Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some of Neilson's selections are mystifying or just bad, but you can say that about any manager. He seems to get more stick than others do though.

He used his squad to play Roberts and Frear the other day and we won. He only played Frear against Raith. It's pretty obvious he's being careful with Ginnelly isn't it though? That was a major criticism of Levein - he rushed players back from injury. Now Neilson is being careful with players who have a niggle and he gets stick, too. Surely no-one thought Frear got in ahead of Ginnelly because Neilson thinks he's. abetter player?

I agree, Neilson has said that Ginnelly has injury issues and isn't 100% and he is being careful with him. Frear is terrible though and is like playing with a man short. 

We currently don't have the players to play the way Neilson set out to play on Saturday. Irving isn't experienced or physically strong enough to play in a middle 2 with somebody as poor as Haliday and Halkett and Berra aren't quick enough either. Neilson made a huge and rather niave mistake with his selection on Saturday. Hopefully he's learnt from it.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

56 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I take your point.

However, if he's being careful with Ginnelly as you say....Why not play him from the start, get 60 mins out of him...hopefully by that time the game is in the bag?

Too many times we have seen Ginnelly coming on because we are chasing the game......He does add a spark. Is it no better to have that spark at the start of the game?.....Get the opposition to adjust their starting tactics for a change.

totally agree with that. strongest team from the start, aim to be 3-0 as quickly as pos and then rest players if required.

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

What is the point of this argument?

No point like most of the chat on here. I just made the mistake of suggesting we were 8 minutes from a trophy in 2018 (which we were, just as we were 90 mins from a cup win before the game started). That triggered the ant-Levien lot who refuse to see any positives from that era.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

I agree, Neilson has said that Ginnelly has injury issues and isn't 100% and he is being careful with him. Frear is terrible though and is like playing with a man short. 

We currently don't have the players to play the way Neilson set out to play on Saturday. Irving isn't experienced or physically strong enough to play in a middle 2 with somebody as poor as Haliday and Halkett and Berra aren't quick enough either. Neilson made a huge and rather niave mistake with his selection on Saturday. Hopefully he's learnt from it.

I think his bigger mistake was not making all the subs we could at HT instead of giving it 10 mins. I think he is managing a busy schedule of big games and is conscious of the players with niggles.

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He should be under huge pressure imo. Backed well in the summer, embarrassing cup defeat to Alloa which was made worse by the teams who ended up in the semi finals. Already lost 3 league games and have been poor in practically every game this season. Blind loyalty to players who have been shocking for ages (Berra, Halliday the standouts) and trying to be too clever by starting the likes of Frear and Roberts. Play your best eleven, in their correct positions until the league is wrapped up then you can ***** about if you want.

But I don’t think he is under pressure at board level at all, which is the most  disappointing and majorly worrying thing. 

It's not blind loyalty after 12 games though. Blind loyalty would still be seeing Roberts and Frear after another 10 or 15 games. He signs players, coaches them, gives them instructions, then sends them out. They then either play well or they don't, or they play well sometimes and not at other times. Calling for the manager's head after 12 games when top of the league is a new low on here.

Robbie is either a bad manager or bad at recruitment. he can't be both and have the very good win record he has (not just in the Championship). IMO he needs help with recruitment which is why he prefers to work wth an SD.

I'm really keen to see the team Neilson builds after 2 or 3 windows in normal times. He hasn't;t had the quality of player Cathro, Levein and Stendel all had, yet he got much better results. That suggests there's a good manager in there to me.

Can we not just wait to see how we do under Savage and Neilson? JJ was acting SD when we signed Frear and Roberts (and the good signings like Ginnelly, Gordon, and Kingsley) so we should give the new team a chance.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

35 goals in 12 games, 18 conceded. 

Defence is the issue imo. 

You would think Robbie would be able to coach them considering he was a defender himself?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You would think Robbie would be able to coach them considering he was a defender himself?. 

Could say the same about your boy Stendel - ex striker and he couldn't get much of a tune out of any of Naismith, Boyce, Washington and Uche. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not blind loyalty after 12 games though. Blind loyalty would still be seeing Roberts and Frear after another 10 or 15 games. He signs players, coaches them, gives them instructions, then sends them out. They then either play well or they don't, or they play well sometimes and not at other times. Calling for the manager's head after 12 games when top of the league is a new low on here.

Robbie is either a bad manager or bad at recruitment. he can't be both and have the very good win record he has (not just in the Championship). IMO he needs help with recruitment which is why he prefers to work wth an SD.

I'm really keen to see the team Neilson builds after 2 or 3 windows in normal times. He hasn't;t had the quality of player Cathro, Levein and Stendel all had, yet he got much better results. That suggests there's a good manager in there to me.

Can we not just wait to see how we do under Savage and Neilson? JJ was acting SD when we signed Frear and Roberts (and the good signings like Ginnelly, Gordon, and Kingsley) so we should give the new team a chance.

None of these are mutually exclusive. 

He can't motivate/organise as proven by the 3 dire performances in the 3 "tougher" league fixtures so far. And then there's the Alloa defeat. The team continues to lose goals at a ridiculously high rate (1.5 per game ?). He's got a lot to prove. 

Saying that Gordon is a good signing is self evident. 

He doesn't need "the quality of player Cathro, Levein and Stendel all had" to win games in the Championship . Or, he shouldn't. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Could say the same about your boy Stendel - ex striker and he couldn't get much of a tune out of any of Naismith, Boyce, Washington and Uche. 

Yeah i suppose considering he never signed any of the players 😂 certainly got a tune out of Clare though, which your hero Levein couldn't darling. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

None of these are mutually exclusive. 

He can't motivate/organise as proven by the 3 dire performances in the 3 "tougher" league fixtures so far. And then there's the Alloa defeat. The team continues to lose goals at a ridiculously high rate (1.5 per game ?). He's got a lot to prove. 

Saying that Gordon is a good signing is self evident. 

He doesn't need "the quality of player Cathro, Levein and Stendel all had" to win games in the Championship . Or, he shouldn't. 

There's where we differ. I'm not judging Robbie Neilson Hearts manager over 3 games. He proved that he could motivate teams. The signings after the Championship season were ridiculed mostly yet he got that team full of terrible players (apparently) to 3rd then 2nd when he left. Doesn't that suggest someone capable of getting something out of poorer players? Really want to see him with a couple of normal transfer windows now he's more experienced.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah i suppose considering he never signed any of the players 😂 certainly got a tune out of Clare though, which your hero Levein couldn't darling. 

Yeah he never signed Boyce did he. GTF

Levein is indeed my hero. I have good taste in footballers

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

There's where we differ. I'm not judging Robbie Neilson Hearts manager over 3 games. He proved that he could motivate teams. The signings after the Championship season were ridiculed mostly yet he got that team full of terrible players (apparently) to 3rd then 2nd when he left. Doesn't that suggest someone capable of getting something out of poorer players? Really want to see him with a couple of normal transfer windows now he's more experienced.

Neither am I. You're deliberately distorting what I said. 

I'm not going back in time. He gets judged on current performances - and there's major cause for concern.

He can't organise, he can't motivate : he can't even make them hard to beat. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not going back in time. He gets judged on current performances - and there's major cause for concern.

I don't disagree we've not been patchy with some poor results. On the upside we started with a bang in the league and are still clear and easy at the top of the league, and had a fantastic end to the 2019 cup run. The signings, while not all successful as in any season, addressed crucial positions that previous managers failed to address - goalie, LB and wingers. That's also a step forward.

Calling for his head at this stage of the season is just nonsensical, but not surprising.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah he never signed Boyce did he. GTF

Levein is indeed my hero. I have good taste in footballers

He signed boyce yeah, Levein ruined our club 👍

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Spoken like someone who's never seen his team lose a game.

Nah just don't try to paper over the cracks, Raith are shite 😂

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't disagree we've not been patchy with some poor results. On the upside we started with a bang in the league and are still clear and easy at the top of the league, and had a fantastic end to the 2019 cup run. The signings, while not all successful as in any season, addressed crucial positions that previous managers failed to address - goalie, LB and wingers. That's also a step forward.

Calling for his head at this stage of the season is just nonsensical, but not surprising.

Nah Robbie's allowed to blame refs and lose games, and every is just to sit their and accept it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He signed boyce yeah, Levein ruined our club 👍

He did and yet you didn't know that despite being in awe of Mr Stendel. Quite enjoying this season personally but then I like watching Hearts, especially when top of the table and in cup finals, and am not a Levein-obsessed weirdo who may or may not be a Hearts fan

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah Robbie's allowed to blame refs and lose games, and every is just to sit their and accept it. 

Luckily we have you to do all the not accepting things for us.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Dundee Utd fans were delighted when he ****ed off.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Dundee Utd fans were delighted when he ****ed off.

So they said. They'd take him back in a shot. Mellon's abysmal.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He did and yet you didn't know that despite being in awe of Mr Stendel. Quite enjoying this season personally but then I like watching Hearts, especially when top of the table and in cup finals, and am not a Levein-obsessed weirdo who may or may not be a Hearts fan

😂😂 Not a Hearts fan stop just stop. 

Governor Tarkin

There's little merit in being the least smelly shite in the toilet.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There's little merit in being the least smelly shite in the toilet.

I don't think any manager we get is ever going to be not smelly enough for some folk

Governor Tarkin

I don't think any manager we get is ever going to be not smelly enough for some folk

True.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Eh naw they wouldn't. 

You're right. They're too worried about going bust which is a real possibility. You a D Utd fan now? It's hard to keep track of all the clubs you like to talk up more than Hearts

bobby bombscare

I know nobody on this thread will agree with me but I think that nobody will deny that the club was in a mess when he arrived! Hasn’t been an amazing start but we’re top of the league. If he can get us promotion then I’ll give him the start of next season to try and prove himself! 

Edited by bobby bombscare

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're right. They're too worried about going bust which is a real possibility. You a D Utd fan now? It's hard to keep track of all the clubs you like to talk up more than Hearts

No its clear to see bar Robbie having Lawrence, his team were very limited Clark was decent for him and Smith. 

But to say Dundee United fans were dreading the day he left nah 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No its clear to see bar Robbie having Lawrence, his team were very limited Clark was decent for him and Smith. 

Not many seem to have dreaded the day Stendel left either to be fair. Most have mixed views on it from what I’ve read.  He has gone though, let it go. 😊

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You’re getting out ITK’d by @Agentjambo 

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Absolutely no chance - 100% no chance....That bird has flown.......Don't hear much from Utd fans, or MK Dons fan for that matter clamouring to have him back.......

It's getting tedious trying to justify the many reasons for why Neilson should never have had a 2nd chance. I've come to the conclusion that those entrenched in their view that Neilson is the best manager since Ferguson will never waiver away from their option, other than to deflect, browbeat, and bring up that season when he scurried off down the road to the football giants of English football  - MK Dons.

Hearts fans have more fight / bottle than Neilson.....

Raith Chairman = Screwed Hearts over.....Hearts support baying for blood, passive behaviour on and off the park...pathetic!  
Add into that the Dundee & Dunfermline Chairmen.......
Hearts fans would have run through a brick wall to get at them.......and their teams. Energy levels should have been through the roof!
We should have been doing everything to get them to "Take their medicine" ....No motivation....and that lies firmly at the feet of Neilson. 

Zlamal loan to St Mirren.....Happened to be Neilsons pal!.....And it was a supposed help to Zlamal....what a crock o's#it 

Neilson divides opinion like marmite...love or hate......We all know which camp we sit in...

Edited by Hashimoto

27 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I know nobody on this thread will agree with me but I think that nobody will deny that the club was in a mess when he arrived! Hasn’t been an amazing start but we’re top of the league. If he can get us promotion then I’ll give him the start of next season to try and prove himself! 

Agreed

This is where i am at.

I hope it works out long term for us and robbie, however getting pumped off 3 of our 'rivals' in the scottish championship after only 12 games has made me lose a bit of confidence in robbie now, Especially when you consider we have around 10x the budget of these teams.

Of course the players have to take part of the blame too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If he loses again tomorrow it's bag packing time.

Where you going chum?

bobby bombscare
9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agreed

This is where i am at.

I hope it works out long term for us and robbie, however getting pumped off 3 of our 'rivals' in the scottish championship after only 12 games has made me lose a bit of confidence in robbie now, Especially when you consider we have around 10x the budget of these teams.

I don’t think we do have 10x the budget this season. We have no crowds, a championship income from the SFA and reduced shirt sales etc.. and they’re trying to rebuild a team on that whilst also having a tough market where players are reluctant to move and the market has shrunk! He’s also still stuck with a lot of players that we just can’t afford to get rid of which also makes it hard to bring players in. 

the squad is still bloated, the wage bill is still high and the contracts are still needing dealt with! So hopefully as more contracts end and the market picks up in summer, more business can be done to get the right kind of players in! 

I think we’re along the same thinking though!

Edited by bobby bombscare

Governor Tarkin

minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Where you going chum?

Round to your good lady's, is the word on the street.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Absolutely no chance - 100% no chance....That bird has flown.......Don't hear much from Utd fans, or MK Dons fan for that matter clamouring to have him back.......

It's getting tedious trying to justify the many reasons for why Neilson should never have had a 2nd chance. I've come to the conclusion that those entrenched in their view that Neilson is the best manager since Ferguson will never waiver away from their option, other than to deflect, browbeat, and bring up that season when he scurried off down the road to the football giants of English football  - MK Dons.

Hearts fans have more fight / bottle than Neilson.....

Raith Chairman = Screwed Hearts over.....Hearts support baying for blood, passive behaviour on and off the park...pathetic!  
Add into that the Dundee & Dunfermline Chairmen.......
Hearts fans would have run through a brick wall to get at them.......and their teams. Energy levels should have been through the roof!
We should have been doing everything to get them to "Take their medicine" ....No motivation....and that lies firmly at the feet of Neilson. 

Zlamal loan to St Mirren.....Happened to be Neilsons pal!.....And it was a supposed help to Zlamal....what a crock o's#it 

Neilson divides opinion like marmite...love or hate......We all know which camp we sit in...

Pretty good win record in Scotland including his 50 odd games in the Premier. 

Never got the eye bleeding shit either,  just another myth.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Round to your good lady's, is the word on the street.

Good luck then, will require it  :lol:

Nelly Terraces
42 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Spot on mate. But I do have to go back to the 2016 Scottish Cup debacle v the vermin. He has maintained to this day that he never told his side to sit back after going 2-0 up at home, well either that is a lie, or his players didn't bother listening to his instructions for them to get further up the park.

Compounded by the fact that within 2 minutes of the replay at Fester Road, guess what, we're sitting miles off them, Gray has acres of space to run forward with the ball & get a cross in unchallenged but it's cleared - you'd think we'd learn huh? Nah, forget it, 2 minutes later theres Gray again in an identical move like the one just before it with freedom to get forward, cross the ball, this time Cummings gets on the end of it, it's 1-0 to them & the rest is history.

As said, either Robbie Neilson is completely disingenuous about how he likes his sides to play, or his communication, motivation & tactical skills are totally lacking. To let an opposition full back have all the time & space in the world to maraud forward, deliver a cross in the box, not once, but twice in the space of a couple of minutes - unfathomable. Forward to this season & there's virtually nothing that I've seen from his latest tenure that makes me believe he's moved on, or changed, in any way from what I witnessed 1st hand in both those games. It's worrying.

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agreed

This is where i am at.

Yet on the flip side a lot of Hearts fans expect us to challenge Rangers and Celtic at the top of the premier despite them having 15-20 times our budget.  Baffles me.

I do fear a bit for Robbie now I must admit. Hope he kicks on though.

41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not many seem to have dreaded the day Stendel left either to be fair. Most have mixed views on it from what I’ve read.  He has gone though, let it go. 😊

You do a poll right now dave and we will see who will win Robbie or Stendel as manager, I know who will win hands down 👍

Stendel wasn't backed just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You do a poll right now dave and we will see who will win Robbie or Stendel as manager, I know who will win hands down 👍

Stendel wasn't backed just my opinion. 

Timing is everything with polls. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )