• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Brauhauser2012
Just now, Sir Gio said:

What does it all mean. 

So many things to stir the imagination 

I'm imaging a lack of strategy and eye bleeding football.  

Gobsmacked to be honest. Absolutely gobsmacked.

dont know what to think. Getting behind him obviously but what a waste of time for all the Stendell gig was. Dundee Utd seething Id imagine

welcome back Robbie

Edited by 1971fozzy

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

dont know what to think. Getting behind him obviously but what a waste of time for all the Stendell gig was

Feel exactly the same.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

dont know what to think. Getting behind him obviously but what a waste of time for all the Stendell gig was

welcome back Robbie

I was a fan. 

But it is an astonishing turn of events at an astonishing time 

jambo-fletch

We’ve got a diamond Robbie Neilson

a Jambo that comes from Paisley

He said **** off to Dundee United

He came back to save HMFC

welcome back Robbie!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Cruyff said:

That happened incredibly quickly. I wonder why? 

It's a strange one. 

Gets the mind racing 

Brick Tamland

Very happy with this appointment, he should never have been hounded out by the arseholes in our support. 
Hopefully he’ll bring in a couple of key players with him and the fans will give him all the support he needs. 

22games nro

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

The 40-year-old rejoins the Jambos on a three-year-deal after compensation was agreed with Dundee United.

A trophy winner in spells as both a player and head coach at Hearts, the former Scotland cap needs no introduction to anyone of a maroon persuasion.

Robbie spent nine-years playing in Gorgie, where he won the Scottish Cup, helped the Jam Tarts to second-place in the league and the Champions League qualifying berth that went with it, and scored a memorable UEFA Cup winner in Basle.

He took over the club’s managerial reins in 2014 and immediately took the boys in maroon back to the top flight with a record-breaking Championship-winning campaign.

A third-place Premiership finish followed the season after, and a return to European football, before Robbie moved down south to join MK Dons in 2018, returning to Scotland with Dundee United later that same year.

He led United to the Championship title last season before deciding to come back home to Tynecastle.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said: “You don’t turn down the chance to come to a club like Hearts and I’m absolutely delighted to be coming back.

“I had some great experiences here, both as a player and manager, and I’m keen to pick up where I left off.

“Everyone knows there is a really good squad at Hearts and I’m excited to begin working with the players and staff. 

“Finally, I’d like to say thank you to Dundee United for the opportunity they gave me two years ago. I hope the United fans feel that together we managed to restore the club back to where it belongs.”

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Gets the mind racing 

It does. Usually there's at least a weeks speculation. Not just a few hours on a Sunday. 

Maybe Ann's done ****ing about 

JamboGraham

You know it’s not normal times when the announcement of a new manager doesn’t really register a blip in terms of importance for the club...

What happens then if we win the court case and are put back in the Premier league surely Daniel Stendel would still have a contract. 

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

Very happy with this appointment, he should never have been hounded out by the arseholes in our support. 
Hopefully he’ll bring in a couple of key players with him and the fans will give him all the support he needs. 

Might persuade Shanklin to come.

Let's get this right. We wanted Daniel Stendel because of his attacking style of play, had an opportunity to really build something good this summer and come back stronger. Instead we appoint a guy we wanted rid of for the eye bleeding football and Hibs capitulation. A guy Dundee United fans were losing patience with? I hope to god he brings Shankland with him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Dr. Bapswent

I hope he has found some bottle and some style though or that plane will be getting hired by the zoomers again. 

What I don't get is a few days ago SD was the priority appointment but today we have initiated contact and appointed a manager all in a day!

1 minute ago, kwizbet09 said:

What happens then if we win the court case and are put back in the Premier league surely Daniel Stendel would still have a contract. 

immediately crossed my mind. Makes you wonder

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

You know it’s not normal times when the announcement of a new manager doesn’t really register a blip in terms of importance for the club...

The club haven't even announced the departure of Stendel yet...

1 minute ago, kwizbet09 said:

I thought the same........

1 minute ago, RudiIsGod said:

Let's get this right. We wanted Daniel Stendel because of his attacking style of play, had an opportunity to really build something good this summer and come back stronger. Instead we appoint a guy we wanted rid of for the eye bleeding football and Hibs capitulation. A guy Dundee United fans were losing patience with? I hope to god he brings Shankland with him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Hopefully we play the football robbie had us playing in the championship

Dallas Green

Jings.

Welcome back I suppose 😂

As always, right behind the manager. Did a cracking job the last time we were in the championship.

Bazzas right boot

Lol

It's actually happened! 

I thought it was a discussion on here. 

😂😂😂😂

Shame for Stendel, but the timing and circumstances meant it was all a bit of a mess. 

Least no matter what we have clarity now. 

Get rid of CL and get Robbie back. 

I think Ann is winding up the bams on our support! 

And as for us being skint..... 👍

Puts Utd right in their box as well.  **** you *****. 

Shankland does like a championship season..... 

Obviously I'm really disappointed to be losing Daniel and his team. The last 6 months have effectively been pointless. 

Robbie was playing nice attacking football in the Championship and there was a belief that Levein was partly responsible for the sudden change to negativity. How true that is, I guess we'll find out. ]

One thing I really liked about Neilson in his first spell was the emphasis on fitness with the double sessions. Seeing us turning up and not being the fittest team these past few seasons has been insulting tbh. Its unprofessional and the least we should be able to expect. 

He's got his work cut out but happy enough with the appointment. 

First signing Gordon?

Eh ?   Wow !  Welcome back Robbie. How the **** did that happen ?. Just as I'm watching the '98 final too. Only in the wonderful wacky world of Hearts eh...

Edited by whodanny

Are FOH on board with this appointment?

Deserves a chance post Levein but surely Stendel did?.

Like Levein, he will split the support. There was zero need for this appointment at this time.

Edited by Gambo

Never boring being a Jambo is it!

Welcome back Robbie but jesus this is a random piece of news. 

Has Stendel officially left then?! Must have missed that! 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It does. Usually there's at least a weeks speculation. Not just a few hours on a Sunday. 

Maybe Ann's done ****ing about 

I’d imagine Stendel has rejected the contract offer and Budge has moved quickly.