Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

On 27/01/2021 at 22:37, Smith's right boot said:

St mirren beat them 3-2 in the cup.

Funny you use hamilton as an example, they beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time ever iirc last season.

Did Hamilton not beat Rangers at Ibrox  when Adrian Sprott scored. Sure they did 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

33 minutes ago, Gards said:

Don't put this back on me.  I was asked and was ridiculed for my opinion - which was the thread was nonsense because Budge wouldn't sack Robbie.  He was hired to get us out of this championship and will do so.  We'll skoosh the league and next season will be quite different.

I get slagged off for that and i'm supposed to express humility.  GTF.

She won’t sack Robbie SD she’s too soft, savage will be the man tasked with that 

Just now, Gards said:

Seems a bit of a strange comparison.  When did those players last play in the English premiership and when did they last earn 25-40k wages a week?

Where we are, the situation we're in - he's been asked to do a job which is to get us promoted.  He'll succeed.

Stendel was asked to keep us up.  He failed.

That's the level of player we have 🙈in the championship 😂, yet have still lost 3 times this season. 

Robbie's first spell we romped the championship, this time meh! And arguably he has better players and team this time, than the last. 

Meh I’m not too fussed that he’s manager in this league.  We’d win this league without a manager so it doesn’t really matter really, amount of cash we are spending on this ‘squad’ my granny could lead them to beat part time players. 

hopefully this whole embarrassing period for our club can be behind us soon, get some competent people running the club and then onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's the level of player we have 🙈in the championship 😂, yet have still lost 3 times this season. 

Robbie's first spell we romped the championship, this time meh! And arguably he has better players and team this time, than the last. 

We're 12 points ahead in the league mate.  FFS !!!

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I disagree. The overall squad last time round was better IMO. There was more depth. 

2 or 3 better players this time. 

55 minutes ago, Gards said:

I'm checking on the thread because it's a nonsense thread because he's not going anywhere and I said last week we would skoosh the league and was ridiculed - so excuse me if I come back with a little bit of GIRUY for the moment.

Can you show me where you were ridiculed for saying we would skoosh the league? I've looked back a few pages but can't see it/them.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let me put this in context for you Robbie has players in his team, that played in the English premiership. 

Players that have been on about 25k-40 a week in wages. 

Yet we have lost 3 times in the league this season. 

Now you can say what you want, Robbie will win us the championship this season. 

Overall progress of the club? Let's see. 

Naismith never earned those amounts when he was 34. Berra never earned them when he 36 (tomorrow). Gordon never earned them when he was 38. I don’t think Kingsley earned that amount in his 17 epl appearances. So I think your point  is irrelevant. Legs have clearly gone on two of them. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I disagree. The overall squad last time round was better IMO. There was more depth. 

2 or 3 better players this time. 

How many of the last championship team had players in their team, that had won the Scottish Premiership? 

1 hour ago, Gards said:

Just checkng on this thread.....

Cause there’s a lot of bed wetting .... .....’ s in our support unfortunately 🤷‍♂️

0FBA4D4F-D959-4BE3-BB85-E86035348746.jpeg

10 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

Can you show me where you were ridiculed for saying we would skoosh the league? I've looked back a few pages but can't see it/them.

Won't bother with the names of the posters.....

image.png.00b503f14c26ad54b5a5d9699dd5a2b6.png

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We won... Need to player better though. We were a bit jammy. 

Correct!

Result first, think about the performance another day!

Dunfermline are actually a well organised, well drilled side. It's not inconceivable that we could have been chasing the game again just like Raith 7 days ago. 

Craig Gordon was his usual outstanding self today, the Dunfermline goalie wasn't too shabby either. (Popescu header)....
We won....I'm happy tonight. 

Edited by Hashimoto

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How many of the last championship team had players in their team, that had won the Scottish Premiership? 

Irrelevant really isn't it. Comparing the calibre of a player and their current footballing ability are completely different. It's over 10 years since Naismith won it and Gordon didn't even play last season for Celtic.

Compare our current squad now (bearing in mind what they did last season) to that which he left us with first time round. The majority of the current squad are still here from last season (some not even deemed good enough to get in match day squads). The current crop, as proven last year couldn't even keep us in the league never mind mount a top 6 fight. 

Alexander/Hamilton or Gordon - Gordon

Paterson or Smith - Toss up based on how they both performed.

Berra or Ozturk - Ozturk 

Halkett or Wilson - Toss up. Neither impress me.

McHattie/Eckersley or Kingsley - Kingsley

Gomis/Buaben or Halliday - Gomis or Buaben for me (both won the Scottish Cup, Halliday has won zero. I know you like folk winning things)

Pallardo or Irving - Irving

Nicholson or Frear/Roberts - Nicholson

2014 Walker or Naismith - 11 goals for Walker this season, played near enough every minute. 

King or GMS - Based on reputation, probably GMS. 

Sow/Zeefuik/Keatings or Boyce - 34 goals between our 2014 strikers in the league. 

Worth noting this is based on how we are performing/performed in the Championship this is what I'm comparing it to.

I'd much rather have the bulk of the squad we had in 2014/15 than the majority of the players we have now. 3 of the current squad make my personal starting 11 out of the two teams, that's a gigantic gulf and demonstrates, 1. how well he did first time round with both recruitment and getting the most out of the players and 2. how much of a mess he was left with when he came back in. 

Given your calibre of player theory you will in all likelihood disagree with the above but it's just my opinion. If we go back up with our current squad and you put the same team on the field, we do not go near the top of the league in November. Quite the opposite actually. 

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is this question how many of our last championship team had won the Scottish Premiership?

If it is then the answer is two players. Same as this season. 

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Is this question how many of our last championship team had won the Scottish Premiership?

Quite possibly could be right who you saying from the last championship team, and we will see how they hold up against Steven Naismith and Craig Gordon, then we will look at transfer fees they went for etc. 

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Is it not three. Gordon, Naismith and GMS? Not that it’s important.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Is it not three. Gordon, Naismith and GMS? Not that it’s important.

Yeah your right, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Naisy or Gordon 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah your right, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Naisy or Gordon 👍

How many players do we have this year who have played in La Liga?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Seen this was the 'official Neilson out' thread and was so glad I hadn't wastsd any time posting on any unofficial or unlicensed Neilson out threads😒

• 2 weeks later...
StevenNaismith

It seems to be every week we start 4-2-3-1 and then have to change it cos it’s not working but yet he sticks with it every week. 

I'm starting too think neilson could potentially be a worse appointment  than levein. Not caring if we are 12 points clear. The management of this team is abysmal.

Frankly with our budget I should be able to get hearts out this league so being top of the league shouldn't be a smoke screen for how hopeless we are.  Wasn't excited by his appointment at the time and I'm even less enthused about heading back to the Premier league with Neilson in charge. 

Eye bleeding football - apart from a few months under Stendel the last 5 years have been awful. My heart sank when we appt Neilson in the summer. 

ST holder for 39 years 

Will Pass next season 

I know we have good players but they are playing horrific eye bleeding football every week.  I blame Robbie for this and it is as bad if not worse than leveins football for me

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Eye bleeding football - apart from a few months under Stendel the last 5 years have been awful. My heart sank when we appt Neilson in the summer. 

ST holder for 39 years 

Will Pass next season 

Can see a few folk doing the same. Couldn't really blame them.

The Grim Reaper

Sack him. Let Savage appoint someone now so he’ll have the rest of the season to evaluate the squad before making changes in the summer. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

You are enjoying this are you?

I really wish that I wasn't, but after the absolute shit show we've had to endure the past few years the pain of the apologists is all I have left. Quite literally.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A massive loser who will take us nowhere.

Don’t come at me with promotion either, a phone box would manage us out of this wank league

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )