Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

best in the land

Wrong appointment for me would far have preferred Stendal to stay. 

Frear, Halliday, Roberts and popescu are terrible signings. 

Not signing a goalscorer another big mistake. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

5 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Not much wrongvwith that now. But we'll have time to rectify it before the end of the season.

best in the land
2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

First defeat and the pitchfork brigade are out and rattling the keyboards. How predictable. 🙄

And the happy clappers are out in force 

First defeat and we’ve now got a Robbie bashing thread. Give him time ffs. He still inherited a shit show. Our squad next year won’t resemble this years squad. If Robbie needs to motivate players then these players aren’t the answer. Pulling the maroon shirt on should be enough.

We have no real leader or any leaders on the park. Halkett is not a centre half and hasn’t been since he signed for us. Roberts is just a shite signing, Halliday isn’t fit, Lee still takes too long on the ball, Naismith is getting slow, Wighton isn’t a wide man, Boyce isn’t a natural goal scorer and Popescu is a championship player at worst. Jamie Walker is a luxury but not when the going gets tough....have I missed anyone? 
Michael Smith is our most honest pro and never gives anything less than 100%. 

It’s going to be another long season I’m afraid.  

Edited by Saughton Jambo

A lazy appointment by Ann. Another friend and person she trusts. He's not the guy to take us forward. 

A few folk on another thread were saying some fans can't forgive robbie for losing the 2 goal lead v hibs and them eventually winning the cup. But tonight brings back his shortcomings from 4 years ago. Slow, pedestrian football, boring, passy passy football across the back. Then a big lump up the pitch and lose possession. No idea how to change things and turn it round.

Should still get us out the league but we should be setting our standards higher if (and it's a big if!) We go up. 

best in the land
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ahhhh so that’s the answer just “sign a goalscorer” why did nobody think of that! 

Club's much smaller than hearts seem to manage it

19 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Solid poster for well over a decade...

🤮🤢

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Honeymoon is over for Robbie. 

This!! 

We’ve been absolutely crap but grinding out results.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to him and the players. 

Gordon Ramsay

Not calling for Robbie's head but we've been shite all season and fluked wins. 30 mins vs Dundee isn't going to cut it. Need a huge improvement. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

First defeat and we’ve now got a Robbie bashing thread. Give him time ffs. He still inherited a shit show. Our squad next year won’t resemble this years squad. If Robbie needs to motivate players then these players aren’t the answer. Pulling the maroon shirt on should be enough.

We have no real leader or any leaders on the park. Halkett is not a centre half and hasn’t been since he signed for us. Roberts is just a shite signing, Halliday isn’t fit, Lee still takes too long on the ball, Naismith is getting slow, Wighton isn’t a wide man, Boyce isn’t a natural goal scorer and Popescu is a championship player at worst. Jamie Walker is a luxury but not when the going gets tough....have I missed anyone? 
Michael Smith is our most honest pro abs never gives anything less than 100%. 

That's what was said about cathro and levein. We gave them too much time. 

Edited by Paulp74

best in the land
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He's inherited a shitshow and added more shit. 

Haring declares he is playing without any pain

Hearts say he is being rested

we haven’t played for 10 days

how much rest does he need?

stop the bullshit

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Never the less we even with what we have shoud be more than enough to beat a mediocre Dunfermline side. Robbie will take some stick for this show and it is deserved. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Well that is properly depressing and I can’t disagree with much of it. 

just as well we beat Hibs it we would all be suicidal. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Never the less we even with what we have shoud be more than enough to beat a mediocre Dunfermline side. Robbie will take some stick for this show and it is deserved. 

Dunfermline treated the game as a cup tie. We didn’t. 

best in the land
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Haring declares he is playing without any pain

Hearts say he is being rested

we haven’t played for 10 days

how much rest does he need?

stop the bullshit

Haring is the best midfielder we have by miles

Brighton Jambo

Threads like this make an absolute mockery of our best fans in Scotland claim.

Honestly OP have a word with yourself it’s embarrassing.  

What feels me with dread is having threads like this appear every time we lose a game.  It’s just soul destroying.  

4 minutes ago, best in the land said:

He's inherited a shitshow and added more shit. 

I wouldn’t disagree with you. More dross is not what we need right now. Frear and Roberts are empty jerseys. We need an engine room and sadly we don’t have one 

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

And he deserves stick for this performance. I’d have the ****s in training tomorrow to show them what playing for HMFC really means. We shouldn’t be carrying passengers like the last 5 years. Simply unacceptable performance tonight 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Before the season started every club in Scotland outside Celtic and Rangers would have had Boyce as their main striker.   We didn’t need to sign another one.  

best in the land
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Before the season started every club in Scotland outside Celtic and Rangers would have had Boyce as their main striker.   We didn’t need to sign another one.  

Clearly we did

9 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That's what was said about cathro and levein. We gave them too much time. 

Completely agree we should defo change manager after every defeat.

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Ahhh I see so because some striker at another club scored a few goals, we should’ve known about that beforehand, and got this unknown player in ahead of the smaller club so he could just step in to our starting line up ahead of Boyce and Naismith to come in and score 30 goals. Who knew, football management is that easy! 

I often feel for managers.  As per, I haven't seen this game but from all accounts it seems that on another day we would have scored 4.  Also pretty disappointing to concede a goal to a wicked deflection.

My point is that there is absolutely nothing RN or any other coach can do about these things.

Anyway, I'd rather be RN than the German coach.

Christ I bet folk were itching to start a thread like this since the season started :lol:

If losing becomes a habit then we should start worrying

13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I wouldn’t disagree with you. More dross is not what we need right now. Frear and Roberts are empty jerseys. We need an engine room and sadly we don’t have one 

And he deserves stick for this performance. I’d have the ****s in training tomorrow to show them what playing for HMFC really means. We shouldn’t be carrying passengers like the last 5 years. Simply unacceptable performance tonight 

Pretty sure they will be in tomorrow and Sunday. Big game on Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Christ I bet folk were itching to start a thread like this since the season started :lol:

yep

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’m just amazed there are people like you who think we’ve been looking like we’re going to romp this utter shit league 😀

I never said romp, but we'll definitely win it

Thats the problem with bringing in ex managers, little honeymoon period.

Should never have been appointed, just like Levein 2nd time around. Will get us out this league due to budget and players at his disposal but not the long term answer imo.

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

The away performances have become a habit.

That’s great!

Hearts lost.  :yas:

We can now have a million threads on it.

Hope Robbie takes all the stick too, he really deserves it.

Wee team boys on here waiting for the defeat.   :vrface:

26 minutes ago, best in the land said:

And the happy clappers are out in force 

Not a happy clapper. Not happy we lost. Just not chucking the toys out the pram because we lost. 

best in the land
1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Not a happy clapper. Not happy we lost. Just not chucking the toys out the pram because we lost.

This has been coming though, scraping through with poor performances 

A lot of the same kind of posts at start of last year and things got worse. 

We should be doing far better than this. 

36 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

A lazy appointment by Ann. Another friend and person she trusts. He's not the guy to take us forward. 

A few folk on another thread were saying some fans can't forgive robbie for losing the 2 goal lead v hibs and them eventually winning the cup. But tonight brings back his shortcomings from 4 years ago. Slow, pedestrian football, boring, passy passy football across the back. Then a big lump up the pitch and lose possession. No idea how to change things and turn it round.

Should still get us out the league but we should be setting our standards higher if (and it's a big if!) We go up. 

This is where I am. Ann is obviously a fan of pedestrian football.

39 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Sorry but ‘Boyce isn’t a natural goal-scorer’ is just nuts. 48 in 99 at Ross County, 69 in 137 for Coleraine, even 22 in 78 at a struggling Burton is more than decent. Stats of a proven goal-scorer. 
Agree re Popescu, he is better than championship and will be when played in correct position 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This is where I am. Ann is obviously a fan of pedestrian football.

Eh!!! ... what a *** stupid comment .... did Ann's crystal ball run out of batteries? ... deary *** me!

38 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not calling for Robbie's head but we've been shite all season and fluked wins. 30 mins vs Dundee isn't going to cut it. Need a huge improvement. 

My thoughts exactly. Tide has turned now, time for him to earn his wages.  I’m actually more angry tonight with Naismith, Halliday and Halkett.  All of them should be ashamed with their performances tonight. These are the guys you need to step up and show some experience, yet they were the ones tonight making all the mistakes. 

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thats the problem with bringing in ex managers, little honeymoon period.

Should never have been appointed, just like Levein 2nd time around. Will get us out this league due to budget and players at his disposal but not the long term answer imo.

Who instead then? 

1 hour ago, best in the land said:

Fully agree with you ... would much rather have had Stendel stay on 

That said, my one major complaint with Stendel was that he just wasn’t given enough time to get it right. Fully believe he would have in time.

Now isn’t the time to be churning more managers. That’s just mental knee jerk mentality and it’s the last thing we need right now 

Its the players that need a swift boot up the arse for tonight’s performance and nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Maroon 1874 said:

Eh!!! ... what a *** stupid comment .... did Ann's crystal ball run out of batteries? ... deary *** me!

WTF are you raving about?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Who instead then? 

Not for me to choose and can't wait for the day its not Budges choice as well.

Business side she is an asset, football side of things not great.

Just now, Gambo said:

Not for me to choose and can't wait for the day its not Budges choice as well.

Business side she is an asset, football side of things not great.

Cop out as usual. Easy to sit in the fence and criticise. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )