Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Honestly think budge is on the windup big time here

after the court case she will have to go, stendell had us playing the way we wanted now its back to a hearts man. backward step,are we preparing for the championship.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Nookie Bear

All we can do is treat him like a new manager, give him our support and benefit of the doubt and see what happens. 

If we kick off Day One with fans moaning about cup replays (which were abysmal at the time) then it’s going to painful. 

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Be interesting to see how he’ll do with Levein gone.

Welcome back Robbie

Interesting indeed!

The theory was that Robbie left because of the fans.

Others said it was because of Levein’s interference.

Well the fans are still here and Levein has gone!

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great news. A manger who knows how to skoosh the championship if we are in it.. a manager who had us finish 4th in his first season back, a manager who had us 2 nd when he left.. 100% trolling Dundee Utd as well.

the right man at the right time.. delighted 

feel bad for Daniel, could have been great.. he was the right man at the wrong time 

When was the right time?

Unknown user

Now the initial shock's out the way, sorry to see Daniel go, I liked the guy.

But I liked where the club was when he left apart from our boring playing style. If that's different this time I'm up for it.

Frank Sidebottom
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don’t place all fans in the same boat

a small number of idiots wanted him out when we were sitting second in the league, I’m assuming you were one of then

majority of fans wanted him to stay, liked what he was doing.

Not sure what you’ve based your last sentence on. 

Let’s not kid ourselves on here, second place when he left was a false position and the football was eyebleedingly awful at times.  Not to mention the complete **** up in the Scottish cup. 

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Are FOH on board with this appointment?

Deserves a chance post Levein but surely Stendel did?.

Like Levein, he will split the support. There was zero need for this appointment at this time.

Is really nothing to do with FoH. Fan owned not fan run. 
And this appointment definitely  doesN’t split the support. A small minority will for unfathomable reasons be disappointed while the others will look at the facts. During a time of significant crisis in Scottish football we have just re-signed one of our most successful managers of this Century.  

Just now, Barack said:

You think we should be buying players when we've staff taking wages cuts, etc.?

You think we'll be spending millions on a player do you?

You think United, (who didn't want to even give us Neilson), will deal with Hearts again, for their most saleable asset when we're trying to deny them promotion and potentially revenue for them?

You think Shankland wants another go at the Championship goal scoring record?

Let's agree to disagree and leave it there.

The level of shithousing here is bat shit mental. We'll contest your promotion, oh and we'll take your manager too :D 

I really hope we haven't folded and accepted some settlement. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Weird appointment. I don’t know how to take it. 

It'll end in tears.

Graham Thomson

Welcome home Robbie, I'm guessing ex jambo Weir or Jefferies will be named new DOF this week.

Back to basics I think!

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Have we still got staff furloughed? Yet got money for compensation and an on going possible court case......Mm 

What's your point caller?

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Bad decision for me. Not because I don’t like him. but I don’t think you should ever go back. 

Is there really no other managers out there as good if not better? 

An unnecessary lack of vision and ambition for me. Just repeating the same

old same old. 

This, why divide the support before a ball is even kicked. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Realise not all will be on board with this. Personally I think it’s an excellent appointment.

My concern with previous appointments by Ann was she seemed to be blinded by what folk

said they were going to do. And ignored the harsh reality of what they’d most recently done.

You can’t say this appointment ignores

the realities of immediate past performance.

Feel very sorry for Stendel but the thought of

him taking the first round of championship fixtures to work out the league in a shortened

campaign caused me a lot of concern.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

All we can do is treat him like a new manager, give him our support and benefit of the doubt and see what happens. 

If we kick off Day One with fans moaning about cup replays (which were abysmal at the time) then it’s going to painful. 

well said and 100% 

Pasquale for King

Did Levein leave a note on Budges desk “get Robbie back” before he left 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😃?!?!

NaturalOrder74

It’s been since we pushed him away things got bad I don’t think anyone can argue with that. 

I thought United were rich at the moment ? Sure I’ve heard that from a few sources, seems unusual to give away their successful manager. 

I don’t see why people are unhappy be interested to hear who would be better, I mean DS arguably could have gotten better if he had time But Robbie’s a safe pair of hands from day one in my opinion 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Frank Sidebottom said:

Let’s not kid ourselves on here, second place when he left was a false position and the football was eyebleedingly awful at times.  Not to mention the complete **** up in the Scottish cup. 

so it was by accident we were second? We accidently found ourselves second place? How can it be a false position when we won enough points to get us there? That makes literally no sense. 

dundee United and rangers both caused their own downfall in that cup. One result is what you base neilsons time with us

give me results over “flair” any day. We are bottom because we didn’t win enough points. We need to win points. Robbie helped us win points - easy as that

The belief that Stendel was going to be a game changer was starting to look a bit like the same delusions with Cathro. Robbie has been successful here and at United. Time to stabilise the team which has been really crap since he left. I was thinking it was just a wee press rumour but not unhappy especially looking at some of the other names in the frame. It will be interesting to see how Stendel does unless he drops off the radar and I am sure we wish him well.

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Do you think if he didnt leave and stayed with us, we would be in this position we are in now?

3 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

This. Not happy at all. All feels like we've jumped the gun and made a rash decision. 

It kinda comes across like Budge has run out of ideas on the football front.

It looks like a bit of a backward step however we took a massive step backward under Levein and we are having to re-build again from the Championship. Robbie did it once so he will get my 100% support this time round.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It'll end in tears.

That's true of most managerial appointments though to be fair 

Fluorescent Adolescent
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There was zero need for this appointment at this time.

Unless there is.

Wonder if AB knows something. 

1. We're going down, Daniel's contract is invalid, Robbie knows how to win a championship.

2. We're staying up. Robbie gets to manage in the premiership again, maybe at a lower cost than Daniel. Would you rather manage us or Dundee Hubs?

Just now, Central Belt 1874 said:

So I take it he wasnt 'Hounded out by the fans' last time around then? 

Are you referring to the plane incident where Tynecastle erupted into a 'one Robbie Neilson' chant?

Assuming Gallagher and Kirk will be part of the backroom, think Robbie could do worse than involving Locke in some way, purely for the big fixture motivation similar to Paulos reign

I like Neilson and liked him as manager but I didn't want him back. It's like we go out of our way to alienate large swathes of support. Why on earth we'd do that at a time we've manage to galvanise most of the support, I've really no idea 

Fluorescent Adolescent
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It'll end in tears.

Like Cathro, Levein and Stendel then.

We are where we are and this is a solid appointment.

If it’s the Championship there’s little doubt he knows how to win that league.

9 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Have we still got staff furloughed? Yet got money for compensation and an on going possible court case......Mm 

Ask yer mates at ER...

Well, I didn't see that one coming! I'm chuffed though. Not just because I liked Robbie first time round, but because we've clearly worked a flanker to pinch him from Dundee United.  All of a sudden I'm interested again!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You think we should be buying players when we've staff taking wages cuts, etc.?

You think we'll be spending millions on a player do you?

You think United, (who didn't want to even give us Neilson), will deal with Hearts again, for their most saleable asset when we're trying to deny them promotion and potentially revenue for them?

You think Shankland wants another go at the Championship goal scoring record?

Let's agree to disagree and leave it there.

At least allow me to reply.

No of course i dont want any staff/players having to take wage cuts.But that will pass in time when this situation is over,its not here for ever.

Utd will sell him if we offer a fair price .They have over spent in there effort to win there lge.Plus they got him for nothing from Ayr utd so all profit if they sell.

Shankland will go if we are paying him more than utd.

Might be better to be top scorer in the championship than average in a tougher lge.

Just my opinion of course as the above is yours.

Central Belt 1874
1 minute ago, kila said:

Are you referring to the plane incident where Tynecastle erupted into a 'one Robbie Neilson' chant?

No, not really. I'm talking about the narrative some would like to have us believe that was the reason he left previously. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Exactly! That theory was absolute mince!

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Very happy with this appointment, he should never have been hounded out by the arseholes in our support. 
Hopefully he’ll bring in a couple of key players with him and the fans will give him all the support he needs. 

FFS don’t start all that hounded out pish!  He left to try and prove himself in England for more money.  It didn’t work out but he’s a proven manager in the Scottish Championship so probably good timing to get him back if that’s the league we’re going to be in.  Strange move for him though given what’s going on and all the uncertainty.  Maybe he fancies a Lowland League title.🤷‍♂️

Maybe we could hire a plane to welcome him back?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I like Neilson and liked him as manager but I didn't want him back. It's like we go out of our way to alienate large swathes of support. Why on earth we'd do that at a time we've manage to galvanise most of the support, I've really no idea 

What large swathes ?  A few feckwits with too much money hiring a plane ?  Hope they stay away.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

No, not really. I'm talking about the narrative some would like to have us believe that was the reason he left previously. 

Think more will start to believe he left because of Levein.