Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, Tazio said:

They’re shite, no argument from me here. But Stendel was the classic case of a manager coming in and underestimating the league and thinking crap players from foreign leagues would be good enough. I’m not defending Neilson I’m saying there’s no proof Stendel was the answer. 

I’m not wanting to divert away from the main debate and I don’t really linger on the past. But putting Stendel’s shortcomings aside, it was clear he had Hearts playing at real tempo, improved individuals and had us playing some decent football. 

Bearing on mind where we’d came from and the dire shite before him.

Anyway, it’s all in the past.  

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

They’re shite, no argument from me here. But Stendel was the classic case of a manager coming in and underestimating the league and thinking crap players from foreign leagues would be good enough. I’m not defending Neilson I’m saying there’s no proof Stendel was the answer. 

I think he would have been. He got some stuff wrong but I think he'd had learned and with this season under his belt I'd have been quite excited at the prospect of next season. For better or worse, he at least seemed able to elicit a response from some players. The ones who didn't, I'm sure in time he'd had replaced. Nelson, like levein before him, hasn't made anyone better, in fact, the pair of them tend to make players worse. Even in his first stint players came in, looked good and then petered out before joining the conveyor belt. Stendel had some of the team really playing for him. 

We'll get out of this shit league that's not the issue any manager incapable of that needs taking out and shot.

The shape we'll be in next season is my worry and my faith in Neilson is about the same as my faith in those running the club.

Hope I'm proved wrong but I haven't been so far the past few years. I expect little now and even then we underachieve

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I think he would have been. He got some stuff wrong but I think he'd had learned and with this season under his belt I'd have been quite excited at the prospect of next season. For better or worse, he at least seemed able to elicit a response from some players. The ones who didn't, I'm sure in time he'd had replaced. Nelson, like levein before him, hasn't made anyone better, in fact, the pair of them tend to make players worse. Even in his first stint players came in, looked good and then petered out before joining the conveyor belt. Stendel had some of the team really playing for him. 

Thankyou 👏

Is he away yet?

More chance of Levein coming back tbh..

Football is as bad as the eye bleeding pash we were served under Harry Potter, FFS how many more years must we be served this BS?

14 minutes ago, flem said:

Its far from sensible. Happy clappers that just sit back and accept this sort of pish are exactly why we are where we are. 

Correct. There are fanatics and there are blind fanatics. The latter we could do without.

1 minute ago, NLTFTh said:

Is he away yet?

More chance of Levein coming back tbh..

Football is as bad as the eye bleeding pash we were served under Harry Potter, FFS how many more years must we be served this BS?

Tis the Hearts way these days incompetent shite is the norm top to bottom

lost in space

Its our tactics that are AWFUL!!!

It is NOT the refs.

It is not even the players.

Our FBs were not allowed to go forward in the first half - with 2 wingers and only Boyce in the middle.

Players seem scared to change from a rigid formation.

We dont get players from midfield into the box.

Our players do not look as though they are comfortable or confident to push forward.

Neilson = Levein.

William H. Bonney

Enough is enough. Even if he wins the league we’ll suffer mediocrity under him in the premiership. His style of football is terrible to watch. 

After everything that went on at the end of last season with us being shafted has had the opposite effect to what I expected. In fact it's the opposition players who seem to be wanting to stick it up us instead of us going out there and smashing everyone in our way. Of course it's not as simple as that but our approach and attitude towards games is shambolic and an insult to the fans.

I would not lose any sleep if I never seen any of these players wear maroon again.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Its our tactics that are AWFUL!!!

It is NOT the refs.

It is not even the players.

Our FBs were not allowed to go forward in the first half - with 2 wingers and only Boyce in the middle.

Players seem scared to change from a rigid formation.

We dont get players from midfield into the box.

Our players do not look as though they are comfortable or confident to push forward.

Neilson = Levein.

Nelson= SHITBAG. 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think he would have been. He got some stuff wrong 

He kept playing Periera - I'll never forgive Stendel for that. That useless excuse for a keeper cost us enough points by himself for us to have stayed up otherwise.

You would think Levein was still managing, I can't tell the difference tbh, the eye bleeding football is still here, something seriously wrong at our club🤬🤬🤬🤬

No leadership on or off the park

The players dont seem to know what they should be doing, especially every first half of games

Imagine what our away performances will be like at Hamilton and St Mirren if he does get us back up.

I get the feeling the experienced player we have do not respect him

We are boring, slow and unorganised.

And he’s not praying!
41 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

says this

then twenty minutes later this:

Someone needs to eat more red meat as they've got a serious irony deficiency!

Bongo has free reign on here to abuse whoever he wants to.

The moderators are a ****in joke.

Others get thread banned/suspended for less.

Not Bongo tho. 

WoolfordsHearts
17 minutes ago, flem said:

Its far from sensible. Happy clappers that just sit back and accept this sort of pish are exactly why we are where we are. 

The happy clapper chat is pish,I'll take that from your post flem.

I said it on the main match thread but that's 1 win and 3 defeats in the 4 matches against Dundee, Raith and Dunfermline this season - our main challengers in the league. 

We are very very lucky that all 3 have been dropping points in other games or this could be a very different situation that we find ourselves in. If this form in big matches continues over the next 2 games then this will become a very serious situation. 

Absolutely no point in fighting back for a glorious defeat against Celtic (quite frankly we shat the bed first half in that game) if we can't do it in the games that matter in this league. 

It was good of Budge to fight in the courts last summer but what we really need is a similar level of determination on the football pitch. Our relegation was extremely unfair last season but truth be told we'd have probably gone down anyway. 

There is something rotten at our club - similar to how Aberdeen were for the best part of two decades after the mid 90's. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

After everything that went on at the end of last season with us being shafted has had the opposite effect to what I expected. In fact it's the opposition players who seem to be wanting to stick it up us instead of us going out there and smashing everyone in our way. Of course it's not as simple as that but our approach and attitude towards games is shambolic and an insult to the fans.

I would not lose any sleep if I never seen any of these players wear maroon again.

I agree with your first para but dont agree the last sentence. All of the players cant individually play as badly as that unless there is a reason.

The reason is - they do not fit the tactics and they do not look happy with what they have been asked to do.

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Snake Rovers have trained ONCE in a fecking fortnight. 

exactly.  The players should be embarrassed and Nielson should be damn well ashamed. First hour 0-3 down playing like pussys at a Sunday school picnic.  He gets sent off after yet more ref abuse. Deflect and sweep. 

He can just do one.  Get shot of him , as he clearly can’t motivate a squad (after all the summers shenanigans as well !!). Has a luxury squad for that shit level and managed to make an arse of it again. Like the games at Dens and East End. Now worryingly this is at home.

Just go, and for gods sake Ann Budge should be nowhere near a selection process

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

With his inspired signings like Langer and the invisible lad we signed from Turkey. 

Agree with this. Also I wouldn’t of minded us sticking with Daniel but Daniel never wanted to stick with us ? . 

was it not DS who got the termination clause in contract incase we went down ?  His signings were also a waste of space . Langer hasn’t played football since leaving Hearts . 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I agree entirely. The position we are in when DS came in was horrendous. I don't think everybody fully appreciates that. As you say he made some mistakes but not as many as CL and now RN. It was a big big mistake letting him go.

Just now, rmreido said:

You would think Levein was still managing, I can't tell the difference tbh, the eye bleeding football is still here, something seriously wrong at our club🤬🤬🤬🤬

Only hope for me is that Savage has the authority as Sporting Director to clean house in the summer, coaching right through from first team to the academy, scouting, medical. Whole lot needs serious improvement before we will get anywhere near challenging at the top end of the premiership.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Was genuinely excited under Stendel and will wonder, like George Burley, what might of been. If we had got Gordon in and poppadom hands benched I've no doubt we wouldn't have been playing Raith today. 

Reality is though that he is gone, much as I try to get behind Robbie I'm really struggling given how turgid we are. 

Official arseholes thread more likes. We’ve been mostly pish for years yet 12 league games in some fud resurrects this thread. Shameful. Needs time to rebuild then judge. 

Haringshairband

Didn't even want him back, yet here we are again with the same shite football. As much as it seems Bongo wants to fellate Stendel, he has a point.

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Agree with this. Also I wouldn’t of minded us sticking with Daniel but Daniel never wanted to stick with us ? . 

was it not DS who got the termination clause in contract incase we went down ?  His signings were also a waste of space . Langer hasn’t played football since leaving Hearts . 

aye and let’s not forget DS played poppadom hands far too much as well. A fact lost on his supporters

Салатные палочки
25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Why the h? Genuine question....

Something to do with the Hibs Scottish Cup. Because he "let them win", he's obviously a Catholic sympathiser, which in turn makes him a Celtic fan, which is why they added the 'h'. 

Nae pace, persistent side ways passing when urgency needed, general lack of basic skills. Professional "FULL TIME" players uninterested.

Disnae matter who we sign or place on longer contracts Neilson will take the football out of them.

Deja Vu from the last time he managed us in the Premiership.....boring, boring, boring.

Entertainment marks = 0
Dull uninspired leadership and tactics = 10

Neilson - OOT!

I have never had a go a AB...I tend not to over react like a lot do on here and in 'real life' too.  

However there comes a point where serious questions have to be asked, and Miss B is the comment factor in how spineless we have been for years. It's hers totally and she calls the shots. RN won't walk, she won't learn from previous obvious mistakes. I hate to say it, but until she goes, this ain't gonna improve. She needs to go. In the midst of a pandemic not ideal but we need to get the club away from her, and get a mindset and mentality back deserving of what we all know is our club. 

Even if we didn't say it, the doco gave a wee snipet of the mentality of the club behind the scenes are we are as soft as it comes. That filters through from top to bottom.

It's soul destroying being a Jambo, it really is... 😕

18 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Don’t forget he also bought Sammon first time around 

For that alone, he should never have been brought back.

Totally uninspiring and tactically inept into the bargain.

Binning Stendel and paying money for Neilson also perfectly sums up how useless Budge is

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I agree with your first para but dont agree the last sentence. All of the players cant individually play as badly as that unless there is a reason.

The reason is - they do not fit the tactics and they do not look happy with what they have been asked to do.

The last sentence is a bit knee-jerk because I'm raging at what this Hearts side has been dishing up lately. It's nowhere near acceptable I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

aye and let’s not forget DS played poppadom hands far too much as well. A fact lost on his supporters

I’d like to see who fans think could come in and do a better job a realistic suggestion ?. We have no money to get a better manager in and the ones out a job currently are not good enough . No matter who we have in charge we will have the same negative posts and threads on wanting them out . 

6 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

He kept playing Periera - I'll never forgive Stendel for that. That useless excuse for a keeper cost us enough points by himself for us to have stayed up otherwise.

Genuinely think there was more to that than meets the eye - think it may well have been the case that if he hadn't played we'd have to cover his wages. That said completely agree with you that he was the difference that cost us, an absolute impostor.

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I have never had a go a AB...I tend not to over react like a lot do on here and in 'real life' too.  

However there comes a point where serious questions have to be asked, and Miss B is the comment factor in how spineless we have been for years. It's hers totally and she calls the shots. RN won't walk, she won't learn from previous obvious mistakes. I hate to say it, but until she goes, this ain't gonna improve. She needs to go. In the midst of a pandemic not ideal but we need to get the club away from her, and get a mindset and mentality back deserving of what we all know is our club. 

Even if we didn't say it, the doco gave a wee snipet of the mentality of the club behind the scenes are we are as soft as it comes. That filters through from top to bottom.

It's soul destroying being a Jambo, it really is... 😕

Totally agree. 

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, Jason Dufner said:

For that alone, he should never have been brought back.

Totally uninspiring and tactically inept into the bargain.

Binning Stendel and paying money for Neilson also perfectly sums up how useless Budge is

Kevin Kyle said on open goal that Sammon is the worst player he’s ever played with.

Cathro, Levein , Stendel, Neilson . All four are pathetic managers and the recruitment on a whole has been laughable . We as fans deserve much better . We have been an embarrassment for far too long . Budge has to go and take Neilson with you . Soft as shite right through the club 

Jean Louis Valois

It's a strange one, any players who have been interviewed this season can't speak highly enough of Neilson and what he's brought to the club. But the performances have been pretty bad all season. Theirs no way their will be a change of management when we are top of the league. The rest of the season won't be pretty but lets just get promoted and then see what next season brings, then he can be judged.

Can't say I'm overly chuffed with Robbie incharge but if he wins the league, he will be incharge next season. Totally understand why folk want rid but let's be realistic, it isn't going to happen. 

He's got a two year deal, i hope the club do not extend, which will make it easier to bin him next season if he fails to meet minimum expectations. 

4 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Cathro, Levein , Stendel, Neilson . All four are pathetic managers and the recruitment on a whole has been laughable . We as fans deserve much better . We have been an embarrassment for far too long . Budge has to go and take Neilson with you . Soft as shite right through the club 

Very well put. 

23 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Snake Rovers have trained ONCE in a fecking fortnight. 

With our set up and facilities and supposed “ gulf” in quality  

today’s result is one of the worst league  results in many a year  when you put it into context. 

Utter disgrace. 

We’ll win the league but it’s not enough  

For Heart of Midlothian to lose vs Alloa, Raith, Dunfermline & Dundee in one season so far is unacceptable 

Far too soft as a club , have been under Budge reign. 

Not sure what direction the club are going at the minute, the fans deserve more than pile of piss 

Edited by Scott980612

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I said it on the main match thread but that's 1 win and 3 defeats in the 4 matches against Dundee, Raith and Dunfermline this season - our main challengers in the league. 

We are very very lucky that all 3 have been dropping points in other games or this could be a very different situation that we find ourselves in. If this form in big matches continues over the next 2 games then this will become a very serious situation. 

Absolutely no point in fighting back for a glorious defeat against Celtic (quite frankly we shat the bed first half in that game) if we can't do it in the games that matter in this league. 

It was good of Budge to fight in the courts last summer but what we really need is a similar level of determination on the football pitch. Our relegation was extremely unfair last season but truth be told we'd have probably gone down anyway. 

There is something rotten at our club - similar to how Aberdeen were for the best part of two decades after the mid 90's. 

:spoton:

Standards just slipping more and more all the time. We should be finishing above most teams in the Premiership but now we're struggling against teams in the Championship and out the League Cup to a part time outfit.

People just accepting it and shrugging it off as "we can't win every game". No doubt they'd feel the same if we were in League 1 or League 2.

It's woeful.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Official arseholes thread more likes. We’ve been mostly pish for years yet 12 league games in some fud resurrects this thread. Shameful. Needs time to rebuild then judge. 

:bwcornette:

SectionDJambo

Robbie looks like he’s learned nothing over his years as a head coach.

He doesn’t seem to be able to motivate this Hearts team into getting wired in from the start.

Hearts are a club who were the subject of a terrible wrong, all for the benefit of clubs like Raith Rovers, Dundee and Dunfermline. Yet these players and head coach cannot motivate themselves sufficiently to make these clubs regret what they did to us. They care not a jot for the feelings of the fans who have done so much for Hearts over the last 8 years.

Hearts must be the softest club in the entire SPFL, from top to bottom. All the other clubs know that if they send their teams out to get into the faces of our team, the chances are that they will get a positive result.

Hearts, as a club, are currently spineless from top to bottom. When the young boys were thrown into the fight during administration, for all the bad results, nobody could say that they didn’t give everything for Hearts. This lot think they’re doing us a favour being here. If Robbie Neilson can’t change that, he should go.

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

This. Its all a bit too cosy at Tynecastle these days. Neilson was most definitely a job for one of the boys. 

It's telling that the Dundee United fans didn't give a shiny shite that he left them for us. As much as I wanted to get it up them, they just didn't care. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Craig Neilson could sign Messi and Ronaldo and we'd still be shit. 

We would never know if they were any good as they would never be alowed to go forward.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )