Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Gards said:

FACT - Stendel also brought in Langer and that other clown avdijaj who quite frankly was one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on a maroon jersey.

FACT - Stendel brought in Boyce who whilst at the start looked promising is failing to deliver.

But let's not bring in that in your FACTS list eh?

Another Grade A apologist

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Genuinely wish we kept Stendel.

He was doing the rebuild, got rid of Berra who is past it. Was getting rid of the rubbish left by Levein.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, SectionN said:

He was doing the rebuild, got rid of Berra who is past it. Was getting rid of the rubbish left by Levein.

He had about two months to rebuild in. But whereas Mrs Mangle gave Levein about eight years, two months was enough for Stendel. The stupid cow didn’t even have the decency to tell him she was replacing him with one of her boys. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another Grade A apologist

Not an apologist.  Don't think you'll find on any thread i've defended Levein or Neilson.

But when folks start stamping 'FACT' all over their posts and are selective in what they post, i'll call it out.

If that makes me an apologist, I'll wear it as a badge of honor rather than some of the twisted, untrue shit that gets posted on here at times.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He had about two months to rebuild in. But whereas Mrs Mangle gave Levein about eight years, two months was enough for Stendel. The stupid cow didn’t even have the decency to tell him she was replacing him with one of her boys. 

He was definitely badly treated.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mrs Mangle....Stupid Cow....and you wonder why you're not taken seriously.

2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Agree......Maybe it was the cost of that rebuild that frightened Budge?

Getting rid of Stendel and his potential rebuild and bringing in Neilson with his cheap, let's keep the same dross option seems to be her obvious choice....  

I don't believe for a minute that Boyce was a Stendel target. He sanctioned it but we pursued him for a few windows.

I'd thank MacPhee for that.

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

I am not happy with that display today but its all about getting out this league there are some stuffy teams in this league and they are all beating each other, so in my opinion Robbie should be challenged if we dinnie get promotion or sign sh"t players next season.

Sorry but got to disagree, he should be seriously questioned now. We’ve sleepwalked enough over the last 5 years and just going into next season even if we scrape up is unacceptable. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Probably the same attitude our manager and players have.

We seem to manage fine the bigger the cup tie.

Beginning to look to me, they are lazy rather than shite

31 minutes ago, Gards said:

FACT - Stendel also brought in Langer and that other clown avdijaj who quite frankly was one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on a maroon jersey.

S

FACT - Stendel brought in Boyce who whilst at the start looked promising is failing to deliver.

But let's not bring in that in your FACTS list eh?

That is not a fact that is an opinion.

Fact - in 10 championship appearances Boyce has 7 goals and 4 assists.

Failing to deliver ? Really :phface:

Edited by merrymac

We need a complete change in direction. We continue to reward failure. I would not care if any of these players were retained. Instead all we hear about is renewal of contracts and we are supposed to celebrate and many do. I have not celebrated and that was before today. Our club and loyalty of fans is being exploited and abused and has become a comfort zone, this has been the case for too long. An 18 year old loanee roasted our experienced defenders, and was way better than anything we have. What does that say about  our recruitment and academy.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

That is not a fact that is an opinion.

Fact - in 10 championship appearances Boyce has 7 goals and 4 assists.

Failing to deliver ? Really :phface:

Ok let me reword - FACT - Boyce joined whilst Stendel was manager.

With respects failing to delivery, yes that's an opinion and take a look at the Boyce thread where many others are questioning his performance.  Don't get me wrong, I think there's a player there.  But he seems lacking in confidnce, trying too hard and failing.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's clearly escaped the attention of some that there are mental results in every league during COVID. The best teams in the world are getting beat all over the shop. Every game seems up for grabs without home advantage.

Neilson is building a team and will now look to shore up the defence. Frear has had his last chance as well and we certainly do need something fresh in attack. If he doesn't at least try to address those things then maybe there's a case for saying he's not up to the job. But come on he's paid to get us promoted not to win every game. That's an unrealistic expectation.

That was actually a good game anyhow. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team on the day won, even with Jamie Mac playing out of his skin (again).

So he’s going to sort out our defence, we’re so boring to watch in a tinpot league. With the budget and players we have, he should be sending out the team to attack straight from the off. He’s certainly proving he’s out of the Levein school of coaching. 

Just now, Gards said:

Ok let me reword - FACT - Boyce joined whilst Stendel was manager.

With respects failing to delivery, yes that's an opinion and take a look at the Boyce thread where many others are questioning his performance.  Don't get me wrong, I think there's a player there.  But he seems lacking in confidnce, trying too hard and failing.

His performances have not been brilliant I agree, bur strikers are judged on goals and his record is excellent this season.

He needs help, the rest of the team are always miles off him when the ball is played up, so he has no alternative to try and hold it up.

If we had a pacy attacking midfielder /No 10 he could lay off to players coming through and actually stretch opposition defences.

He is good in the box, look at the difference when Ginnelly came on. If we can give him chances he will score.

I reckon you would be pissed off if you had to deal with some of the passes he gets.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

So he’s going to sort out our defence, we’re so boring to watch in a tinpot league. With the budget and players we have, he should be sending out the team to attack straight from the off. He’s certainly proving he’s out of the Levein school of coaching. 

He’s out of his depth this time.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Teams aren't afraid to come to Tynecastle anymore..quite sad. 

Why would they be?

There is nobody there ffs 🤣🤣

Somehow Neilson should be able to conjure up a super strong central defence just like that?

Calling for a manager's head when top of the league? Dear me.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Teams aren't afraid to come to Tynecastle anymore..quite sad. 

That’s how bad it is and at the moment it’s just Championship teams.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Robbie has the chance in the next two games to show us what he’s made of!

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s out of his depth this time.

I think you could be right. Hands up I was one who stuck up for Levein for a long time and was disappointed the way he was treated by fans at games. But after he was gone I was delighted we appointed a left field manager out with the Scottish old boys merry go round and really think we should have given the guy a full year to bring in his players and play his brand of football. Looking back when Mrs Budge was made aware Robbie would be willing to come back she made the easy comfortable decision which I hope doesn’t leave us in the never ending loop of mediocrity. 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

We played some wonderful stuff in some games under Stendel and still leaked goals. Unfortunately the wonderful play didn't translate into points either. I'm thinking Killie at home when we were great but lost 3 goals before pulling 2 back and St Johnston away again losing stupid goals before pulling it back for a 3 all draw.

We were not great against Killie. We played good stuff for about 15 minutes. The rest of the game we did not rise above mediocre. Away against St Johnstone we were good for one half. At home against St Johnstone - admittedly Stendel’s first game - we were complete gash.

Neilson will not be getting sacked. His objective is promotion which he is still on course to achieve despite a few horrendous results! 

he needs to get more out the players though, it’s his job! They simply are not performing! Then again is it just because we don’t have the right balance in the team? The players are all off form,  Or quite simply the players actually, are not good enough, because on paper we should be walking the league! 

the biggest frustration for me is he keeps chopping and changing the team... just play your best team! Stop trying to give players a game or be too clever about formations and reasons for players playing football in certain games

He is under pressure now especially with two tricky games coming up. I do think the players themselves need to do better. Need more energy, more forward passes, more runs off the ball, taking more risks in possession and just in general a more up for it approach. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I think you could be right. Hands up I was one who stuck up for Levein for a long time and was disappointed the way he was treated by fans at games. But after he was gone I was delighted we appointed a left field manager out with the Scottish old boys merry go round and really think we should have given the guy a full year to bring in his players and play his brand of football. Looking back when Mrs Budge was made aware Robbie would be willing to come back she made the easy comfortable decision which I hope doesn’t leave us in the never ending loop of mediocrity. 

Good post.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Some of the football was good but what I really liked was his no nonsense approach to football - he held absolutely no sentiment and tried his hardest to get rid of fraudsters. I've heard before when he showed up he was absolutely astounded at how badly the club was being ran and tried to change things, which is why Budge never liked him. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she wants a nice, agreeable, non threatening manager that will do as she says. Stendel actually wanted to play football. He didn't do as well as he should have undeniably, however I was more interested in what he could have done with enough time.

That’s all ifs, buts and maybes. The hard truth is that DS did not improve us. He might have done so in time, and he might not. 

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We seem to manage fine the bigger the cup tie.

Beginning to look to me, they are lazy rather than shite

Lazy is worrying then 

Robbie can't motivate players any better than Levein could, he is sticking with a system and players that don't work, our midfield is three men short of a four, Frear wouldn't get a game with us at 5s, Walker is living up to is name, and Halliday is as much use as a trap door in a canoe, players who have proved they are not up to it keep appearing in a Hearts jersey, so the guy who keeps putting them on the park is a Fn idiot.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This wasn't A freak result. It's the third time this season we've been outplayed & outfought  by the nearest challengers. It comes on the back of some pathetic LC games. 

This has nothing to do with rebuilding and everything to do with an unmotivated bunch who are simply not trying hard enough for the entire game. 

Nobody's suggesting it wasn't a good game or that the better team didn't win : that's not what's driving everybody nuts. 

Yet again we can see there's major issues with this squad and the lack of effort/motivation is obvious.  The evidence is that Hearts can't put out a team that can at least be competitive for 90 mins against Dundee/Pars/Raith and that  is the issue here. 

Lack of motivation/effort ?     So it's a simple equation then -   Hearts lose, so it must be down to lack of motivation/effort, Robbie oot.    

Seems to me that in most of our home games (but not today) our passing through the opposition midfield has been crisp and accurate, with the receiving player controlling it well most of the time.  Contrast that with today's first half - poor accuracy and poor first touch by our forwards.   Things improved a bit in the second half, and having Gino available on the left helped too.     

Why do some folk  blame Robbie and our players when a "wee" team raises its game  against us - and it's the 3 teams we always knew would be the nearest challengers - we were that "wee" team  in the SC semi and final, and did the same.   Did Celtic's players lack motivation/effort in the Final prior to the shoot out, or did the opposition's play have something to do with them under-performing  ` ?     And Hibs collapse today as soon as St. J scored their 1st goal - Ross's fault ?

It is concerning though how we are losing more than 1 goal in many games despite having a top goalie and 4 good defenders -  although    Raith's 3rd goal shouldn't have stood, and Jamie Mac made 3  outstanding saves.   

Luckily, Dundee & Dunfermline only caught up 1 point on us.        Tuesday will show whether Robbie learnt anything worthwhile  today.  

24 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Somehow Neilson should be able to conjure up a super strong central defence just like that?

You're not Ann Budge by any chance.

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Lack of motivation/effort ?     So it's a simple equation then -   Hearts lose, so it must be down to lack of motivation/effort, Robbie oot.    

Seems to me that in most of our home games (but not today) our passing through the opposition midfield has been crisp and accurate, with the receiving player controlling it well most of the time.  Contrast that with today's first half - poor accuracy and poor first touch by our forwards.   Things improved a bit in the second half, and having Gino available on the left helped too.     

Why do some folk  blame Robbie and our players when a "wee" team raises its game  against us - and it's the 3 teams we always knew would be the nearest challengers - we were that "wee" team  in the SC semi and final, and did the same.   Did Celtic's players lack motivation/effort in the Final prior to the shoot out, or did the opposition's play have something to do with them under-performing  ` ?     And Hibs collapse today as soon as St. J scored their 1st goal - Ross's fault ?

It is concerning though how we are losing more than 1 goal in many games despite having a top goalie and 4 good defenders -  although    Raith's 3rd goal shouldn't have stood, and Jamie Mac made 3  outstanding saves.   

Luckily, Dundee & Dunfermline only caught up 1 point on us.        Tuesday will show whether Robbie learnt anything worthwhile  today.  

I didnt realise we hired a Trainee Manager who is learning how to manage. His Report card at this stage is - I think Managing is not for you son......

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I didnt realise we hired a Trainee Manager who is learning how to manage. His Report card at this stage is - I think Managing is not for you son......

Well, that fits Cathro certainly.  😜        

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I have never called for RN to be sacked. 

I question his ability to motivate a team to even compete for 90 minutes against "wee" teams. 

He was found wanting again today. 

lost in space
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t agree. I’m sure we both agreed on several threads that CL destroyed the club, signings, attitude, training, fitness. ****ing ruined it. Stendel tried to do too much at once and the players didn’t fully buy into it. So now Robbie is up. Would I have appointed him? No. Does he deserve time? Absolutely. 12 games is **** all compared to the mess the club is in. 

Agree with most of that but taking in LC and SC games, it is about 20 games. That is enough for a judgement. How many games did Stendel get?

It is not the signings or the team selections that worry me - it is the attitude and lack of motivation shown by the players.

He does not have the required ability.

I with he did but plainly lacking.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neilson is shite. No doubt. But who the **** hired him and why? Budge and for comfort.

Get Budge to **** asap.

This. It’s so ****ing obvious 

34 minutes ago, S Form said:

That’s all ifs, buts and maybes. The hard truth is that DS did not improve us. He might have done so in time, and he might not. 

Has Neilson with a full pre season +, all his coaches, lower league opposition and 6months?

Edited by Gambo

lost in space
18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I with i could ignore our problems like you do.

I am not going to waste my team by going though all of your post but you dont seem to take on board how important motivation is.

Our players are better than RR. They beat us because they had simple, attacking, battling tactics allied to motivation.

We had tactics that were to not lose the ball/ keep fbs in our own half. We had no motivation to go out and win or get more than 1 man in the box.

We have good players who are a collective shambles until losing - then a motivation kicks in  - but too late.

He is quite rightly under pressure from the fans,  but is he under any sort of pressure from within?

Edited by Gambo

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Has Neilson with a full pre season +, all his coaches, lower league opposition and 6months?

He did when we won the Championship when he was first with us....and did it with Dundee Utd

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He is quite rightly under pressure from the fans,  but is he under any sort of pressure from within?

What do you think ? 

With this "board" ? I'd say, no chance. 

Today was undeniably poor - not for the first time this season. No need to panic yet, we'll win the division. 

That said, the outfield defensive spine of the team - central defence and central midfield - isn't nearly good enough. Robbie brought Berra and Lee back into the fold when the previous manager had seen through them. He signed Halliday and Popescu. He has no idea how to get the best out of Naismith.

I think we have the wrong manager. I'm not saying Stendel was right (on balance, I'd have stuck with him, but can understand why others weren't unhappy when he was let go), but it's always risky going back as we seen with Levein. Robbie's lucky there are no fans in the ground, so he'll not get any immediate stick from the stands.

Robbie has taken us backwards, but he'll get us promoted, and therefore the board will see that as a success and give him a crack in the top division next season. That's not going to go well on current evidence.

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So far, the record is patchy. Some good games, some awful. He needs to have us at it from the start in every match. If he maintains his overall win percentage as Hearts manager, though, I’ll be happy.

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

He did when we won the Championship when he was first with us....and did it with Dundee Utd

Keep going on about "that" season like it absolves any subsequent seasons. In effect now gives him carte blanche to screw up.

All because of that season!

7 minutes ago, Gards said:

Dundee Utd fans were delighted he departed. Championship was 5 year ago, this is now.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

He’s now in his 2nd window, the first one lasted about 5 months. He came up with Popescu and is playing two guys who look out their depth even at this level. Defend him all you wish but you can’t honestly think he shouldn’t have done better with the defence so far?

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )