• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Β 

Simple pleasures eh. You probably care more about that than getting a decent manager in place.Β 

I wanted him gone. I didn't resort to calling him phoodle or backing a plane to fly a plane over the stadium though.Β 

Β 

I'm going to back him (once i've got over the shock)Β Β and i hope everyone else does.

Β 

But i still claim the rights to say " I told you so" ha.Β 

Β 

We have a decent manager in place. Like I said, doubly pleasing.Β 

3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Six figures.

Β£999,999 ?

19 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Here's a question,Β 

If the court case results in us staying in the premiership, doesn't that mean that Stendel still has a contract?

Just a guess but I think that with re-instatement the clause that can be invoked by both parties currently still applies, even if we are re-instatedΒ 

Therefore DS will not even get any compensation from usΒ 

If compensation applies I don’t think this would have been rushed through like this and AB would have waited for the final court decision - not like RN was going anywhere else

I think this is harsh in all honesty and if trueΒ 

SwindonJambo

This was announced on BBC Radio 5 on their 830pm news. I only heard the 2nd half of the item and I was pinching myself to I’ve come on here to get the lowdown. This seems to be a total bolt from the blue with no-one even previously discussing it.Β 

Β 

I am disappointed that Stendel isn’t going to get a fair crack of the whip though the Championship would be of limited interest to him I think. I generally liked Robbie but I do hope he’s toughened up for the big games, especially the Derbies. Pick up where he left off there, even if we do fine in other games and many fans will turn on him. He will not be reporting to Levein or any other Director of Football so he’ll have a free reign to make signings and decide tactics. It remains to be seen what influence the so called Sporting Director has over the 1st team manager. And who we appoint. If the SD is there to oversee the academy and non 1st team then fine. I am firmly of the opinion that at a club of Hearts’ medium size, the 1st team manager should have a free reign, free from any interference and be accountable directly to the board only and be measured on results and quality of play. No hierarchy in between.

Good luck to Robbie. Β Hopefully he’s came back a better manager and he will know also the grass isn’t always greener now. Β Massive chance for him here and he should piss the championship.Β 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

β€œOnce I’ve got over the shock... β€œ

Β 

**** me, someone fetchΒ the smelling salts, she’s had another one of her turns. :lol:

Β 

Oh C'mon, You telling me you would have predicted this one?

15 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Must admit to being a bit non pulsed by Robbies appointment. He's a safe pair of hands but I'm looking for something a wee bit more exciting. I was excited by Daniel and would have liked to see him with a fresh slate this season but we are where we are and I hope Robbie comes in and kicks a few bums and grows a pair and goes for the jugular every week. Lets not go too much down the old boys network route. Berra has been a great servant but he's finished. Clean broom and all the best Robbie.Β 

Yes I remember a few moths ago when many on here told us Daniel was the man..new and exciting they said..I guess being bottom and relegated was exciting if that's what they wanted

Β 

Me I'll take tried and tested at this moment in time …. Championship or Premier League after having gone through the exciting you would like

I think he will not be many fans first choice but he will not be bottom of those same fans list

Β 

He ticks all the boxes especially if we stay in the championship..2 promotions

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Like others I think the change of style was introduced by Levein, after the defeat by Aberdeen.

He’s said before he was his own man. Β Levein outΒ the back ground will be sure to help though.Β 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Β 

Every manager since Robbie has seen us take a massive step backwards.Β 

Β 

I don’t think Stendel took usΒ a massive step backward.

millerjames398
11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

He likes a familiar face does Robbie. Wonder if we'll see any Dundee United boys coming in.Β 

The boy harkes in midfield, seems to be rated and the forward appere as well..and the obvious oneπŸ˜„πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, stan said:

Must have been one awkward call for Ann to make to United

Β 

'See that court case?'

'Aye, ya radge'

'Well, I'm not calling about that...'

Β 

The absolute balls of it.

Β 

Marvellous.

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Β 

Oh C'mon, You telling me you would have predicted this one?

Nah, not really. Wouldn’t be flapping a lace fan about in front of myself, before swooning theatrically either though. :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Have you considered the possibility that Stendel told us he was off? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Well hopefully Budge will confirm that then.

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

The day Robbie returned to Hearts as part of the coaching staff our football improved.

Robbie is a well-liked charismatic individual who knows what he is doing.

An epic appointment.

Anyway, we all know how unsuitable the JKB format is when it comes to perusing, choosing, suggesting a new managerial name.

Β 

πŸ™Œ Fully agree

good to hear a level headed well thought out response instead of β€œAYE BUT HIBS AN THAT EH KENβ€πŸ‘

41 minutes ago, brux said:

Β NoΒ announcement re Stendel? Strange to appoint a new manager without saying anything about the one in position.

He wasn't in position though. His contract effectively ended as soon as the Rats called the leagues.

Β 

He was and still is a free agent.Β  I'd be absolutely stunned if he didn't know the club's plans. He's more than likely well aware that it was over for him. Ann isn't the type of person who would appoint a manager without informing Daniel first.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just wasn’t very good at winning games. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Β 

Would have liked to have seen if he could turn it around, but it looks to me like he didn’t want to stay.Β 
Β 

Β 

Psychicjambo

Makes me wonder the real reasons why he left us in the first place. As he was doing well. Needs to empty a lot o shit oot. Be good if he signed the Dunfermline boy hibs were afterΒ  . Maybe some cash and swap deal or year loansΒ  Β 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Well hopefully Budge will confirm that then.

Seems like he must have, to me. Only explanation for announcing Neilson before announcing Stendel’s departure. I’d be surprised if she did it like that otherwise.

Greedy Jambo

Nah, not really. Wouldn’t be flapping a lace fan about in front of myself, before swooning theatrically either though. :lol:

Β 

I'm flapping all over the place here.Β 

I'll give Robbie the benefit of the doubt, there is one thing that all our failed managers (over the last 6 years) have had in common,Β 

CRAIG LEVEIN

He's now gone, let's see what Robbie can do.Β 

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Like others I think the change of style was introduced by Levein, after the defeat by Aberdeen.

Yip, that is when it started to go downhill. As i said Robbie deserves another chance post Levein, but so did Stendel tbf.

Just wasn’t very good at winning games. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Β 

Would have liked to have seen if he could turn it around, but it looks to me like he didn’t want to stay.Β 
Β 

Β 

In terms of taking us a β€œmassive step backwards” Cathro and Levein fit the bill.

The jury was out on Stendel and unfortunately we will now never know if he could have turnedΒ it around.

Β 

I'll give Robbie the benefit of the doubt, there is one thing that all our failed managers (over the last 6 years) have had in common,Β 

CRAIG LEVEIN

Β 
Hopefully you get over the shock soon. :lol:

Greedy Jambo

Β 
Hopefully you get over the shock soon. :lol:

Β 

I know, you'd think i'd be immune to it by now.Β 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In terms of taking us a β€œmassive step backwards” Cathro and Levein fit the bill.

The jury was out on Stendel and unfortunately we will now never know if he could have turnedΒ it around.

On the plus side many will be able to make out we would have been world beaters had he stayed. So something for everyone really.Β 

Dr. Bapswent

We seem intent on ruining good relationships we have with our ex players by placing them in the firing line as managers.Β 
Β 

Why this need to jeopardise this at all?
Β 

Β 

kingantti1874

Apparently Stendel informed hearts yesterday Β he intends take another gig.

Β 

as for a step back? A step backΒ to being pretty decent, a step back toΒ not getting humiliated every single week, a step back to winning 60 of our games ..

Β 

Yeah like theΒ the kindΒ of step back we neededΒ 

I'm assuming Stendel agreed to void his contract, there's no way the club can afford to be paying him out in full alongside whatever compensation may be due to Dundee Utd.

Β 

I know, you'd think i'd be immune to it by now.Β 

:thumbsup:

Β 

Life is a rollercoaster. Winston Churchill said that... or was it RonanΒ Keating? I forget.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Phoodle out stuff was truly pathetic. But it seems weird to be going back to Neilson when it all ended in quite a weird way. It’s a bit like throwing the manager’s job to Levein and constantly going back to oldΒ players to join again. It’s like we can’t look outside a small circle and when we do (as with Stendel) we give him about two monthsΒ 

Not my choice, but without Levein, he may do well. Β 

Β 

I do think it shows that Budge has a limited knowledge of football, and limited contacts. Β  Β  Probably why she determined that Levein was the best man all along for the job, last time. Β 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Β 

as for a step back? A step backΒ to being pretty decent, a step back toΒ not getting humiliated every single week, a step back to winning 60 of our games ..

Β 

Fekkkk cheating absolute feking .....Β 

Β 

Na fair enough good luck see ya you were rubbish 🀣🀣

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Β 

Β 

Seemed obvious to me. Not Ann’s style to appoint a manager whilst negotiating with Stendel.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:thumbsup:

Β 

Life is a rollercoaster. Winston Churchill said that... or was it RonanΒ Keating? I forget.

Β 

Was it no James Keatings?Β 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Β 

Β 

This seems to be true , about Stendel ,

Robbie is a hard working fitness fanatic and expects his players to be the same , and that's from a young hearts player first time round .

Welcome back .

Β 

Β 

The Old Tolbooth

I’dΒ imagine Robbie will be relishing getting back to his favourite club, even more so when you consider that he won’t be hampered this time by an utter dinosaur!Β 
Β 

He’s done well at United, he’ll be fine once he ships out the utter dross we have.Β 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I feel a bit shell shocked but Robbie is a good enough manager who knows the club in side out and more importantly he won't have Levein to answer to this time. I was still eagerly awaiting to see what DS would do with his own team and the what if will remain especially if Robbie doesn't have us flying next season. I think he will though and that won't be an issue. Welcome home Robbie.

Independence
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Have you considered the possibility that Stendel told us he was off? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Other threads are saying Stendal had told Queen Anne he was off. Seems like a sensible turn of events!

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Β 

I'm not so sure.Β 

17 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Β 

CRAIG LEVEIN

You think Robbie was a failure last time.

It's a solid and safe appointment. Robbie will have us organised, hard to beat and re-establish us as a top 4 team.

Β 

We might not be great to watch every week but I actually don't give a shit as long as we win football matches. That is what counts and what makes our balance sheet healthier at the end of the day. We've been shite for far too long.Β 

Β 

Everyone should get behind him and stop acting like spoilt ******s expecting **** knows who instead?Β