Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He would do but I just think it’s Savages job to communicate with the board. JJ isn’t required anymore that’s all. 

JJ is part of the set up, a main go between. They will be communicating alright.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

based on what? No sorry that’s just lazy Ill informed nonsense.

A guy with a great reputation- who’s been a target for bigger clubs than hearts, who’s been very successful in every role he had with a guy who I all honesty would be my first pick for a hearts manager..

who knows whether he will succeed but ridiculous to have him labelled a yes man or a failure before he’s in the door

?

It is clear Anne has employed yes men in her time at the club and stood by them to our detriment.

savage maybe a great appointment, but people can still have an apprehension that he may not be a great appointment and a yes man. That is not being ill informed, just apprehensive.

if he is so good, and so confident in himself why didn’t he take the £m + job offer to be SD at Southampton?

I hope he is fantastic for us. Perhaps he can bring Alex Neil in!

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post. 

Unfortunately it will never be acknowledged.  Its like replying to a brick wall who then insults you. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

JJ is part of the set up, a main go between. They will be communicating alright.

His remit was to help with recruitment and liaise with the board, until we hired a Sporting Director who will now fulfill that role. Jeffries is no longer required. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Unfortunately it will never be acknowledged.  Its like replying to a brick wall who then insults you. 

Pretty much 😆👍🏽

30 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

To win games and get us back challenging up the top half of the premiership.

I'm sure he will have us doing that next season

Ok I'll bite now we aren't a playing a high press, and Robbie has been backed their in the summer, why are we still leaking goals? And why has their been no improvement even though we are playing in front of inferior sides than last season. 

Why does the manager rather than play an up and coming player continue to stick with Lee and Halliday, when Halliday at best is a decent squad player to have, and Lee well I've seen milk turn quicker.

He needs to go, he doesn't make us a better team, we need someone that will take us to the next level. 

And Neilson isn't it. 

30 minutes ago, kila said:

No he didn't. Stendel adapted and dropped the high line. He was learning Scottish football. He only got a handful of games...

Last goal we conceded against St Mirren was from a punt up the park and our defence were on the back foot again.

Folk on here talk as if we were fantastic under him Hamilton were 2 nil and cruising till they had a man sent off.

Should have brought someone else in.

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

She loved Levein and even created an imaginary role (Medical expert) to keep him at the club, after his "sacking".  She's spewing that he's completely away. 

Hopefully JJ is now keeping her right.

I thought that medical expert thing was a joke somebody made here?

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

There will be plenty to talk about when Joe steps in, give it a week.

He will have his own thread slating him by tomorrow evening if we don’t sign Messi on a pre contract. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ok I'll bite now we aren't a playing a high press, and Robbie has been backed their in the summer, why are we still leaking goals? And why has their been no improvement even though we are playing in front of inferior sides than last season. 

Why does the manager rather than play an up and coming player continue to stick with Lee and Halliday, when Halliday at best is a decent squad player to have, and Lee well I've seen milk turn quicker.

He needs to go, he doesn't make us a better team, we need someone that will take us to the next level. 

And Neilson isn't it. 

Agree with everything you've said. 

If you had the option, would you keep RN until the end of the season or get rid of him more or less immediately?

Who would you like to replace him?

Gorgie Boot boy
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His remit was to help with recruitment and liaise with the board, until we hired a Sporting Director who will now fulfill that role. Jeffries is no longer required. 

JJ signed a new contract, he is part of the reason Joe is with us. The Sporting Directors role has nothing to do with JJ.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

27 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

?

It is clear Anne has employed yes men in her time at the club and stood by them to our detriment.

savage maybe a great appointment, but people can still have an apprehension that he may not be a great appointment and a yes man. That is not being ill informed, just apprehensive.

if he is so good, and so confident in himself why didn’t he take the £m + job offer to be SD at Southampton?

I hope he is fantastic for us. Perhaps he can bring Alex Neil in!

Go on, tell us.

Is it because he was never offered it ?

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And Neilson isn't it. 

we don’t have the players to do play a high press.  At least Robbie figured that out

we have improved, without doubt.. though given how far we fell that wasnt hard.

😆

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

Do you think that’s because JJ would tell some home truths?

genuine question

You bet he will.

31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Unfortunately it was not a joke - it was tragic!

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

JJ signed a new contract, he is part of the reason Joe is with us. The Sporting Directors role has nothing to do with JJ.

The job he fulfilled for 6 months was exactly what the SD will do, I missed them extending his deal for another 6 months. 
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joe-savage-appointed-sporting-director

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The job he fulfilled for 6 months was exactly what the SD will do, I missed them extending his deal for another 6 months. 
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joe-savage-appointed-sporting-director

It wasn't the same job, JJ was merely over seeing the spot for someone else. In that time Joe was itching for a new fresh challenge , JJ is a go between or advisor, his remit will be entirely different to Joe's who is the main man as Sporting Director. JJ will be offered a similar extended deal this year. Two separate entities working towards the same goal.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It wasn't the same job, JJ was merely over seeing the spot for someone else. In that time Joe was itching for a new fresh challenge , JJ is a go between or advisor, his remit will be entirely different to Joe's who is the main man as Sporting Director. JJ will be offered a similar extended deal this year. Two separate entities working towards the same goal.

Savage will now be doing this role, who knows what Jeffries will do now but it’s another wage that’s not required. https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18583734.jim-jefferies-returns-hearts-adviser-tynecastle-board/

945D2356-185F-434C-8243-02813F0B674A.jpeg

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Savage will now be doing this role, who knows what Jeffries will do now but it’s another wage that’s not required. https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18583734.jim-jefferies-returns-hearts-adviser-tynecastle-board/

945D2356-185F-434C-8243-02813F0B674A.jpeg

It is not the same as being the Sporting Director though,Joe has that job title full time. JJ has been an advisor to Robbie, you may be correct that he has been involved with signings. Where does it say Joe is replacing JJ ? JJ never had that job title.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It is not the same as being the Sporting Director though,Joe has that job title full time. JJ has been an advisor to Robbie, you may be correct that he has been involved with signings. Where does it say Joe is replacing JJ ? JJ never had that job title.

He didn’t but his remit was to help with signings if required and liaise with the board, that’s part of the SDs job. There’s no need for Jeffries now, I was hoping the jobs for the boys retirement plan had gone with Levein. The job was obviously linked or they wouldn’t have announced Jeffries new contract in the same statement. 

Gorgie Boot boy

He didn’t but his remit was to help with signings if required and liaise with the board, that’s part of the SDs job. There’s no need for Jeffries now, I was hoping the jobs for the boys retirement plan had gone with Levein. The job was obviously linked or they wouldn’t have announced Jeffries new contract in the same statement. 

Nah man, JJ has a job for as long as he wants it.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wonderful post 👍🏽

x2.  There are some belters in this thread.  All completely logical and none of the "frothing from the mouth" shite that boy spouts along with others,  all reasonable and measured and literally no comebacks but "aye but".   Thank god as I thought I was losing my mind man. 

53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we don’t have the players to do play a high press.  At least Robbie figured that out

😆

Yeah well we did when we played rangers, celtic, hibs away 🤔so don't talk pish. 

55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😆

Seems like we don't have the players to play Robbie's style either 🤔can you tell me what it is? 

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

They changed manager before the start of this season so any comparisons with last season's team are void. 

Now there’s an idea 🤔

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We didn't play the high press agaisnt Hibs away. I don't know what Celtic game you refer too but we will have lost it so that games irrelevant. The two games agaisnt rangers, we played better in the later of the two by which time stendel had focused more on the defense. There's also no point in being able to do it in big games, yet concede 3 at home to killie and 2 to Hamilton.

Gorgie Boot boy

Doing what? 

Smiling , pulling faces at Lockie.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

x2.  There are some belters in this thread.  All completely logical and none of the "frothing from the mouth" shite that boy spouts along with others,  all reasonable and measured and literally no comebacks but "aye but".   Thank god as I thought I was losing my mind man. 

Supporting this club will do that to you 😆🤪

kingantti1874
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers we pressed like ****, it worked and it was great.  Celtic, ah Celtic away - ducking spanked because we stuck with the worst keeper in the history of football..  

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really liked Stendel - he was just too slow to learn for me.. 

im just trying to offer some balance.. you can’t tell me you miss seeing us cut apart by a ball over the top or seeing us having the ball pinched in midfield and conceding yet another goal

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Seems like we don't have the players to play Robbie's style either 🤔can you tell me what it is? 

An 80 % win record with pish players . 👍🏻

Gorgie Boot boy

Fair enough 🤪

I have no idea, just give him the job for life.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

My worry is that Neilson and his 2 main coach's are not coaching the players into an effective team that can beat teams like Alloa, Dunfermline & Dundee. In too many games, even games we've won, we lack movement up front,  a midfield that lacks positivity and structure & a Centre Back pairing that is not fit for purpose. Neilson & co need to work hard and get these players working at becoming the team they should be.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Unfortunately its true.  Ann explained at the Shareholders meeting in Dec 19, that Levein and McPhee would continue in new roles while they worked through their remaining contracts (to May/June 20).

Levein in his "Medical" review and McPhee helping to get rid of some of the dross that he helped to sign.  McPhee would be "working from home" and Levein would be at the academy, but not around when Stendal or the first team were there.  I assume he dived into a cupboard when Stendal walked past him.

Feckin laughable.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And Neilson isn't it. 

I think there has been slight improvement although not a great deal.

He was backed in the summer but it was lockdown so who could we have got?

Robert's looked ok in pre season friendlies but him and Frear are terrible I'll give you that.

I'd agree when we get back up Lee can go and Haliday can be used to fill gaps, as for the young players I'd guess they are not good enough.

Cochrane has not progressed the way we thought he would unfortunately.

Got to give Robbie time surely.

Judge him if we don't get up on we make it up and are fighting a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Supporting this club will do that to you 😆🤪

🤣 happy new year mate btw!  Here’s to a much better 21 on and off the pitch.  FTH. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

We didn't play the high press agaisnt Hibs away. I don't know what Celtic game you refer too but we will have lost it so that games irrelevant. The two games agaisnt rangers, we played better in the later of the two by which time stendel had focused more on the defense. There's also no point in being able to do it in big games, yet concede 3 at home to killie and 2 to Hamilton.

Yes we did play high press away from home against hibs so much so, that if you look at our third goal hibs tried to play the same tactics as us allowing Washington to get in behind from Hickeys ball and Washington scoring 👍

Then if you look at hibs goal naismith is pressing, only for the hibs player to lump it up the park go watch it👍

The celtic game we beat them 4-0 what tactics did we play against them, you talk so much shite man, and we beat them with a high press with players like Callachan, Cowie, Bauben, Randall, Brandon, 

People need to accept it robbie will get us promoted, that I have no doubt about, but as far as being in charge for our assault on Celtic and Rangers, and being 3rd best team in Scotland he ain't up to it. 

Stendel worst result was 5-0 away from home against celtic, at half time it was 1-0 and we were in the game, up until the second half when Joel threw the ball in the net. 

So much so i had celtic supporters say to me your team maybe lost 5-0, but I've never seen a Scottish team come to parkhead and be so defiant like that, usually they all park the bus and counter, hearts actually tried to have a go. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes we did play high press away from home against hibs so much so, that if you look at our third goal hibs tried to play the same tactics as us allowing Washington to get in behind from Hickeys ball and Washington scoring 👍

Then if you look at hibs goal naismith is pressing, only for the hibs player to lump it up the park go watch it👍

The celtic game we beat them 4-0 what tactics did we play against them, you talk so much shite man, and we beat them with a high press with players like Callachan, Cowie, Bauben, Randall, Brandon, 

People need to accept it robbie will get us promoted, that I have no doubt about, but as far as being in charge for our assault on Celtic and Rangers, and being 3rd best team in Scotland he ain't up to it. 

Stendel worst result was 5-0 away from home against celtic, at half time it was 1-0 and we were in the game, up until the second half when Joel threw the ball in the net. 

So much so i had celtic supporters say to me your team maybe lost 5-0, but I've never seen a Scottish team come to parkhead and be see defiant like that, usually they all park the bus and counter, hearts actually tried to have a go. 

Agree with a lot of what you say, but I was at parkhead and we were woeful.  

Pressing hibs is the way to beat them under Dross. We played it to perfection that night.  To say we didn’t is the least understanding of a football match I’ve ever heard.  Even their goalie was launching floating passes into the crowd absolutely shiting it.  

4 minutes ago, Candy said:

Agree with a lot of what you say, but I was at parkhead and we were woeful.  

What was the score at half time? 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

An 80 % win record with pish players . 👍🏻

What happened to going the season unbeaten?. 

Berra than you

So much so i had celtic supporters say to me your team maybe lost 5-0, but I've never seen a Scottish team come to parkhead and be see defiant like that, usually they all park the bus and counter, hearts actually tried to have a go. 

I will give you that Celtic game. I assumed you were talking about a game under stendel. We did press them high and get on their faces - but we had a well drilled defence that day aswell. It's about balance and stendel didn't show that to begin with. Part of the reason we find ourselves where we are whilst the 5-0 was his heaviest I wouldn't say it was his worst defeat as he struggled agaisnt the teams around about us big time. He did work on his defence towards the end of his time with us, and you can see that in the second rangers game and the Hibs game. I don't think we played a high press that night though. None of our goals came from pressing high that night, and I'd have to see theirs again but if their goal did come from us playing a high press that proves the point that we didn't have the defence for it. Attacking wise stendel got a lot right. We didn't have the defence for it - or he couldn't get his point across to them. It's that simple. Btw I'm not saying Robbie has all the answers, he'll get us promoted and then I'll judge him next year. But I don't like people rewriting the past and painting stendel out for being great. I liked him and wanted him to do well. But he should have done better and we were right to part ways in the summer imo.

What was the score at half time? 

The score at FT was 5 zip.

Listen im no lover of neilsons negative tactics and thought that if stendel got it right we could be special, but that game is a bad example. We were never at the races that night.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

🤣 happy new year mate btw!  Here’s to a much better 21 on and off the pitch.  FTH. 

Absolutely. HNY to you too. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I will give you that Celtic game. I assumed you were talking about a game under stendel. We did press them high and get on their faces - but we had a well drilled defence that day aswell. It's about balance and stendel didn't show that to begin with. Part of the reason we find ourselves where we are whilst the 5-0 was his heaviest I wouldn't say it was his worst defeat as he struggled agaisnt the teams around about us big time. He did work on his defence towards the end of his time with us, and you can see that in the second rangers game and the Hibs game. I don't think we played a high press that night though. None of our goals came from pressing high that night, and I'd have to see theirs again but if their goal did come from us playing a high press that proves the point that we didn't have the defence for it. Attacking wise stendel got a lot right. We didn't have the defence for it - or he couldn't get his point across to them. It's that simple. Btw I'm not saying Robbie has all the answers, he'll get us promoted and then I'll judge him next year. But I don't like people rewriting the past and painting stendel out for being great. I liked him and wanted him to do well. But he should have done better and we were right to part ways in the summer imo.

I don’t think we had the defence to play any style, we lost goals no matter the tactics or who the GK was. We still are with largely the same players but now we have a great GK, the two imposters in front of him are the problem. 

Berra than you

I don’t think we had the defence to play any style, we lost goals no matter the tactics or who the GK was. We still are with largely the same players but now we have a great GK, the two imposters in front of him are the problem. 

Hard to disagree with the first part, which is why we leaked goals when stendel first came in, defence were left too exposed. The style now doesn't leave them as exposed, but it does show them up for making as many errors. Two centre halfs are a priority in the summer.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Candy said:

The score at FT was 5 zip.

Listen im no lover of neilsons negative tactics and thought that if stendel got it right we could be special, but that game is a bad example. We were never at the races that night.

I thought we were doing ok until that joke of a GK threw one in around 33-35 minutes in. They were flying at that time too, I would’ve like to see us play them at Tynie under him. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )