Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

If we did have a serious challenge we wouldn’t win it. We always seem to come off second best in the big games when it matters. 

Like the Semi Final against Hibs?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Leveins Battalion

Baffling that Raith have 2 massive strikers in Dukku and Ogubu or whatever his name is and we have Boyce or Wighton and Henderson 🤣🤣🤣

No wonder we are gash.

Stendel was poor no denying that the problem we have as now is a chairwoman who through her own admittance washed her hands of the reason we pay to see the Hearts and watched it sink down the shitter over a four year period.

17 minutes ago, S Form said:

Did I say we’d been fantastic this season? The truth is in most of Stendel’s games we were woeful, yet people keep saying he had us playing good football-it’s nuts.

We played some wonderful stuff in some games under Stendel and still leaked goals. Unfortunately the wonderful play didn't translate into points either. I'm thinking Killie at home when we were great but lost 3 goals before pulling 2 back and St Johnston away again losing stupid goals before pulling it back for a 3 all draw.

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

State of this. Neilson will get us promoted no bother at all and have us back challenging in 3rd first season back.

A couple of months ago you were telling everyone it would be ridiculous to expect Hearts to be challenging for top 4 post promotion. 🙄

43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stendel tried to sort Leveins mess, Budge shat herself. Neilson keeping Leveins work going.

This.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

To be fair Robbie has won this league at a canter twice.

maybe he is not the problem?🧐

Don't be silly. The JKB masses know best. We should sack him and replace him with some dud like Stephen Robinson. Then we can sack him too when we lose again.

24 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Stendel joined in December, we were ninth, he had four months to improve our position, plenty of time to push us up a minimum of two positions in the table, when the season was called in March, we were tenth, we regressed under Stendel

The league table doesn’t lie, Stendel was a failure, end of.

It obviously does in your eyes.

I wish we had ended up in 10th:whistling:

Neilsons test is next season which in fairness he has passed a similar scenario once before.

We are clear at the top, we will win the league. That's the target.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

Stendel walked away because his contract had a relegation clause that let him do that.

Did you see the documentary? 

It shows that he actually didn't know if he was keeping his job or not and it was at Budges discretion. He found out via social media he had been sacked because she didn't even let him know. 

She announced Robbie very quickly and actually had the gall to keep CL at Tynecastle nearly the entire time Stendel was there. 

He was treated appallingly by her and the 'relegation clause' was never activated as we were demoted, not relegated.

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Like the Semi Final against Hibs?

That was the exception when it took a huge stroke of luck from a missed penalty. 
Still 

Just now, Locky said:

Don't be silly. The JKB masses know best. We should sack him and replace him with some dud like Stephen Robinson. Then we can sack him too when we lose again.

The losing is becoming more often now though isn’t it and that’s the worry. Losing against our main challengers in 3 of the 4 matches we have played is extremely worrying. We will lose on Tuesday too. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

That was the exception when it took a huge stroke of luck from a missed penalty. 
Still 

The losing is becoming more often now though isn’t it and that’s the worry. Losing against our main challengers in 3 of the 4 matches we have played is extremely worrying. We will lose on Tuesday too. 

You're not wrong. I think we'll struggle on Tuesday too. But I just don't think Neilson is the problem per se, nor do I think yet another manager is the right choice. We'd still have the same shite in the team. The same imposters.

27 minutes ago, S Form said:

Did I say we’d been fantastic this season? The truth is in most of Stendel’s games we were woeful, yet people keep saying he had us playing good football-it’s nuts.

Some of the football was good but what I really liked was his no nonsense approach to football - he held absolutely no sentiment and tried his hardest to get rid of fraudsters. I've heard before when he showed up he was absolutely astounded at how badly the club was being ran and tried to change things, which is why Budge never liked him. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she wants a nice, agreeable, non threatening manager that will do as she says. Stendel actually wanted to play football. He didn't do as well as he should have undeniably, however I was more interested in what he could have done with enough time.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Neilsons test is next season which in fairness he has passed a similar scenario once before.

We are clear at the top, we will win the league. That's the target.

I hope Neilson learns from today. He didn't from the Dundee game. You can't just turn up and win, you have to fight for every ball. We have guys in the team not rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in and have done for years 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I hope Neilson learns from today. He didn't from the Dundee game. You can't just turn up and win, you have to fight for every ball. We have guys in the team not rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in and have done for years 

The last sentence has been true under the last three managers. Makes you think that it might not be Neilson that’s the problem.  

PortonianJambo

I must admit, Robbie’s selections at time baffle me.Frear in front of Ginelly?Halliday, Walker not contributing.Halkett is having an awful season and looks far too slow.Even Michael Smith and Craig Gordon didn’t look too clever at times today.Very bad day at the office, but the chase for the title goes on.Like to think Robbie will have them fired up for Tuesday night.Surely.

But I’ll back him just now. Remember, we beat Hobos in the semi and IMO were only one penalty away from winning SC , as I don’t think their last two takers would have been able to handle the pressure If Kingsley had scored.We’re still top, though we should have increased lead today.

best in the land
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Some of the football was good but what I really liked was his no nonsense approach to football - he held absolutely no sentiment and tried his hardest to get rid of fraudsters. I've heard before when he showed up he was absolutely astounded at how badly the club was being ran and tried to change things, which is why Budge never liked him. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, she wants a nice, agreeable, non threatening manager that will do as she says. Stendel actually wanted to play football. He didn't do as well as he should have undeniably, however I was more interested in what he could have done with enough time.

This 

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Neilson is S***e, he is at the biggest job he will ever have, his style of football is boring, he has no plan b and he isn't capable of sending a team out to attack attack attack 

This argument between Stendel or Neilson continues to roll along.

FACT - Stendel had NO time to effect change in the playing personnel at the club. It is also true that he had to make the best fist possible with the tools he had at that time. For him punting Berra up to Dundee , in return he brought in Sibbick. Toby Sibbick, a young mobile footballer. I think we all saw his potential. Unfortunately Sibbick was struck down with illness. I'll also concede that some of Stendel's January signings did not work out. But in essence he was working with a set of broken down, demoralised players. What might have been, we will never know. No point in speculating.

FACT - Neilson has had more time to effect change at the club. With the leagues and L/C not starting until September/October Neilson has had the luxury of picking up players during the interim period from the time of his reappointment. Safe to say that his ratio of signing duds far outweighs the duds hired by Stendel!

FACT - When it comes to the big games Neilson has failed!.....OK, some will quote back the SC semi final...I accept that. However, look at the bread and butter league games.....verses our closest challengers.....FAILURE.....Because these teams drop points elsewhere, and we are currently top of the league should not deflect away from the fact that Neilson doesn't get it right when we get the chance to widen the gap. It's marked down as a failure.
The thing is it feel's like Neilson has never been away!......The club has not taken the opportunity to refresh on the playing side of things. Even our new DoF (Savage) says that he will be directed and guided by Neilson when it comes to new signings

Edited by Hashimoto

3 minutes ago, shauncl said:

Neilson is S***e, he is at the biggest job he will ever have, his style of football is boring, he has no plan b and he isn't capable of sending a team out to attack attack attack 

If we lose on tuesday raith might have a better points per game ratio

I like Neilson and want him to do well and stay for years, However today was hugely dissapointing for me and i am beggining to question his methods and why we are always starting matches like a snail, he needs to start doing better, At the end of the day we are paying boyce and naismith probably more than the entire raith first team put together, I expect hearts to win these games, Especially at home,I know thats not always possible, However we cannot keep starting slow and condeding 2/3 goals before we react in a game, This tells me that there is a weakness in the defence, Mainly CB positions that needs to be rectified and its robbies job to identify that, Either through coaching or recruitment.

He needs to start making improvements and fast or the majority of the fan base will be on top of him once again.

The Mercer Takeover

We must learn the lesson of Levein and not make the same mistakes over and over again. As soon as Neilson passes his footballing sell by date, he has to go immediately. 

We are not at that stage yet in my opinion, however we are certainly heading in that direction.

There was something fundamentally wrong with the way we were setup today and the overall attitude sucked. The selection of Frear was also nothing short of astonishing. Slow, plodding, sideways, lacking, worrying about the opposition. None of this is acceptable. Neilson is synonymous with this stuff away from home but at Tynecastle, unforgivable.

Lose in midweek and I for one will be thinking about calling for his head.

PortonianJambo
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

If we lose on tuesday raith might have a better points per game ratio

We will have a worse ratio🤬

Edited by PortonianJambo

2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I like Neilson and want him to do well and stay for years, However today was hugely dissapointing for me and i am beggining to question his methods and why we are always starting matches like a snail, he needs to start doing better, At the end of the day we are paying boyce and naismith probably more than the entire raith first team put together, I expect hearts to win these games, Especially at home,I know thats not always possible, However we cannot keep starting slow and condeding 2/3 goals before we react in a game, This tells me that there is a weakness in the defence, Mainly CB positions that needs to be rectified and its robbies job to identify that, Either through coaching or recruitment.

He needs to start making improvements and fast or the majority of the fan base will be on top of him once again.

Because he's s***e and should be no where near our club

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I like him too and I'm concerned about everything you mention. 

I'm just as angry with Naismith and Boyce, particularly the former. I wish we hadn't signed him. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think the lack of a serious challenge helps this team in truth. 

Let's be honest this season is devoid of anything other than a job.

It's a shame that the players are not turning up but I genuinely don't fear for promotion. 

Centre backs and centre midfield are problematic. 

Probably the same attitude our manager and players have.

Gordon Ramsay

I'm bored senseless watching us this season. He might get us up but we'll be pish next season too and we won't be able to pick up anywhere near as many points playing like this in the Premier League. 

Snoreson. 

30 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Did you see the documentary? 

It shows that he actually didn't know if he was keeping his job or not and it was at Budges discretion. He found out via social media he had been sacked because she didn't even let him know. 

She announced Robbie very quickly and actually had the gall to keep CL at Tynecastle nearly the entire time Stendel was there. 

He was treated appallingly by her and the 'relegation clause' was never activated as we were demoted, not relegated.

Exactly!! The way we dealt with the manager at the end I felt was shocking!!

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The last sentence has been true under the last three managers. Makes you think that it might not be Neilson that’s the problem.  

We've promised them all moves that haven't materialised probably. I don't see whats wrong with trying you're best and having a long career at Hearts 

4 minutes ago, shauncl said:

Neilson is trying his best, I was more impressed with him first time though, alot more impressed. I guess he has a fraction of the money he had, have to bare that in mind. Also no plan B, I think he always does to be fair 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I'm bored senseless watching us this season. He might get us up but we'll be pish next season too and we won't be able to pick up anywhere near as many points playing like this in the Premier League. 

Snoreson. 

I was bored out of my tits last time he was here and wanted him gone.

I definitely won’t be renewing next season with him at the helm, I’ll just pick and choose the odd games to go to, if fans are even back by then of course.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

At least JKB never lets us down.

Always the best place to be after a defeat, cheers me up no end.

Well it would 🤷‍♂️

Surely if we can see the players who aren't up to it then Robbie can also.We can't bin them all but a team that is losing an average of 1.5 goals per game in this league needs sorting out at the back first and then the defensive midfield.Haring for Halliday would surely be an improvement if he is fit.Frear is surely only in until Ginnelly proves he can last 90 minutes.GMS needs to settle into the team and show a lot more than the one time he skinned the fullback.We are scoring 3 per game so sort the defence first as with a goalie of Gordon's calibre we should be having shutouts against most teams.I am sure he will take us up but can only hope he is as alarmed as us at the defence or we will be in a relegation battle next season.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I was bored out of my tits last time he was here and wanted him gone.

I definitely won’t be renewing next season with him at the helm, I’ll just pick and choose the odd games to go to, if fans are even back by then of course.

Exactly

If he is still at the helm I'm sure there will be no shortage of seats available

15 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

FACT - Stendel had NO time to effect change in the playing personnel at the club. It is also true that he had to make the best fist possible with the tools he had at that time. For him punting Berra up to Dundee , in return he brought in Sibbick. Toby Sibbick, a young mobile footballer. I think we all saw his potential. Unfortunately Sibbick was struck down with illness. I'll also concede that some of Stendel's January signings did not work out. But in essence he was working with a set of broken down, demoralised players. What might have been, we will never know. No point in speculating.

FACT - Stendel also brought in Langer and that other clown avdijaj who quite frankly was one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on a maroon jersey.

FACT - Stendel brought in Boyce who whilst at the start looked promising is failing to deliver.

But let's not bring in that in your FACTS list eh?

38 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That's Neilsons biggest problem....he is not learning.

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So every defeat we have a stupid thread like this?? 

yes - blame social media and everyone think they know better than experts/experience and being given a platform

sad isn't it

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No you're right there. And today most worryingly of all was at home, an away type performance at home. It looked like he was getting things right at home 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

So every defeat we have a stupid thread like this?? 

Pants taken down by the following giants of the SFL.

Stevie Crawford 

James McPake

John McGlynn

4 'big' games. 3 horsings.  

Just let that sink in for a minute. 

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He never does. 

Managers rarely do tbf. Even Pep gets accused of not adapting his style, Mourinho even more so. 

40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He hasn’t learnt from any defeat this season!! He might have won the odd games after a defeat but come on let’s be honest with our resources he should be winning those games.

He hasn’t learnt that if you give teams 2 and 3 goal starts it makes it harder for you, the only times I’ve seen us press this season is 2nd half v Celtic and Dundee first game of the season.

we need to start games on the front foot and for whatever reason? our players come out that dressing room half asleep!!

33 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

FACT - Neilson has had more time to effect change at the club. With the leagues and L/C not starting until September/October Neilson has had the luxury of picking up players during the interim period from the time of his reappointment. Safe to say that his ratio of signing duds far outweighs the duds hired by Stendel!

FACT - When it comes to the big games Neilson has failed!.....OK, some will quote back the SC semi final...I accept that. However, look at the bread and butter league games.....verses our closest challengers.....FAILURE.....Because these teams drop points elsewhere, and we are currently top of the league should not deflect away from the fact that Neilson doesn't get it right when we get the chance to widen the gap. It's marked down as a failure.
The thing is it feel's like Neilson has never been away!......The club has not taken the opportunity to refresh on the playing side of things. Even our new DoF (Savage) says that he will be directed and guided by Neilson when it comes to new signings

Pretty good sum up

3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Was genuinely excited under Stendel and will wonder, like George Burley, what might of been. If we had got Gordon in and poppadom hands benched I've no doubt we wouldn't have been playing Raith today. 

Reality is though that he is gone, much as I try to get behind Robbie I'm really struggling given how turgid we are. 

My thought exactly 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )