Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

First of all your response to me is full of inaccuracies!

"Turned around our form so quickly!" - if what I have seen this season is turning form around.....You can count me out!

Stendel experiment? - Stendel inexperienced at management?????....Think you need to look Stendel up on Wiki!

Levein style experienced man.....What exactly is that?.....Levein might be experienced, but he has his own unique style. Not sure there are many out there looking to emulate his style.......Well maybe Neilson!

Tommy Wright is always put up as a worse case scenario. Wright did a great job at St Johnstone on a limited budget. Don't think he has led a team in the championship....(I could be wrong!)

Who did I want to replace Stendel?.......Well if Ann would kindly share the large list of applicants she spoke about maybe, just maybe I could come up with an alternative to Neilson..... 

The managers position is subjective....The one thing you are sure of unless you are Ferguson, Wenger or even Klopp you are going to have a limited shelf life. 
Neilson for me had, had his one shot at managing Hearts. He left to join MK Don's that should have been to end of it. Nothing wrong IMO bringing in someone who is / was not tainted by the past 5 or 6 years football mismanagement.

Attacking football away from home, dominating even before the Raith guy sent off, 4-0 win, new striker signed by Neilson scores two on his debut, nine points in front in the league, loads of goals scored, delivered a derby semi final win and put in a brilliant cup final performance. 

Where is it all going wrong for Robbie Neilson?

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Attacking football away from home, dominating even before the Raith guy sent off, 4-0 win, new striker signed by Neilson scores two on his debut, nine points in front in the league. 

Wonder who signed the new player as Robbie isn't capable. Any ideas ?

Midfield Dynamo
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Attacking football away from home, dominating even before the Raith guy sent off, 4-0 win, new striker signed by Neilson scores two on his debut, nine points in front in the league, loads of goals scored, delivered a derby semi final win and put in a brilliant cup final performance. 

Ha ha well said Fella

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Attacking football away from home, dominating even before the Raith guy sent off, 4-0 win, new striker signed by Neilson scores two on his debut, nine points in front in the league. 

No problem with that......Night and day performance from last Saturday.

The team came out the traps quick, played the high press and looked much hungrier for the ball.

An excellent performance, and credit to Neilson for setting the team up and getting his tactics right.

However, the minimum standard has been set. Don't want tonight to just be a one off performance.....

And FWIW....A call out also to two players who get it in the neck.....I thought Walker and Popescu were excellent.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

The team came out the traps quick, played the high press and looked much hungrier for the ball.

An excellent performance, and credit to Neilson for setting the team up and getting his tactics right.

However, the minimum standard has been set. Don't want tonight to just be a one off performance.....

And FWIW....A call out also to two players who get it in the neck.....I thought Walker and Popescu were excellent.

Walker has to always play that No. 10 and, new striker or not, 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You new to football?

With that thinking we'd never , ever beat Celtic or Rangers .

It's a ridiculous argument and the argument of someone who has lost all credibility.

Neilson has us top of the league, the league is made up from a number of games and the best team in that division ends up top. We have the best squad and the most expensive one and we sit top- exactly where we should be.

Your footballing Guru Stendel, however had us drop down a place in the league behind the likes of Hamilton , St Mirren, Ross County , not only beat but actually performing worse over the course of the league that , yes- you guessed it- from teams with a far smaller budget.

Thanks for playing.

With your logic, Gerrard to be sacked for drawing with Motherwell and hibs, teams with a fraction of the budget. Or maybe they should have sacked him when we knocked him out the SC- a team with a fraction of the budget, injuries and near the bottom of the league?

Ofc not, because football is played over a season.

Your love for a guy, who in terms of the league performed worse than CL last season is admirable. 

Are you new to football? How many transfer windows did Levein have? How much money did Levein spend in transfer windows? And yet here you are comparing a guy that, had to come in and couldn’t even have his own men in place? Never mind the clown you backed to the hilt, waltzing about Riccarton in a made up role. 

And then had to get rid of players before he could even bring any in, and not to mention the shitfest of the players that had been left, and the league position he was left with, and yet here you are comparing against a guy that didn't even get half a season, honestly you couldn't make it up, but that tells me what you know about football 😂😂

It's because of people like you that backed Levein to the back of beyond, where we are now , so before you blurt out anymore comedy channel crap, please think before you speak 👍and you can blurt out about Robbie aswell, but make no mistake, it's been seen he has his limitations. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you new to football? How many transfer windows did Levein have? How much money did Levein spend in transfer windows? And yet here you are comparing a guy that, had to come in and couldn’t even have his own men in place? Never mind the clown you backed to the hilt, waltzing about Riccarton in a made up role. 

And then had to get rid of players before he could even bring any in, and not to mention the shitfest of the players that had been left, and the league position he was left with, and yet here you are comparing against a guy that didn't even get half a season, honestly you couldn't make it up, but that tells me what you know about football 😂😂

It's because of people like you that backed Levein to the back of beyond, where we are now , so before you blurt out anymore comedy channel crap, please think before you speak 👍and you can blurt out about Robbie aswell, but make no mistake, it's been seen he has his limitations. 

You’ll be happy tonight though. 😎

Set them out to play to our strengths, like tonight, and threads like this disappear. Simple.

Well done to Neilson tonight, more of the same on Saturday.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Enjoy the win today did you 😆 Dear oh dear

5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Night and day from vast majority of season tbh.

Just now, davemclaren said:

You’ll be happy tonight though. 😎

Good result massive change in attitude, they looked hungry and as if they wanted it, but the question you have to ask is why does it take a defeat for us to pull our fingers out of are arses?

The Mighty Thor

Energy and effort from the first white. We should've been 5 or 6 up by half time.

Much better performance, much better attitude.

I want that effort every single time they pull on the Maroon. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Energy and effort from the first white. We should've been 5 or 6 up by half time.

Much better performance, much better attitude.

I want that effort every single time they pull on the Maroon. 

I just don't understand why that effort isn't there for every game. It's clear that when we up our game, like tonight, against Hibs or Celtic, we are actually a decent team. Can't quite get my head around the inconsistency.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thankfully ourbmanager wins games despite his limitations, unlike our last manager.

He seems to have a better eye for a player too, unlike our last manager.

Edited by Homme

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thankfully ourbmanager wins games despite his limitations, unlike our last manager.

He seems to have a better eye for a player too, unlike our last manager.

Aye juwon, sammon eye for a player 🙄

Please give it a rest. 

He's winning games in a league that he's expected to destroy, settle petal. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good result massive change in attitude, they looked hungry and as if they wanted it, but the question you have to ask is why does it take a defeat for us to pull our fingers out of are arses?

Spot on.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye juwon, sammon eye for a player 🙄

Please give it a rest. 

Do you live 4 years in the past in other areas of your life too?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do you live 4 years in the past in other areas of your life too?

Who rattled your cage, do you not like the truth or the facts? 

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I just don't understand why that effort isn't there for every game. It's clear that when we up our game, like tonight, against Hibs or Celtic, we are actually a decent team. Can't quite get my head around the inconsistency.

How i see it too, spot on 👍

Bear in mind that he is working with players who are failing to perform for 3 managers in a row. 

Still not forgiven him for gifting the cup to the Leith vermin though 😠

I’m happy to say very well done , and tonight is the kind of fight and motivated play I expect. When I don’t see that I ask questions.  Keep that commitment and attacking going that we saw tonight and I’m all behind him. 100%.

performances like Saturdays first hour is not good enough at this level.

Keep this up Robbie and more importantly the squad.

A very impressive and commanding performance tonight 

lost in space

Didnt want Neilson back and have been angry at lack of motivation and commitment of team.

If he continues to get this motivation/commitment he will get my backing.

Fickle? Me? - Certainly.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m happy to say very well done , and tonight is the kind of fight and motivated play I expect. When I don’t see that I ask questions.  Keep that commitment and attacking going that we saw tonight and I’m all behind him. 100%.

performances like Saturdays first hour is not good enough at this level.

Keep this up Robbie and more importantly the squad.

A very impressive and commanding performance tonight 

Spot on 👍

Much better tonight. After last Saturday's disaster, 6 points were a must from the games tonight and next Saturday. We want this league wrapped up as early as possible in case the season is stopped early again. 

Hopefully come Saturday we have all 6 points and can look forward with confidence. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

That suggest to me that it’s the players attitude over anything else.

8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Didnt want Neilson back and have been angry at lack of motivation and commitment of team.

If he continues to get this motivation/commitment he will get my backing.

Fickle? Me? - Certainly.

This.

Nobody wants him to fail, just that so far he hasn't instilled much confidence that next season will be one to enjoy. Tonight was as good as Dundee first game, but a lot of games in-between have been.....a difficult watch to be polite.

Edited by Chuck Berry

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Set them out to play to our strengths, like tonight, and threads like this disappear. Simple.

Well done to Neilson tonight, more of the same on Saturday.

Exactly.

When you look at that tonight and compare it to Alloa in Cup, Dunfermline and Dundee, you have to wonder WTF was actually going on in those games.

Playing with tempo and going after teams from the off is the way we should be playing every week in this league and against a lot of the teams in the Premier League. 

It gets people talking about the performance not about the manager

32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did I just dream that part where he brought in Sievers and Tonge? While getting rid of the rest of the coaching staff and promoting Andy Kirk?

Daniel Stendel didn't work out. No matter how much you jump about here moaning and complaining he will not be coming back. Let it go ffs. Its done, finished, fertig.

Haringshairband

If we approach games like that every week instead of trying to feel our way into the game in the first half with shan sideways passing, I'll be happy for Neilson to stay. I get that different teams require different tactics but in this league these teams should be worrying about us, not the other way round.

Edited by Haringshairband

Close thread!  

He has signed exciting attacking players. 
He is playing attacking football (two wingers. Striker. No 10.)  
He has motivated players from the start (tonight)

He’s got us top of the League. 
Goal difference 15 goals higher than next team. 
He doesn’t have much options at the back (inherited/injuries). trying to get players in. 
He is building the team. Two signings this month not played for a number of weeks and we still won 4-0. 
This was an away win. 

we are not winning every game.
Players haven’t always shown enough fight. 
There are still questions. Halliday, Walker start after poor performances. No Haring. 

What more can we expect from the manager? 

Either challenge points above or Close Thread. 

I am (was) one of those who thought he should go, What's changed between Saturday and today? if he's only going to gee the players up when faced with a fans revolt he can still do one, however keep them that keen and he can stay.

3 points is all that matters @ the end of the day.. 

Eye bleeding football it is then, still not convinced though, cracks and paper and all that. 

Move on

lost in space
6 minutes ago, Sid said:

Close thread!  

He has signed exciting attacking players. 
He is playing attacking football (two wingers. Striker. No 10.)  
He has motivated players from the start (tonight)

He’s got us top of the League. 
Goal difference 15 goals higher than next team. 
He doesn’t have much options at the back (inherited/injuries). trying to get players in. 
He is building the team. Two signings this month not played for a number of weeks and we still won 4-0. 
This was an away win. 

we are not winning every game.
Players haven’t always shown enough fight. 
There are still questions. Halliday, Walker start after poor performances. No Haring. 

What more can we expect from the manager? 

Either challenge points above or Close Thread. 

Not quite ready to close thread.  This kind of effort each game and it can be. Most of us dont expect us to win every game but we want commitment each game.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wtf doe Levien have to do with Robbie.

CL left as manager over a year ago.

Gutted we won the night so you can't spew more shite?

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not quite ready to close thread.  This kind of effort each game and it can be. Most of us dont expect us to win every game but we want commitment each game.

Agree but a lot of the comments about bad signings, not playing attacking football etc are getting a lot harder to justify. 

37 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Did I just dream that part where he brought in Sievers and Tonge? While getting rid of the rest of the coaching staff and promoting Andy Kirk?

Daniel Stendel didn't work out. No matter how much you jump about here moaning and complaining he will not be coming back. Let it go ffs. Its done, finished, fertig.

Are you stupid? We're they in place first game he took charge honestly 😂

Did Robbie have his coaches in place for first game yes, Levein yes 👍 difference know your role. 

19 minutes ago, lost in space said:

100%

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you stupid? We're they in place first game he took charge honestly 😂

Did Robbie have his coaches in place for first game yes, Levein yes 👍 difference know your role. 

You fascinate me. Complete crackpot.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wtf doe Levien have to do with Robbie.

CL left as manager over a year ago.

Gutted we won the night so you can't spew more shite?

Stumped!. 

What does Levein have to do with it? If you check back your the one that mentioned Levein not me 👍

Seems you must be blind too? 

As I've congratulated the team tonight and Robbie 😂

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

You fascinate me. Complete crackpot.

I speak facts, people try to make out like its normal that the guy that was sacked, should of been walking around Tynecastle and Riccarton eh? But only Ann budge would be able to tell you the reason why? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Stumped!. 

What does Levein have to do with it? If you check back your the one that mentioned Levein not me 👍

Seems you must be blind too? 

As I've congratulated the team tonight and Robbie 😂

Gutted, congratulated like Trump congratulated Biden.

Probably had a statement prepared on why Stendel was "da man" ready to paste onto JKB if we got beat.

No mind, you can save it and talk utter shite when we get beat another time, exciting.

56 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

folk not arguing after that surely?

no room for nuance here so it's back to the perpetual happy clappers vs the pant wetters debate. Happy clappers on top tonight so this evenings entertainment is bongo baiting. Shame that there isn't room to have love for the team and be allowed to critically debate issues on a fan forum that presumably exists for the very same purpose. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )