Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It worries me that this has been a problem for years. Long before Neilson. Naismith, Berra, Smith, Boyce, Halliday, Halkett, Kingsley all experienced players. Do they really need a manger to get them up for it ? All should be embarrassed about being regularly turned over by championship teams. They are all starting games like they have been on the piss and they dont care or it wouldn't happen time after time. Something stinks in the dressing room and has for a while.

I would be getting rid of Naismith, gets a free ride as club captain and has been an ever present throughout the shit times. He isn't setting the required standard, nowhere near. Its just a hobby for him now and it's rubbing off on the rest.

Completely agree, Those are the guys that are supposed to be setting the standard for us as a squad/team, They are setting a piss poor standard at the minute, Naismith is captain and he seems to be one of the main problems imo, He is good at shouting at others when they are having a bad game but his performances vs championship standard teams has been bloody shocking this season, This is a guy who has had a glittering career and played in the premier league with Everton for several years, He isn't doing anywhere near enough for me, Either that or he is finished as a player (looking more and more likely with each passing week) and should be moved into a coaching role asap.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

He's probably the most consistent supporter of the club on this forum, you disagree with him but that doesn't change the fact.

There’s a massive difference in the way people can support the club. Constant, continual and unquestioned defence of - what has often been - the indefensible isn’t necessarily what I call being a supporter. He’s entrenched himself, hence why he’s always fighting on multiple fronts. He seems to like the wee niche he’s created.

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because we’re up against pub teams. Hope this helps

sixth best defensive record in the league. not a shambles though 😂 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

You really are an obnoxious man.

So it’s pish we Robbie got humped by a bunch of fishermen. So it’s pish that he’s not been schooled by McGlynn et all this season. So it’s pish that our football has been for the most part pedestrian this year. So it’s pish that we look unfit and lethargic.

Like the rest of your 40000 plus posts, yet another one that is argumentative. You clearly are unable to counter anything with an intelligent argument. I’d go as far as to say the only posts where you weren’t being argumentative was when you wanted Hibs to win the cup. Call yourself a Hearts supporter. I doubt it

It is pish, we got beat 1-0 AET. Not humped.

Time will tell on that, pretty sure we've already beaten Raith and Dundee this season as well as them beating us, schooled is a bit of a drama and incorrect.

Now you have mentioned hibs, I guess you have nothing logical or factual left, just personal insults. Well done.

You can't get any joy from Hearts atm as you are only proven right when we get beat or have a bad result. 

You're' the type that will hope we get beat the next few games so you can go tonto on here and say " look I was right, Robbie oot, blah , blah"

Probably have your post typed out when the team sheets are announced.

Tragic way to support a team, gritted teeth when we win, get to be proven correct and feel like " da man" if we get beat.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There’s a massive difference in the way people can support the club. Constant, continual and unquestioned defence of - what has often been - the indefensible isn’t necessarily what I call being a supporter. He’s entrenched himself, hence why he’s always fighting on multiple fronts. He seems to like the wee niche he’s created.

Not multiple fronts, A robbie oot thread is embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair, but I'm not seeing how Cathro, CL and Stendels failures are a reflection on Robbie. My views on Robbie are based on the league positions and facts, not really a view tbh, just  facts on his last tenure.

There is no magic manager that will come in. Robinson was the flavour last season, Wright before him , Ross early doors this season and now Martindale( incoming soon).  Folk will champion guys like these while ripping Robbie.

I thought at the start we'd win about 20 games, maybe 22 or so and lose 3/4. looks like we might lose about 5 or 6. Who knows?

I also thought hibs would beat us in the sf and that Celtic would maybe pump us, on the flip side I wasn't happy about Alloa in the lc or Raith yesterday. Pretty much an average season for being a Hearts fan, some good surprises and some shite ones.

The important thing is we are top and  end up top, I think we will -comfortably.

On his last tenure, tbh if we can get back to being around the top 6, never mind the top 2 or 3 were Robbie had us  then I'd be happy and think about building from there.

Too many folk have lost all concept of reality on here, they want and demand us to be 3rd and even challenging the OF , but forget we are a team in the championship and have to build accordingly from there, no matter how angry they are or how much of a huff they are in.

Suppose you're right. I'm just sick of it. I've always been willing (rightly or wrongly) to give the manager some slack. That stopped when Stendel was given the bullet without a proper kick at the ba'. Now I find myself wanting the trigger pulled as soon as I start to suspect something isn't right and this is because I have previously ALWAYS been wrong and far too loyal to managers who have almost brought the club to it's knees. Why not this time, feels like cracks are more than just appearing, bits are falling off.

48 seasons of this.

What did you mean by Martindale incoming? Was it incoming flack (I would happily take him) or is it an allusion to a change in our management?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

We all defend the club when necessary but when you refuse to see that are staring you in the face that’s completely different.

Everyone wants Hearts to do well but when criticism is needed like it has been on a good few occasions this season, you don’t come on and tell everyone they are chatting shit and be obnoxious 

You need to look at your posts and see what you've called me, all because I don't want Robbie sacked and back him......

Think about how angry you are getting because someone backs the current manager....

You do not get to take the moral high ground, you have insulted me personally many times on this thread.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not multiple fronts, A robbie oot thread is embarrassing.

Well you could do everybody a favour and stop posting on it then, it’ll be less of an embarrassment for you then 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Deid Heid said:

Suppose you're right. I'm just sick of it. I've always been willing (rightly or wrongly) to give the manager some slack. That stopped when Stendel was given the bullet without a proper kick at the ba'. Now I find myself wanting the trigger pulled as soon as I start to suspect something isn't right and this is because I have previously ALWAYS been wrong and far too loyal to managers who have almost brought the club to it's knees. Why not this time, feels like cracks are more than just appearing, bits are falling off.

48 seasons of this.

What did you mean by Martindale incoming? Was it incoming flack (I would happily take him) or is it an allusion to a change in our management?

Martindale will be next manager we should have got, why couldn't we get him etc.

Folk wanting Robbie sacked will be championing him just as they have the other guys I mentioned- It's so predictable on here.

48 seasons of this, yeah it is  pish but tbh changing managers all the time imo is part of the problem.

Alex Macdonald was one of our best managers, imagine him now. Many Fans would have wanted him sacked when he failed to get promotion on the first season and that we didn't do that well in the cups later on.

We need a bit stability, if that is Robbie getting us promoted then just back into the top 6 then we can review it then, I think we'll get promoted and be about the top 4 on promotion tho. The cups -I have no idea.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well you could do everybody a favour and stop posting on it then, it’ll be less of an embarrassment for you then 👍

After the way you assured folk and tried to educate folk on the court case thread you should know all about being embarrassing across a thread. Never seen anyone dismiss all other views so readily and aggressively  and  then get it completely wrong.

19 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Completely agree, Those are the guys that are supposed to be setting the standard for us as a squad/team, They are setting a piss poor standard at the minute, Naismith is captain and he seems to be one of the main problems imo, He is good at shouting at others when they are having a bad game but his performances vs championship standard teams has been bloody shocking this season, This is a guy who has had a glittering career and played in the premier league with Everton for several years, He isn't doing anywhere near enough for me, Either that or he is finished as a player (looking more and more likely with each passing week) and should be moved into a coaching role asap.

He is finished and uninterested, the last person who should be captain. Leading by example and the rest are following

57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No your not. 

Your as good your league position, Litterally that is what it determines and why we have leagues. Litterally. 

A 3-2 defeat isn't a shambles either, it's shite but not a shambles. 

Sorry to disagree. Getting beaten at Tynecastle by a pub team is a shambles. Losing 3 going on 4 goals to Raith is unacceptable. Irrespective of the players at Neilson's disposal, there should be enough quality at the third biggest club in Scotland to take care of Raith Rovers Nil. The thing is this is not new. Under Levein initially, we were beaten 5-0 by Livingston, at home by Ross County and struggled to get a positive result against Hamilton. Add in defeats to a part time Alloa, Dunfermline and now Raith this season, it looks like things have not changed and need to improve soon. 

49 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A team that is top can most certainly be a shambles. We are proving that.

Our signing policy continues to be shambolic. We’ve signed players that aren’t good enough, and as a result we are having to sign other players as replacements. In addition, we have failed to sign players for positions that clearly need strengthening. 

Our defending is shambolic, partly because of our shambolic signing policy. We have current and former International players in our defence who are an utter shambles and leak goals left, right and centre.

Our “playing style” is shambolic. In fact there is no playing style. Our shambolic signing policy meant we signed two wingers (Frear and Roberts) who aren’t good enough. Rather than admit it Neilson continues to play them, despite the fact that we rarely play with any width, mainly because said two players aren’t good enough.

Our tactics and game management is shambolic. We appear to assume that because we have - comfortably - the best squad in the league we simply have to turn up. Neilson talking up how “difficult” each game will be and how “difficult” our opponents will be is frankly embarrassing. It is merely deflection for when it goes Pete Tong, like it has four times this season already.

It cannot be argued that we have by far the best squad in the league. Given that our performance, even when we have won some games, have been rotten at best, and some have indeed been a shambles, albeit a winning shambles.

Because every team in this league has a worse squad than us, and in their own ways are just as shambolic doesn’t mean that we aren’t a shambles. We are, but you always seem to be one of the last ones to see it as evidenced by your defence of Levein.

Good post. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

After the way you assured folk and tried to educate folk on the court case thread you should know all about being embarrassing across a thread. Never seen anyone dismiss all other views so readily and aggressively  and  then get it completely wrong.

😂😂😂😂 You obviously don’t have a mirror then 😂😂😂😂

All you’ve done on this thread is dismiss other people’s views, to the point that you’ve been called obnoxious and accused of lacking self awareness. You’ve gave abuse to anyone who has tried to put their view over “slaver grenade’s” though eh. 

And you're right, I did try to assure folk and tried to educate them and unfortunately things didn’t go the way I thought or hoped.

You on the other hand constantly try to bore people to death,  it’s a war of attrition until people get that pissed off with you that they just switch off.

I remember you saying once that you posted on here so much as you spent a lot of time on the train. I’m sure the majority of JKB will be praying for a train strike soon, very soon.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

No your not. 

Your as good your league position, Litterally that is what it determines and why we have leagues. Litterally. 

A 3-2 defeat isn't a shambles either, it's shite but not a shambles. 

Literally  😉

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Martindale will be next manager we should have got, why couldn't we get him etc.

Folk wanting Robbie sacked will be championing him just as they have the other guys I mentioned- It's so predictable on here.

48 seasons of this, yeah it is  pish but tbh changing managers all the time imo is part of the problem.

Alex Macdonald was one of our best managers, imagine him now. Many Fans would have wanted him sacked when he failed to get promotion on the first season and that we didn't do that well in the cups later on.

We need a bit stability, if that is Robbie getting us promoted then just back into the top 6 then we can review it then, I think we'll get promoted and be about the top 4 on promotion tho. The cups -I have no idea.

I'm with you, SRB. Yes, we are all pissed after yesterday, but the amount of wailing is pathetic. Imagine social media back in the day of Jim Jeffries appointment. His first signings included Nipper Lawrence (33) Paul Smith (30 plus) and Colin Miller. Short term, to help with rebuild. And we were bottom early in the season. They would have been a JJ out thread for sure.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I'm with you, SRB. Yes, we are all pissed after yesterday, but the amount of wailing is pathetic. Imagine social media back in the day of Jim Jeffries appointment. His first signings included Nipper Lawrence (33) Paul Smith (30 plus) and Colin Miller. Short term, to help with rebuild. And we were bottom early in the season. They would have been a JJ out thread for sure.

Agree with this, but I'm almost certain Colin Miller was Tommy McLean signing....

4 minutes ago, stotty said:

Agree with this, but I'm almost certain Colin Miller was Tommy McLean signing....

You could well be right -my memory not great- but you get my drift.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Nipper scored 7 goals in 34 appearances and played in a cup final, albeit a losing one. I doubt many Hearts supporters expected anything more than they got from Nipper.

Believe it or not there was a way to communicate before social media. Fans “back in the day” made their feeling known, and I’m sure those that did upset a few people along the way. 

If he loses to Raith on Tuesday, it would be hard to argue that he shouldn't be sacked tbh. 

Pumped by Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith twice within 12 games or so? 

No defence from me there. That would be absolutely abysmal. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nipper scored 7 goals in 34 appearances and played in a cup final, albeit a losing one. I doubt many Hearts supporters expected anything more than they got from Nipper.

Believe it or not there was a way to communicate before social media. Fans “back in the day” made their feeling known, and I’m sure those that did upset a few people along the way. 

Patronising arse. I'm 73, I'm well aware fans made their feeling known. You miss the point.

6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Patronising arse. I'm 73, I'm well aware fans made their feeling known. You miss the point.

I got your point. I - unaware of your years - just made a point that fans back in the day made their feelings known. You’ve pointed out that you are well aware of that. Maybe that makes me a patronising arse, telling you something you already knew, despite me not knowing that you knew it. Oh well 💁‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 11:40, Cruyff said:

A couple of months ago you were telling everyone it would be ridiculous to expect Hearts to be challenging for top 4 post promotion. 🙄

Not me. I'm an optimistic type! Neilson had us in top 3 before I'd expect he could have us top 4 in a stronger league this time around.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 12:58, stevie1874 said:

So he’s going to sort out our defence, we’re so boring to watch in a tinpot league. With the budget and players we have, he should be sending out the team to attack straight from the off. He’s certainly proving he’s out of the Levein school of coaching. 

Disagree regarding the style and the Levein comparison.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 11:28, Auldbenches said:

Did you not also tell us tha levein would bring us success?  

I hoped he would and he might have if it wasn't for all the injuries. Just my opinion obviously. He was only a few minutes from a cup win too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 11:22, NANOJAMBO said:

This wasn't A freak result. It's the third time this season we've been outplayed & outfought  by the nearest challengers. It comes on the back of some pathetic LC games. 

This has nothing to do with rebuilding and everything to do with an unmotivated bunch who are simply not trying hard enough for the entire game. 

Nobody's suggesting it wasn't a good game or that the better team didn't win : that's not what's driving everybody nuts. 

Yet again we can see there's major issues with this squad and the lack of effort/motivation is obvious.  The evidence is that Hearts can't put out a team that can at least be competitive for 90 mins against Dundee/Pars/Raith and that  is the issue here. 

They're not real challengers though. We're a long way ahead after just 12 games.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 11:17, Paul Shark said:

Is Covid to blame for Neilson's awful team selections ?

Once or twice, yes as we lost Ginnelly due to it and I doubt we'd have bought the likes of Roberts and Frear if we weren't building a team on a COVID-hit budget for a league we didn't even know would get played.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/01/2021 at 11:11, Hashimoto said:

Oh ma sides!.......Have you taken your medication today?

I now, it's ridiculous. It's not like he's done exactly that with us before or anything.

Guest ToqueJambo

Reading this thread through and especially the Stendel comments, it would be a very Millennial Hearts fan thing to do to start a campaign to replace a manager who has us top of the league from game 1 with the guy who left us 4 pts adrift at the bottom 🤣

7 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I agree with all your points EXCEPT why you think Jamie Mac was crap for us !!   

Remember he kept getting shoved down the queue for 3 or 4 years by the likes of Kello (excellent goalie) and a few  duffers Romanov shipped over (Kurskis + ?).    CL was quoted back in 2014  when challenged about letting Jamie go by saying  "I think we could do better than him" ... and brought in Scott Gallacher and promoted Jack Hamilton. Meanwhile Jamie went off and did brilliantly at  Killie for 4 years.

Jamie always was and still is an excellent keeper.   Pretty sure if we'd had him last season, we wouldn't be in this league now.  

I'll never forget his performance in the Stevenson game at ER, he was incredible that night

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

If he loses to Raith on Tuesday, it would be hard to argue that he shouldn't be sacked tbh. 

Pumped by Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith twice within 12 games or so? 

No defence from me there. That would be absolutely abysmal. 

If it was up to some, maybe you, we'd have a new manager every 1/4 of a season. Guys like Doddie who had very rough patches in charge wouldn't have been around long enough to achieve what they achieved.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is pish, we got beat 1-0 AET. Not humped.

Time will tell on that, pretty sure we've already beaten Raith and Dundee this season as well as them beating us, schooled is a bit of a drama and incorrect.

Now you have mentioned hibs, I guess you have nothing logical or factual left, just personal insults. Well done.

You can't get any joy from Hearts atm as you are only proven right when we get beat or have a bad result. 

You're' the type that will hope we get beat the next few games so you can go tonto on here and say " look I was right, Robbie oot, blah , blah"

Probably have your post typed out when the team sheets are announced.

Tragic way to support a team, gritted teeth when we win, get to be proven correct and feel like " da man" if we get beat.

I said schooled not humped. Please read the posts and stop using words that I never used. Not the same thing. However at no point did we look like winning that cup tie at Alloa.

You know, I know and everyone on JKB knows the Hibs thing with you, yet you still deny it. The fact that you can’t actually make an argument and use short obnoxious posts is all I need to know. If you want to debate fine, instead things are pointed out and you use words like slaver grenades and and tell people they are talking pish. That tells me you have nothing logical or reasonable to debate points with. 

I get no pleasure watching Hearts get beat, especially when we are playing a team who hadn’t played a competitive fixture for 26 days and have had half a squad self isolating. I certainly get no joy watching the club making the same mistakes like Groundhog Day. Oh and I’m certainly not going ‘tonto’ at getting beat and it doesn’t ruin my day.

I’m not looking to be proven right and I’m too busy at work to be constantly watching JKB. 

Maybe you need to take the maroon tinted glasses off and be objective about things. 

I’ll say it again, it’s supporters like you who are part of the reason we are in the Championship today. CL was an issue for 12 months before they finally got removed from his post yet supporters like you continued to give him support and ended up sleepwalking into a relegation.

Oh and as for your suggestion of Martindale for manager, what a crock of crap. Yet another unimaginative appointment. We got it wrong 12 months ago with Stendal. Good manager but came in at wrong time. He’s a manager who should have came in at start of end of season so he had all summer for a transfer window and to get the players fit to play the way he wanted game played. With hindsight of the 2 bigger names who had been sacked from English Championship at that time, Nathan Jones would have probably option. I’d have taken either of them but they wouldn’t have been my preferred option, however RN is a major backward step and an appointment which lacks imagination. 

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'll never forget his performance in the Stevenson game at ER, he was incredible that night

The save he put onto the bar was tremendous. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hoped he would and he might have if it wasn't for all the injuries. Just my opinion obviously. He was only a few minutes from a cup win too.

You don’t half like to rewrite history, a few minutes from a cup win? Celtic scored the equaliser in the SIXTY SECOND MINUTE for ****s sake. That’s got to be the most laughable defence of Levein you’ve come out with yet 🙈.,

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

With hindsight of the 2 bigger names who had been sacked from English Championship at that time, Nathan Jones would have probably option. I’d have taken either of them but they wouldn’t have been my preferred option, however RN is a major backward step and an appointment which lacks imagination. 

Many Man Utd fans were saying the same thing about Solskiar not that long ago. Now they're top of the league and just pumped Liverpool out the FA Cup (sadly).

It takes time to build a football team. I'd argue that fans who can't see that are the ones who lack imagination.

Neilson took over at a crazy time in football and for us. He put a winning team out on the park immediately and against all the odds took us closer to a Scottish Cup win than any other Hearts manager who hasn't won the thing, knocking out Hibs on the way to boot.

If you think 12 or 15 games is enough to judge a manager you're mad. Unlike Stendel Neilson is currently doing what he's being paid to do, which is get us promoted at the first time of asking. Neilson has a lot of attributes to be a good manager and is still relatively inexperienced. He's not a Cathro who was obviously out of his depth and will probably never manage another club or a Levein (even though I had faith he would come good despite not wanting him in the job in the first place) who had lost whatever it was that previously made him a good manager for us and D Utd.

So far, Neilson has made some good signings and some bad ones and has had some good performances and some bad ones. So like every manager we've ever had then? The general direction in terms of league position and SC performances and doing a more than decent job so far of sorting out three problem positions from the last 3 years - goalie, LB and wings - is good.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You don’t half like to rewrite history, a few minutes from a cup win? Celtic scored the equaliser in the SIXTY SECOND MINUTE for ****s sake. That’s got to be the most laughable defence of Levein you’ve come out with yet 🙈.,

When did they get the winner?

10 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I said schooled not humped. Please read the posts and stop using words that I never used. Not the same thing. However at no point did we look like winning that cup tie at Alloa.

You know, I know and everyone on JKB knows the Hibs thing with you, yet you still deny it. The fact that you can’t actually make an argument and use short obnoxious posts is all I need to know. If you want to debate fine, instead things are pointed out and you use words like slaver grenades and and tell people they are talking pish. That tells me you have nothing logical or reasonable to debate points with. 

I get no pleasure watching Hearts get beat, especially when we are playing a team who hadn’t played a competitive fixture for 26 days and have had half a squad self isolating. I certainly get no joy watching the club making the same mistakes like Groundhog Day. Oh and I’m certainly not going ‘tonto’ at getting beat and it doesn’t ruin my day.

I’m not looking to be proven right and I’m too busy at work to be constantly watching JKB. 

Maybe you need to take the maroon tinted glasses off and be objective about things. 

I’ll say it again, it’s supporters like you who are part of the reason we are in the Championship today. CL was an issue for 12 months before they finally got removed from his post yet supporters like you continued to give him support and ended up sleepwalking into a relegation.

Oh and as for your suggestion of Martindale for manager, what a crock of crap. Yet another unimaginative appointment. We got it wrong 12 months ago with Stendal. Good manager but came in at wrong time. He’s a manager who should have came in at start of end of season so he had all summer for a transfer window and to get the players fit to play the way he wanted game played. With hindsight of the 2 bigger names who had been sacked from English Championship at that time, Nathan Jones would have probably option. I’d have taken either of them but they wouldn’t have been my preferred option, however RN is a major backward step and an appointment which lacks imagination. 

Great post.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

The save he put onto the bar was tremendous. 

The rest were bog standard and he was lucky not to give goals away with two dodgy punches that went down the way. How career after leaving Hearts show the level he’s at. 
Has never moved his feet and dives full length making ordinary saves look better than they are. Two good saves yesterday, nothing more than that. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When did they get the winner?

What has that got to do with minutes from winning, we weren’t winning in the 82 minute so we weren’t minutes from winning. Minutes away from drawing. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The rest were bog standard and he was lucky not to give goals away with two dodgy punches that went down the way. How career after leaving Hearts show the level he’s at. 
Has never moved his feet and dives full length making ordinary saves look better than they are. Two good saves yesterday, nothing more than that. 

He did have a habit of palming the ball back into a dangerous area so they just had a tap in to an empty net. Sure he done it for Falkirk in a cup final against Inverness. 

On the whole he was decent for us. Was good yesterday. 2 very good saves yesterday I thought, not seen the naismith one at the end again. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What has that got to do with minutes from winning, we weren’t winning in the 82 minute so we weren’t minutes from winning. Minutes away from drawing. 

Minutes from extra time then? Drawing the game at 82 minutes against Celtic in a SC final is 8 minutes away from winning the thing for me (just like the start of the game is 90 minutes away from winning the cup). I know I felt that way at the time, but then  I'm not a Levein-obsessed lunatic.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it was up to some, maybe you, we'd have a new manager every 1/4 of a season. Guys like Doddie who had very rough patches in charge wouldn't have been around long enough to achieve what they achieved.

The frustration is with the same predictable slow pedestrian football. Even Robbie has been annoyed by it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Des Lynam said:

The frustration is with the same predictable slow pedestrian football. Even Robbie has been annoyed by it. 

Exactly, which is a good sign. Some players, Boyce, Berra and Halliday in particular, are not performing as players as experienced as them should. Neilson's job is to sort that out so let's see where we are in another 12 games.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:lol:

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )