Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

12 minutes ago, heartened said:

This.

Robbie was great during our last spell in championship. Good attacking football but completely changed that during the summer dismantling the team and introduced the boring predictable possession orientated style we have suffered since (Stendel games aside). Was happy when he left.

Things maybe didn't work out enough for Stendel on the park but I'm sure he would have kept us up if the season had been played out. If nothing else at least I was entertained when  the result went against us. We wouldn't be witnessing this dross if he was still here.  He was treated dreadfully by the club.

I didn't want Robbie back and wouldn't have renewed my season ticket if my pal hadn't done so before let him know my thoughts. I won't next season if he's still here irrespective of what league we are in. I will have some wet painted walls to watch.

This Stendel revisionism is getting boring. It’s like if people say it often enough it becomes true. If you were entertained during Stendel’s games against St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Motherwell and St Mirren it suggests you are very, very, very easily entertained or you’re a masochist. We were bloody, eye-bleedingly awful in each and every one.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

There is nothing to suggest we will ever see successful top flight football for a long as Ann Budge is in charge. There are far too many people employed who have little or nothing to do with making the football better. 

Yip. She needs to let go of her ego.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Everyone keeps saying that just like they kept saying “we won’t go down”. 

I

Been hearing the green shoots pish for years mate telling us we were pant wetters when getting embarrassed by fishermen before getting gubbed by Dumfy.

The continual delusion from some quarters over the years is frankly mind boggling

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

This Stendel revisionism is getting boring. It’s like if people say it often enough it becomes true. If you were entertained during Stendel’s games against St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Motherwell and St Mirren it suggests you are very, very, very easily entertained or you’re a masochist. We were bloody, eye-bleedingly awful in each and every one.

This is the thing though - if you’re Levein or Neilson, you can be shit as feck and it’s all good with Budge. But if you’re Stendel, you get about four weeks before Budge gives  up on you and starts looking for one of her old mates again.

Budge is like a virus. Killing the club day by day.

I am not happy with that display today but its all about getting out this league there are some stuffy teams in this league and they are all beating each other, so in my opinion Robbie should be challenged if we dinnie get promotion or sign sh"t players next season.

26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As pissed off as I am it really is going to take years to sort Leveins mess 🤣

Actually criminal what has happened to Hearts

Stendel tried to sort Leveins mess, Budge shat herself. Neilson keeping Leveins work going.

Edited by Gambo

8 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Budge has made mistake after mistake in appointing our management team, she cannot get it right

That's a drum I and others have been beating as nauseum. We're not a football club with her in charge that's a secondary concern at best

2 minutes ago, S Form said:

And we have been fantastic this season then?

I guess that if it wasn't for the woodwork, referee and unfortunately falling three goals behind you feel we might have drawn today.

If you're thinking we have progressed in any way since Stendel then you are sadly deluded. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

State of this. Neilson will get us promoted no bother at all and have us back challenging in 3rd first season back.

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think the lack of a serious challenge helps this team in truth. 

Let's be honest this season is devoid of anything other than a job.

It's a shame that the players are not turning up but I genuinely don't fear for promotion. 

Centre backs and centre midfield are problematic. 

2 minutes ago, heartened said:

I guess that if it wasn't for the woodwork, referee and unfortunately falling three goals behind you feel we might have drawn today.

If you're thinking we have progressed in any way since Stendel then you are sadly deluded. 

we regressed under Stendel.  Don't forget that either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stendel tried to sort Leveins mess, Budge shat herself. Neilson keeping Leveins work going.

Didn't ****ing try hard enough then did he:rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo

It's clearly escaped the attention of some that there are mental results in every league during COVID. The best teams in the world are getting beat all over the shop. Every game seems up for grabs without home advantage.

Neilson is building a team and will now look to shore up the defence. Frear has had his last chance as well and we certainly do need something fresh in attack. If he doesn't at least try to address those things then maybe there's a case for saying he's not up to the job. But come on he's paid to get us promoted not to win every game. That's an unrealistic expectation.

That was actually a good game anyhow. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team on the day won, even with Jamie Mac playing out of his skin (again).

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

State of this. Neilson will get us promoted no bother at all and have us back challenging in 3rd first season back.

I'm away for a drink myself...

5 minutes ago, Gards said:

we regressed under Stendel.  Don't forget that either.

Did we? 

Or were there green shoots starting to show in his attempts to rectify the shitshow he inherited.

I suppose we're all entitled to our opinions but for me Neilson was never the answer.

8 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

That's a drum I and others have been beating as nauseum. We're not a football club with her in charge that's a secondary concern at best

Absolutely, it’s so depressing, she doesn’t get it. If she ensured things were right with the first team, she could do what she wanted with her pet projects, but she just doesn’t give a shit. Just wants her cosy relationship with Robbie, just like with Levein previously, and to hell with the team. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh ma sides!.......Have you taken your medication today?

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is the thing though - if you’re Levein or Neilson, you can be shit as feck and it’s all good with Budge. But if you’re Stendel, you get about four weeks before Budge gives  up on you and starts looking for one of her old mates again.

Budge is like a virus. Killing the club day by day.

That’s beside the point. For some reason people keep saying Stendel had us playing forward going, attractive football. And that’s just not true. In most of his games we were garbage.

Just now, heartened said:

Did we? 

Or were there green shoots starting to show in his attempts to rectify the shitshow he inherited.

I suppose we're all entitled to our opinions but for me Neilson was never the answer.

yeh we did.  I was at the games and we were shithouse.  there was no green shoots.  there was confusion.  there was poor loan signings.  there was a defence who leaked goals like a sieve.  

i think neilson will get us to premier league which is his primary goal.  beyond that, who knows.

but i don't buy into the Stendel was the answer.  Sorry not for me,

best in the land
15 minutes ago, S Form said:

All of those teams are better than Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith. 

Neilson also put in in a better position than Stendal. 

Stendal at least trying to change things that weren't working. 

I'd have far rather seen what he could do with a full pre season than bring Neilson back to continue where levein left off. 

Eye bleeding football in a poor league with Neilson 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ronnie Deila won the premiership with Celtic. Enough said.

14 minutes ago, heartened said:

Did I say we’d been fantastic this season? The truth is in most of Stendel’s games we were woeful, yet people keep saying he had us playing good football-it’s nuts.

Stendel joined in December, we were ninth, he had four months to improve our position, plenty of time to push us up a minimum of two positions in the table, when the season was called in March, we were tenth, we regressed under Stendel

The league table doesn’t lie, Stendel was a failure, end of.

Walter Bishop
10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This is the nail on the head. Stendel took the players, management, owner and a portion of our delusional fanbase out of their comfort zones. It will take Ann Budge to leave for the culture to change, as much as she has done for the club which we will all be eternally grateful, she is the problem. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's clearly escaped the attention of some that there are mental results in every league during COVID. The best teams in the world are getting beat all over the shop. Every game seems up for grabs without home advantage.

Neilson is building a team and will now look to shore up the defence. Frear has had his last chance as well and we certainly do need something fresh in attack. If he doesn't at least try to address those things then maybe there's a case for saying he's not up to the job. But come on he's paid to get us promoted not to win every game. That's an unrealistic expectation.

That was actually a good game anyhow. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team on the day won, even with Jamie Mac playing out of his skin (again).

Is Covid to blame for Neilson's awful team selections ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, S Form said:

That’s beside the point. For some reason people keep saying Stendel had us playing forward going, attractive football. And that’s just not true. In most of his games we were garbage.

Yes but given time I think he had the right ideas.

Naturally he wasn’t going to get the time because Ann likes money to go to the right people, like her brother.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This wasn't A freak result. It's the third time this season we've been outplayed & outfought  by the nearest challengers. It comes on the back of some pathetic LC games. 

This has nothing to do with rebuilding and everything to do with an unmotivated bunch who are simply not trying hard enough for the entire game. 

Nobody's suggesting it wasn't a good game or that the better team didn't win : that's not what's driving everybody nuts. 

Yet again we can see there's major issues with this squad and the lack of effort/motivation is obvious.  The evidence is that Hearts can't put out a team that can at least be competitive for 90 mins against Dundee/Pars/Raith and that  is the issue here. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Naturally he wasn’t going to get the time because Ann likes money to go to the right people, like her brother.

Bringing in Budge and her brother is deflection.  Everyone was raving about her appointment of Stendel and we were all optimistic. 

But he regressed us to the position where we were demoted because we were bottom.  We were pish and equally as pish as we were that same season under Levein.

Has he picked up another job since?

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s easy to have the right ideas, the difficult thing is delivering on them. Stendel was a nice guy but he had us playing shite.

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Bringing in Budge and her brother is deflection.  Everyone was raving about her appointment of Stendel and we were all optimistic. 

But he regressed us to the position where we were demoted because we were bottom.  We were pish and equally as pish as we were that same season under Levein.

I thought we were ejected rather than relegated.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Gards said:

No he hasn’t but he was dropped into a broken season with a wank squad. Did you expect that much short term?

Out of interest, if Stendel had to go after a couple of months of being poor, are you in favour of Budge leaving, given that she’s been a shit chairman for years now?

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did you not also tell us tha levein would bring us success?  

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He has certainly been found out against our main rivals - Dunfermline, Dundee and now Raith! He has to reverse that trend in the next two games or we are right back in a battle!

Agree

We've been shite for years.

We were shite under Cathro.

We were shite under Levein.

We were shite under McPhee.

We were shite under Stendel.

See the pattern here? Sack Neilson all you want, but we'd most likely still be shite under whoever replaces him.

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

We've been shite for years.

We were shite under Cathro.

We were shite under Levein.

We were shite under McPhee.

We were shite under Stendel.

See the pattern here? Sack Neilson all you want, but we'd most likely still be shite under whoever replaces him.

Wonderful post. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think the lack of a serious challenge helps this team in truth. 

Let's be honest this season is devoid of anything other than a job.

It's a shame that the players are not turning up but I genuinely don't fear for promotion. 

Centre backs and centre midfield are problematic. 

If we did have a serious challenge we wouldn’t win it. We always seem to come off second best in the big games when it matters. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )