Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

She was a CEO in an industry notorious for treating their people as ‘assets’ and not in a good way. An asset in the same way that a photocopier is an asset. When you’ve no more use for it, it’s disposed of. She was ruthless on Stendel. Can’t understand why she wasn’t to ruthless with Levein 

I don’t think her company was that ruthless though, look at the documentary for clues on how she runs her business. Cathro and Stendel were ruthlessly cut adrift though. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

SRB valiantly defending RN mostly and a few other posters coming up with (I think) reasonable concerns. Loads of trolling and wumming chucked in for good measure. 

Just the usual then. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

She viewed it as a safe choice. He had won the championship twice before. You might not agree with it but it’s easy enough to understand.  I’d have preferred to stick with Stendel and said so at the time but I get why she didn’t. 

Spot on

58 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Wasn’t quite as simple as that though was it. Stendel waited politely and patiently in Germany for confirmation if he would be coming back or not. No one said anything to him about looking at someone else and then having lost the reinstatement case, Ann Budge sees an opportunity to bring in a cheaper, apparently safer, certainly easier and more comfortable option and takes it. No call to Stendel. No email. No conversation of any kind. The man found out on Social Media that his job on hold and to be discussed had been given to someone else and then she says he was out of contract anyway !! I thought that whole episode was disgraceful....... and for Robbie Bloody Neilson !!!! 

I often wonder who would have been the manager had we won our case to stay in the top league. If she had picked Neilson I’d have been fecking raging. He’s only acceptable now because getting out of this league is a job you could give to the groundsman and he’d manage it. 

I think we're in violent agreement. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think her company was that ruthless though, look at the documentary for clues on how she runs her business. Cathro and Stendel were ruthlessly cut adrift though. 

Cathro wasn't dealt with ruthlessly.

CL eventually folded and had to give up on him. A doubt Budge had anything to do with it. He should have been binned before the end of the season, allowing a new man to assess what we had and recruit. But no he got the League cup to **** up, first.

From that point on Budge severely ****ed up. Installing CL ( who had admitted his managing days had gone) was a ridiculous piece of business.

Her DOF became Head Coach also.

I now am a doubter, wondering has CL pulled the strings in getting the pesky German axed for his protege.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Further response. 

1. They would have gotten a keeper from elsewhere, do you seriously think they would have started with a fb in goals? 

We are a professional football club, not a gang ran by hate. 

2.the last 3 seasons have nothing to do with Robbie, if the rage is aimed at him then imo that's the person's issue and not helpful in any way in a discussion, rage never is. 

3. If you consider demotion, covid and then Robbie being new, which he is then any demands on Robbie are instant.

4.it is a sign, but fans argueing on here, some stating Robbie is divisive and fans actively posting they won't be back to Tynecastle soon a,long with some posters  saying they have withdrawn payments is not a United fan base. The fact some have stated on this thread they don't or never wanted Robbie, some want him sacked and others are giving him a chance along with  some championing Stendel backs up that division. 

5. You don't know that, even if true what does that matter, Robbie has us top, not Naismith or Stendel. 

6. 12th is worse than 11th. That is not better imo. Longer term who knows, but I'm not buying any manager that has taken us from 11th to 12th over 14 games and seen Hamilton go 4 clear of us has improved us in the short term. Not buying that at all. Either way, It's also irrelevant in regards to Robbie and this season

Many don't contribute and have said as much. Many do, like me. I even contribute to jkb. 

You use terms like righteous anger and rage, with that in mind I think "rabid dogs" is an apt term for describing some on here. 

In regards to your Ann analysis, I don't know her enough to comment on her personality. 

We have gone through 3 managers in little over a year and now have the chap from Preston. She recognizes that change was needed and has made many. Pretty sure the board has changed as well. 

Thanks for responding.

this could be enjoyable, especially after some G&T’s. 😀

again in response.

1. I’m not so sure they would have gotten a keeper. We where in lockdown as a country and we were the only club with full time testing who had a keeper available. But taking your view point. If other keepers where so readily available why did we jump so quickly to help when it would have such a detrimental effect on our fan base?

I agree with you on the point that we shouldn’t have been so perturbed by loaning them a keeper and playing the bigger man. But my initial response was to your statement that Bobby was of no assistance. When it was quite clearly evident that he was. St Mirren treated us appallingly as a football club. Do you believe in the future they will be any different to us now we gave them a keeper for a couple of weeks because they couldn’t follow government guidance relating to covid?

Hate has little to do with it. They as a club used covid to protect themselves and should have lived by the standards they set. 
you become the standard you walk past

2. The rage isn’t aimed solely at Robbie (as well you know) but the club as a whole and Anne, (who you are also defending) and that Robbie is an integral part of representing and  manifesting how we are perceived as a club in a football sense by directing what we do on a pitch. Which quite frankly is awful, appears to be demoralising the players and is certainly demoralising the bedrock of the club - the fans.

3.again this isn’t about solely Robbie. But if we are to look at just robbie’s influence, he was part of the initial cycle, caused some of it problems which need correcting,  and is so steeped in the club he knows what is expected. We are questioning Robbie on what he is doing in relation to playing part-time teams and his inability to show any galvanising effect moving forward. 
we are questions Anne on 5 years of overall failure

4. There will always, anything in life be those who descent form he majority. It’s healthy. But there is far more unity than disunity. The £m’s paid in FOH subs proves this. The fact people com on here to vent proves this. There is unity for the support of the club. It’s how I moves forward that there is a difference in opinion. I stand by the fact we are more United as a support.

5. Also you don’t know that they wouldn’t. It is clear that we have the best collection of individuals in this league. What is also clear is they do not look happy when they play football. We forget that football is a job for these guys and they may not have the same emotional buy in as fans. But as with all employees you want to enjoy your job. These are guys who I believe know they can p1ss this league and they are being told to stop playing with any joy and follow a defensive ponderous approach to football by their manager. With that culture and ethos, who wouldn’t be sad, miserable and lack any interest. To play and employ frear over Henderson and Moore and stifle any sense aspiration while we are in the championship is criminal

6. We were joint bottom and bottom of the form table when he joined. We were 8th in the form table at the end. 
And the most important factor of all ‘he didn’t get us relegated’ clubs like st Mirren demoted us

7. You don’t need to know someone to understand there personality. For example Jacob Rees mogg is an arrogant, narcissistic, self entitled dick, and I have never met him 

8. We have gone through 3 mangers so quickly because of Anne and her personality. Let’s hope the recent shakeup is no full of yes men again, but the appointment of Robbie suggests otherwise

finally, and I do me it, 

thanks for being one of those who contribute.

AC Mallin_51

I understand the gross concern of losing to dross like Dundee and Dunfermline and how it doesn’t make you overly confident for life back in the prem (if we get there) however United had some shocking results last season and they’re not exactly looking like coming straight back down 

My worry is that Neilson and his 2 main coach's are not coaching the players into an effective team that can beat teams like Alloa, Dunfermline & Dundee. In too many games, even games we've won, we lack movement up front,  a midfield that lacks positivity and structure & a Centre Back pairing that is not fit for purpose. Neilson & co need to work hard and get these players working at becoming the team they should be.

Edited by mitch41

2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I understand the gross concern of losing to dross like Dundee and Dunfermline and how it doesn’t make you overly confident for life back in the prem (if we get there) however United had some shocking results last season and they’re not exactly looking like coming straight back down 

Even though United got promoted, a large part of their fanbase wanted Robbie gone 👍

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cathro wasn't dealt with ruthlessly.

CL eventually folded and had to give up on him. A doubt Budge had anything to do with it. He should have been binned before the end of the season, allowing a new man to assess what we had and recruit. But no he got the League cup to **** up, first.

From that point on Budge severely ****ed up. Installing CL ( who had admitted his managing days had gone) was a ridiculous piece of business.

Her DOF became Head Coach also.

I now am a doubter, wondering has CL pulled the strings in getting the pesky German axed for his protege.

My recollection is that we lost on penalties to the Pars, the directors were in the Gorgie stand and she was verbally abused at the end of the game. Some of the same abuse she got just before she eventually moved Levein out the managers chair. CL still though Cathro could do a job when we got rid of him. 
I have no doubt that CL advised her to get RN back, he said on radio he wasn’t surprised and that if everything had went ok they had discussed it happening with him moving back upstairs in 2019. 

AC Mallin_51

What actually concerns me the most is why is it taking us going a goal/goals behind for the players to show a reaction. I honestly think the capability is there in this team however I feel like there’s something deeply wrong on the mentality side of things 

AC Mallin_51
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Even though United got promoted, a large part of their fanbase wanted Robbie gone 👍

Not disputing that at all 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

With a different manager. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, heatonjambo said:

Thanks for responding.

again in response.

1. I’m not so sure they would have gotten a keeper. We where in lockdown as a country and we were the only club with full time testing who had a keeper available. But taking your view point. If other keepers where so readily available why did we jump so quickly to help when it would have such a detrimental effect on our fan base?

I agree with you on the point that we shouldn’t have been so perturbed by loaning them a keeper and playing the bigger man. But my initial response was to your statement that Bobby was of no assistance. When it was quite clearly evident that he was. St Mirren treated us appallingly as a football club. Do you believe in the future they will be any different to us now we gave them a keeper for a couple of weeks because they couldn’t follow government guidance relating to covid?

Hate has little to do with it. They as a club used covid to protect themselves and should have lived by the standards they set. 

2. The rage isn’t aimed solely at Robbie (as well you know) but the club as a whole and Anne, (who you are also defending) and that Robbie is an integral part of representing and  manifesting how we are perceived as a club in a football sense by directing what we do on a pitch. Which quite frankly is awful, appears to be demoralising the players and is certainly demoralising the bedrock of the club - the fans.

3.again this isn’t about solely Robbie. But if we are to look at just robbie’s influence, he was part of the initial cycle, caused some of it problems which need correcting,  and is so steeped in the club he knows what is expected. We are questioning Robbie on what he is doing in relation to playing part-time teams and his inability to show any galvanising effect moving forward. 

4. There will always, anything in life be those who descent form he majority. It’s healthy. But there is far more unity than disunity. The £m’s paid in FOH subs proves this. The fact people com on here to vent proves this. There is unity for the support of the club. It’s how I moves forward that there is a difference in opinion. I stand by the fact we are more United as a support.

5. Also you don’t know that they wouldn’t. It is clear that we have the best collection of individuals in this league. What is also clear is they do not look happy when they play football. We forget that football is a job for these guys and they may not have the same emotional buy in as fans. But as with all employees you want to enjoy your job. These are guys who I believe know they can p1ss this league and they are being told to stop playing with any joy and follow a defensive ponderous approach to football by their manager. With that culture and ethos, who wouldn’t be sad, miserable and lack any interest. To play and employ frear over Henderson and Moore and stifle any sense aspiration while we are in the championship is criminal

6. We were joint bottom and bottom of the form table when he joined. We were 8th in the form table at the end. 
And the most important factor of all ‘he didn’t get us relegated’ clubs like st Mirren demoted us

7. You don’t need to know someone to understand there personality. For example Jacob Rees mogg is an arrogant, narcissistic, self entitled dick, and I have never met him 

8. We have gone through 3 mangers so quickly because of Anne and her personality. Let’s hope the recent shakeup is no full of yes men again, but the appointment of Robbie suggests otherwise

finally, and I do me it, 

Ooft, time for a beer then. 

I don't take with any of that in principal as each person can have an opinion tbh. 

We'll balanced and thought out, some I disagree with. 

I've anaswered all above tho, so don't won't go around in circles 

I would add, that Robbie himself is not to blame for many of the things getting folks blood pressure up.

From a football prospective is delivering what he needs to with the tools he has, many who won't be here when we get promoted. 

21 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I think we're in violent agreement. 

Chest slamming you as I speak bro. that’s what I’m talking about Mutha !

8 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

They changed manager before the start of this season so any comparisons with last season's team are void. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Thanks for responding.

again in response.

finally, and I do me it, 

Wonderful post 👍🏽

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, she wouldn’t have done that to CL. 

She loved Levein and even created an imaginary role (Medical expert) to keep him at the club, after his "sacking".  She's spewing that he's completely away. 

Hopefully JJ is now keeping her right.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Chest slamming you as I speak bro. that’s what I’m talking about Mutha !

Gimme 2 minutes to consult my Urban Dictionary if you will? 😎

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Wasn’t quite as simple as that though was it. Stendel waited politely and patiently in Germany for confirmation if he would be coming back or not. No one said anything to him about looking at someone else and then having lost the reinstatement case, Ann Budge sees an opportunity to bring in a cheaper, apparently safer, certainly easier and more comfortable option and takes it. No call to Stendel. No email. No conversation of any kind. The man found out on Social Media that his job on hold and to be discussed had been given to someone else and then she says he was out of contract anyway !! I thought that whole episode was disgraceful....... and for Robbie Bloody Neilson !!!! 

I often wonder who would have been the manager had we won our case to stay in the top league. If she had picked Neilson I’d have been fecking raging. He’s only acceptable now because getting out of this league is a job you could give to the groundsman and he’d manage it. 

If we had stayed in the top

league I imagine we would still have Stendel, mainly due to the cost of paying him off. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

She loved Levein and even created an imaginary role (Medical expert) to keep him at the club, after his "sacking".  She's spewing that he's completely away. 

Still does love him. 
JJ will be gone soon as Savage will do what he’s been doing.,

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still does love him. 
JJ will be gone soon as Savage will do what he’s been doing.,

Do you think that’s because JJ would tell some home truths?

genuine question

57 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I really believe he was brought back because Anne wanted a manger she felt comfortable with, and not necessarily a manger who might bring success and any difficulties that could arise from that

Which is back to her vanity.  She is the club now and the fans can't do anything about it until she decides to go.  Sick of waiting on things to improve.  Also lost trust in her now.  Said one thing and done another too often now.  

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Which is back to her vanity.  She is the club now and the fans can't do anything about it until she decides to go.  Sick of waiting on things to improve.  Also lost trust in her now.  Said one thing and done another too often now.  

FoH can complete the share transfer and then move to replace her, if they wished. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

FoH can complete the share transfer and then move to replace her, if they wished. 

Didn’t fully understand that.

if you have any detailed insight and are happy to/able to share, is there a strategy in place with a sensible figurehead defined (potentially defined) to enable this to happen?

it will have to at some point no?

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

They changed manager before the start of this season so any comparisons with last season's team are void. 

how is Mellon doing in comparison to say neilson in 15/16.  Insanity to expect the guy to turn it around 100% and win every game with these donkeys after 1 window.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Its no necessary to completely remove her she has her good points, football wise though dave i feel supporters don't have a say, and we are being taken for mugs. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some agitators in the clique would help.

Didn’t fully understand that.

if you have any detailed insight and are happy to/able to share, is there a strategy in place with a sensible figurehead defined (potentially defined) to enable this to happen?

it will have to at some point no?

I’ve no detailed insight. I imagine the strategy is for Ann to continue as Chair of the club for a period after the transfer. 

sandylejambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

how is Mellon doing in comparison to say neilson in 15/16.  Insanity to expect the guy to turn it around 100% and win every game with these donkeys after 1 window.

He's playing these donkey's because the donkey's he brought in are worse than the ones he inherited.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it just the pandemic that's holding it up?  

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve no detailed insight. I imagine the strategy is for Ann to continue as Chair of the club for a period after the transfer. 

Sorry if I’ve missed it but is there a date for the transfer?

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Is it just the pandemic that's holding it up?  

That is the biggest part, the care of the club comes first.

1 minute ago, One five said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but is there a date for the transfer?

As bongo has stated above, there really is no need to have Anne removed completely. 

It is her influence on directing the football aspects of the club that need managing/assistance with

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

The hibs game has nothing to do with it for me. I was glad when he left last time as the football wasn't enjoyable under him. I don't understand why we brought him back. 

To win games and get us back challenging up the top half of the premiership.

I'm sure he will have us doing that next season

As bongo has stated above, there really is no need to have Anne removed completely. 

It is her influence on directing the football aspects of the club that need managing/assistance with

Yes I totally agree with that.

3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Hell of a statement there mate.

Surely you could see that we didn't have the players to play the way Stendal wanted to play.

He didn't and kept trying the same thing over and over again.

Yes a couple of good victories v rangers and beating the wee team were great but we were pish under him in general.

We were losing goals to long balls as the team were all trying to push to far up the park.

Wish him all the best but he should never have been appointed.

I believe Robbie will win this league and make us competitive in the premier again (maybe not the prettiest of football though)

No he didn't. Stendel adapted and dropped the high line. He was learning Scottish football. He only got a handful of games...

Perth to Paisley
21 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Some people go yo extraordinary lengths to snipe about Levein.

Let it go, he's gone.

The short term role he performed required no medical expertise which was a bonus as he had none!

He simply documented the then current processes. (The report was commissioned to try and understand why do many players were out for so  long.)

The report was then passed for comment to someone who had medical knowledge. Any constructive findings could/presumably have been² implemented.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

He's playing these donkey's because the donkey's he brought in are worse than the ones he inherited.

hmm..50:50 I’d say gordon, Kingsley and Ginelly good!! Popescu, Frear and Roberts bad..

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

yet no one seems to recognise that we have taken steps to resolve with savage starting tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Some people go yo extraordinary lengths to snipe about Levein.

Let it go, he's gone.

The short term role he performed required no medical expertise which was a bonus as he had none!

He simply documented the then current processes. (The report was commissioned to try and understand why do many players were out for so  long.)

The report was then passed for comment to someone who had medical knowledge. Any constructive findings could/presumably have been² implemented.

If it was passed to a medical expert, shouldn’t a medical expert have performed the initial assessment?

in principle your right.

but as the sacked manager, being in the background created a toxic environment that inhibited change and ultimately, I believe, helped plummet us to the bottom

Meanwhile, down at ER, Ross is telling his players ' not to just drift along' after a 3 nil stuffing at home to Livingston. Sort of comment you might expect after a narrow, maybe fortunate, win. 

Relevant to show what pish managers can come out with not just Neilson. Though he really made an area of that team selection. Awful

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yet no one seems to recognise that we have taken steps to resolve with savage starting tomorrow. 

I think they have.

there is a justifiable fear that h my be another yes man

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

There will be plenty to talk about when Joe steps in, give it a week.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I think they have.

there is a justifiable fear that h my be another yes man

based on what? No sorry that’s just lazy Ill informed nonsense.

A guy with a great reputation- who’s been a target for bigger clubs than hearts, who’s been very successful in every role he had with a guy who I all honesty would be my first pick for a hearts manager..

who knows whether he will succeed but ridiculous to have him labelled a yes man or a failure before he’s in the door

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Do you think that’s because JJ would tell some home truths?

genuine question

He would do but I just think it’s Savages job to communicate with the board. JJ isn’t required anymore that’s all. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )