Jack Ross who many wanted here has hit a nose dive. Let's just be supporters and back our club HHGH

The cheek of it.. 

Backing the Hearts manager.... It will never catch on. 

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To be fair Bongo you’ve been wanting him out before most of those things happened so I’m not sure yours is the most unbiased opinion. 😂

On your point of not getting it right, he’s top of the league. Might be getting it perfect but I’m not sure you can say he isn’t getting it right. Plenty room for improvement but being where we should be in the league suggests he is getting it mostly right for now. An unbiased view would give RN the same time and respect you wanted to give DS to clear out the club and build his team. 

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

To be fair Bongo you’ve been wanting him out before most of those things happened so I’m not sure yours is the most unbiased opinion. 😂

On your point of not getting it right, he’s top of the league. Might be getting it perfect but I’m not sure you can say he isn’t getting it right. Plenty room for improvement but being where we should be in the league suggests he is getting it mostly right for now. An unbiased view would give RN the same time and respect you wanted to give DS to clear out the club and build his team. 

Losing to Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers is not "getting it right", whether we're top of the league or not.  

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Losing to Dundee, Alloa, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers is not "getting it right", whether we're top of the league or not.  

Good job I didn’t say he was getting it right then. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The Livi boy seems to know how to get results. Maybe just a lucky streak but if he keeps it going I'd make him manager of the year over Slipper G.

The Livi boy's relying on a player our fans ridiculed. As a club, including Neilson I believe a the time?, we saw Robinson as a forward but he wanted to be a midfielder and it set him back with us. Now, ironically he's making headlines as a forward a lot of the time with Livi and is talking about how happy he is just to play anywhere.

Same thing with Jordan McGhee at Dundee. I seem to remember Robbie thought him too small for a CB and was looking at converting him to defensive mid. He wanted to persist in defence. Now he's doing really well and attracting interest from Premiership clubs playing in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Livi boy's relying on a player our fans ridiculed. As a club, including Neilson I believe a the time?, we saw Robinson as a forward but he wanted to be a midfielder and it set him back with us. Now, ironically he's making headlines as a forward a lot of the time with Livi and is talking about how happy he is just to play anywhere.

Same thing with Jordan McGhee at Dundee. I seem to remember Robbie thought him too small for a CB and was looking at converting him to defensive mid. He wanted to persist in defence. Now he's doing really well and attracting interest from Premiership clubs playing in midfield. 

It has taken Robinson six years to achieve this level of performance as a Premiership midfielder. He had to drop down to Dunfermline and then drop down again to East Fife. When he was at Hearts he clearly wasn’t good enough or he wouldn’t have dropped down the leagues. We couldn’t have played him for six years while waiting for these current performances could we? Fair play to the lad for showing the guts and determination to turn it around and get back to the Scottish Premiership.

The last thing our defence needs is Jordan McGee anywhere near it ...

Guest ToqueJambo
17 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Absolutely no chance - 100% no chance....That bird has flown.......Don't hear much from Utd fans, or MK Dons fan for that matter clamouring to have him back.......

It's getting tedious trying to justify the many reasons for why Neilson should never have had a 2nd chance. I've come to the conclusion that those entrenched in their view that Neilson is the best manager since Ferguson will never waiver away from their option, other than to deflect, browbeat, and bring up that season when he scurried off down the road to the football giants of English football  - MK Dons.

Hearts fans have more fight / bottle than Neilson.....

Raith Chairman = Screwed Hearts over.....Hearts support baying for blood, passive behaviour on and off the park...pathetic!  
Add into that the Dundee & Dunfermline Chairmen.......
Hearts fans would have run through a brick wall to get at them.......and their teams. Energy levels should have been through the roof!
We should have been doing everything to get them to "Take their medicine" ....No motivation....and that lies firmly at the feet of Neilson. 

Zlamal loan to St Mirren.....Happened to be Neilsons pal!.....And it was a supposed help to Zlamal....what a crock o's#it 

Neilson divides opinion like marmite...love or hate......We all know which camp we sit in...

Who would you have taken instead who could have turned our form around so quickly and had us top and inches from a cup win after 12-15 games? Another Cathro/Stendel experiment? A Levein style experienced man? An out of work familiar face to continue the managerial roundabout in Scotland, like Tommy Wright who no-one seems to want? Someone knew to Scottish football?

Where's your evidence other than a few loons on here that Neilson is a marmite choice?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It has taken Robinson six years to achieve this level of performance as a Premiership midfielder. He had to drop down to Dunfermline and then drop down again to East Fife. When he was at Hearts he clearly wasn’t good enough or he wouldn’t have dropped down the leagues. We couldn’t have played him for six years while waiting for these current performances could we? Fair play to the lad for showing the guts and determination to turn it around and get back to the Scottish Premiership.

The last thing our defence needs is Jordan McGee anywhere near it ...

Point is we might know what we're doing with our youngsters sometimes, neither of those boys listen and ended up dropping down the leagues to restart their careers - eventually playing and doing well in the position we wanted them to focus on.

iwasthere1954
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think everyone forgetting that Robinson has been around for years. He played in the lower leagues for a while before ending up with Livingston. He's now 28/29 and I honestly don't think he would have stayed with us much longer than he did. Good luck to him though as he's doing it job for them.

It's good to see there is a thread for the sad and the lonely to express their feelings

Love reading a few of the posts which bring smiles to my face if not outright bursts of laughter a what they think

Trying to tell us players like Jordan McGhee were wrongly released when it was clear he was not up to the job and was indeed the subject of criticism when he last played for us...most could not believe that a club down south had an interest in him and urged the club to move him on if possible...the memory of quite a few on here is certainly playing tricks.

Bongo is so hurt from the failure oh his man...and it was a failure Bongo, he refuses to entertain anyone else and ignores his faults which were clearly on display for the majority of us

Has Stendel got a new job yet ?..for a man who is clearly a top class coach according to some he must be in high demand

Robbie has one job this season which is promotion....we are well ahead at the top despite a couple of bad results and lets be honest many on here had us winning by 3 or 4 goals in every match as if that was going to happen....the disappointment they feel is driving threads like this.

If we are not promoted of course he should go but I still think we will fine ourselves top of the league and promoted at seasons end......that is all that matters this season like it or not

Next season will take care of itself and some can move on to a new thread as to why we are not in the top 3 or 4 but I'll worry about that at the time

quockerwodgerjambo
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

As should smith and Gordon but somthing isn't right with the defence. 

Not sure I said stroll, not a term I use but I might have. 

We'd need to replace with better, I'm not sure we can do that yet either. 

It's a team game, and we are top so we are th best team so far but the defence isn't right and although comfortably top, it's not been a stroll. 

Something is wrong with defence ....

Come on name and shame them.

Berra and Halkett 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who would you have taken instead who could have turned our form around so quickly and had us top and inches from a cup win after 12-15 games? Another Cathro/Stendel experiment? A Levein style experienced man? An out of work familiar face to continue the managerial roundabout in Scotland, like Tommy Wright who no-one seems to want? Someone knew to Scottish football?

Where's your evidence other than a few loons on here that Neilson is a marmite choice?

First of all your response to me is full of inaccuracies!

"Turned around our form so quickly!" - if what I have seen this season is turning form around.....You can count me out!

Stendel experiment? - Stendel inexperienced at management?????....Think you need to look Stendel up on Wiki!

Levein style experienced man.....What exactly is that?.....Levein might be experienced, but he has his own unique style. Not sure there are many out there looking to emulate his style.......Well maybe Neilson!

Tommy Wright is always put up as a worse case scenario. Wright did a great job at St Johnstone on a limited budget. Don't think he has led a team in the championship....(I could be wrong!)

Who did I want to replace Stendel?.......Well if Ann would kindly share the large list of applicants she spoke about maybe, just maybe I could come up with an alternative to Neilson..... 

The managers position is subjective....The one thing you are sure of unless you are Ferguson, Wenger or even Klopp you are going to have a limited shelf life. 
Neilson for me had, had his one shot at managing Hearts. He left to join MK Don's that should have been to end of it. Nothing wrong IMO bringing in someone who is / was not tainted by the past 5 or 6 years football mismanagement.

Edited by Hashimoto

38 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I

Has Stendel got a new job yet ?..for a man who is clearly a top class coach according to some he must be in high demand

Irrelevant - unless you actually know he's actively looking for a return ? Do you ? No, you don't.

Robbie has one job this season which is promotion....we are well ahead at the top despite a couple of bad results and lets be honest many on here had us winning by 3 or 4 goals in every match as if that was going to happen....the disappointment they feel is driving threads like this.

Absolute nonsense. A few over-exhuberant voices are not "many". 

Next season will take care of itself and some can move on to a new thread as to why we are not in the top 3 or 4 but I'll worry about that at the time --

whatever that means , especially given the current dire , aged squad. 

bobby bombscare
43 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's good to see there is a thread for the sad and the lonely to express their feelings

Love reading a few of the posts which bring smiles to my face if not outright bursts of laughter a what they think

Trying to tell us players like Jordan McGhee were wrongly released when it was clear he was not up to the job and was indeed the subject of criticism when he last played for us...most could not believe that a club down south had an interest in him and urged the club to move him on if possible...the memory of quite a few on here is certainly playing tricks.

Bongo is so hurt from the failure oh his man...and it was a failure Bongo, he refuses to entertain anyone else and ignores his faults which were clearly on display for the majority of us

If we are not promoted of course he should go but I still think we will fine ourselves top of the league and promoted at seasons end......that is all that matters this season like it or not

Next season will take care of itself and some can move on to a new thread as to why we are not in the top 3 or 4 but I'll worry about that at the time

I might be wrong but i'm 99% sure i saw him as part of Klopps staff on Sunday!

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Something is wrong with defence ....

Come on name and shame them.

Berra and Halkett 

Berra missed a large part of the season and it was the same issue when he was gone, if not worse some games. Souttar was in and the same issue, we have upgraded Goalies and same issue.  Different managers, same issue, Smith is good but he's been here all that time as has Halkett. Kingsley is a good player but he's been suspect at the back at time as well.

No name and shame here, dunno why that is needed.

Unsure if it is luck, individual errors, the balance, the mentality - really not sure. We don't actually give that much away, even  on conceding 3 goals and with a penalty save, Gordon had very little to do the rest of the game. Strange.

quockerwodgerjambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Berra missed a large part of the season and it was the same issue when he was gone, if not worse some games. Souttar was in and the same issue, we have upgraded Goalies and same issue.  Different managers, same issue, Smith is good but he's been here all that time as has Halkett. Kingsley is a good player but he's been suspect at the back at time as well.

No name and shame here, dunno why that is needed.

Unsure if it is luck, individual errors, the balance, the mentality - really not sure. We don't actually give that much away, even  on conceding 3 goals and with a penalty save, Gordon had very little to do the rest of the game. Strange.

The name and shame part was to do with you saying  something isn't right. All i was doing was naming the defenders that are ****ing things up for us, then again Robbie is picking them to play.

I dunno how we are going to get out of the hole in playing them, not got much to replace them with.  Move players and we weaken the areas they move from.

Not meaning to put you on the front foot.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

The name and shame part was to do with you saying  something isn't right. All i was doing was naming the defenders that are ****ing things up for us, then again Robbie is picking them to play.

I dunno how we are going to get out of the hole in playing them, not got much to replace them with.  Move players and we weaken the areas they move from.

Not meaning to put you on the front foot.

That is why I don't just a demand a player leaves, it's daft, We need to get better in and that's not a given because where we are at the moment.

Different defenders, different tactics, different goalies- we still seem to concede very easy, despite not giving too much away, often we create more!

We'll win the league so it's something that needs addressed in the summer. We are scoring lots and creating lots despite our generally slow starts. Be good to se a game at 0-0 tho and either win it or see it out, seems to be win easily or throw goals in for fun at the back- no in-between.

37 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I might be wrong but i'm 99% sure i saw him as part of Klopps staff on Sunday!

That guy - don't know his name - has been with Klopp for ages. You're right, though; he is the spitting image of DS.

bobby bombscare
18 minutes ago, May one-six said:

That guy - don't know his name - has been with Klopp for ages. You're right, though; he is the spitting image of DS.

I was so confused when I saw him because I never saw his move in the news but it really does look his spitting image! 😂

Bazzas right boot

Reading many threads about the players we should have kept, the ones that we needed, the ones  we need, the ones that got away and looking through this thread, it is clear that only one man can manage us.... 

download (5).jpeg

Edited by Smith's right boot

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's top of the league, so has got it right. 

Stendel taken us from second bottom to bottom, so got it wrong. 

Your stendel chat is horrendous now Tbh. 

Stendel has gone. 

Yeah he's got it right, he's been beaten by teams that have a fraction of our budget but he's getting it right 👍

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

quockerwodgerjambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is why I don't just a demand a player leaves, it's daft, We need to get better in and that's not a given because where we are at the moment.

Different defenders, different tactics, different goalies- we still seem to concede very easy, despite not giving too much away, often we create more!

We'll win the league so it's something that needs addressed in the summer. We are scoring lots and creating lots despite our generally slow starts. Be good to se a game at 0-0 tho and either win it or see it out, seems to be win easily or throw goals in for fun at the back- no in-between.

The chat in here on the topic has been going around in circle for a few seasons, they have had plenty time to sort things out. No lessons learned, no pace or turning ability. In Berra's defense he is a die hard trier. Halkett gets Kudos for his goal scoring at the right end, he though gives me the Hibs'dit feeling he will score a own goal or end up on the grass leaving Berra to be pushed in the back or just plain miss the ball Halkett was going for.

Driving me mad, shitting myself they will leak goals tonight and cement my rage.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah he's got it right, he's been beaten by teams that have a fraction of our budget but he's getting it right 👍

You new to football?

With that thinking we'd never , ever beat Celtic or Rangers .

It's a ridiculous argument and the argument of someone who has lost all credibility.

Neilson has us top of the league, the league is made up from a number of games and the best team in that division ends up top. We have the best squad and the most expensive one and we sit top- exactly where we should be.

Your footballing Guru Stendel, however had us drop down a place in the league behind the likes of Hamilton , St Mirren, Ross County , not only beat but actually performing worse over the course of the league that , yes- you guessed it- from teams with a far smaller budget.

Thanks for playing.

With your logic, Gerrard to be sacked for drawing with Motherwell and hibs, teams with a fraction of the budget. Or maybe they should have sacked him when we knocked him out the SC- a team with a fraction of the budget, injuries and near the bottom of the league?

Ofc not, because football is played over a season.

Your love for a guy, who in terms of the league performed worse than CL last season is admirable. 

quockerwodgerjambo
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Reading many threads about the players we should have kept, the ones that we needed, the ones  we need, the ones that got away and looking through this thread, it is clear that only one man can manage us.... 

download (5).jpeg

Stolen .

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )