Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Next couple of games will be the benchmark for Neilson........He's under pressure to get results......

The reality is he's under more pressure from the fans than he is the owner!

That's a problem! 

Fans have seen through this charade for far too many years now.

Edited by Hashimoto

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

11 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I said schooled not humped. Please read the posts and stop using words that I never used. Not the same thing. However at no point did we look like winning that cup tie at Alloa.

You know, I know and everyone on JKB knows the Hibs thing with you, yet you still deny it. The fact that you can’t actually make an argument and use short obnoxious posts is all I need to know. If you want to debate fine, instead things are pointed out and you use words like slaver grenades and and tell people they are talking pish. That tells me you have nothing logical or reasonable to debate points with. 

I get no pleasure watching Hearts get beat, especially when we are playing a team who hadn’t played a competitive fixture for 26 days and have had half a squad self isolating. I certainly get no joy watching the club making the same mistakes like Groundhog Day. Oh and I’m certainly not going ‘tonto’ at getting beat and it doesn’t ruin my day.

I’m not looking to be proven right and I’m too busy at work to be constantly watching JKB. 

Maybe you need to take the maroon tinted glasses off and be objective about things. 

I’ll say it again, it’s supporters like you who are part of the reason we are in the Championship today. CL was an issue for 12 months before they finally got removed from his post yet supporters like you continued to give him support and ended up sleepwalking into a relegation.

Oh and as for your suggestion of Martindale for manager, what a crock of crap. Yet another unimaginative appointment. We got it wrong 12 months ago with Stendal. Good manager but came in at wrong time. He’s a manager who should have came in at start of end of season so he had all summer for a transfer window and to get the players fit to play the way he wanted game played. With hindsight of the 2 bigger names who had been sacked from English Championship at that time, Nathan Jones would have probably option. I’d have taken either of them but they wouldn’t have been my preferred option, however RN is a major backward step and an appointment which lacks imagination. 

Well said that man

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's literally the name of this thread. 😄

Is robbie too kind to the players, maybe a harder approach is needed, who knows.

Not defending bad performances but thought some realistic assessment is important

This is a very weird season and a very different time. Clubs everywhere are having odd results. Liverpool, Milan, Barca, Man City.. there's uncertainty and bizarre scorelines every week, all over Europe.

Players and club staff just like the rest of us, fed up and struggling with mental health etc

We have an objective this term - get promoted as Champions. It' on track.

Perfect? no.  Certain? maybe not

But we have to assess what the options are - who is going to come in and 100% certain to do better?

It's just not the time, look at what happened last time RN left. Not saying he is irreplaceable nor defending the results, not saying he is the best out there right now. But he may be the best option right now that ticks the availability box AND the financial sense box AND is capable of hitting the objective.

The bookie always wins, careful what you gamble on! Cos if we go another stretch of weeks with no gaffer and get another Stendel in at a cost - we may be looking at the Championship next season too. Hire and fire costs! Bad times I admit, but sometimes the answer isn't to twist. All just an opinion, I know it's vastly different to some.

Sack him if we slip down the table? Maybe, but now?! Doesn't make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Is robbie too kind to the players, maybe a harder approach is needed, who knows.

That is the strange thing if he is not hard enough on them I would imagine McCullough would either let him know to be harder or would do it himself

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That team would absolutely ream the current shower of imposters.

They would but if you think where we where last season it’s going to take more than 2 windows to get rid of high earning deadwood and get the players he wants in. He will get us up and he deserves next season and another transfer window before he is properly judged imo. 

Edited by Dazo

Just now, milky_26 said:

That is the strange thing if he is not hard enough on them I would imagine McCullough would either let him know to be harder or would do it himself

Aye bud, 

8 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Not defending bad performances but thought some realistic assessment is important

This is a very weird season and a very different time. Clubs everywhere are having odd results. Liverpool, Milan, Barca, Man City.. there's uncertainty and bizarre scorelines every week, all over Europe.

Players and club staff just like the rest of us, fed up and struggling with mental health etc

We have an objective this term - get promoted as Champions. It' on track.

Perfect? no.  Certain? maybe not

But we have to assess what the options are - who is going to come in and 100% certain to do better?

It's just not the time, look at what happened last time RN left. Not saying he is irreplaceable nor defending the results, not saying he is the best out there right now. But he may be the best option right now that ticks the availability box AND the financial sense box AND is capable of hitting the objective.

The bookie always wins, careful what you gamble on! Cos if we go another stretch of weeks with no gaffer and get another Stendel in at a cost - we may be looking at the Championship next season too. Hire and fire costs! Bad times I admit, but sometimes the answer isn't to twist. All just an opinion, I know it's vastly different to some.

Sack him if we slip down the table? Maybe, but now?! Doesn't make sense to me.

Not vastly different from my opinion. 👍

williamgerrard

When fit this is our strongest team.                        

gordon

smith  soutar  hallket  kingsley

gms   Haring  irving   ginnelly

boyce  naisy 

Edited by williamgerrard

45 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not a fan of Neilson, I wasn't happy when he was reappointed but I just think that 6 points clear at the top of the league, nearly half way through a curtailed season is not the time to rip things up and start again.

Normally I'd totally agree with that but I can't see him as the man to take us forward and we'll have a bad year if we go up (just imo) under him. As such I'd change now and give the new man the time instead to lift the lid on the club operations, get under the skin of the players and see which ones he wants and how he wants to play and then he can do what needs done in the summer and hit the ground running year.

I appreciate that the same could be said for Nelson, and that potentially the new guy could fail, but when you think it's going to end badly you may as well rip the plaster off.

If you see a boulder falling towards you, you don't wait and see in the hope it suddenly changes course and only take action once it's crushed you. You move out of the way before it's too late.

We've done too much waiting until it's too late. Stendel may or may not have proven a good manager, but we waited until it was too late to find out. By that I don't mean in terms or points/relegation as he should have done better, but I mean the issues at the club were so entrenched that it probably took him far too long to get to the root issues and change the mentality than it should have. He (or someone else) should have come in right after the cup final.

Edited by Taffin

The problem we have is we're in the championship in very uncertain times, the leagues could be null and void or promotion scrapped any number of unknowns so all the quality (we've got a few but not enough) we need for next season if we go up isn't available right now. Also the high earners won't be leaving in these times, they'll take that certain wage until they have to go.

That doesn't excuse the results like Saturday that's a complete lack of application by a squad of players who turn up when they can be bothered. We're not being out played we're being out fought and that's completely unacceptable.

Theres something far wrong at Tynecastle right now, we've had countless managers (caretakers) a host of coaching staff yet still there's players getting away with half a shift every week.

Sacking Neilson right now is bonkers, come the summer when hopefully there's more certainty we need a clear out from top to bottom of that playing staff, give Neilson what he needs (With a strict budget and targets) and see where we go up until January 2022.

Neilson has to find the best 11 who'll battle and stick with it too much pissing about with teams, just get the best 11 out there get them fired up and beat the shite in front of them.

54 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We lost 4 points outside Rangers and Hibs last time in a considerably tougher league than the league we are currently in. Lost to Falkirk at home and a draw at Dumbarton. We only lost to Hibs/Rangers once we had one the league. We won every other game, and with a bit of swagger as well. We’ve played 12 games and lost 9 points, if we continue in our current sequence of results then we will drop 18 points, losing 6 games. Our sequence currently is losing 2 games in each round of games. Our away form is pretty poor, something we’ve all discussed. Lost to Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee. Add a home defeat to Raith into the mix and am very, very worried. Getting beat is part and parcel for jambos but it’s the manner in which we are getting beat, just failing to match the aggression and intensity of the opposition. My overall biggest worry is that Robbie is too concerned about other teams strengths and doesn’t know our own strengths enough yet. Saturday was Robbies 34 consecutive game where he hasn’t changed the starting 11, he hasn’t played back to back starting 11’s in any of his games this time round. In fact, I believe he has only played back to back starting 11’s twice in his whole time as hearts manager. The constant tinker kills us. The constant sticking by under performing players kills us as well.

We will or should win the league this season and I get that that is the only priority. I would like Us to do it with a bit of style and swagger. As it stands now, even if we do win the league we look like we need another rebuild job in the summer as we need 2 CB’s, a midfielder to partner Irving, an attacking midfielder to replace Naismith and a striker. Constant rebuilds don’t work.  

Good post

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We lost 4 points outside Rangers and Hibs last time in a considerably tougher league than the league we are currently in. Lost to Falkirk at home and a draw at Dumbarton. We only lost to Hibs/Rangers once we had one the league. We won every other game, and with a bit of swagger as well. We’ve played 12 games and lost 9 points, if we continue in our current sequence of results then we will drop 18 points, losing 6 games. Our sequence currently is losing 2 games in each round of games. Our away form is pretty poor, something we’ve all discussed. Lost to Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee. Add a home defeat to Raith into the mix and am very, very worried. Getting beat is part and parcel for jambos but it’s the manner in which we are getting beat, just failing to match the aggression and intensity of the opposition. My overall biggest worry is that Robbie is too concerned about other teams strengths and doesn’t know our own strengths enough yet. Saturday was Robbies 34 consecutive game where he hasn’t changed the starting 11, he hasn’t played back to back starting 11’s in any of his games this time round. In fact, I believe he has only played back to back starting 11’s twice in his whole time as hearts manager. The constant tinker kills us. The constant sticking by under performing players kills us as well.

We will or should win the league this season and I get that that is the only priority. I would like Us to do it with a bit of style and swagger. As it stands now, even if we do win the league we look like we need another rebuild job in the summer as we need 2 CB’s, a midfielder to partner Irving, an attacking midfielder to replace Naismith and a striker. Constant rebuilds don’t work.  

Correct.

Ann's regime has been all about rebuilds. We haven't had the vision to lay the foundations of a side and stick to it, the high turnover of players and managers really is shocking.

The lack of continuity is why we find ourselves where we are and with no real identity as a football team. 

Unless we see changes to how we build a team and a squad, we will continue to have shan performances and results.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Are you really as thick as you’re making out?!  

Jesus, I took a break from here for months, come back and the same posters are posting the same shite, or even worse! 🤣

They see Neilson as a clone of Levein and they can’t get over that charlatan is away.

complete control
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Next couple of games will be the benchmark for Neilson........He's under pressure to get results......

The reality is he's under more pressure from the fans than he is the owner!

That's a problem! 

Fans have seen through this charade for far too many years now.

i agree with u. but i would go as far and say he is under no pressure at all from the owner .

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is a hill I'm prepared to die on. At 1-1 after 82 mins both teams are 8 minutes from a cup win not 8 minutes from a draw. Or maybe it's a glass half full or empty thing, who knows. There are enough half empty types on here that's for sure.

If it's 1-1 with 8 mins to go then both teams are 8 mins from a draw.

If either side is winning , then one of them is 8 mins from winning.

Good luck on the hill. 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not going particularly well under RN, we’re pretty crap to be honest and I see little improvement than tripe we’ve been served up for the last few season, apart from having an actual goalkeeper. 

I’m massively underwhelmed to date. 

That said I find it almost impossible to sack a manager who is top of the league, irrespective of how much I feel we’re underperforming. 

I think he take us up fairly comfortably, can he improve enough to keep us up and going for the upper end of the table I don’t know. Though I feel the same way about a large number of the players. 

I'm underwhelmed by the lack of ambition shown by AB in appointing him (I absolve the board - they're only any good at rubber-stamping balance sheets & meeting minutes). We're obviously stuck with him.

But I'm sure even he can get enough out of this current bunch to get us promoted but after that it's a scary prospect of how much rebuilding is needed because the squad (with a few notable exceptions ) just isn't good enough.

Facts are, and there are still people on here ignoring it, he has performed poorly in getting results from 3 of the better teams in the Championship. The 3 league games that have been lost haven't been unlucky - they been due to really poor performances and an inability to even be competitive over 90 minutes.

So many people on here saying "well, you can't win every game , even in this crappy division" . Nobody is saying that or expecting that - certainly not with this squad. 

He and the team are lucky they're playing without fans.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

I was excited by the aggression we as a club had shown during our demotion. Was really looking forward to seeing that aggression spill onto the park. I really liked Robbies sound bites and some of the sound bites from the players matching that aggression and sense of siege mentality to right the wrongs of our demotion. The fact is we’ve only really seen that once in the league, against Dundee. We’ve been so passive in so many of the other games and that’s a big disappointment for me. Our 3 main rivals in the league are Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith, we’ve lost to all 3 in 12 games. We still have to go to Raith and play Dunfermline at home. If we lose either of the next two then Robbie is in SERIOUS bother. Caley have loads of games in hand and if they win them they are right back in the mix, we also have to go there. We are 12 games in and I don’t know our best 11. I don’t know who our best midfielders are. Who the best 10 is. Goal keeper, right, left back and Boyce the only players really delivering. I find it remarkable Boyce has the goals he has given the horrendous service he gets. Ginnelly has looked great but we haven’t seen enough of him. GMS looks short of sharpness and undoubtably has talent. Irving looks class but he can’t do it himself. I get worried that we will try something daft on Tuesday like Roberts up top and hendo in the 10 with Wighton wide and Frear wide. 

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How can a team that is  top be a shambles? 

Top of what you have to ask. It’s the Championship the Championship, it’s a league full of Championship teams.

Do you understand now, it’s the Championship.

19 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Did not want neilson back but thought with elbows we would be more aggressive.  Would put JJ and locke in charge to instill some fight and passion

I was shocked when I heard Ann Budge wanted him back. I wouldn’t want JJ or Locky in charge at this moment in time.

The problem is there for all to see, Halkett, Berra, Halliday, Frear, Walker, Roberts, Wighton and the French mercenary plus a few others who I’ve forgotten about. We have a team that is not a team it’s a bunch if individuals with no structure and looks amateurish too many times. Robbie needs to get to grips with Hearts because this Championship is a very poor league and we can’t go on playing poorly even although we’re leading the league.

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shambles - "a state of total disorder". 

How can a team top of the league be a shambles? 

We are top because we have been the best team over the 12 games so far, so how can the best team in the league be a shambles? 

Makes no sense. Just absolute shite as per. 

It’s the Championship don’t you understand, it’s the Championship.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It’s the Championship don’t you understand, it’s the Championship.

how much more top of a table can you get? there are no more positions to move up to.

williamgerrard
11 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

how much more top of a table can you get? there are no more positions to move up to

3 defeats in the championship to many   especially with the squad we have 

Edited by williamgerrard

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

how much more top of a table can you get? there are no more positions to move up to.

Oh it’s fantastic, wonderful, delightful to be leading this league which is full of top quality team. Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, ICT, Dundee, Queen of the South, Ayr. It’s January and we’ve only lost 3 league games we should be popping corks celebrating how good we are. Many thought we’d be singing “we are unbeatable” but sadly it was not to be.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

99% of your posts are a ****ing shambles, mate. 👍

:muggy:

A compliment from you! 

😜

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Too attacking?  I'm not see attacking football, I'm seeing the same laboured approach as before. 

What games have you seen us being too attacking? 

35 goals in 12 games, 18 conceded. 

Defence is the issue imo. 

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

3 defeats in the championship to many  

yet still top. don't get me wrong, I'd rather we won every game and if not at least didn't lose to clubs who were particularly poor in their attitude to us.

I'd rather we won every game dominating and playing with flair.

Nielsen was brought in no doubt with one primary aim - get us up. he's achieving this. if our style of play starts to improve on the eye towards the end of the season then its a bonus. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I think everyone knows sacking him right now wouldn’t make sense. Folk are just angry that continually we see this slow boring football. In terms of motivation at the club it’s rotten. We talk a great game and if excuses got you points we’d be hearing Champions league music. 

Slow, boring football. 

12 games, 35 for 18 against. 

:notsure:

43 goals in 12 games...... Boring.... 

By slow  and boring, do you Mean not winning every game 5-0? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

35 goals in 12 games, 18 conceded. 

Defence is the issue imo. 

You were right on that according to the stats  It doesn't look like attacking football so I suppose it highlights the type of football we are watching   

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Slow, boring football. 

12 games, 35 for 18 against. 

:notsure:

43 goals in 12 games...... Boring.... 

By slow  and boring, do you Mean not winning every game 5-0? 

Are you seeing fast attacking football? I'm not    I don't think he is the only poster saying that it's boring, it's pretty obvious just watching us.  

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh it’s fantastic, wonderful, delightful to be leading this league which is full of top quality team. Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, ICT, Dundee, Queen of the South, Ayr. It’s January and we’ve only lost 3 league games we should be popping corks celebrating how good we are. Many thought we’d be singing “we are unbeatable” but sadly it was not to be.

Unless I've missed it, I've not seen anyone celebrating dour wins or defeats.

All I see is some posters trying to be rational and point out we are top of the league. 

It's a results driven industry these days. If Nielsen and the team start to lose more games and drop down the table as a result, he'll be away. IMO we have too much in the locker to not be at the top of the table at the end of the season.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A compliment from you! 

😜

:food-smiley-004:

I'm always quick with the praise when it's well deserved, Tosh. :)

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Are you seeing fast attacking football? I'm not    I don't think he is the only poster saying that it's boring, it's pretty obvious just watching us.  

We've been starting slow. 

We've been scoring almost 3 on average per game and create more than the opposition. 

The defence is the issue imo. 

Give me a 1/2- 0 win any day. 

We are still top despite the defence issues as well. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We've been starting slow. 

We've been scoring almost 3 on average per game and create more than the opposition. 

The defence is the issue imo. 

Give me a 1/2- 0 win any day. 

We are still top despite the defence issues as well. 

I'm the same in being happy with one nil wins if it looks like the players went for it.   I can't stand that play the Celtic/hibs way.  Happy to be as pragmatic as possible.  

Don't think I could cope with tbe excitement of alex Miller type football.   

21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shambles - "a state of total disorder". 

How can a team top of the league be a shambles? 

We are top because we have been the best team over the 12 games so far, so how can the best team in the league be a shambles? 

Makes no sense. Just absolute shite as per. 

Just like all your posts. The guy has given you solid facts to back up the point as requested, no one can help the fact you've had your blinkers left on.

Ex member of the SaS

Not expecting to win every game but have said many times all I want is commitment and a desire to win. I want these players to show their quality and play like they really can instead of this wishy washy tapping around the defence we get now. These guys held Celtic so why can't they beat RR or any other team in this league? There can always be a freak result but surely they are professional enough to go out there and try.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If it's 1-1 with 8 mins to go then both teams are 8 mins from a draw.

If either side is winning , then one of them is 8 mins from winning.

Good luck on the hill. 

Look forward to before our next cup final then. "We're just 90 mins from a 0-0 draw. Woohoo!"

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even on here in the sf many folk were saying we are 90 minutes away from a cup final. 

Turns out is was 120 minutes tho! 

In a quarter final folk say you are 90 minutes away from a trip to hampden. 

It's quite a common saying, you are correct. 

Not one person says at the start of a game we are 90 minutes away  from a draw. 

Exactly. And literally no Hearts fan at 1-1 at the game was yelling "Come on we're just 8 minutes from a draw!" An obsession with Levein has addled some people's minds. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Come on, Roberts and Frear were just another 2 terrible signings, that had nothing to do with reduced budgets due to Covid !! To suggest we would have signed better, with more money available, is highly speculative to say the least given our overall player recruitment record in recent seasons.

It's one thing to make the mistake in signing them in the first place, quite another to continue playing them.

Some of Neilson's selections are mystifying or just bad, but you can say that about any manager. He seems to get more stick than others do though.

He used his squad to play Roberts and Frear the other day and we won. He only played Frear against Raith. It's pretty obvious he's being careful with Ginnelly isn't it though? That was a major criticism of Levein - he rushed players back from injury. Now Neilson is being careful with players who have a niggle and he gets stick, too. Surely no-one thought Frear got in ahead of Ginnelly because Neilson thinks he's. abetter player?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, JamTarts98 said:

You have used this line a few times. Do you think it's acceptable? Others may find this condescending, patronising, antagonistic or trolling. Can you tell me how this falls into your philosophy of positives and glass half full.

It's true when someone says that at 1-1 both teams would win the game!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, FTH said:

Just like all your posts. The guy has given you solid facts to back up the point as requested, no one can help the fact you've had your blinkers left on.

He gave no facts. 

I gave the facts.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some of Neilson's selections are mystifying or just bad, but you can say that about any manager. He seems to get more stick than others do though.

He used his squad to play Roberts and Frear the other day and we won. He only played Frear against Raith. It's pretty obvious he's being careful with Ginnelly isn't it though? That was a major criticism of Levein - he rushed players back from injury. Now Neilson is being careful with players who have a niggle and he gets stick, too. Surely no-one thought Frear got in ahead of Ginnelly because Neilson thinks he's. abetter player?

I take your point.

However, if he's being careful with Ginnelly as you say....Why not play him from the start, get 60 mins out of him...hopefully by that time the game is in the bag?

Too many times we have seen Ginnelly coming on because we are chasing the game......He does add a spark. Is it no better to have that spark at the start of the game?.....Get the opposition to adjust their starting tactics for a change.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm the same in being happy with one nil wins if it looks like the players went for it.   I can't stand that play the Celtic/hibs way.  Happy to be as pragmatic as possible.  

Don't think I could cope with tbe excitement of alex Miller type football.  

🤣 In his latest Hibs article Aidan Smith admitted he chose not to go to Bobbly Williamson games due to the "style".  What kind of fan abandons their own team due to some mythical style thing? And in doing so Smith will have missed the debuts of some of the best young players Hibs have ever produced. 

Do some of our fans really want to get into deluded Hibee territory and bang on about "style" endlessly? Hearts win more often than not, playing in various ways, Hibs lose more often than not and blame defeats on a mythical "style", that's the reality.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not going particularly well under RN, we’re pretty crap to be honest and I see little improvement than tripe we’ve been served up for the last few season, apart from having an actual goalkeeper. 

I’m massively underwhelmed to date. 

That said I find it almost impossible to sack a manager who is top of the league, irrespective of how much I feel we’re underperforming. 

I think he take us up fairly comfortably, can he improve enough to keep us up and going for the upper end of the table I don’t know. Though I feel the same way about a large number of the players. 

Robbie will get 3 or 4 transfer windows to sort out that team.  He will bring players in when others leave, the problem is getting them to leave, most of them will be on the best wages of their career at Hearts and after the shit show of our last 2 seasons they are unlikely to get a better deal elsewhere.   

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I take your point.

However, if he's being careful with Ginnelly as you say....Why not play him from the start, get 60 mins out of him...hopefully by that time the game is in the bag?

Too many times we have seen Ginnelly coming on because we are chasing the game......He does add a spark. Is it no better to have that spark at the start of the game?.....Get the opposition to adjust their starting tactics for a change.

I would like us to play stronger from the start, I think everyone would. That is one similarity with Levein's pragmatic approach to picking up points, especially away, at times. We do win a lot more than we lose under Neilson through.

And of course if Neilson did what you say, which I agree with, and took Ginnelly off after 60 mins, he'd get stick for that and would be accused of poor game management or something. Not sure he can win with some people, they've taken such a dislike to him for reasons only known to themselves. You can tell some were just waiting for a couple of defeats to be able to let rip.

He should be under huge pressure imo. Backed well in the summer, embarrassing cup defeat to Alloa which was made worse by the teams who ended up in the semi finals. Already lost 3 league games and have been poor in practically every game this season. Blind loyalty to players who have been shocking for ages (Berra, Halliday the standouts) and trying to be too clever by starting the likes of Frear and Roberts. Play your best eleven, in their correct positions until the league is wrapped up then you can ***** about if you want.

But I don’t think he is under pressure at board level at all, which is the most  disappointing and majorly worrying thing. 

38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's true when someone says that at 1-1 both teams would win the game!

What is the point of this argument?

48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣 In his latest Hibs article Aidan Smith admitted he chose not to go to Bobbly Williamson games due to the "style".  What kind of fan abandons their own team due to some mythical style thing? And in doing so Smith will have missed the debuts of some of the best young players Hibs have ever produced. 

Do some of our fans really want to get into deluded Hibee territory and bang on about "style" endlessly? Hearts win more often than not, playing in various ways, Hibs lose more often than not and blame defeats on a mythical "style", that's the reality.

I think there is a big difference with us thinking we should be on the front foot more, than claiming to having a football 'ethos'   it's so comical when you look at their history since Turnbull.  Mowbray and a wee bit in the championship with the scouse git, and that never got them up.

A bit off topic but fantastic  

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )