Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It absolutely does damage the club, the sign on waverly station was there for all to see.. hundreds of thousands of tourists, front page of the paper. The only people who found it funny were hibs, Aberdeen rangers and Celtic fans who absolutely lapped it up.

Just like we lapped up Celtic fans rioting the other week.. 

it’s abysmal. It lacks class. It’s not what HMFC are about. 

The bed sheet at Waverly was funny for two reasons. 

A. It made the dafties that did it look like dafties. 

B. It triggered (and continues to trigger) a bunch of sensitive wee souls on internet forums. 

That's a win-win for me, and probably more enjoyable than the actual football for the past five years. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Flaws in my logic. :rofl:Right then. 

I must say, well done for finally working out that I just think it's funny. I thought I'd pretty much spelled that out in my first post but you got there in the end. And you're quite correct, I am some fan. 👍

Now, it'll probably be quite some time before you again manage to be right twice in one post, so I suggest you just kick back for a bit and enjoy the moment. 

It’s about as funny as covid.  Says a lot about a person though.  

1 minute ago, pointon said:

It’s all very well having a go at Robbie Neilson but a good number of those players have to take a long hard look at themselves and question their commitment and professionalism 

Halliday and Naismith could start the ball rolling. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I doubt hundreds of thousands of tourists knew what Phoodle was, or even cared. In fact I bet most don’t even give a shit about football. 

FWIW I hate the Phoodle stuff. It’s incredibly juvenile.

it is incredibly juvenile, counterproductive, and opens the club, and the fans up to getting the pish ripped.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite so ridiculous from the support of any other club.   That is some ****ing claim to fame 😂

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Halliday and Naismith could start the ball rolling. 

Exactly all we here is we are here to get Hearts back to were they belong yet come match day they stroll about without a care in world 

Jambo in Bathgate

Jamie Macdonald had a blinder yesterday. He has always been a good shot stopper. He did the same when he played for Kilmarnock against us. But for him we would have at least drawn. However our defending is shocking. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The bed sheet at Waverly was funny for two reasons. 

A. It made the dafties that did it look like dafties. 

B. It triggered (and continues to trigger) a bunch of sensitive wee souls on internet forums. 

That's a win-win for me, and probably more enjoyable than the actual football for the past five years. 

We hearts humiliated on and off the pitch is about as unfunny as it gets in my eyes. Worse when it’s at the hands of our own support.

Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it is incredibly juvenile, counterproductive, and opens the club, and the fans up to getting the pish ripped.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite so ridiculous from the support of any other club.   That is some ****ing claim to fame 😂

The folk getting publicly wound up by it are pretty much ripping the pish out of themselves tbh.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s about as funny as covid.  Says a lot about a person though.  

Whilst we're on the subject of juvenile... :rolleyes:

Governor Tarkin
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We hearts humiliated on and off the pitch is about as unfunny as it gets in my eyes. Worse when it’s at the hands of our own support.

Plenty of humiliation on the field the past few years right enough. :sadrobbo:

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Plenty of humiliation on the field the past few years right enough. :sadrobbo:

It’s not much but something we can agree on at least. 

13 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They didn't play like that from the start because they can't be arsed and look seriously unmotivated. 

Raith came out sharper and hungrier than we did and we were lucky to be only one down at half time. 

Think there is something really wrong behind the scenes at the club tbh. 

I agree. 5 seasons we've had of this garbage now, which is shocking with the resources we've got. 

Although bringing Neilson back was the wrong choice for me and a big reason why the football is crap just now, our problems are more deep routed. I would like to see us press ahead with the FOH buy out and have a completely fresh start. 

Ernie Eskilsson

Halliday, Naismith, Berra, Frear, Roberts have all been consistently dreadful. Berra in particular seems to unsettle the whole defence. Also, the team is too old and slow, yesterday’s starting 11 had an average age of 30. We badly need some young blood.

9 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Jamie Macdonald had a blinder yesterday. He has always been a good shot stopper. He did the same when he played for Kilmarnock against us. But for him we would have at least drawn. However our defending is shocking. 

If we had him last season we would've won more points. A million miles better than the three eejits we had last season

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Gone said:

If we had him last season we would've won more points. A million miles better than the three eejits we had last season

Thought that myself.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Piss poor game management. 

Yip. More worried about what the opposition does to us than what we could do to them. i would've reluctantly accepted a draw on Tuesday night against Raith as long as we made sure of three points at home yesterday. Now it's a win and nothing less.

53 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There is no way we would have gone through this league undefeated. Teams either park the bus or get a lift from playing Heart of Midlothian. Especially as a lot of our supporters think we should be taking five or six off the other teams every week or we are out for revenge. It doesn’t work that way. This league is going the way that it panned out in 2014/2015 were we found it hard to beat Rangers and Hibs but took majority points off the other teams. I think we only beat those two once and drew or lost on other occasions. However, they both also lost points against the other teams with draws or defeats.  That’s why we won that year. 

We won 3, drew 3 and lost 2 v hibs and rangers that season, so I wouldn't say that is finding them hard to beat. That was a far better side than we have now. We should have kept them together for longer. 

We should be beating teams in this league easily. It is a really poor standard and a big drop  from the Premier league.  Some of those Raith players yesterday would be on a few hundred pound a week, compared to the thousands our guys are on. I felt we would lose the odd game due to not getting the breaks and being just one of those days. However, I didn't expect us to have lost 3 games by now and be well beaten by dunfermline, raith and Dundee. That wasn't parking the bus either - they deserved to win.

Fans continually trying to find excuses for how bad things are is why we are in this predicament. We should be demanding far better. 

Edited by Paulp74

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not much but something we can agree on at least. 

:food-smiley-004:

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yip. More worried about what the opposition does to us than what we could do to them. i would've reluctantly accepted a draw on Tuesday night against Raith as long as we made sure of three points at home yesterday. Now it's a win and nothing less.

Fwiw I think we'll win ugly on Tuesday night. Actually looking forward to it. 👍

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

:food-smiley-004:

Fwiw I think we'll win ugly on Tuesday night. Actually looking forward to it. 👍

I just hope he puts a team on the pitch that actually tries! Their tails will be up which in turn could see us playing deep and hoping wingers can get forward. That said, if they do then they need support in the box or there's little point. Lee wasn't perfect but he contributed more to the game outside the penalty box than anyone else. Yesterday we went back to Naismith and Boyce getting in each others way and they didn't get in the box enough. They were a threat when they did but it was sporadic at least. This needs to stop. Go 4-4-2 with them both upfront and get the midfield further up the pitch. That will ease the pressure on our dodgy defenders. I suspect it'll be tippy-tappy backwards and sidewards stuff but right now i'd take a scrappy 1-0.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Support Robbie and was happy when he was brought in . Having said that I am beginning to doubt whether he can get this bunch motivated. We played great against Celtic with this bunch, so the quality is there IF they choose to get it out.

There has to be something wrong when the same players can produce yet fail to make simple passes in the league. First off I can't understand why he went with that team, why not play your strongest team from KO? They played so much better second half so why was Frear playing ahead of Ginnelly? Why does he insist on playing Halliday, who produces nothing! 

For me Halkett is not good enough and looks like a lumbering carthorse. Surprisingly Popescu had his best game so far even with a head knock, so maybe that's what we need, get him banged on the head just before KO.😀

Not making excuses but Jamie mc Donald played a blinder and you have to ask why was he crap for us? But for his saves we could have saved the day, so why didn't they play like that from the start?

I agree with all your points EXCEPT why you think Jamie Mac was crap for us !!   

Remember he kept getting shoved down the queue for 3 or 4 years by the likes of Kello (excellent goalie) and a few  duffers Romanov shipped over (Kurskis + ?).    CL was quoted back in 2014  when challenged about letting Jamie go by saying  "I think we could do better than him" ... and brought in Scott Gallacher and promoted Jack Hamilton. Meanwhile Jamie went off and did brilliantly at  Killie for 4 years.

Jamie always was and still is an excellent keeper.   Pretty sure if we'd had him last season, we wouldn't be in this league now.  

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I agree with all your points EXCEPT why you think Jamie Mac was crap for us !!   

Remember he kept getting shoved down the queue for 3 or 4 years by the likes of Kello (excellent goalie) and a few  duffers Romanov shipped over (Kurskis + ?).    CL was quoted back in 2014  when challenged about letting Jamie go by saying  "I think we could do better than him" ... and brought in Scott Gallacher and promoted Jack Hamilton. Meanwhile Jamie went off and did brilliantly at  Killie for 4 years.

Jamie always was and still is an excellent keeper.   Pretty sure if we'd had him last season, we wouldn't be in this league now.  

Agree about Jamie but it was Neil Alexander that came in instead of Jamie. Who at the time WAS a better keeper than Jamie.

4 minutes ago, GingaNinja said:

Agree about Jamie but it was Neil Alexander that came in instead of Jamie. Who at the time WAS a better keeper than Jamie.

Ahhh... yes you're right.  👍 Forgot about Alexander - good keeper, probably slightly better than Jamie due to the variety of teams he'd played for.   

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Debate Robbie’s performance all you want.. call for his head Becuase yesterday wasn’t good enough..

anyone use the term phoodle is an absolute dick. Lending credibility to those absolute weapons who started that shit.

all it does is make me forget my rage and back the manager.

You can see that our team are a shambles far to often. Robbie Neilson as a manager does not impress me one little bit. Is it too much to want a manager that has our team playing as a Hearts team should play in the second tier of Scottish Football.   Yesterday was embarrassing and this has happened not only in games we’ve lost. Games we’ve scraped through by the odd goal like Cowdenbeath, Arbroath, East Fife were dire to say the least. 
I like Robbie Neilson as he is a good lad who gets on with everyone but I just don’t think that he is good enough for what Hearts need.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You can see that our team are a shambles far to often. Robbie Neilson as a manager does not impress me one little bit. Is it too much to want a manager that has our team playing as a Hearts team should play in the second tier of Scottish Football.   Yesterday was embarrassing and this has happened not only in games we’ve lost. Games we’ve scraped through by the odd goal like Cowdenbeath, Arbroath, East Fife were dire to say the least. 
I like Robbie Neilson as he is a good lad who gets on with everyone but I just don’t think that he is good enough for what Hearts need.

How can a team that is  top be a shambles? 

complete control
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How can someone be such a bore ?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, complete control said:

How can someone be such a bore ?

Doesn't answer the question. 

You probably answered your own question tho, congratulations on that. 

47 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Did not want neilson back but thought with elbows we would be more aggressive.  Would put JJ and locke in charge to instill some fight and passion

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Conceding 14 goals in our last 6 games is a clear indication we are an utter shambles. We are top because the standard is poor this season. Losing 3 out of 4 games to our nearest challengers is also not a god sign. Shambles sums it up perfectly  

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

Conceding 14 goals in our last 6 games is a clear indication we are an utter shambles. We are top because the standard is poor this season. Losing 3 out of 4 games to our nearest challengers is also not a good sign. Shambles sums it up perfectly  

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Conceding 14 goals in our last 6 games is a clear indication we are an utter shambles. We are top because the standard is poor this season. Losing 3 out of 4 games to our nearest challengers is also not a god sign. Shambles sums it up perfectly  

yep. I don’t think it’s defensible in all honesty. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Shambles - "a state of total disorder". 

How can a team top of the league be a shambles? 

We are top because we have been the best team over the 12 games so far, so how can the best team in the league be a shambles? 

Makes no sense. Just absolute shite as per. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yep. I don’t think it’s defensible in all honesty. 

Not a shambles tho, a team top cannot be a shambles. 

Just usual suspects trying to be a drama. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We are top because we have been the best team over the 12 games so far, so how can the best team in the league be a shambles? 

After your expert analysis and mocking others as we tumbled down the league I find it incredible you don’t have the awareness to see how much shite you talk. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

After your expert analysis and mocking others as we tumbled down the league I find it incredible you don’t have the awareness to see how much shite you talk. 

As per, another outstanding contribution to the thread from you. 

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What do you call conceding 14 goals in 6 games and losing 3 games out of 4 to our nearest challengers. I call it a state of total disorder

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Form is temporary 🤷‍♂️ 

Struggling to beat the 'big teams' of the Championship is a worry and there is a bit of a pattern emerging with Neilson.

We're lacking some youthful fight and hunger. Moore being left out in the cold still puzzles me. Is it because it was Stendel who saw something in him and started playing him? He did well after Stendel helped him, and the Rangers performance was brilliant.

But of course all this is just fantasy talk because Neilson isn't going anywhere and I wouldn't advocate sacking the manager right now anyway. But he has to get us promoted at first time of asking, and he is making a more difficult task of it than last time when Rangers and Hibs were in it.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not hearing any speculation on CBs :( Could be the mistake that nails him

He'd play Berra even if he ended up with no legs. Right now he's barely got one leg and he's getting a game including back to being captain when Naismith isn't on the park.

Night and day difference to Stendel's treatment of Berra. Can tell which sees the player as a friend, Hearts cup winning teammate etc, and which saw him as the centre back no longer able to play at that level and was a weakness in the team.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, kila said:

Form is temporary 🤷‍♂️ 

Struggling to beat the 'big teams' of the Championship is a worry and there is a bit of a pattern emerging with Neilson.

We're lacking some youthful fight and hunger. Moore being left out in the cold still puzzles me. Is it because it was Stendel who saw something in him and started playing him? He did well after Stendel helped him, and the Rangers performance was brilliant.

But of course all this is just fantasy talk because Neilson isn't going anywhere and I wouldn't advocate sacking the manager right now anyway. But he has to get us promoted at first time of asking, and he is making a more difficult task of it than last time when Rangers and Hibs were in it.

Fair enough points Tbh. 

We can review the big games at the end of the season. 

We done well v hibs and celtic as well so far. 

Don't agree, age is irrelevant, if there are  youngsters around that are good enough, they will play. 

The striker we are after is around 22 iirc. 

Moore was OK, but nothing better than average, he's hardly a game or season changer. 

Time will tell if he's making it a more difficult task, but it's not his squad yet, Last time it was 100% his squad. 

It could be argued it is harder than last time, a lot of last seasons squad that was bottom still there and a covid transfer window. Be argued both ways tho. 

We are top , the next few games will determine if it's comfortably top or just top. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not hearing any speculation on CBs :( Could be the mistake that nails him

Probably because the quality we'd want is not available. 

We think our centre halves are shite but all 3 would be 1st team regulars at the other teams around us. 

Berra was at Dundee just last season and Popescu was wanted by St Mirren 

No point in signing more shite? 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's once again  clogging up this board with his inane ramblings,looking for bites. His continual inability to see a downward spiral in performances just doesn't register. To quote him last year: (early doors in the season) "nothing to see here" when all and sundry could see the demise of the football on offer. Bit of a visionary (not) me thinks.😆

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Correct. He is biggest slaverer on here

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We can review the big games at the end of the season. 

We done well v hibs and celtic as well. 

Don't agree, age is irrelevant, if there are  youngsters aroubd that are good enough, they will play. 

The striker we are after is around 22 iirc. 

Moore was OK, but nothing better than average, he's hardly a game or season changer. 

Time will tell if he's making it a more difficult task, but it's not his squad yet, Last tine it was 100% his squad. 

It could be argued it is harder than last time, a lot of last seasons squad that was bottom still there and a covid transfer window. 

We are top tho, the next few games will determine if it's comfortably top or just top. 

And on the topic of Moore, it was clearly Budge who gave him a new 2 year deal just prior to Neilson arriving. So what was that all about?

But for the love of god, don't take us down the 'not his squad' road. It's clearly pish.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kila said:

And on the topic of Moore, it was clearly Budge who gave him a new 2 year deal just prior to Neilson arriving. So what was that all about?

But for the love of god, don't take us down the 'not his squad' road. It's clearly pish.

Yeah. Strange. 

Compared to the overhaul last time he was allowed, you compared his last stint with this one. Clearly last time it was a total rebuild. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Remind yourself what league we’re in pal 

with the budget we have. 
we’re the third biggest club in Scotland with 5 players playing week in week out who wouldn’t get a game for Livingston or Motherwell 

that’s a shambles !!!! 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

He's once again  clogging up this board with his inane ramblings,looking for bites. His continual inability to see a downward spiral in performances just doesn't register. To quote him last year: (early doors in the season) "nothing to see here" when all and sundry could see the demise of the football on offer. Bit of a visionary (not) me thinks.😆

WTF you on about? 

For the visionarys I'll bring you the folk that wanted Robbie gone first time and celebrated cathro and those who wanted CL gone and shouted things couldn't get worse! 

👏👏

quockerwodgerjambo

Lockdown football is turning into a microscopic adventure, every single thing is being looked into. I would normally go watch a game, rarely watch highlights. This place is crazy.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Barney bulge said:

Remind yourself what league we’re in pal 

with the budget we have. 
we’re the third biggest club in Scotland with 5 players playing week in week out who wouldn’t get a game for Livingston or Motherwell 

that’s a shambles !!!! 

It's all relative, we're top of the division we are in, Robbie can't get higher than he is.... 

In regards to Robbie Not a shambles. It can't be. 

How far we going back? 

We can't go back in time, Robbie has only been charge this season, being top of the division means this current team isn't a shambles, its Litterally the best team in the league so far. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah. Strange. 

Compared to the overhaul last time he was allowed, you compared his last stint with this one. Clearly last time it was a total rebuild. 

This is the route Levein took us down with the squad needing rebuilt constantly. It didn't work other than line agents' pockets...

There is plenty strength in the current squad, it's just the style isn't paying dividends. I don't think it'll matter how many squad rebuilds Neilson could get as ultimately he's got too many similar traits to Levein.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Spot on. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )