Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Minutes from extra time then? Drawing the game at 82 minutes against Celtic in a SC final is 8 minutes away from winning the thing for me! I know I felt that way at the time, but then maybe I'm not a Levein-obsessed lunatic.

If it had finished 1-1 after 90 minutes would we have won the cup?  Is this a new rule?  Maybe not a Levein-obsessed lunatic, just a lunatic!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it was up to some, maybe you, we'd have a new manager every 1/4 of a season. Guys like Doddie who had very rough patches in charge wouldn't have been around long enough to achieve what they achieved.

And if it was up to you, we'd be playing in League 2, have had the same manager for 10 years and you'd still be defending them telling us you're feeling somewhat hopeful or optimistic about our future. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

And if it was up to you, we'd be playing in League 2, have had the same manager for 10 years and you'd still be defending them telling us you're feeling somewhat hopeful or optimistic about our future. 

I think 3 years is a good amount of time thanks, unless they're obviously failing miserably like Cathro and Stendel. Or off they're just a horrible chipmunk faced so and so like Tommy McLean. Levein was different for me. I genuinely thought someone as experienced as him would be able to turn things around when he got all or most of the key players he signed back from injury. I was wrong, although he never did get the chance to go on a good run with all the players back. When he did have his full team he had us top of the league, which suggested to me he could start getting results again.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
Just now, Ari Gold said:

He did have a habit of palming the ball back into a dangerous area so they just had a tap in to an empty net. Sure he done it for Falkirk in a cup final against Inverness. 

On the whole he was decent for us. Was good yesterday. 2 very good saves yesterday I thought, not seen the naismith one at the end again. 

He did it for QoS too. He’s hopeless on crosses and why we only put one of fifteen corners in on top of him is another bug bear from Saturdays tactics, especially when we did it when he was a Falkirk when we were in this league last time. Naismith hit it right at him. I knew nothing about GKs until he came along and watched him, average at best and a poor  decision maker. Falkirk/Killie/Alloa/Raith after us tells you all you need to know. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If it had finished 1-1 after 90 minutes would we have won the cup?  Is this a new rule?  Maybe not a Levein-obsessed lunatic, just a lunatic!

I’ve been confused all these years 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆🤣

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Minutes from extra time then? Still in the game at 82 minutes against Celtic in a SC final is 8 minutes away from winning the thing for me! I know I felt that way at the time, but then maybe I'm not a Levein-obsessed lunatic.

No you just have no clue about football 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We were 8 minutes from winning. Not sure how hard that is to understand. Before the game started we were 90 minutes away from winning.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If it had finished 1-1 after 90 minutes would we have won the cup?  Is this a new rule?  Maybe not a Levein-obsessed lunatic, just a lunatic

We won the cup a month ago cause we drew 2-2 with Celtic? Superb! 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you just have no clue about football 

What the **** are you on. At 1-1 with 8 minutes left it's game on you lunatic. Both teams were 8 minutes from a cup win. That's certainly how it Flt at the time. Man I'd hate to sit next to you at a game. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We were 8 minutes from winning. Not sure how hard that is to understand. Before the game started we were 90 minutes away from winning.

We were 8 minutes from drawing. 

This is like the famous twitter thread. He's 28 until he's 29.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

No, we were already drawing with 8 minutes to win it. Have you never heard people say we're one game from a trophy before a cup final? Should they be saying, we're 90 minutes from a draw because it's 0-0 at that point?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We won the cup a month ago cause we drew 2-2 with Celtic? Superb! 

I better celebrate 🤪

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

So as the clock ticks down from 8 then 7, 6,5,4,3,2,1.......then what? 🤔

No, we were drawing with 8 minutes to win it.

See when we were 3-0 down yesterday after 55 minutes, were we also 35 minutes away from winning also? 

Edited by Ari Gold

Pasquale for King

He’s Finnish 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo

See when we were 3-0 down yesterday after 55 minutes, were we also 35 minutes away from winning also? 

No, because being 3-0 down is clearly different from it being a stalemate. As I said above, instead of people say we're one game from a trophy before a cup final, should they be saying, we're 90 minutes from a draw because it's 0-0 at that point?

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you really as thick as you’re making out?!  

Jesus, I took a break from here for months, come back and the same posters are posting the same shite, or even worse! 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Makes no difference, when the game is tied you have 7, 6, 5, 4... minutes to win it. Have you never played football? Even at 5s with a minute left, someone shouts a minute to win it or something.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Something is up behind closed doors imo. Form has been on a steep downturn since cup final. Next three games are absolutely vital for promotion. 

New arse holes should torn out of the under performers and those blatantly not trying as evidenced yesterday. The very bare minimum required at hearts is effort desire and commitment. The fans at a packed tynie would let them know that, some of the charlatans are on borrowed time because they'll know it when fans are eventually let back in. And don't pretend this fanless situation will last forever. It won't. Nothing does. 

The fans will be back one day to let them know exactly what it means to represent hearts on a football pitch. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Are you really as thick as you’re making out?!  

Jesus, I took a break from here for months, come back and the same posters are posting the same shite, or even worse! 🤣

This is a hill I'm prepared to die on. At 1-1 after 82 mins both teams are 8 minutes from a cup win not 8 minutes from a draw. Or maybe it's a glass half full or empty thing, who knows. There are enough half empty types on here that's for sure.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Well using TJ’s logic both teams were 8 minutes away from winning it so I guess they must both win it rather than play extra time.🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Something is up behind closed doors imo. Form has been on a steep downturn since cup final. Next three games are absolutely vital for promotion. 

New arse holes should torn out of the under performers and those blatantly not trying as evidenced yesterday. The very bare minimum required at hearts is effort desire and commitment. The fans at a packed tynie would let them know that, some of the charlatans are on borrowed time because they'll know it when fans are eventually let back in. And don't pretend this fanless situation will last forever. It won't. Nothing does. 

The fans will be back one day to let them know exactly what it means to represent hearts on a football pitch. 

This will be having an impact. It shouldn't but it's only natural. Boyce for me is one who is not looking at up for it as he would with 17,000 people yelling at him to get his finger out.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well using TJ’s logic both teams were 8 minutes away from winning it so I guess they must both win it rather than play extra time.🤷‍♂️

You've finally got it. Both teams were 8 mins from winning it. I'm a Hearts fan so obviously I look at it form our perspective though.

Fozzyonthefence

This is a hill I'm prepared to die on. At 1-1 after 82 mins both teams are 8 minutes form a cup win.

That’s the same logic as saying yesterday at 3-0 down we were about 30 minutes away from 3 points.  This is logic that I have never, ever seen before.  Before now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s the same logic as saying yesterday at 3-0 down we were about 30 minutes away from 3 points.  This is logic that I have never, ever seen before.  Before now. 

It's only the same if you think 1-1 and 0-3 are the same.

Fozzyonthefence

You've finally got it. Both teams were 8 mins from winning it. I'm a Hearts fan so obviously I look at it form our perspective though.

So you’ve just said that if it finished 1-1 both teams would win it?!  🤣🤣

It's the same as in at both points we're not actually winning. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Ari Gold said:

It's the same as in at both points we're not actually winning. 

Put it this way then. If Scotland get to the World Cup final. Before the game starts are we 90 minutes from a World Cup win or 90 minutes from a 0-0 draw?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Fozzyonthefence

They kind of are in the sense that neither is a win.   A point that you’ve spectacularly failed to grasp. 

Put it this way then. If Scotland get to the World Cup final. Before the game starts are we 90 minutes from a World Cup win or 90 minutes from a 0-0 draw?

I would say once the game actually starts and there is a live score it changes things. 

You've gied me a laugh, but kudos for fighting your corner mate.👍

Guest ToqueJambo

So you’ve just said that if it finished 1-1 both teams would win it?!  🤣🤣

I'm not sure you understand the point of football. It's to win games, which both teams are doing. At 1-1 after 82 minutes both teams are 8 minutes form doing that. You can be pedantic and say 38 mins or 38 minutes and some penalties but either way when the game is tied in the cup, you are [insert amount of time left] from winning the thing, just like you are 90 minutes from winning it before the game has even started.

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it was up to some, maybe you, we'd have a new manager every 1/4 of a season. Guys like Doddie who had very rough patches in charge wouldn't have been around long enough to achieve what they achieved.

👍Hate to think of the abuse Doddy and Sandy would have got on here in their early days with us. It wasn’t pretty. But you are correct  re the number of fans who would fire the manager every week and clear out the squad after every defeat. Wonder how they would feel if their employers behaved the same with them after a bad day at the office ? 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This will be having an impact. It shouldn't but it's only natural. Boyce for me is one who is not looking at up for it as he would with 17,000 people yelling at him to get his finger out.

Yesterday was a typical last season performance, when we had crowds. The imposters dont care.

Guest ToqueJambo

They kind of are in the sense that neither is a win.   A point that you’ve spectacularly failed to grasp. 

At 1-1 Hearts are 8 minutes from a cup win. There are in other words 8 minutes left to win the cup and it's very realistic that we can do that because all it takes is one goal. At 3-0 down, hearts are obviously not 8 minutes from winning it as it's unlikely we'll score 4 goals in 8 minutes. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We will be back soon enough, and even if it’s 300 then the howls of derision will just be heard more easily.

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Many Man Utd fans were saying the same thing about Solskiar not that long ago. Now they're top of the league and just pumped Liverpool out the FA Cup (sadly).

It takes time to build a football team. I'd argue that fans who can't see that are the ones who lack imagination.

Neilson took over at a crazy time in football and for us. He put a winning team out on the park immediately and against all the odds took us closer to a Scottish Cup win than any other Hearts manager who hasn't won the thing, knocking out Hibs on the way to boot.

If you think 12 or 15 games is enough to judge a manager you're mad. Unlike Stendel Neilson is currently doing what he's being paid to do, which is get us promoted at the first time of asking. Neilson has a lot of attributes to be a good manager and is still relatively inexperienced. He's not a Cathro who was obviously out of his depth and will probably never manage another club or a Levein (even though I had faith he would come good despite not wanting him in the job in the first place) who had lost whatever it was that previously made him a good manager for us and D Utd.

So far, Neilson has made some good signings and some bad ones and has had some good performances and some bad ones. So like every manager we've ever had then? The general direction in terms of league position and SC performances and doing a more than decent job so far of sorting out three problem positions from the last 3 years - goalie, LB and wings - is good.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Add SAF to that list as well. 

It's really a misinterpretation of 'X' minutes from winning. This terminology is generally used to describe a team that snatches defeat or draws when in a winning position.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will be back soon enough, and even if it’s 300 then the howls of derision will just be heard more easily.

Sounds like you can't wait 🤣 Like a less-racist version of Millwall fans. Wait months to be able to watch football again then start booing before the game even starts.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

It's really a misinterpretation of 'X' minutes from winning. This terminology is generally used to describe a team that snatches defeat or draws when in a winning position.

Typically before a cup final, a team like Hearts will be talked about as being "just 90 minutes from a trophy" or similar. I'm sure we've all said it. That's what the chat in the dressing room will be too. No-one is saying, we're 90 minutes from a draw or extra time because it's 0-0 at that stage. So if the game is still tied with a few minutes to go, the same thing applies for me.

That's different from being a goal or few down with a few minutes to go. No-one then is going to say we're just a few minutes from a win.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Typically before a cup final, a team like Hearts will be talked about as being "just 90 minutes from a trophy" or similar. I'm sure we've all said it. That's what the chat in the dressing room will be too. No-one is saying, we're 90 minutes from a draw or extra time because it's 0-0 at that stage.

👍

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At 1-1 Hearts are 8 minutes from a cup win. There are in other words 8 minutes left to win the cup and it's very realistic that we can do that because all it takes is one goal. At 3-0 down, hearts are obviously not 8 minutes from winning it as it's unlikely we'll score 4 goals in 8 minutes. 

Yes, both teams had 8 minutes left to find a winner.  Just like yesterday we had about half an hour to find 4 goals to win the 3 points.  We probably came closer to doing the latter.  Your logic means the scoreline is irrelevant since you’re only using the time left to the final whistle irrespective of the score.  So at 1-1 you’re saying we’re 8 minutes from a cup win - the ball hits the back of the net and we’re 2-1 down - your logic is that we’re still 8 minutes from a cup win even though we’re losing.  Still a chance of winning but I wouldn’t imagine anyone would describe that as minutes away from winning the cup. Except you. 

Anyway, I’m bored with this. You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.  

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He did it for QoS too. He’s hopeless on crosses and why we only put one of fifteen corners in on top of him is another bug bear from Saturdays tactics, especially when we did it when he was a Falkirk when we were in this league last time. Naismith hit it right at him. I knew nothing about GKs until he came along and watched him, average at best and a poor  decision maker. Falkirk/Killie/Alloa/Raith after us tells you all you need to know. 

Since 2000, I'd say Niemi, Gordon and Kello are only goalies better than JM.    Have a wee minute to think of the guys CL brought in during the last 2 years - JM still worse than them ?   

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

We all defend the club when necessary but when you refuse to see that are staring you in the face that’s completely different.

Everyone wants Hearts to do well but when criticism is needed like it has been on a good few occasions this season, you don’t come on and tell everyone they are chatting shit and be obnoxious 

That's a 2 way street, or at least it should be. 

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Since 2000, I'd say Niemi, Gordon and Kello are only goalies better than JM.    Have a wee minute to think of the guys CL brought in during the last 2 years - JM still worse than them ?   

I'd put McGlaughlin ahead of MacDonald. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

I said schooled not humped. Please read the posts and stop using words that I never used. Not the same thing. However at no point did we look like winning that cup tie at Alloa.

You know, I know and everyone on JKB knows the Hibs thing with you, yet you still deny it. The fact that you can’t actually make an argument and use short obnoxious posts is all I need to know. If you want to debate fine, instead things are pointed out and you use words like slaver grenades and and tell people they are talking pish. That tells me you have nothing logical or reasonable to debate points with. 

I get no pleasure watching Hearts get beat, especially when we are playing a team who hadn’t played a competitive fixture for 26 days and have had half a squad self isolating. I certainly get no joy watching the club making the same mistakes like Groundhog Day. Oh and I’m certainly not going ‘tonto’ at getting beat and it doesn’t ruin my day.

I’m not looking to be proven right and I’m too busy at work to be constantly watching JKB. 

Maybe you need to take the maroon tinted glasses off and be objective about things. 

I’ll say it again, it’s supporters like you who are part of the reason we are in the Championship today. CL was an issue for 12 months before they finally got removed from his post yet supporters like you continued to give him support and ended up sleepwalking into a relegation.

Oh and as for your suggestion of Martindale for manager, what a crock of crap. Yet another unimaginative appointment. We got it wrong 12 months ago with Stendal. Good manager but came in at wrong time. He’s a manager who should have came in at start of end of season so he had all summer for a transfer window and to get the players fit to play the way he wanted game played. With hindsight of the 2 bigger names who had been sacked from English Championship at that time, Nathan Jones would have probably option. I’d have taken either of them but they wouldn’t have been my preferred option, however RN is a major backward step and an appointment which lacks imagination. 

You said we got humped of fishermen or some sort. 

Tonto is apt I think. 

Matter of time before there is a thread championing Martindale, it's the jkb way. Flavour of the month. 

Imagination - some guy with a fancy name?

Anyway I'm out. 

Hope we win Tuesday. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Reading this thread through and especially the Stendel comments, it would be a very Millennial Hearts fan thing to do to start a campaign to replace a manager who has us top of the league from game 1 with the guy who left us 4 pts adrift at the bottom 🤣

Of different leagues.

And you might want to check your facts about Neilson having had us top since game 1.

3 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

Suppose you're right. I'm just sick of it. I've always been willing (rightly or wrongly) to give the manager some slack. That stopped when Stendel was given the bullet without a proper kick at the ba'. Now I find myself wanting the trigger pulled as soon as I start to suspect something isn't right and this is because I have previously ALWAYS been wrong and far too loyal to managers who have almost brought the club to it's knees. Why not this time, feels like cracks are more than just appearing, bits are falling off.

48 seasons of this.

What did you mean by Martindale incoming? Was it incoming flack (I would happily take him) or is it an allusion to a change in our management?

You could do as others do and say that a manager is crap as soon as he's in the door and needs emptied, most managers get sacked eventually and you can then crow about how you were right.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )