Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Eye bleeding football. :lol: 

You're watching the Scottish Championship in winter, what are you expecting? We've scored 39 goals in 13 games!

His bleeding eyes missed the goals, understandably. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

bobby bombscare
20 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

3 points is all that matters @ the end of the day.. 

Eye bleeding football it is then, still not convinced though, cracks and paper and all that. 

Move on

😂😂😂😂 eye bleeding football. You really can't please some fans! As quoted above, one of the best goal tally's we've had in years, end to end games against hibs and celtic and some fantastic goals (naisy could get finish of the season for his volley). Yet folk are still moaning it's eye bleeding.

I would love to put some of these guys in with the pundits on match of the day. 

Last night could have been 10-0. I am struggling to remember a more one sided game. The difference from Saturday, (where we allowed Raith to look like Barcelona in the first half) was a very pleasant surprise.

However, the fact that we have turned in Woeful performances against Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee, not to mention a few in the League Cup leaves us with more questions than answers.

The only major factor can be the Manager. It is his job to ensure we start on the front foot, and not ***** about at the back with tippy tappy passes that get us nowhere. There is not a single team in this division we should be afraid of. Yet all too often we witness such Ponderous rubbish. When we are pressed we panic, and with the quality of players we have that should not happen. I remember leaving Tynecastle with the biggest smile on my face after we thrashed celtic 4-0 playing a high tempo pressing game. I though thats it, great things are about to happen until the next game when we reverted to type.

If Robbie Neilson can produce what we saw last night, against hibs in the second half, Dundee at Tynecastle and the second half against celtic at Hampden I am happy to support him. Deep down, I am not sure he can produce that on a regular basis.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Last night could have been 10-0. I am struggling to remember a more one sided game. The difference from Saturday, (where we allowed Raith to look like Barcelona in the first half) was a very pleasant surprise.

However, the fact that we have turned in Woeful performances against Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee, not to mention a few in the League Cup leaves us with more questions than answers.

The only major factor can be the Manager. It is his job to ensure we start on the front foot, and not ***** about at the back with tippy tappy passes that get us nowhere. There is not a single team in this division we should be afraid of. Yet all too often we witness such Ponderous rubbish. When we are pressed we panic, and with the quality of players we have that should not happen. I remember leaving Tynecastle with the biggest smile on my face after we thrashed celtic 4-0 playing a high tempo pressing game. I though thats it, great things are about to happen until the next game when we reverted to type.

If Robbie Neilson can produce what we saw last night, against hibs in the second half, Dundee at Tynecastle and the second half against celtic at Hampden I am happy to support him. Deep down, I am not sure he can produce that on a regular basis.

what manager can? We’ve not had one since burley. 😂 and before that JJ but only for a brief spell.

first and foremost promotion, then solidly back in the top 5. Then assess where we are at

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Can you actually read and understand a whole post.

We are playing teams that should be cannon fodder and are not starting off on front foot and scoring for fun with the players we have

If you expect to thump every team by a large amount of goals you're deluded, you have lost all grasp of reality, you'll also be angry - a lot. 

Football just doesn't work like that. 

The stats do not back up your "passive" theory. You are Slavering there I'm afraid. 

We are top, averaging over 3 goals a game so whether you dislike Robbie or not you need to suck it up and admit he's doing his job. 

It's not perfect and there room for improvement but no where near a sacking offence, this thread is ridiculous. 

Until folk that don't like Robbie accept this they will not enjoy supporting Hearts in any positive way for the near future, it's a choice tho- be a miserable ******* when we win, be a miserable ******* shouting for heeds to roll when we lose. 

Whether you or I  think he will be OK for the top flight next season is just conjecture from both sides, but I'll point you to the last he was with us and we were in about the top of the league. 

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yet he ridicules the opinion of anyone who doesn’t agree with him. Can’t have it both ways. If he questions the manner in which people support the club he should expect the same in return. Or he could wind his neck in and not jump from thread to thread posting the same shite.

To be fair, the riduciling goes both ways and not exclusive to him.  I got a fair bit when i questioned this thread and what we would achieve after Saturday's game.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I know DUFC are a bit of a basket case but I still can’t get my head round why RN dropped them. The cynic in me says it’s for an easier life but I don’t know.

There's no real mystery. Hearts are a bigger and better club and D Utd are a basket case. Steven Pressley said as much when commenting on why Neilson left and he knows Neilson. Plenty managers have "dropped us" for more money, different challenges etc, including some of our most popular like JJ and Sergio. Neilson also loves the club. I've certainly never heard him badmouthing Hearts the way some on here do.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There's no real mystery. Hearts are a bigger and better club and D Utd are a basket case. Steven Pressley said as much when commenting on why Neilson left and he knows Neilson. Plenty managers have "dropped us" for more money, different challenges etc, including some of our most popular like JJ and Sergio. Neilson also loves the club. I've certainly never heard him badmouthing Hearts the way some on here do.

Fair play to you responding to that utter nonsense of a post. 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Read the whole post. 

I said the game last night and the first game against Dundee was only times we had started on front foot.

We have been too passive in other games

You finished it by saying a “change is needed”. Should we change it back to passive or should we change it more than 21 shots and 11 corners?  

Or maybe give him a chance to get his new players to settle and see if he can maintain that style and level of performance before starting again? 

Bazzas right boot

Pretty sure members of the brains trust were defending That Mellon lad, the Utd manager  just a bit further up this thread.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

This team is clearly nowhere near good enough for SPFL top 3, primarily because we haven't been able to fix our defensive or midfield problems.

Lets try and do the business and get promoted and try and fill these gaps.

I just hope that we have our act together on Saturday as I was raging and shut down my browser one minute into the second half.

Have to admit I find it bizarre that a lot of people, not picking on you, seem to be watching our games and judging the team as if it was a Premiership team or trying to imagine where we'd be if we were playing in the Premiership.

There's no doubt we have one eye on next season, with the signings of Gordon, Kingsley, GMS and Armand in particular and the new contract for Smith, but we're building a team to win the Championship first and foremost. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

what manager can? We’ve not had one since burley. 😂 and before that JJ but only for a brief spell.

first and foremost promotion, then solidly back in the top 5. Then assess where we are at

This. Literally no football team in Scotland EVER plays the kind of football some seem to expect us to play every week. Or if they do - attacking, fun to watch, front foot, winning football - they're either Rangers or Celtic with all their resources or they're a non-OF club who have a good spell  for a while, which we do as well quite often and have done under Neilson in the Championship and Premiership, and even did under Levein.

Part of it is the pitches and weather and all the teams determined not to play football, like your Hamiltons or whoever, part of it is the general standard of footballer up here, and part of it is the culture of mostly agricultural football in this country.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Nelly Terraces

Hopefully last night wasn't a one off as it was refreshing to see us play at a higher tempo, closing down the opposition making it difficult for them to play & despite some pretty poor finishing creating a lot of chances.

Guess we'll find out on Saturday. Play like that & 3 points are ours, no question.

24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hopefully last night wasn't a one off as it was refreshing to see us play at a higher tempo, closing down the opposition making it difficult for them to play & despite some pretty poor finishing creating a lot of chances.

Guess we'll find out on Saturday. Play like that & 3 points are ours, no question.

Can’t argue with any of that. 

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Read the post. I said only time we started on front foot was first game of season and last night

Did you forget the embarrassment at Dens where we got outperform arses handed to us. Schooled

Schooled means educated. Your point? What did Robbie learn from McPake? 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Big factor in absence of tippy tappy at the back last night was that Berra was injured.  Hard to be anything but ponderous when there’s no pace in your midfield. He has said he is trying to fix that. 
No Berra, no Naismith, no Lee means the snails have gone. Add in Gms, Ginelly and Hendo and there’s much more pace about the team. 

How do we go from being 3-0 down at home to Raith, to hammering them 4-0 away? 

It's mental, it doesn't make sense and something is wrong. 

Rangers are top of their league, do you see them going 3-0 down to hamilton at home? 

Madness. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Schooled means educated. Your point? What did Robbie learn from McPake? 

The word is used in slang too, often to describe how someone is taught a lesson, the hard way. Getting schooled is often associated with losing, being defeated, or failure.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The word is used in slang too, often to describe how someone is taught a lesson, the hard way. Getting schooled is often associated with losing, being defeated, or failure.

Maybe it was Robbie who schooled McPake in the first game. Then McPake took what he learnt and applied it in the next game.

tbh if Robbie has been taught a lesson by anyone this season it's John McGlynn, who is a very experienced coach after all. It's a good sign that Robbie learnt the lesson so quickly and basically played them at their own game yesterday by being up for it from the start, but did it much better.

6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Are we expecting a manager that never gets beaten then? 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Rangers are top of their league, do you see them going 3-0 down to hamilton at home? 

Madness. 

There have been a lot of weird results in most leagues this season - or at least the Premiership, EPL and our league as the ones I've been following. Wouldn't be surprised if there have been some very odd results in the Bundesliga and La Liga as well. Rangers are a bit of an outlier, even looking at EPL teams. They've been really consistent under Gerrard this season - probably the most consistent team in the UK.

16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Madness. 

Liverpool went from being top of the league to 7-2 down against Villa so it happens to the best of them. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are we expecting a manager that never gets beaten then? 

Your interpretation of Merseys use of the term schooled was incorrect. 

Nelly Terraces
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t argue with any of that. 

Oh I dunno Dave, I'm sure someone on here will find something wrong with it!:D

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have to admit I find it bizarre that a lot of people, not picking on you, seem to be watching our games and judging the team as if it was a Premiership team or trying to imagine where we'd be if we were playing in the Premiership.

There's no doubt we have one eye on next season, with the signings of Gordon, Kingsley, GMS and Armand in particular and the new contract for Smith, but we're building a team to win the Championship first and foremost. 

I was replying to a series of posts where some expect us to go up and take the premiership by storm.

Just trying to put a reality check that we really don't have the strength and depth.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Madness. 

St mirren beat them 3-2 in the cup.

Funny you use hamilton as an example, they beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time ever iirc last season.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Funny you use hamilton as an example, they beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time ever iirc last season.

You've got an excuse for everything. It's almost like you're on the budge pay roll. 

Can you not just be honest for once? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You've got an excuse for everything. It's almost like you're on the budge pay roll. 

Can you not just be honest for once? 

What am I lieing about? 

The results aren't an excuse, they're results that happened. 

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What am I lieing about? 

The results aren't an excuse, they're results that happened. 

It's either lying, ignorance or stupidity. 

4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Madness. 

Different sport but NHLs payoffs and subsequent final is best of 7 games and with it being so physical it does create a bit of rivalry between players game on game.

Point being I've seen vastly different score and results between the game two teams in 2 weeks playing 7 games to more than see it can happen in football.

If anything it could be a sign of Nelson's skills as a manager. Went into a game, was outplayed, was able to analysis what went wrong, correct it and absolutely demolish the same team 3 days later

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Adrian Sprott would have something to say about that..............

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's either lying, ignorance or stupidity. 

Yes you are. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Adrian Sprott would have something to say about that..............

He he, point stands. 

Every game is different. 

Some tubes on here can't understand why one result is different from another v the same team. 

13 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Your interpretation of Merseys use of the term schooled was incorrect. 

Mine was dictionary not slang.  Even using the slang interpretation think the results against bit McPake and McGlynn would suggest schooling was in Robbie’s favour. 

I wasn't happy with today's performance if that's what you are checking on.

Gordon great saves. Walker great goal. Outside of that we were poor.

I'm checking on the thread because it's a nonsense thread because he's not going anywhere and I said last week we would skoosh the league and was ridiculed - so excuse me if I come back with a little bit of GIRUY for the moment.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, Gards said:

I'm checking on the thread because it's a nonsense thread because he's not going anywhere and I said last week we would skoosh the league and was ridiculed - so excuse me if I come back with a little bit of GIRUY for the moment.

you’ve won mate well done :)

:clap:

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

GIRUY??????

Nobody allowed to express an opinion unless it all sweetness and nice things said about Neilson Especially an opinion where it was quite obvious that the tactics or players interpretation of said tactics were crap?

Two great results on the bounce, and nobody can have any complaints. However, every time we get a result people like you are going come back with a GIRUY to other Hearts supporters who use a fans forum to express an opinion that differs from yours ?

I think a wee bit humility and respect is due whether you agree or disagree with certain individuals or comments made.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

GIRUY??????

Nobody allowed to express an opinion unless it all sweetness and nice things said about Neilson Especially an opinion where it was quite obvious that the tactics or players interpretation of said tactics were crap?

Two great results on the bounce, and nobody can have any complaints. However, every time we get a result people like you are going come back with a GIRUY to other Hearts supporters who use a fans forum to express an opinion that differs from yours ?

I think a wee bit humility and respect is due whether you agree or disagree with certain individuals or comments made.

Don't put this back on me.  I was asked and was ridiculed for my opinion - which was the thread was nonsense because Budge wouldn't sack Robbie.  He was hired to get us out of this championship and will do so.  We'll skoosh the league and next season will be quite different.

I get slagged off for that and i'm supposed to express humility.  GTF.

Just now, Gards said:

Don't put this back on me.  I was asked and was ridiculed for my opinion - which was the thread was nonsense because Budge wouldn't sack Robbie.  He was hired to get us out of this championship and will do so.  We'll skoosh the league and next season will be quite different.

Aw right......I'll use your limited language.....You GTF.......Who are you to decide whether a thread is nonsense or not?

For a "so called" nonsense thread.....It certainly has attracted a lot of attention!.....

I agree, we'll skoosh the league, and I bow to your insight as far as Neilson appointment remit is concerned.

But to GIRUY people, does it give you a nice, warm fuzzy feeling tonight? 

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Aw right......I'll use your limited language.....You GTF.......Who are you to decide whether a thread is nonsense or not?

For a "so called" nonsense thread.....It certainly has attracted a lot of attention!.....

I agree, we'll skoosh the league, and I bow to your insight as far as Neilson appointment remit is concerned.

But to GIRUY people, does it give you a nice, warm fuzzy feeling tonight? 

The ones who deserve a GIRUY, yes it does.

lost in space
6 minutes ago, Gards said:

Gards - You obviously have doubt about Neilson for next season. quite right. Those of us who dont want him have just got a longer term view.

Just now, lost in space said:

Gards - You obviously have doubt about Neilson for next season. quite right. Those of us who dont want him have just got a longer term view.

Next season is ifs, buts and maybes.  When Neilson took us up last season he basically changed the whole team, got us into Europe first season and left us in second place the year after. (yes Aberdeen had two games in hand and his England stint wasn't successful before the others start).  So I don't know yet....depends what happens in the close season with respects recruitment.  Just too early to say I'd say.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Gards said:

It’s a nonsense thread that’s why you bumped it.

:lol:

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Gards said:

Next season is ifs, buts and maybes.  When Neilson took us up last season he basically changed the whole team, got us into Europe first season and left us in second place the year after. (yes Aberdeen had two games in hand and his England stint wasn't successful before the others start).  So I don't know yet....depends what happens in the close season with respects recruitment.  Just too early to say I'd say.

Yes, agreed. Does look as though we will go up.

I hope he has learnt from his mistakes last time. On paper, his record after promtion looked good - but many fans (included me) wanted him gone due to the terrible football we played.

Terrible football - A bit like today.

He doesnt seem to be able to motivate players for most games - so dont think it is all about recruitment.

Flux Capacitor
12 minutes ago, Gards said:

Correct.

Talk of long term views are complete nonsense. 

He’s well on course to achieving what he set out to do.

After that we shall see how it plays out. He’ll deserve his shot at it though.

36 minutes ago, Gards said:

Let me put this in context for you Robbie has players in his team, that played in the English premiership. 

Players that have been on about 25k-40 a week in wages. 

Yet we have lost 3 times in the league this season. 

Now you can say what you want, Robbie will win us the championship this season. 

Overall progress of the club? Let's see. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let me put this in context for you Robbie has players in his team, that played in the English premiership. 

Players that have been on about 25k-40 a week in wages. 

Yet we have lost 3 times in the league this season. 

Now you can say what you want, Robbie will win us the championship this season. 

Overall progress of the club? Let's see. 

Seems a bit of a strange comparison.  When did those players last play in the English premiership and when did they last earn 25-40k wages a week?

Where we are, the situation we're in - he's been asked to do a job which is to get us promoted.  He'll succeed.

Stendel was asked to keep us up.  He failed.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )