Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Keep going on about "that" season like it absolves any subsequent seasons. In effect now gives him carte blanche to screw up.

All because of that season!

And him taking us to Europe first season back in premiership.  Then getting us to second spot before he left us.

Then getting Dundee Utd promoted when previous managers failed to do so.

Yes it's all just because of 'that season'.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Dundee Utd fans were delighted he departed. Championship was 5 year ago, this is now.

this is true but they were completely different as stuck in the championship for years. Felt it more sour grapes from them tbh

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What do you think ? 

With this "board" ? I'd say, no chance. 

I don't think he is challenged on anything by anyone at the club (maybe a few players for mid game). Cosy wee number for him.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Today was undeniably poor - not for the first time this season. No need to panic yet, we'll win the division. 

That said, the outfield defensive spine of the team - central defence and central midfield - isn't nearly good enough. Robbie brought Berra and Lee back into the fold when the previous manager had seen through them. He signed Halliday and Popescu. He has no idea how to get the best out of Naismith.

I think we have the wrong manager. I'm not saying Stendel was right (on balance, I'd have stuck with him, but can understand why others weren't unhappy when he was let go), but it's always risky going back as we seen with Levein. Robbie's lucky there are no fans in the ground, so he'll not get any immediate stick from the stands.

Robbie has taken us backwards, but he'll get us promoted, and therefore the board will see that as a success and give him a crack in the top division next season. That's not going to go well on current evidence.

I think a lot of our squad are lucky there’s no fans, I doubt if many of them could handle the abuse they would receive during and after performances like that today. 

1 minute ago, Gards said:

And him taking us to Europe first season back in premiership.  Then getting us to second spot before he left us.

Getting pumped out of Europe by waiters is not something to shout about.

You happily missed out MK Don's achievements.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Gards said:

He did when we won the Championship when he was first with us....and did it with Dundee Utd

He was awarded the title with them, they were as you and down as we are and their fans literally celebrated when he left. What kind of a manager would come back into this tinpot league? He knew his time was up with us last time, he knew it was up with United. 

Just now, Gambo said:

Getting pumped out of Europe by waiters is not something to shout about.

You happily missed out MK Don's achievements.

Not sure how you can say I 'happily' missed out MK Dons when I didn't mention them at all.  Sounds like a bit of bias creeping in there.  Thought better of you.

I am clear.  I think Robbie was brought in to do a job - get us back to premiership.  He has proven track record of doing that.

When we get there.  Not sure yet.   But let's not forget how much the players should be taking responsibility for this too....all too easy to blame the manager (espeically when some have an agenda) but about 50% of that team is prmiership quality and they are not performing....they need to step up.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

this is true but they were completely different as stuck in the championship for years. Felt it more sour grapes from them tbh

they aren’t much better now are they.. 

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

Your memory must be failing you.......Second spot??????

Must have been my imagination all that dissent from the stands that season in the Premiership......A manager taking Hearts to the dizzy heights of 2nd place would have been seen a great loss to the club. It would have put him on a par with Burley who had us top at the time of his departure.
I didn't see any of that.

Neilson has always, and will divide opinion because - people do not like his style of management, his football vision.
Too many fall back on the argument of "that championship" season.
The laddies that went down with a 15 point penalty under Locke were the one's who got us back up in a canter. I'm confident that if Locke had stayed (rightly) in charge he would have done the same.

Too many dine out out on that season......It's now that matters. There's no Levein now to deflect the blame. 

6 minutes ago, Gards said:

Not sure how you can say I 'happily' missed out MK Dons when I didn't mention them at all.  Sounds like a bit of bias creeping in there.  Thought better of you.

I am clear.  I think Robbie was brought in to do a job - get us back to premiership.  He has proven track record of doing that.

When we get there.  Not sure yet.   But let's not forget how much the players should be taking responsibility for this too....all too easy to blame the manager (espeically when some have an agenda) but about 50% of that team is prmiership quality and they are not performing....they need to step up.

Why did you not mention MK Don's?

Why did you not mention MK Don's?

Because it doesn't relate to Scottish football.  Why did you say I 'happily' ommitted it?

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Because it doesn't relate to Scottish football.  Why did you say I 'happily' ommitted it?

Because you did.

Why is 50% of the team not performing?

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Your memory must be failing you.......Second spot??????

Must have been my imagination all that dissent from the stands that season in the Premiership......A manager taking Hearts to the dizzy heights of 2nd place would have been seen a great loss to the club. It would have put him on a par with Burley who had us top at the time of his departure.
I didn't see any of that.

Neilson has always, and will divide opinion because - people do not like his style of management, his football vision.
Too many fall back on the argument of "that championship" season.
The laddies that went down with a 15 point penalty under Locke were the one's who got us back up in a canter. I'm confident that if Locke had stayed (rightly) in charge he would have done the same.

Too many dine out out on that season......It's now that matters. There's no Levein now to deflect the blame. 

Sorry - when he left Hearts first time around, where we not second?  Please correct me if that was not the case.

Just now, Gambo said:

Because you did.

Why is 50% of the team not performing?

Sorry, can you go back to my comments where you can insuate the 'happy' aspect of my posts.  Please don't put words or emotions my way without nothing to back it up.

Sorry - when he left Hearts first time around, where we not second?  Please correct me if that was not the case.

I thought 3rd having played more games than the rest, However, I'll no nit pick with you. Especially as you're grasping at straws!

Probably would have been a bit more insightful if you had addressed some of the other more meaningful points I made.

Neilson's second spell here is not impressive, Agreed, he probably get's the job done over the course of the season. However, signs are not great that he'll be the one to challenge at the top next season.

Just now, Hashimoto said:

I thought 3rd having played more games than the rest, However, I'll no nit pick with you. Especially as you're grasping at straws!

Probably would have been a bit more insightful if you had addressed some of the other more meaningful points I made.

Neilson's second spell here is not impressive, Agreed, he probably get's the job done over the course of the season. However, signs are not great that he'll be the one to challenge at the top next season.

I'll address the factual part rather than the opinion based pieces. (Facts seem to be a precious comodity nowadays)  We beat Rangers to go into second place his last game before he left for MK Dons.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, Gards said:

Sorry, can you go back to my comments where you can insuate the 'happy' aspect of my posts.  Please don't put words or emotions my way without nothing to back it up.

Did you make a mistake leaving MK Dons out? If so I will apologise.

Or were you happy to leave MK Don's out?

Just now, Gambo said:

Did you make a mistake leaving MK Dons out? If so I will apologise.

Or were you happy to leave MK Don's out?

I based my comment on his performance on Scottish football which I think had more relevance to the topic. 

Again if there's an intonation that 'happiness' can be gleaned from me missing that part out then it's purely on the other party rather than myself.  So again will defend against those say i express emotions of happiness with zero proof or evidence.

I based my comment on his performance on Scottish football which I think had more relevance to the topic. 

Again if there's an intonation that 'happiness' can be gleaned from me missing that part out then it's purely on the other party rather than myself.  So again will defend against those say i express emotions of happiness with zero proof or evidence.

Zzzzzzz.

No wonder you like Neilson.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 20/11/2020 at 21:59, best in the land said:

Wrong appointment for me would far have preferred Stendal to stay. 

Frear, Halliday, Roberts and popescu are terrible signings. 

Not signing a goalscorer another big mistake. 

is that the Stendel that sent us down, by playing a goalkeeper who couldn't catch the cold.

Just now, Gambo said:

Zzzzzzz.

No wonder you like Neilson.

Pretty poor response there.  Thought better and obviously no apology then.

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm guessing we don't do the triple training sessions anymore :laugh:

We don't look as though we train tbh.

1 in 13 corners work.

Defending is all over the place.

Pretty poor response there.  Thought better and obviously no apology then.

You chose to omit Mk Don's as they were not Scottish football.

Are you happy or unhappy with that choice you made?

You chose to omit Mk Don's as they were not Scottish football.

Are you happy or unhappy with that choice you made?

I've said again.  Neilson was brought in to do a job - get us out of championship.  He'll do that and he's done it twice before.  Again, as I said, I'll reserve judgment on premiership.  But there's folks forgetting he got us to Europe first season back and left us in second place.

I don't understand why ommitting MK Dons piece means I'm happy to ommit that.  I don't know Robbie so therefore I don't have a personal like or dislike of him.  I don't understand how some can get so personal about this stuff.

17 minutes ago, Gards said:

I'll address the factual part rather than the opinion based pieces. (Facts seem to be a precious comodity nowadays)  We beat Rangers to go into second place his last game before he left for MK Dons.

Cheers.

We were second place for a few days before Aberdeen won their game in hand. 

You might want to consider why such a highly performing manager - in your opinion - left to go to a bottom half of the table League 1 club. You might also want to ask yourself why no other clubs were interested in such a successful manager.

You might also want to ask yourself why such a successful manager got emptied from said bottom of the table League 1 club. Maybe it was because he had them in the bottom half of the bottom half of League 1.

You might want to ask yourself why such a successful manager was then unemployed for 10 months.

You might also want to ask yourself why such a successful manager would then get a team promoted to the Premier League from the Championship and immediately jump ship to another Championship club.

Neilson is an - at best - average manager. If supporters are happy with having that at Hearts then they are part of the problem.

19 minutes ago, Gards said:

I've said again.  Neilson was brought in to do a job - get us out of championship.  He'll do that and he's done it twice before.  Again, as I said, I'll reserve judgment on premiership.  But there's folks forgetting he got us to Europe first season back and left us in second place.

I don't understand why ommitting MK Dons piece means I'm happy to ommit that.  I don't know Robbie so therefore I don't have a personal like or dislike of him.  I don't understand how some can get so personal about this stuff.

Who is getting personal?

Robbie is not getting the best imo out of the players and resources available to him.

Imo he is not the person to take us forwards, I have no doubts he will get us up as we have a better squad/resources than all the others.

Championship season, with Rangers and Hibs in it, was great but there is a reason he was disliked by a lot of fans near the end of his first stint, there is a reason he was not liked by MK Don's fans and there is a reason a lot of Dundee Utd fans were happy to get shot off. There was a reason Robbie name was way down anyone's list for a new manager for this season.

I hoped a Levein free Robbie may prosper at Hearts but sadly myself and a lot of others are not seeing that.

A manager 6 points clear in a league you would expect to have an approval rating from his supporters in the High 90's, do you think Robbie is anywhere near that just now?

Edited by Gambo

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Gards said:

Cheers.

Having played two more games than Aberdeen, you seem to be good at focusing on certain things whilst omitting others. Do you work in the media or for the BBC. 
Levein did well first time round too. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

We were second place for a few days before Aberdeen won their game in hand. 

You might want to consider why such a highly performing manager - in your opinion - left to go to a bottom half of the table League 1 club. You might also want to ask yourself why no other clubs were interested in such a successful manager.

You might also want to ask yourself why such a successful manager got emptied from said bottom of the table League 1 club. Maybe it was because he had them in the bottom half of the bottom half of League 1.

You might want to ask yourself why such a successful manager was then unemployed for 10 months.

You might also want to ask yourself why such a successful manager would then get a team promoted to the Premier League from the Championship and immediately jump ship to another Championship club.

Neilson is an - at best - average manager. If supporters are happy with having that at Hearts then they are part of the problem.

Sigh - so here we go again with folks putting words in my mouth.

So we established he did leave us in second place yes?

You have nothing in my posts where I say he's a highly performing manager.  I state what he's factually done.  Got us out of championship, took us to Europe, left us in second place and got Dundee Utd out of championship.

I don't include the MK Dons piece because i don't believe it has relevance on Scottish football.  You can disagree and that's all good.  If you think that makes all my other points invalid then that's fine too!

I think I've stated factual pieces around this.  I am not a Neilson defender but just think the distortion or ignorance of facts is troublesome.

Cheers.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Who is getting personal?

Robbie is not getting the best imo out of the players and resources available to him.

Imo he is not the person to take us forwards, I have no doubts he will get us up as we have a better squad/resources than all the others.

Championship season, with Rangers and Hibs in it, was great butthere is a reason he was disliked by a lot of fans near the end of his first stint, there is a reason he was not liked by MK Don's fans and there is a reason a lot of Dundee Utd fans were happy to get shot off. There was a reason Robbie name was way down anyone's list for a new manager for this season.

I hoped a Levein free Robbie may prosper at Hearts but sadly myself and a lot of others are not sering that.

A manager 6 points clear in a league you would expect to have an approval rating from his supporters in the High 90's, do you think Robbie is anywhere near that just now?

Spot on. As popular as he was when he left us in second or from

United when they had just been promoted, funny that. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having played two more games than Aberdeen, you seem to be good at focusing on certain things whilst omitting others. Do you work in the media or for the BBC. 
Levein did well first time round too. 

Ha ha - so now i work for BBC!  This is getting silly now.  What have I ommitted....seems to be the MK dons stuff...anything else?

Nelly Terraces

Safest job in football under Budge. Be surprised if her & the rest of the biscuit in cup of tea dunking board members even realise we had a game today.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gards said:

Ha ha - so now i work for BBC!  This is getting silly now.  What have I ommitted....seems to be the MK dons stuff...anything else?

You said he left us in second, forgetting the fact that Aberdeen had two games in hand. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Safest job in football under Budge. Be surprised if her & the rest of the biscuit in cup of tea dunking board members even realise we had a game today.

Thought Levein's jon was the safest job in Scottish football...according to Michael Stewart anyway.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Probably slept through the first half, I wish I had. 

Just now, Gards said:

Sigh - so here we go again with folks putting words in my mouth.

So we established he did leave us in second place yes?

You have nothing in my posts where I say he's a highly performing manager.  I state what he's factually done.  Got us out of championship, took us to Europe, left us in second place and got Dundee Utd out of championship.

I don't include the MK Dons piece because i don't believe it has relevance on Scottish football.  You can disagree and that's all good.  If you think that makes all my other points invalid then that's fine too!

I think I've stated factual pieces around this.  I am not a Neilson defender but just think the distortion or ignorance of facts is troublesome.

Cheers.

There is no way we should be losing  to RR at home,Neilson has his backroom staff he wanted, players he wanted money available to him

in the transfer market,so there can only be one problem,Neilson?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gards said:

Thought Levein's jon was the safest job in Scottish football...according to Michael Stewart anyway.

You do realise it’s the same job he’s talking about don’t you 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You said he left us in second, forgetting the fact that Aberdeen had two games in hand. 

Did that make a difference to Partick Thistle when they were demoted to League 1 with a game in hand which meant thet could have been second bottom?

It was - he should have been sacked months before he was!

You do realise it’s the same job he’s talking about don’t you 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

Was Levein not sacked from the safest job in football?

Pasquale for King

Did that make a difference to Partick Thistle when they were demoted to League 1 with a game in hand which meant thet could have been second bottom?

Yeah that’s definitely the same, I suppose according to you we won the league in 86 or the cup last month because we were ahead before the other teams caught up 😆

Yeah that’s definitely the same, I suppose according to you we won the league in 86 or the cup last month because we were ahead before the other teams caught up 😆

ha ha - yep because that's exactly what i said!!!

Pasquale for King

Was Levein not sacked from the safest job in football?

No, he was moved sideways and finished his contract, that’s not sacked. 

No, he was moved sideways and finished his contract, that’s not sacked. 

He was relieved of his duties as first team manager.  He was removed as a director at same time.

Is he still with us?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gards said:

ha ha - yep because that's exactly what i said!!!

No you’re just defending someone who’s team should’ve been FOUR nil down at home after an hour to a Raith Rovers team assembled at a fraction of the cost of ours, hadn’t trained for almost two weeks and were playing their first game this year. 
Did you back Levein to the bitter end by any chance?

Pasquale for King

He was relieved of his duties as first team manager.  He was removed as a director at same time.

Is he still with us?

Is that sacked? You said sacked? He wasn’t sacked? Was Dikamona sacked? Macphee? 

Nelly Terraces

Robbie Neilson, so bad at management he's been schooled by such managerial 'giants' as Stevie Crawford, James vermin McPake & John ****ing McGlynn. All in 1 season.

Oh Robbie, you really are in the wrong gig here pal.:lol:

Edited by Nelly Terraces

No you’re just defending someone who’s team should’ve been FOUR nil down at home after an hour to a Raith Rovers team assembled at a fraction of the cost of ours, hadn’t trained for almost two weeks and were playing their first game this year. 
Did you back Levein to the bitter end by any chance?

Yep I've defended Neilson in all my posts.  Point that out please?

Levein should have gone after the Celtic cup final to give a new manager a full season to make a difference.  That ok with you?

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )